Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cocaine & Crack
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cocaine & Crack Cocaine & Crack Cocaine

Old 01-10-2011, 15:40

49 y/o Male from United Kingdom
davevision should review received reputation comments.
Why Do UK Crack Smokers Use Cig Ash?

Everyone SWIM see crack smoked in a small pipe (ie. an old inhaler) with foil and cigarette ash, but in the USA you see all the Crack Smokers using a glass tube....Why is this? Which is best? Is it a USA thing and that the the UK smokers are weird? Please advise.
Old 01-10-2011, 16:21
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from England
DiG..IT is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Why Do UK Crack Smokers Use Cig Ash?

That will b becuz most ppl here in good old blitey tend to make a crack pipe out of any old drinks bottle(althow the little food colourin bottles r best, my imaginary friend tells me).. And on top of the bottlr we make a gorze...sp?, out of tin foil the stuff u wrap ur meat up eith for ur sunday roast, anyway then we bodge a few holes in this makeshift gorze eith a needle or thorn, or whareva is available, then we burn 2 holes in bottle 1 will act as a choke hole that will b released when bottle is full of smoke, and the othr hole will b used t inhale thruw, somtimes we mite even put a straw in hole with blutack or even gum sealin the hole,.. Anyway the purpose of the cigie ash is to act as a bit of a barrier so when burnin the crack the foil dont melt or pop, which dose still happen ocaisionly, resultin in hot ash n that burnin fuk out ur mouth, and even sometimes it goes in ur eyes wen the lid pops which aint nice, and u lose ur crack which is even worse..lol, and this may b cuz over hear our crack aint as good or sumat i dnt know, but Anyway thats my understandin on the matter.... HappyDayz....

Post Quality Evaluations:
please use neither txtspk nor slang cuz we r an international forum with many non-native-english speakers which can't comprehend abbreviated crap and so don't understand the (if any) content of ur post. thx. no pts taken bcuz nub
Old 02-10-2011, 19:26
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I don't know about straight-shooters/glass dicks being available in the UK, but I know people in the USA also use 'ash pipes' now & then.

I found I got better results using a 20oz soda bottle as an ash pipe than a straight shooter; then I could get the bottle filled with crack smoke, *then* inhale all the smoke at once.

The ashes are placed on top of the screen because otherwise as soon as the crack warmed up it would melt right into the screen. When it melts into the ash, you have more time for it to actually become vapor as it heats up.

Hope this helps!

~Kailey
Old 03-10-2011, 04:51
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from England
DiG..IT is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1

kailey_eilse.., Yeah that was helpfull i think you explaind it a bit better than me, and a bit simpler aswell....lol.
Old 05-10-2011, 14:37
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

to report neg rep, go to your Control Panel ( < -- click the link to go to your own CP), scroll down the page & at the bottom you'll see the reputation comments you've received. Find the one you disagree with and all the way to the right of it you'll see an exclamation point (!) in a red circle. Click that & you should be able to report it.

Yes, you can also receive neg rep for discussing rep given to you in the thread, so you might wanna mention it in the rep report & see if they'll delete the comment you made.

~Kailey
Old 13-10-2011, 00:24
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Dark Mage is on the way upDark Mage is on the way upDark Mage is on the way up
Points: 487, Level: 3 Points: 487, Level: 3 Points: 487, Level: 3

A few years ago SWIM had a nasty little habit and always preferred using a Can because I just didn't get big enough hits using a stem (glass pipe). The only issue was constantly having ash and since I didn't smoke, I would have to purchase cheap packs of cigarettes, just to burn them for ash (yes, I know its a waste). Luckily half the time I was around someone who smoked.

It was simply preference for me.
Old 25-10-2011, 11:33
Titanium Member

Male from Burma
Aurum is on the way upAurum is on the way upAurum is on the way upAurum is on the way up
Points: 396, Level: 3 Points: 396, Level: 3 Points: 396, Level: 3
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Cigarette ash is used when the smoker is using a can or plastic bottle with foil or an asthma inhaler type pipe, it's used to act as a barrier between the foil/can that the rock would otherwise sit directly on. If not used the rock would melt through the holes faster than it would turn to smoke and thus be wasted, not to mention possibly burning the lips of the smoker. In London this is not the normal way people smoke, far more common is a minature Martell bottle with the bottom popped out and the neck with 5CM or so of Brillo balled up and pushed into it, the rock sits on the Brillo and the hole in the bottom is used for the inhalation of the smoke, it's a far more effective method from what I hear, plus the bottles are easy to collect resin from with a pair of nail scissors or small flat head screwdriver. The ash method also, apparently, results in the rock continuing to smoke once the user has filled their lungs - again wasting product, with the Martell bottle it is rare for this to happen as the inner volume is so much smaller and the distance from rock to mouth much shorter resulting in a longer more uniform rate of inhalation...

Post Quality Evaluations:
would be fine to have a picture of this or a drawing, for it is hard to understand how that martell bottle thingy looks like. nonetheless +5 for the description.
Old 25-10-2011, 13:44
Silver Member

Male from United States
st34lth is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG..IT View Post
.. Anyway the purpose of the cigie ash is to act as a bit of a barrier so when burnin the crack the foil dont melt or pop, which dose still happen ocaisionly, resultin in hot ash n that burnin fuk out ur mouth, and even sometimes it goes in ur eyes wen the lid pops which aint nice, and u lose ur crack which is even worse..lol, and this may b cuz over hear our crack aint as good or sumat i dnt know, but Anyway thats my understandin on the matter.... HappyDayz....
SWIY definitely shouldn't need to heat the crack so intensely that the foil is melting. Cocaine freebase (crack) vaporizes at 194F, whereas the melting point of aluminum is over 1000F. So if SWIY is seeing melted areas in the foil SWIY needs to back off on the flame a little and let the crack actually vaporize instead of just being burned along within all the impurities in it. This could be the reason for the seemingly explosive popping that SWIY are experiencing (though to be honest SWIM was a little confused as to what exactly SWIY meant by, "wen the lid pops").

If it is the crack that is violently popping that it is most likely a combination of adulterants (cuts) and overheating. Trapped air pockets or clumps of some cutting agent within a rock could cause it to pop violently when heated extremely quickly. The trapped material expands or vaporizes quickly as the outer crack shell melts slowly and eventually becomes too thin to contain the internal pressure that has accumulated.

This can result in a variety of pressure equalization modes depending on the exact circumstances. It suffices to say that poor quality crack being rapidly overheated could cause enough of an explosion to blow ash into your eyes.

Moral of the story is to heat SWIY's crack gently at least until it has melted into SWIY's ash, which is what the ash is actually there for in my opinion, not to protect the aluminium from melting.

Also, SWIM has seen the cigarette ash method done many times in the US, though without the foil. Instead the users that SWIM has observed simply use an aluminium soda can to form both the bowl and the chamber/body of the piece. They just push in one side of the can such that it creates somewhat of a bowl-like indentation and poke a few small pinholes in the middle of it or wherever the bowl has its closest point to the center of the can (bottom of the bowl). Then poke a larger carburetor hole in the side of the can at a comfortable position for one of your fingers to reach. This is used to clear the chamber after filling it with vapor. The final step of course is to create a bed of packed down cigarette or other "non-toxic" ash over the holes in the bowl to keep the melted liquid crack from dripping into the chamber before being vaporized. The more crack SWIY is smoking at once, the more ash SWIY will want to use to ensure that it can hold all of the liquid that the rock becomes.

In SWIM's humble opinion, the copper cleaning pad and glass chamber or tube works better. The copper instead of the ash because it won't absorb the crack and potentially combine it with other chemicals that it may encounter in the ash. And the glass instead of plastic or metal because there is no chance of harmful vapors being released no matter how much you torch it with your lighter. Just overall a cleaner purer hit which is always good.

I think the supposed preference towards ash and foil in the UK is probably just due to the availability/cost of materials and the ease of construction/ use/ disposal. SWIM knows that glass stems and the copper cleaning pads are sold at a lot of corner stores/gas stations as well as headshops in the US, not sure how it is in the UK. Often single flowers at a gas station or convenience store will be held in a "mini-vase" which is just a glass tube with a stopper in one end. Simply buy the flower and tube, toss the flower, remove the stopper, and voila, a cheap as dirt glass tube perfect for your needs.

Sorry about the extremely long post, SWIM was a bit intoxicated by the substance of discussion and provided me with this wonderfully excessive, sometimes irrelevant, but hopefully entertaining and informative response to a simple question and requested that I post it for him.

Last edited by st34lth; 25-10-2011 at 13:51. Reason: couple SWIY slip-ups
Old 25-10-2011, 14:43
Titanium Member

22 y/o Female from Earth
Nanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,859, Level: 8 Points: 2,859, Level: 8 Points: 2,859, Level: 8
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

I don't smoke crack. Never have and never will. But I have to deal with the same type of shit when I smoke the resin from my pipe. Ash needs to be placed in the bottom so that when it liquifies it doesn't suck through the hole. Anyways the only reason i'm posting in this thread other then shear boredom is to say that cigarette ash isn't the only thing that can be used for this. I use blunt roach paper and empty papers left around after smoking joints, which work just as good as the ash method. ^Just a suggestion for the dude who said he buys cigs specifically for this reason

I've heard that using aluminum foil and brillo pads can be bad for swiyour health. My friend explained to me that the brillo needs to be 'torched' so most of the 'nasty shit' gets burned off. Anyone else torch their brillo?

Share this on:

Tags
cocaine, crack cocaine, stimulant