Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 18:03
Silver Member

Female from United States
RubyHollywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Can Meth make you sick?

Hello DF friends! My neighbor came by this week, told me she took some Crystal earlier in the week, & she got super sick. She used to have 5-6day Crystal habit about 15 yrs ago. But just in the past year she has dabbled with it again, on occassion. So she was at a friend's, he gave her some to parachute. She didn't get a chance to see how much he put in the parachute. But she figured it wasn't too much, since the parachute seemed pretty small. So she took it. Now when she took it she had only eaten a small meal earlier in the day, if that makes a difference. Anywho, the high was great the first 8-10hrs. Then she became sick. Not throwing up, but just about. Everytime she'd cough or get up too fast she'd feel like she was gonna throw up everywhere. Her whole body hurt. This got worse as the time went by since she hadn't slept. This lasted for 2 days. This is the first time that this has ever happened to my neighbor. Last time she did Meth was alost 3mos ago & she was fine.She's never gotten sick like this when doing Meth. Is it possible she dosed too high, or could it be the meth itself or what it was cut with made her sick? Or was this a bit of an OD? Any input would be greatly appreciated. TIA )
Old 08-10-2011, 18:52
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male from United States
7dopeydwarves should review received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Can Meth make you sick?

not familiar with "parachute." if it means oral ingestion, then yes that can be VERY harsh...especially on the stomach and digestive system. also, meth will literally burn holes in the tissues of the mouth and throat and wreck mucus membranes. NOT preferred route

as far as getting sick, shooters can get very sick off cut. heat rush, eyes cross/pressure, headache, nausea, lethargy, tingling skin, belching/flatulence, "metal"/bleach/solvent taste/scent after running it. SWIM recommends going through and picking out as much bad stuff as possible thru various methods before attempt at IV.
Old 09-10-2011, 18:44
Silver Member

Thanx 7dopeydwarves! Yeah whatever that crap was had my neighbor so sick! She says she'll stick to smoking when she does.
Old 09-10-2011, 19:21

Male from Portugal
LoveNwar is an unknown quantity at this point

It's better to be sick ON a drug than WITHOUT a drug. At leats, it remembers you every minute why you should give it up, instead of wispering constantly in your ear "c'mon, you kow you need some more...". So, my point is, just quit meth altogether,man, whatever method of use you are pondering using; it's pretty visible why. But don't go trade it for opiates - like many do - or it will be even worse...
Old 09-10-2011, 19:56
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,678, Level: 6 Points: 1,678, Level: 6 Points: 1,678, Level: 6
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

I also had to look up parachute to learn it is a slang term for orally ingesting substances, though there are regional variations to the definition.
Any method of allowing meth into my stomach has always made me nauseous, even if initially it seemed ok. I think that has to do with the amount of time the drug remains in the digestive system. It also is affected by whatever substance is the 'cut' in the dose, if any.
Rumours abound about meth being cut with heroin, whenever people talk about nausea symptoms, around this area anyway.
In my case, nausea averted if I stick to smoking. Snorting tends to also cause a similar upset to my system when whatever is left/drained reaches my stomach.
Old 10-10-2011, 21:50
Silver Member

Thanx LoveNwar I think my neighbor has already fallen in love with Opiates many moons ago ) She hardly ever does Meth anymore. Stopped for about 14yrs. Just recently has dabbled again, she says no more parachutes though. Messed her up too much. So she tells me.
Old 10-10-2011, 22:14
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United States
Dog Rockets is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

Can meth make you sick? Hm, let us ponder this intriguing question...

Post Quality Evaluations:
Repeating the OP's question is not necessary. People can read the first post just fine. Please only post if you have something to contribute
Old 10-10-2011, 22:17
Palladium Member

24 y/o Female from United States
runnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medline
Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Parachute = taking a crushed drug (pills, meth, whatever) and putting it in something very thin like toilet paper and swallowing it as if it were a little balloon. Or at least that's how I've always seen it done.

Just for clarification.
Old 11-10-2011, 17:13

26 y/o Male from United States
7dopeydwarves should review received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerupbeautyqueen View Post
Parachute = taking a crushed drug (pills, meth, whatever) and putting it in something very thin like toilet paper and swallowing it as if it were a little balloon. Or at least that's how I've always seen it done.

Just for clarification.
My cocker spaniel has done the one/two-ply toilet paper thing and capped it up, too. Wrapping it in paper is least recommended because meth burns tissues in mouth and upper digestive BUT making it fit to swallow means paper must be thin. Unfortunately this means higher chance of meth touching those tissues and causing severe irritation.

Thanks for clarifying. She had heard the term "parachute" many times before but wasn't sure and isn't a fan. Oral method is not preferred ... VERY harsh, doesn't provide the rush of mainlining, feels like she's dirty all over and rotten inside, no appetite whatsoever. Sucks.

In her opinion, preferred routes go like this: 1. IV/injected; 2. Rectal; 3. Smoked/vaporize (through a filter apparatus ideally); 4. Snorted; 5. Oral. This is in terms of least side effects and overall efficacy of the drug.
Old 11-10-2011, 18:40
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyspy View Post
Any method of allowing meth into my stomach has always made me nauseous, even if initially it seemed ok. In my case, nausea averted if I stick to smoking. Snorting tends to also cause a similar upset to my system when whatever is left/drained reaches my stomach.
Exactly...I just wanted to point out that when you snort substances, the "drip" takes the substance into the stomach. So if you're trying to bypass something going into your stomach, snorting isn't THAT much more helpful.

~Kailey
Old 12-10-2011, 21:21
Silver Member

Male from United States
OrgoSynth is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Smoking can sure make you sick. When SWIM first started, he went to a friend's to smoke on tin foil. He figures he smoked too much or hadn't built enough tolerance because after a while he had sharp pains in his head and urgently he had to vomit profusely. He couldn't move or function for about 10 hours due to just smoking too much.

Habitually he'll be on the toilet time and time again after smoking along with stomach cramps, muscle spasms and phlegm build ups. But everyone is different.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:06

46 y/o Female from United States
kisseyface is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

maybe the aluminum foil gave you a headache
Old 10-04-2012, 15:17

Female from Earth
BrokenAlice should review received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisseyface View Post
maybe the aluminum foil gave you a headache

yeah, foil is yucky...

Foil is how Alice started many moons ago because it's easier than a pipe if you don't know what you're doing, and she's tried smoking off foil a couple times just for a trip down memory lane- but not anymore. It's gross and tastes nasty and is a pain in the ass once you're proficient with the pipe
Old 11-04-2012, 00:00
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 378, Level: 3 Points: 378, Level: 3 Points: 378, Level: 3

My pussy cat gets heart burn really bad when she smokes. She and her friends have decided that it might be because she is constantly chewing gum when she smokes, but she always swallows it. It seems after a few hits and swallowed wad (lmao, I laughed when I read what I wrote, couldn't take it out!), she's got the burns.
She also is on doctor prescribed Xanax, but she's found that if she takes the Xanax first, then smokes, she always gets nauseous.

Oh, and that's only the minor things, considering the high blood pressure, hardening arteries, arrhythmia, and numerous other dangers that can be the result of use.
Old 30-06-2013, 19:35

Ntj2033 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisMonroe View Post
My pussy cat gets heart burn really bad when she smokes. She and her friends have decided that it might be because she is constantly chewing gum when she smokes, but she always swallows it. It seems after a few hits and swallowed wad (lmao, I laughed when I read what I wrote, couldn'tcawe do take it out!), she's got the burns.
She also is on doctor prescribed Xanax, but she's found that if she takes the Xanax first, then smokes, she always gets nauseous.

Oh, and that's only the minor things, considering the high blood pressure, hardening arteries, arrhythmia, and numerous other dangers that can be the result of use.
what can we do to give some relief for arteries hardening. my friend went on a 4 day run, no sleep, no food (until we made her eat a biscuit this morning), still cant sleep. she took 2 cephlex for the absess on her arm where her veins are rock hard, plus a few misses (IV user) this is the worst comedown for her ever. how does that effect her arm. will the hardness go away on its own? the entire arm is sore. around the arm that had a miss, not only the bruise is there, there is a redcircle around the bruise. could that be infection? the other arm you can feel how hard the veins are and is very painful. She was shooting ice and coke. her stomach is also really bloated. could that be an issue with her kidneys?
Old 30-06-2013, 20:13
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.
Points: 1,653, Level: 6 Points: 1,653, Level: 6 Points: 1,653, Level: 6
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntj2033 View Post
what can we do to give some relief for arteries hardening.....her stomach is also really bloated. could that be an issue with her kidneys?
There really isn't anything that can be done for hardening of the arteries from shooting (fibrosis). Hardneing of the arteries happens basically three ways. Old age, atherosclerosis (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc..), or fibrosis from direct scar tissue build-up. You can prevent more damage by stopping usage, but there isn't anyway to reverse this damage once it is done.

Stomach bloating isn't a very specific description, but if you are talking about ascites (fluid build-up within the abdomen) that is a very typical manifestation of cirrhosis (end-stage liver disease). If she has any other symptoms, such as jaundice (yellowing of skin or eyes), tremor in her hands, dilated blood vessels on her abdomen, musty smelling breath, increase size/amount of breast tissue (gynecomastia), I would highly recommend that she go get a liver panel done to see what her liver function is like.

If it was an issue with her kidneys (a thing called focal segmental glomerulosclerosis is common among IV-drug users) it would be more likely that she would have fluid build-up in her legs/ankles (edema).

If you have anymore specific questions about this stuff feel free to DM me,
--Dr.Evil
Old 30-06-2013, 22:32

Ntj2033 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

thank you Dr Evil!
Old 01-07-2013, 00:37
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.
Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntj2033 View Post
what can we do to give some relief for arteries hardening. my friend went on a 4 day run, no sleep, no food (until we made her eat a biscuit this morning), still cant sleep. she took 2 cephlex for the absess on her arm where her veins are rock hard, plus a few misses (IV user) this is the worst comedown for her ever. how does that effect her arm. will the hardness go away on its own? the entire arm is sore. around the arm that had a miss, not only the bruise is there, there is a redcircle around the bruise. could that be infection? the other arm you can feel how hard the veins are and is very painful. She was shooting ice and coke. her stomach is also really bloated. could that be an issue with her kidneys?
Honestly I think she needs to see a doctor ASAP to get these issues looked at. She will not get in trouble with the law if she goes. I would hate to see someone not go to the doctor because they are afraid of getting in trouble and I also wouldn't want to risk the possibility of an abscess that could cause limb loss if untreated.

Kidney disease generally manifests itself as edema (water retention), excess urination, lack of appetite, protein in urine (which produces foam in urine, much like soap does when mixed with water) and fatigue.

Bloating can occur with liver problems however if she also uses opioids then bloating is most likely caused by the constipation and clogging of intestines. Get some OTC fiber supplements and drink plenty of water to see if it doesn't go away.

As said, I really hope she sees a doctor because it sounds like she has some health issues that need to be examined by a doctor and not by an Internet forum.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great Advice she should go see a doctor.

Share this on:

Tags
binge, crystal, crystal meth, drug, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, intravenous meth, iv drugs, iv meth, lorazepam, making meth, meth, meth amphetamine, meth pipe, methamphetamine, methamphetamines, parachuting, smoking meth, snorting