Notices

Old 12-10-2011, 14:35
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Australia
wrek1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How to get the most from tramadol

Hi, SWIM is prescribed 400mg tramadol sr and durogesic 25 but this still is not giving the desired pain relief or feeling that is wanted. SWIM has had 3 x 200mg sr and 4 x 50mg tramadol and feels nothing, what can swim do to get the achieved feeling (euforia) and to kill the pain, should swim take more ??
Old 12-10-2011, 15:02
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%
Re: How to get the most from tramadol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrek1 View Post
Hi, SWIM is prescribed 400mg tramadol sr and durogesic 25 but this still is not giving the desired pain relief or feeling that is wanted. SWIM has had 3 x 200mg sr and 4 x 50mg tramadol and feels nothing, what can swim do to get the achieved feeling (euforia) and to kill the pain, should swim take more ??
Tramadol is said to have some antagonistic effects upon other opiates. If I were you I'd quit using the word SWIM, it's not necessary anymore (read the new self-incrimination rules). But I'd also not take tramadol with fentanyl.

Fentanyl is a dangerous medication, you have to put it on your body as directed and not use it in any other fashion. The 25mcg/hr patches are the lowest dosage ones. Tramadol has anti-depressant activity and some pain relieving activity. If you are trying to reach a euphoric state you might die trying. Cut out the tramadol, and just stick with the fentanyl patches. If they aren't doing the trick ask your doctor for an increase in dosage to the 50mcg/hr patches. Fentanyl only lasts 1 hour, that's why they make it in a continual release patch. It is also the result of many OD's when people try to reach euphoria on them. Good luck SWIM, also, never cut the patches up and eat them. Very deadly. One patch last three days, 25mcg x 72 hours = 1800 mcgs in one dose or 1.8mgs. That is a deadly dose without a tolerance. Be careful, bro.

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 15-10-2011 at 06:42.
Old 12-10-2011, 16:50
Silver Member

Male from Spain
RoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,391, Level: 8 Points: 3,391, Level: 8 Points: 3,391, Level: 8
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

Quote:
Tramadol is said to have some antagonistic effects upon other opiates. If I were you I'd quit using the word SWIM, it's not necessary anymore (read the new self-incrimination rules). But I'd also not take tramadol with fentanyl.
Really?I was sort of used to the whole "no self-incrimination" rule and sort of got used to hearing "swim"...

Quote:
If you're trying to achieve a high from the patch, it would be best if you used a different route of administration, as transdermal absorbtion is very slow, UTFSE or an internet search engine for details, although being the first time I recommend you run it by us first just in case.

Robo
Old 14-10-2011, 10:43
Silver Member

I was just adding that I'm also on durogesic but I'm trying to achieve the high from the tramadol, I also just picked up a box of endone so now have tramadol 200mg Sr and 5mg endone tabs but have run out of tramadol 50mg caps, what do you think could achieve a nice high but also how much is too much and what should I look out for if taken too much?
Old 14-10-2011, 20:04
Silver Member

Male from Spain
RoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPAC

Quote:
I was just adding that I'm also on durogesic but I'm trying to achieve the high from the tramadol, I also just picked up a box of endone so now have tramadol 200mg Sr and 5mg endone tabs but have run out of tramadol 50mg caps, what do you think could achieve a nice high but also how much is too much and what should I look out for if taken too much
I'd really appreciate some generic names, but tramadol is very weak and dangerous stuff and you should really consider using the other stronger opiates you have.

Robo
Old 15-10-2011, 00:45
Silver Member

The box says tramadol Sr 200mg, the patches say durogesic 25 , the tramadol caps say ultram 50mg and the oxycodone says endone 5mg
Old 15-10-2011, 10:30
Silver Member

Male from Spain

Then try taking 4 "endones" and work your way up until you feel the desired effects.Just be careful with your dose, oxy is not to be messed with.

Robo
Old 15-10-2011, 13:31
Titanium Member

Male from Finland
Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by salgoud View Post
One patch last three days, 25mcg x 72 hours = 1800 mcgs in one dose or 1.8mgs. That is a deadly dose without a tolerance. Be careful, bro.

salgoud
The total amount of fentanyl in the transdermal patches is way more than the amount of micrograms/hour x 72. Check out this post.

The LD50 of fentanyl for monkeys is 0.03 mg/kg (IV), so 1.8 milligrams is a very risky dose which no one should take but not necessarily a deadly dose.

According to the Finnish Medicines Agency, the analgesia provided by a 25 mcg/h patch equals to 90 milligrams of oral morphine/24 hours.

You should not exceed 400 milligrams of tramadol/24 hours because it significantly increases the risk of a seizure. Other opioids also reduce the seizure threshold to some extent, so tramadol shouldn't be combined with other opioids.

Alhough tramadol also has other analgesic activity in addition to it's opioid activity, the benefits of tramadol in this situation should be discussed with the prescribing doctor. Do not abruptly discontinue taking tramadol.

If SWIY feels that the current regimen of medications isn't sufficient to control SWIY's pain, SWIY should discuss with the prescribing doctor about upping the dose of fentanyl. However, if SWIY's object is to attain euphoria from the medications used, SWIM would greatly advice against this as it needlessly and rapidly raises tolerance to the medicines which SWIY needs for pain control.

Post Quality Evaluations:
nice harm reduction
Old 15-10-2011, 16:39
Palladium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Yes, petri6's post gives important harm reduction advice. Do not take more than 400mg of tramadol per day. It has been proven to increase seizure risk even in healthy individuals with no history of epilepsy or other seizure. As petri says, you need to discuss this with your doctor rather than alter medications dosages by yourself.

Durogesic/fentanyl is one of the, if not the absolutely most potent painkiller on the market, so if coadministration of fentanyl and tramadol is not working for your pain, a medical professional is your best bet.

Good advice about the risks of seizure with Tramadol and to take professional advice.
Old 17-10-2011, 17:23
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petri6 View Post
The total amount of fentanyl in the transdermal patches is way more than the amount of micrograms/hour x 72. Check out this post.

The LD50 of fentanyl for monkeys is 0.03 mg/kg (IV), so 1.8 milligrams is a very risky dose which no one should take but not necessarily a deadly dose.

According to the Finnish Medicines Agency, the analgesia provided by a 25 mcg/h patch equals to 90 milligrams of oral morphine/24 hours.

You should not exceed 400 milligrams of tramadol/24 hours because it significantly increases the risk of a seizure. Other opioids also reduce the seizure threshold to some extent, so tramadol shouldn't be combined with other opioids.

Alhough tramadol also has other analgesic activity in addition to it's opioid activity, the benefits of tramadol in this situation should be discussed with the prescribing doctor. Do not abruptly discontinue taking tramadol.

If SWIY feels that the current regimen of medications isn't sufficient to control SWIY's pain, SWIY should discuss with the prescribing doctor about upping the dose of fentanyl. However, if SWIY's object is to attain euphoria from the medications used, SWIM would greatly advice against this as it needlessly and rapidly raises tolerance to the medicines which SWIY needs for pain control.
Yes, you are right, however, I was coming from a place of a person with a non-tolerance to opiates. At the time I was writing the post, I kept thinking of the lady who placed a patch on her body and held her baby so close to the patch, that the fentanyl in the patch killed the baby.

Of course, when one is given fentanyl they usually have developed a tolerance by that time. And 25mcg/hr, is the smallest amount one can get. The Actiq suckers have 1600mcg dose suckers (1.6mg) and Fentora which is a effervescent fentanyl medication, and I believe the highest dose is 800mcg.

With Fentora (and if it is effervescent) how do they keep people from misusing the medication by intravenous injection? So if one got the 100mcg patch x 72, that would be 7200mcg in one dose. The topic is about tramadol, so why I am talking fentanyl is beyond me.

How to Get the Most from Tramadol. This is a good question, and tramadol can be used for a variety of problems and medical conditions because of its easy availability because of it's Rx only status in the U.S.

The way I used tramadol (everybody is different remember that) is I was being prescribed it because of a biking accident, and I took five 50mg tabs when I would wake up. The reason I did this is because 250mg is not a massive dose, they make 200mg tramadol in Europe, in fact 50mg, 100mg, 200mg and I believe a 300mg Extended Release form, but I may be wrong about that.

Anyway, everyone that takes tramadol must realize the analgesic properties kick in as a weak agonist at first. As time goes on tramadol is demethylated to O-desmethyltramadol which has 1000 times the mu-agonist effects compared to tramadol itself. However, it takes 3 hours to feel the full analgesic effects, however the anti-depressant activity kicks in a little sooner.

Tramadol can be used to detox or help with W/D's symptoms for hydrocodone type drugs at least in my experience with tramadol.

When one quits tramadol, the W/D symptoms can be very uncomfortable. Diarrhea, sleepless nights, depression, etc. This is due to the O-desmethyl metabolite which is called the M1 metabolite and has approximately 1000 times the mu-agonist effects than tramadol (partial agonist) itself. Because of the delayed action, three hours to metabolize into O-desmethyltramadol there would no rush, IMO, if injected. Plus, binders and talc can build up in ones arteries and create a clot. Then the clot can be displaced, and reach the lungs, which can cause death, or go through the heart and to the brain. This would turn one into a vegetable (if not cause death also), unable to communicate in coherent sentences, and unable to walk. One must be assisted to the bathroom, and one must wear diapers. My mother had a stroke and for nine years when I visited my mother, and felt so bad for her. She was a beautiful women and did nothing to deserve such a fate. She passed away in 2/2005, but for me she died in 1996.

Go ahead and be irresponsible and inject your tramadol and live like my mother. Hopefully, your family will take care of you, otherwise you will go to a Nursing Facility where most of the staff could care less about you and treat you like a piece of crap.

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 17-10-2011 at 17:38.
Old 22-10-2011, 04:09

35 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Travis Tea of Justice is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

Just wanted to add something specific to the OP's situation since he has both tramadol and other, more "classical" opioids (for want of a better word, sorry it's nearly 4am here & I'm in too much pain to sleep).

Not many people know this but by far the majority of people who experience seizures on any dose of tramadol do so when in withdrawal from another opioid. As a general rule of thumb it is highly inadvisable to take more than about half of the maximum dosage you have taken of tramadol at your current level of tolerance without experiencing a seizure. In fact you're best not taking more than a normal prescribed dose of tramadol until you're clean from other opioids IMHO.
Also if you ever experience a seizure or blackout on tramadol however minor and even if you only suspect that's what happened then please, please don't just take it as a warning to reduce your intake. Stop taking tramadol for good and consult a neurologist. This is because a seizure will produce an effect called kindling on your brain which means that seizures are subsequently far more likely, especially in the presence of the original trigger. Frequent and/or prolonged seizures can deprive the brain of vital oxygen and lead to permanent brain damage or even death so no seizure should be ignored.
TBH I would forget the tramadol as a means to achieve euphoria. While it isn't bad pain relief for an opioid agonist of its strength bracket unless you're one of life's true tramadol hypermetabolisers (and the OP isn't judging by the details he's posted) then it is gonna take you potentially dangerous quantities to achieve it. Since the danger risks are for permanent health damage or maybe even permanent death it isn't really worth it for normal metabolisers of this strange drug.

Peace, Travis

whorthwhile harm reduction post about tramadol and seizures.
Old 25-10-2011, 03:52
Titanium Member

Male from Finland
Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by salgoud View Post
Yes, you are right, however, I was coming from a place of a person with a non-tolerance to opiates. At the time I was writing the post, I kept thinking of the lady who placed a patch on her body and held her baby so close to the patch, that the fentanyl in the patch killed the baby.

Of course, when one is given fentanyl they usually have developed a tolerance by that time. And 25mcg/hr, is the smallest amount one can get. The Actiq suckers have 1600mcg dose suckers (1.6mg) and Fentora which is a effervescent fentanyl medication, and I believe the highest dose is 800mcg.

With Fentora (and if it is effervescent) how do they keep people from misusing the medication by intravenous injection? So if one got the 100mcg patch x 72, that would be 7200mcg in one dose. The topic is about tramadol, so why I am talking fentanyl is beyond me.
I'm sorry to continue offtopic, but I feel that this inaccurate information is potentially deadly and therefore must be corrected.

As I said earlier, the patches have way more fentanyl than the micrograms/h x 72. For instance, the 100mcg/h Durogesic patches in Finland contain a total amount of 16.8 milligrams (16 800 micrograms) of fentanyl.

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, drugs, drugs forum, euphoria, fentanyl, fentora, incrimination, opiates, opioid, opioids, pain relief, self incrimination, tramadol, tramadol dose, transdermal, ultram