Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 02:15

26 y/o Male from United States
BLT2go is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Taking suboxone/subutex early to speed up withdrawal...?

Hi, I've always appreciated info. from forums like this and like to research anything I can before I make certain decisions...Anyways I have searched multiple sources looking for an answer to this question. I am not sure if I am willing to do this myself, but I would like it clarified just for future reference. So SWIM has had a pretty solid H habit for the last 8 months solid, to say the least, and SWIM has also taken Subutex too early and noticed the intense, immediate withdrawl that seems to SLAM oneself, even after they waited like 22 hrs from the last dose...not sure why, every body is different. But to the original question, if SWIM wanted to do a really quick detox would they be able to take Subutex/Suboxone early to anticipate a rough withdrawl, BUT get a lot of the shitty part out of the way, and possibly start getting well sooner? Or would it just give SWIM an extra 24 hours of hell, followed by the rest of the regular symptoms for the next few days to a week? Sry for the long post, and BTW I'm obviously a newbie, glad to be on the forum, I havn't seen this question answered before that I know of...Thx

Post Quality Evaluations:
interesting starter question!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:21

33 y/o Male from United States
PunchThomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: Taking suboxone/subutex early to speed up withdrawal...?

Jabba's chef Porcellus doesn't see why you would put yourself through such hell unnecessarily. He thinks that if you have access to any buprenorphine, take it correctly. Wait until you are in modest w/d's already, however amny hours that takes (wait until your nose is running, your bowels are flushing every half hour, you're starting to feel like dying, etc) and the buprenorphine will take you out of w/d's and get you feeling mostly normal, at least enough to get up and function normally. If you have enough subutex, take another dose the next day, and the day after that. The way it works for him, he can ride the subutex normalcy for several days after that, and will not have any physical addiction to worry about at all moving forward. The mental cravings will still be there, and if you have more subutex, keep taking it once a day or every other day as needed, and you're set. If you don't, at least you know you can be strong and force yourself to do what you need to do.

Porcellus is of the opinion that there is no need to suffer too much at all, and in fact it's a shame there are addicts out there suffering when a miracle drug like subutex and suboxone that could relieve them, if they only had access to it!So he thinks you should tough it out as long as you possibly can before taking your first subutex. A little suffering up front will prevent a lot of suffering in the end.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good solid advice
Old 11-10-2011, 22:49
Silver Member

56 y/o Male from United States
Marmadukemark is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Taking suboxone/subutex early to speed up withdrawal...?

I agree with Punch. Precipitating withdrawals does not necessarily mean shortening them.

Share this on:

Tags
amphetamines, buprenorphine, detox, drugs-forum, heroin, speed, suboxone, suboxone withdrawal, subutex, withdrawal, withdrawals