Register Tags

Notices

Old 13-10-2011, 05:35
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from USA - Alabama
mmmbreakfast is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 271, Level: 2 Points: 271, Level: 2 Points: 271, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Anybody use adderall to increase the efficiency of workouts?

I love adderall for all it's good effects but in the last few months that I've been a lot more serious about working out the only reason I take it anymore is to increase my workout. When I take adderall and go to the gym I can do more of every exercise and increase weight on everything. This has resulted in me gaining much larger amounts of muscle and strength. I was wondering if anybody else uses adderall, or any other stimulants, to increase the efficiency of workouts, instead of the usual academic stimulation people take it for.
Old 13-10-2011, 05:54

Male from United States
usrnm is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Anybody use adderall to increase the efficiency of workouts?

I recently went to the gym while on adderall, and it was amazing and felt great. I was also able to do more weight, reps, and sets than usual. I also still had lots of energy after the gym, when usually I'm exhausted. Too bad they dont have a pre workout supplement like this, or a pre workout supplement that works for that matter.
Old 13-10-2011, 06:17
Silver Member

I feel the exact same way. After a workout that would have normally made me beyond exhausted I went and played 4-4 basketball for an hour afterwards
Old 13-10-2011, 06:54
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,390, Level: 7 Points: 2,390, Level: 7 Points: 2,390, Level: 7
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

really i think this could be dangerous, stimulants put a lot of strain on your heart, and adding lifting heavy amounts of weights could be extremely dangerous. i would be seriously worried about heart attacks or things like that. how high are the dosages you are using before lifting? is the adderall legally prescribed by a doctor, and if so have you told him about your lifting habits and that you feel like it helps with energy when lifting?

when i was in high school i took weight training for about 2.5 semesters. at one point i was a very very heavy user of cocaine. i would do coke all day after school into the late night, then get a hour or two of sleep, wake up and do cocaine. my weight training class was right after my lunch hour, and instead of eating lunch i would do a lot of cocaine. i also found it game me almost super human lifting abilities and i increased my max lifting weights A LOT. from one semester i went from my max bench being about 210 to it being 240. the cocaine gave me so much energy to lift and made my brain feel sort of alfa dominant and made me desire to be able to lift more. i also found when i would do coke at lunch time then lift weights, i didn't feel the come down at all.

anyway you need to think about the pro's and cons. its like steroids, it can make you put on muscle like a crazy bull, but at what price? than when you stop using your ability to lift so much is going to drop.

coolhandluke added 4 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

also would like to add

we all know when lifting, holding your breath during a max push is bad, but if you are adding stimulant drugs to the mix THIS COULD BE DEADLY. everyone tries to breath evenly as much as possible, but realistically when you are maxing out, some times you do hold your breath. in my opinion this could put a lot of pressure on your heart and be more dangerous with stimulant drugs in the mix. im not doctor but i just think that is a good idea.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very pertinent points to raise.

Last edited by coolhandluke; 13-10-2011 at 06:54. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-10-2011, 08:36

Male from United States
Garuccio is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I have only used it onetime for a workout, i swim competitively and the first time i had ever taken an addy was before one of our huge sectional meets. I didn't know what to expect, but i had more energy and was pretty wired that whole night. I definitely see where people would love working out on it. It keeps you focused on what you are doing, but seeing what coldhandluke had to say, i would rather not take that chance of heart problems. That's the last thing i need..... I've worked out all my life without taking addy, and i can keep it that way. I fear that if i start taking it at workouts, i wont want to do them at all when im not on it and that would be a big problem, because i dont get addy that often.
Old 13-10-2011, 10:08
Palladium Member

23 y/o Male from United States
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Adderall actually decreases the dummy's cardiovascular endurance. That is, running at the same speed as sober, his heart rate and blood pressure are higher. This can be dangerous, especially for non-prescribed users. People who actually have a script will acclimatize to the medication.
Old 13-10-2011, 15:26
BitterSweet BitterSweet is nu online
Silver Member

24 y/o Female from Canada
BitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,622, Level: 7 Points: 2,622, Level: 7 Points: 2,622, Level: 7
Activity: 20.7% Activity: 20.7% Activity: 20.7%

The first time SWIM took adderall was because a friend, who had no right to push his medication on such a young and naive person, told SWIM it would make her lose weight and give her lots of energy.

She took it not knowing what to expect, also being the first time taking it. SWIM loved how long she could work out for. SWIM began to use amphetamines as an aid for working out, mostly using ritalin in the following summer after work to motivate her to work out.

One time her heart rate went to its maximum (heart rate of 200, or 100%). SWIM delighted in this but now she sees and has been informed of the extreme dangerous of working out on adderall or other amphetamines. She still admits she would do it, but is much more cognizant of the drawbacks and as such it deters her more. Generally though, SWIM is still guilty as charged in terms of sometimes using amphetamines to enhance her workouts. Obviously it would be wise to warn against this.
Old 14-10-2011, 05:18
Silver Member

Definitely some good points raised on the dangers of combining stimulants with workouts. I think it's very important not rely on stimulants for motivation to work out or have constant increased lifting ability. I work out regularly regardless of whether or not I use stimulants so it's more of a change for me to see my increased lifting ability on stimulants as appossed to my normal ability. To answer coolhandlukes questions: I am not prescribed it, I take generaly around 40-60 mg, and just for extra reference I make sure to eat regardless of how much I don't want to. I also make sure to breath deeply and regularly during lifts and so far have had no negative effects. Definitely not encouraging anybody to do this but it has worked very well for me when I've felt stuck on certain weights during my workouts.
Old 15-11-2011, 19:36
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
addersloth is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 134, Level: 1 Points: 134, Level: 1 Points: 134, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Dopamine increases granted by addy will give SWIY greater muscle control over the body, allowing muscles to be contracted with greater precision. SWIM also feels he can run for much longer on addy due to the very high concentration levels granted by the drug. Dont take SWIM's word for it, but SWIM believes that they have done tests indicating that overall strength is around 5% higher when lifting on Amphetamines. Overall, Addy WILL help SWIY's workouts to be more effective, whether weightlifting or anaerobic.

It must be said that there are risks to this. Overtraining is very easy on Addy, as your body doesnt indicate as easily when it is tired. Your heart can also be put at risk if you work too hard while on this powerful stimulant. Taking addy with ephedrine is not recommended. Caffeine is OK.
Old 15-11-2011, 20:09
Titanium Member

Female from United States
DriftAway is captain of the psychonauts.DriftAway is captain of the psychonauts.DriftAway is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I would get a few grams around mid terms and finals and such (coke is amazing for philosophy studying for some reason) and in order to come down i would go swim or surf. I really wouldn't have the coordination for surfing big waves or for nose riding BUT I would usually go on 5 mile ocean paddles..on a long board not a paddle board lol. I eventually went on to compete in 5-15 mile distance paddle board contests because I got in amazing shape from this plus I would have no problems getting to sleep after a binge.

I had adderall a few times and while i felt more focused on high doses the effects were similar to me. Coke was just easier and cheaper to get.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, adderall abuse, adderall use, aderall, cocaine, coke, concerta, dea, drug, drugs, heart rate, love, speed, stimulant, stimulants, video gaming on drugs