Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Alcohol
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Alcohol Alcohol, including absinthe, hard liquor, beer, wine, and other assorted spirits.

Old 30-09-2011, 19:50
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Synesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline Medline
Points: 5,792, Level: 11 Points: 5,792, Level: 11 Points: 5,792, Level: 11
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%
How long do 'Alcohol sweats' last after not drinking?

I keep getting really bad nervous sweats in social situations, and I never used to get them. Only in the last 3 months since I've been drinking nearly daily have I started to get them. Nowadays the only thing that seems to stop me getting sweat on my face is when I am considerably drunk, a mild amount of alcohol doesn't even do it anymore. I wasn't sure if my sweating was alcohol related but since I have pretty much drunk 10-40 units daily the last few months (with a few 3-5 day breaks) I'm starting to realize that they probably are alcohol related. Propranolol has helped a little bit recently but is far from a miracle cure.

So have other people experienced similar sweats the days after they drink too much? If so how long did it take not drinking for them to go away?
Old 04-10-2011, 21:03
Titanium Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Trancel0v3r is captain of the psychonauts.Trancel0v3r is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: How long do 'Alcohol sweats' last after not drinking?

If you drink between 10 and 40 units a day this is quite a lot, infact over 30 units a day is a massive amount. SWIM has had alcohol withdrawal and the sweating you describe is a common withdrawal symptom along with anxiety, nausea (dry heaves) clammy hands, insomnia, getting excitable easily and headache amongst others. If you are regularly drinking over 70/80 and especially over 100 units a week you are probably going to be addicted, the fact that this sweating dissapears when you drink a lot also points addiction (in that without the alcohol you sweat) There are other conditions that make you sweat a lot but SWIM does think its probably dependance, the sweating should go after 4 to 5 days after your last drink but if you drink loads its best to taper down or see a doc for benzos to help with the withdrawal.
Old 04-10-2011, 21:28
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%
Re: How long do 'Alcohol sweats' last after not drinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synesthesiac View Post
Nowadays the only thing that seems to stop me getting sweat on my face is when I am considerably drunk, a mild amount of alcohol doesn't even do it anymore.

So have other people experienced similar sweats the days after they drink too much? If so how long did it take not drinking for them to go away?
You say this happens in social situations, and the only thing that eliminates the sweats is when you are considerably drunk.

Alcohol has been used since the beginning of time, for social gatherings. People, like myself, who are naturally nervous around people I may not know, or I'm usually drunk around (a long time ago), I felt at ease, laughed easily at jokes and felt comfortable around my surroundings. Alcohol is a depressant, thus it gives one the ability to relax more when fairly tipsy.

However, when one or when I in the past was in a social situation and was sober, I would naturally get nervous, thus I would sweat. Also, when detoxing from alcohol a person will sweat, sometimes profusely. I'm not sure what is going on with you, but for me I was sweating because I wanted a drink, but I knew I couldn't. This caused me to stress out and get very nervous. However, like the previous poster said, a couple of days of Librium to help with the shakes by the 7th day, even the worst alcoholics usually have physically detoxed from alcohol. However, the sweating may continue because one gets so used to having a calming agent in social situations, and due to nervousness one may sweat in social situations much longer, until they have become able to socialize sober again. Personally, I believe it is due to the inability to socialize sober. At least for me. IMO.

salgoud

Share this on:

Tags
addiction, alcohol, alcohol addiction, alcohol effects, alcohol side effects, alcoholism, binge drinking, booze, drugs, drunk, liquor, sweating, wiki