Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Cannabinoids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabinoids Cannabinoids & smoking blends.

Old 03-10-2011, 18:32

23 y/o Male from United States
72ogerrabbit should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
How to stop panic attack/increased heart beat?

SWIM has smoked different blends and his own AM-2201 blend. It seems everytime he tries it his heart beats fast and feels it. Also, his memory gets messed up. Will ibeprofen or asprin reduce the heart rate? Some people say to use a beta blocker just incase or something like that. What should SWIM do?
Old 03-10-2011, 18:51
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20
Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5%
Re: How to stop panic attack/increased heart beat?

No. Ibuprofen and asprin will not slow down your heart rate and taking beta-blockers can have their own issues, especially the lowering of blood pressure leading to blackouts.

What do you do when every time you do something it hurts? You stop doing that thing.

Post Quality Evaluations:
simple, and to the point. excellent response!
Old 03-10-2011, 19:04
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from USA - Minnesota
Emin is captain of the psychonauts.Emin is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
What do you do when every time you do something it hurts? You stop doing that thing.
Exactly. If you're absolutely going to continue use, maybe a low dose of a benzo. But if you broke your leg and shot up heroin and were able to walk around with no issues, it would still damage your leg. Get the analogy?
Old 03-10-2011, 20:07
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.
Points: 970, Level: 4 Points: 970, Level: 4 Points: 970, Level: 4
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72ogerrabbit View Post
SWIM has smoked different blends and his own AM-2201 blend. It seems everytime he tries it his heart beats fast and feels it. Also, his memory gets messed up. Will ibeprofen or asprin reduce the heart rate? Some people say to use a beta blocker just incase or something like that. What should SWIM do?
Only thing I have found truly successful is benzodiazepines. Will give some personal experience, so take it as that.

It is also of my personal opinion a lot of the increased heart rate from some cannabinoids is perpetuated by self anxiety/fear reaction. Because sometimes I get heavily intoxicated but am prepared enough for the intoxication that I let it come and don't react too badly and thus my heart rate stays calmer. Also sometimes, taking a good step outside for fresh air and walking for 2 - 5 minutes lowers my heart rate because I relax. Which is ironic because you would think walking would stimulate heart rate. Of course it does, but the level your heart rate reaches when the body thinks it has to react to sudden fear, is much higher than that you would get from a brisk walk.

It's just a number of these events and similar ones that have occurred with me that make me keep drawing the conclusion half the acceleration is due to fear, possibly because you are smoking a research chemical and that plays into your mindset IMO. I think it's ironic that I don't get paranoid at all with cannabinoids as I did at times with marijuana because I don't have the preface of fear of the law. While when I tried smoking some marijuana after months of cannabinoid use, I got high as sh!t and my heart rate went way up. But it went down fast cause there was no fear that comes with using an unresearched chemical and it was just accelerated due to the rush of the high and onset. See what I'm saying how half of this stuff might be your brain reacting to the drug and not 100% the drug fueling your body?

But yes, to wrap it up, if you have access to a benzo they work the best. Honestly I think they sometimes do the trick best because most of their pure therapeutic use is for anxiety, so if acute anxiety is a decent culprit for part of the accelerated heart rate, something that greatly reduces/kills your anxiety can in turn slow your heart down as well. Like my walking would do.

excellent advice, going for a quick walk outside has helped me several times during a panicked state
Old 03-10-2011, 21:52

23 y/o Male from United States
72ogerrabbit should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellisdeee View Post
Only thing I have found truly successful is benzodiazepines. Will give some personal experience, so take it as that.

It is also of my personal opinion a lot of the increased heart rate from some cannabinoids is perpetuated by self anxiety/fear reaction. Because sometimes I get heavily intoxicated but am prepared enough for the intoxication that I let it come and don't react too badly and thus my heart rate stays calmer. Also sometimes, taking a good step outside for fresh air and walking for 2 - 5 minutes lowers my heart rate because I relax. Which is ironic because you would think walking would stimulate heart rate. Of course it does, but the level your heart rate reaches when the body thinks it has to react to sudden fear, is much higher than that you would get from a brisk walk.

It's just a number of these events and similar ones that have occurred with me that make me keep drawing the conclusion half the acceleration is due to fear, possibly because you are smoking a research chemical and that plays into your mindset IMO. I think it's ironic that I don't get paranoid at all with cannabinoids as I did at times with marijuana because I don't have the preface of fear of the law. While when I tried smoking some marijuana after months of cannabinoid use, I got high as sh!t and my heart rate went way up. But it went down fast cause there was no fear that comes with using an unresearched chemical and it was just accelerated due to the rush of the high and onset. See what I'm saying how half of this stuff might be your brain reacting to the drug and not 100% the drug fueling your body?

But yes, to wrap it up, if you have access to a benzo they work the best. Honestly I think they sometimes do the trick best because most of their pure therapeutic use is for anxiety, so if acute anxiety is a decent culprit for part of the accelerated heart rate, something that greatly reduces/kills your anxiety can in turn slow your heart down as well. Like my walking would do.
The thing is SWIM notices his resting BPM is 72, when he smoked last time/had panic attack the peak was around 140-150BPM and it would steadily go down, about an hour later it was at 100BPM, when it is at the peak his refresh rate of time is extremely fast which makes time go by alot slower. He can feel his heart beat like as if something is thumping in his chest, where normally like now It isn't noticable.

When his BPM was that high his eyes were bloodshot and extreme cottom mouth. Today swim tried .02g of his own am-2201 blend which has 1mg of chem, with that amount, and it wasn't at all as intense as the past few times he has tried the other spice blends. Some high but not where SWIM feels his heartbeat, bloodshot eyes and extremely slow perception of time. Maybe this whole time SWIM has been taking too much of the other blend or it has some other chemical in it that SWIM has a bad reaction to. He takes about as much as that blend as his own.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:51

Male from Kazakhstan
Dizmal is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I had to quit drugs in general because of the heart palpitations associated with cannabinoids. I generally would often get a heart race increase when smoking cannas but had the ability to calm myself, tell myself it's all in my head and distract myself from the issue. Recently I've smoked ALOT of herbal incense. But it was banned in my country, luckily I had just received 15g of j-dub(jwh-018) All in all I think I would of smoked around 5g+ of pure off tin foil and 7 grams in my own personal blends(around 140grams incense).

After taking 200mg codeine then smoking the last of my jwh 018 after a 3 day break I had lost so much tolerance.. and had my first panic attack. Every time I smoked any cannabinoid after that I soon after got anxiety and had a panic attacks. It starts with noticing my heart race then it starts to feel like I am going to stop breathing then comes the panic attack.. then moves into my heart skipping a beat stage.

Anyway since I quit I have noticed my lungs and heart getting dull pains and aches.. Wonder, dose JWH-018, specifically smoking copious amounts daily for extended periods of time in PURE form, cause cardiovascular or lung cancer/disease?

Sorry to stray off topic here but this has been worrying my ALOT!?
Old 04-10-2011, 12:58
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 8,976, Level: 13 Points: 8,976, Level: 13 Points: 8,976, Level: 13
Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5%

I would strongly advise against using benzos as an crutch to be able to smoke cannabinoids.
All benzos are highly addictive and as you said you smoke cannabinoids on a regular basis this would become a serious problem, addictionwise, much sooner than you'd dare believe.
For these issues benzos are a no-no.

You describe your pulse frequency. are you sure you counted correctly or was it some other person? People under anxiety-inducing influence of substances tend to count their pulse in an uncorrect way.AND - pulse rate is not everything you should be worried about. The blood pressure is the more important part concerning circulatory issues.
You might want to set up an "overdose" intentionally with a second person present to exactly count your pulse and measure your blood pressure, to make sure what exactly is happening - and if needed -to call for an ambulance...

You said you'd downed your dose and had no experience of anxiety or heart-thumping. This might be the solution to your problem - just don't overdo it.
Honestly, I think you were just taking to much of that cannabinoids and blends, try to start with small doses, you can always re-dose but you can never un-dose.

Stay safe and abstain from taking benzos, this would be fighting satan with beelzebub.

TBBW

Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 04-10-2011 at 13:10. Reason: emphasis
Old 04-10-2011, 22:12
Titanium Member

Female from United Kingdom
mrsolearyscow probably knows what they are talking about.mrsolearyscow probably knows what they are talking about.mrsolearyscow probably knows what they are talking about.mrsolearyscow probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4

Christ, if you have to take another drug to offset the side-effects of the drug you want to enjoy, is it really worth it?

Regarding anxiety, I found this thread helpful: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=160007
Old 17-10-2011, 02:48

32 y/o Male from United States
pallmalllord is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellisdeee View Post

Very well said, and I agree walking helps...

useless oneliner that adds nothing to thread. would be better giving rep than writing a post
Old 26-10-2011, 17:09
Banned

Male from United States
jeremysdemo is heading for the Darwin Award.jeremysdemo is heading for the Darwin Award.

sometimes eating something helps, I would stay away from fatty foods tho as studies have shown they increase potency (or at least the bodies reaction) of cannabiniods.

So something low in fatty acids like bread and ice water (to cool the chest cavity) might work.

Edit* for the guy who asked:

the studies I have read have to do with oral consumption (ever heard of pot brownies?) it has something to do with anamadine levels in the brain, which is why I specified (or at least the bodies reaction) much is unknown about these synthetic cannabinoids, but if the gut reaction of the digestive system and the brain is the same as natural cannabinoids the results should be the same, has to do with the Cb1 receptor antagonist.

would attach a picture of the diagram that goes into detail but the sight won't let me.

Do you have some source for that fatty foods would increase potency of cannabis? Elaborate further, please.

Last edited by jeremysdemo; 30-08-2013 at 04:55.
Old 26-10-2011, 17:37
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 398, Level: 3 Points: 398, Level: 3 Points: 398, Level: 3
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%

Water and something like crackers, bread, cookies, etc... should help a lot. Try to focus on a familiar object nearby for a few seconds. Most of the time you can bring your heartbeat down with just a few tricks. Try to enjoy the high and relax.
Old 28-10-2011, 22:05
Banned

Male from United States
jeremysdemo is heading for the Darwin Award.jeremysdemo is heading for the Darwin Award.

I found laughing helps too, they say it is good medicine.
Old 14-03-2012, 00:23

Female from United States
whodoyouthink? is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

SWIM has that same problem, but she has found a few things that help(sometimes)

Drink cold water, eat some bread, focus onto something, or nothing. Sometimes SWIM focuses on the TV or out the window. Sometimes it works best to stare at the wall, or the floor, just keep the stimulation to a minimum.

SWIM has noticed when people who have also smoked it are talking nonsense, it makes it worse. However, talking to a completely sober & sane person who will assure SWIY that he is okay and nothing is wrong with him will bring the panicky/scared/dying feeling wayy down, or completely eliminate it, at least that's what it does for SWIM.

Share this on:

Tags
am-2201, anxiety, asprin, benzo, benzodiazepine, benzodiazepines, benzos, beta blocker, blood pressure, cannabinoid, intoxication, marijuana, research chemical, synthetic cannabis, synthetic marijuana