Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 09-10-2011, 03:52

Female from United States
dawnalla is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Failed Mouth Swab Test while snorting suboxone

Hello all:
AFOAF has been snorting Suboxone a few times a day for about a year. They went to their doctor appointment to find out they had started doing the oral mouth swab test to make sure that you were testing positive for suboxone. In the past they were doing a urine test to make sure nothing else was in your system. They thought nothing of this because after all they had been snorting suboxone non- stop for one year, About 16 mg. a day. During this time they had not been taking it sublingual at all. They were not nervous about the mouth swab test, because they figured that a lot of the suboxone they snorted went down their throat etc, and they do know they have the mouth swab test for cocaine users so it must work just like the suboxone....right?.......WRONG! They tested NEGATIVE for Suboxone after snorting it straight for an entire year. hmmmmm they thought, this is strange. They are wondering when they snorted it did it just pass up their saliva because they always snort it? They are not too sure how these mouth swab tests work but they have to wonder how it works with the cocaine as well. How is this even possible? Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:49
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 4,898, Level: 10 Points: 4,898, Level: 10 Points: 4,898, Level: 10
Activity: 20.7% Activity: 20.7% Activity: 20.7%
Re: Failed Mouth Swab Test while snorting suboxone

It actually sounds as if it might have been a bad test! My understanding ( and I may be wrong here) is that, regardless of the type of test-urine, saliva, blood, etc.-it is supposed to measure the concentration of the substance in question in your system. The route of administration does not matter! Whether you snort, swallow, plug, or inject, the drug is in your system. The only difference between different routes is the speed of onset. That being said, I understand there are other factors, such as first-pass metabolism, which may come into play, but I am trying to keep it simple here.

I would ask for a re-test.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:00

Female from United States
dawnalla is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Thank you so much for your input. Like I said we are just looking for any input we can come up with. As you know many times NOT having the correct substance in your body is worse than having the wrong drug show up on a drug test. Thank you for your time.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:05
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 4,898, Level: 10 Points: 4,898, Level: 10 Points: 4,898, Level: 10
Activity: 20.7% Activity: 20.7% Activity: 20.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnalla View Post
Thank you so much for your input. Like I said we are just looking for any input we can come up with. As you know many times NOT having the correct substance in your body is worse than having the wrong drug show up on a drug test. Thank you for your time.
It's why we are here and it's what we do!

Welcome to the forum!
Old 19-10-2011, 15:45
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10

It is possible it was a bad test, but I want to clarify something. The route of administration isn't completely negligible. I encourage anyone who doubts this to look up some information on it. Lots of studies have been done.

Peak plasma concentrations occur faster and fade more quickly with some route of administration than with others. Routes of administration which result in a faster peak and faster clearance include smoking, IV injection, and inhalation. Oral, rectal, and subcutaneous injection results in a slower peak due to slower absorption. The slower onset of peak also results in a slowed clearance from the body.

In addition, with regards to snorting absorption may be a problem due to physical aspects. This can be clearly understood with respect to a stuffy nose. The lower overall absorption from snorting could result in falsely passing a drug test.

Post Quality Evaluations:
excellent and informative post - thanks for clarifying re ROA

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, buprenorphine, cocaine, come up, drug, drug screen, drug test, drug tests, drugs, drugs-forum, meth, mouth swab, oral swab, pass a drug test, snorting, snorting drugs, snorting suboxone, speed, suboxone, urine drug test, urine test