Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 28-09-2011, 18:15
Space Numpty Space Numpty is nu online
Palladium Member

43 y/o Male from England
Space Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline Medline
Points: 5,795, Level: 11 Points: 5,795, Level: 11 Points: 5,795, Level: 11
Activity: 31.9% Activity: 31.9% Activity: 31.9%
Kratom and low dose Buprenorphine

I have both read and partaken in threads here asking about Kratoms effectiveness when using Buprenorphine.

I think its a given that Kratoms primary alkaloids, although not in themselves opiates, are blocked by Bupe as they target opioid receptors.

I figure this is relative to the amount of Bupe being taken and i find myself in the position where i can test this.

I am currently taking 2mg Suboxone a day, reduced gradually from 12mg. Being a kratom fan and reading about its effectiveness when it comes to Bupe withdrawal i recently purchased 50g of some of my favorite Kratom strain, Super Sunda (probably the most potent standard leaf strain, but at the opposite end of the alkaloid spectrum to Maeng Da). I weighed out 5g and took it, toss and wash.

Well, the long and short of it is that i DID feel the Kratoms effects. Maybe not as strong as usual but strong enough to give sedation, moderate euphoria but most importantly for me, that feeling of calm and tranquility. This was strong enough to discount any potential placebo effect, infact i'd kinda forgotten i'd taken it when i noticed its effects.

So, in conclusion, i would say that for me at least 2mg of Bupe is not sufficient to completely block the dose of Kratom that i personally use. I would estimate that the Kratom was approx 70% effective.

Post Quality Evaluations:
For personally testing a theory to get a definite answer to another's question
important info, thankyou!!!
exact info I was seeking. clear description
exactly what i was looking for
Useful firsthand experience of this combination.
Old 29-09-2011, 23:00
Silver Member

Male from United States
AddyCrazy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%
Re: Kratom and low dose Buprenorphine

SWIM has not taken his dose of bupe in 48 hours. He usually takes around 2 - 6mg over the course of the day. He just swallowed 8g of Maeng Da so he'll report back and let everyone know how the effects compare.
Old 29-09-2011, 23:47
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
postimmortal is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I can attest that while on low doses of Bupe, the effects of kratom can be felt. I was on a suboxone regimen for about a year, tapering down to below 2 mgs daily. Towards the end there, I was taking kratom to completely eliminate any withdrawal symptoms, and it worked nicely.

Now I have just switched one substance for another, but i'm happy with it. I got very strong euphoria, and the calm and tranquility the OP mentioned in the first post. Maybe it's due to the low dose of bupe, or MAYBE.. Maybe the alkaloids in kratom act differently than traditional opiates. That's just one theory i've had. Probably wrong, but who knows, ya know?

Take care.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:00
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
topher is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by postimmortal View Post
I can attest that while on low doses of Bupe, the effects of kratom can be felt. I was on a suboxone regimen for about a year, tapering down to below 2 mgs daily. Towards the end there, I was taking kratom to completely eliminate any withdrawal symptoms, and it worked nicely.

Now I have just switched one substance for another, but i'm happy with it. I got very strong euphoria, and the calm and tranquility the OP mentioned in the first post. Maybe it's due to the low dose of bupe, or MAYBE.. Maybe the alkaloids in kratom act differently than traditional opiates. That's just one theory i've had. Probably wrong, but who knows, ya know?

Take care.
One shouldn't fret on this "trading one addiction for another" thing. Yes, kratom is mildly addictive, but very managable. Kratom is MUCH easier to control than any pharms used for OMT.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:53
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
postimmortal is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2

Not fretting, so much. Just, i'm aware that I did indeed trade substances to maintain on. And i'm okay with that. Kratom just.. feels better to me. More natural, you know? It's better than me making big pharma richer.
Old 30-11-2011, 22:29

Male from United States
Bluerockie30 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1

Hi i am currently taking 16mg a day of suboxone i took 8mg just now and want to know how long should i wait to smoke some kratom for it too work 100% on my opiod receptors and also how long should i wait after i smoke the kratom to take my suboxone again thanks for any replies
Old 30-11-2011, 23:08
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 348, Level: 2 Points: 348, Level: 2 Points: 348, Level: 2

^ Have you smoked Kratom before? Just wondering as most users do not get any effects from smoking Kratom. If this is your first trial with smoking Kratom, I think you will be disappointed.
Old 01-12-2011, 00:16

Male from United States

Yes it is my first time how many times do i gotta do it to like it and how long after my suboxone should i smoke it?
Old 01-12-2011, 00:20
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,555, Level: 20 Points: 19,555, Level: 20 Points: 19,555, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerockie30 View Post
Yes it is my first time how many times do i gotta do it to like it and how long after my suboxone should i smoke it?
Please do a little research on kratom if you wish to try it.
You dont smoke it.
Old 01-12-2011, 00:41

Male from United States

I did do reseach you can make it into tea eat it or smoke it i got the dryed out buds of white lotus and read you smoke that kind how am i suppose to use the buds there pretty big buds so how else should i use it and how long after my suboxone please let me know how long
Old 01-12-2011, 10:53
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,555, Level: 20 Points: 19,555, Level: 20 Points: 19,555, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerockie30 View Post
I did do reseach you can make it into tea eat it or smoke it i got the dryed out buds of white lotus and read you smoke that kind how am i suppose to use the buds there pretty big buds so how else should i use it and how long after my suboxone please let me know how long
Smoking Kratom will not produce any effects. At best you will get placebo effects. I have been using Kratom for 6 or 7 years, i have tried pretty much every type available, none can be smoked to produce effects.

Make a tea or eat it.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:39
Palladium Member

43 y/o Male from England
Space Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline Medline

Can we keep the thread on topic please, this is about combining Buprenorphine and kratom, not smoking it. Its certainly not a post about white lotus either.

And yes, Ianzombie is absolutely right. Infact if you need to know pretty much anything about kratom, Ianzombies your man. Kratom can be smoked, but you would be lucky to feel any effect and would have to smoke a shitload so its really not worth it.

Anyhoo, i think we can conclude that low dose Bupe, at least, does not block Kratom, or at least not fully.

Thanks for bringing the thread back on topic
Old 03-01-2012, 23:17

22 y/o Male from United States
FPU4eva should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

thanks for the info just ordered 4 ounces and take a mg of sub a day

You are here long enough to know how to leave reputation instead of an unnecessary one liner.
Old 27-04-2012, 09:58
Silver Member

Male from Poland
magister is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Funny when BD was on 2mg of sub he would sometimes run low on his weekly script. He had some spare kratom around but it would only help him a bit more feel normal if he was feeling a bit of WD if it was up to the 36 hour mark. Past that going into 48 hours after last subutex, then one would usually start to feel the more euphoric effect of kratom, but the effects will increase as you get to 72+ hour mark. Basically Kratom will help patch any WD from other opiates including a WD from subutex, but subs take a long time to get out of the receptor sites and are very sticky.

However Kratom addiction is possible, BD used Kratom only 1-2 times a day, usually late afternoon and in the evening. Helped reduce stress and let him sleep, cope with boring daily routine of modern life in big city. When he ran out it would be like 1st night pretty bad, with not much sleep, he would often have some sort of strong liqueur and get a bit drunk. The hangover the next day would make things worse. The next 2-4 days things were manageable but still not great sleep, just short catnaps. This went on for a few years, and he had to do this WD every time a package was late or he had a trip or something. But then BD started using in the morning as well and was taking Kratom up to 4 times a day, when the Kratom package was late he would get massive panic/anxiety and sense of staring into the abyss. Kratom habit was starting to become quite costly, even thou he had found the best sources at the best price. There is alot of crap kratom as well as some stuff which works really well. There is some which will make you feel more fuzzy but high, then the real clean euphoric stuff, and stuff which basically does nothing. The worst is when your shit turns green from all the Toss & Wash. BD really had to shop around and try lots of different suppliers to fine the best stuff. The cheapest way is to go direct to indonesia/malaysia, you can find these suppliers on import/export sites, but harder to find quality with these guys, but they should send you samples.

Anyway eventually it got so bad, BD had to go to a clinic and was given 8mg of subutex. So of course some will say Kratom is less addictive than subutex, etc. However subutex last much longer and it is not about getting high, it is more about feeling normal and getting by. Over 2 years he is down to 0.8mg subutex, but still if he goes over 24 hours without it he feel funny, alot is due to his anxiety about the onset of WDs, an experience he has become way way way too familiar with due to late parcels/required travel where did didn't want to tote a bag of green leaf, etc etc. If you don't know what to expect it is ok.

Maybe in other countries health systems it is cheaper to just buy kratom on the web than to get a doctor to subscribe a suboxone or subutex script, but where BD lives it now cost about 200 USD a year, which is alot better than the $10k his Kratom habit was costing him at the peak of his addiction. He would go thru about 2 kilos every 6 weeks....it was madness truely.
Old 27-04-2012, 19:14

Male from Canada
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magister View Post
Funny when BD was on 2mg of sub he would sometimes run low on his weekly script. He had some spare kratom around but it would only help him a bit more feel normal if he was feeling a bit of WD if it was up to the 36 hour mark. Past that going into 48 hours after last subutex, then one would usually start to feel the more euphoric effect of kratom, but the effects will increase as you get to 72+ hour mark. Basically Kratom will help patch any WD from other opiates including a WD from subutex, but subs take a long time to get out of the receptor sites and are very sticky.

However Kratom addiction is possible, BD used Kratom only 1-2 times a day, usually late afternoon and in the evening. Helped reduce stress and let him sleep, cope with boring daily routine of modern life in big city. When he ran out it would be like 1st night pretty bad, with not much sleep, he would often have some sort of strong liqueur and get a bit drunk. The hangover the next day would make things worse. The next 2-4 days things were manageable but still not great sleep, just short catnaps. This went on for a few years, and he had to do this WD every time a package was late or he had a trip or something. But then BD started using in the morning as well and was taking Kratom up to 4 times a day, when the Kratom package was late he would get massive panic/anxiety and sense of staring into the abyss. Kratom habit was starting to become quite costly, even thou he had found the best sources at the best price. There is alot of crap kratom as well as some stuff which works really well. There is some which will make you feel more fuzzy but high, then the real clean euphoric stuff, and stuff which basically does nothing. The worst is when your shit turns green from all the Toss & Wash. BD really had to shop around and try lots of different suppliers to fine the best stuff. The cheapest way is to go direct to indonesia/malaysia, you can find these suppliers on import/export sites, but harder to find quality with these guys, but they should send you samples.

Anyway eventually it got so bad, BD had to go to a clinic and was given 8mg of subutex. So of course some will say Kratom is less addictive than subutex, etc. However subutex last much longer and it is not about getting high, it is more about feeling normal and getting by. Over 2 years he is down to 0.8mg subutex, but still if he goes over 24 hours without it he feel funny, alot is due to his anxiety about the onset of WDs, an experience he has become way way way too familiar with due to late parcels/required travel where did didn't want to tote a bag of green leaf, etc etc. If you don't know what to expect it is ok.

Maybe in other countries health systems it is cheaper to just buy kratom on the web than to get a doctor to subscribe a suboxone or subutex script, but where BD lives it now cost about 200 USD a year, which is alot better than the $10k his Kratom habit was costing him at the peak of his addiction. He would go thru about 2 kilos every 6 weeks....it was madness truely.

That's a shame that you are on subutex now over kratom. Kratom is so much easier to control and manage a life with, buprenorphine is a killer. What it did to my step-sister was frightening. You shouldn't allow greedy doctors to feed you their poisons so they get richer. *sigh*

Good luck, friend.

EDIT: Oh, and I remember reading a good comparison on the internet once. Giving someone bupe for kratom addiction is like giving someone cocaine for a coffee addiction. It's backwards.

Do Not Quote An Entire Post
Old 13-05-2012, 17:07

Male from United States
BBird48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

So SWIM has kicked H for over three months now but used low dose 2mg Suboxone to do so. When supplies of the suboxone ran low SWIM began trying to taper by breaking the pills into lower doses eventually .5mg .25mg every few days or so. SWIM noticed the withdrawals were not really going for it though, SWIM is prescribed Klonopin and Adderall so SWIM gets through work days without anyone really noticing but yesterday the fatigue got nearly unbearable. SWIM read this thread and tried 4 large capsules SWIM filled with Sumatra Gold and UEI (2grams) about 3 hours after taking about .17mg of suboxone via intranasal administration. Also SWIM has a tincture of supposedly high concentrated 7-Hydroxymitragynine. SWIM is at +2.5 hours since administering the Kratom and is having no signs of precipitated withdrawal. Also SWIM is feeling noticeably better. Not wild euphoria but SWIM is definitely feeling better then SWIM has for awhile. The tincture like most has alcohol in it but the amount consumed was very small so much less than a beer's worth also SWIM has not yet taken SWIM's klonopin or adderall for the day so the effects are not being manipulated by these unless you count the residual klonopin in SWIM's system from yesterday about 24 hours ago which is within the half life of the drug but for someone as tolerant as SWIM the effects are far from noticeable with that kind of time between. So maybe this can help someone who was afraid of the PW that might occur from the combo of low dose suboxone and kratom.
Old 24-02-2013, 04:32
Silver Member

Male from Canada
stargazer24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Ive weaned down to around 1mg of suboxone and want to use kratom to help come off, as the wdrawals
I had last time were insanse. I was hoping to take it for maybe 2-3 days at 1mg or just stop suboxone and then start taking it. And then take it for no more than 2 weeks to get through the worst of the withdrawal. I have a bit of clonidine, clonazapem, and trazodone, to also help, so this won't be my only thing but definitely a core aspect of my protocol. I heard that taking a low dose painkiller or kratom during suboxone withdrawal can really help with the crawling skin, which is the worst part for me. It's good to hear all this info on here and to know that it helps. I don't like the idea of combining clonidine, clonazepem, kratom and loperamide. I might have to go with kratom in the day and clonidine at night, and skip the loperamide if I'm using kratom as they are both working on opiate receptors (although for most people for who loperamide doesn't cross the BBB, apparently loperamide hits the gut receptors and not the brain like kratom).
Any thoughts from people with experience with these combos? Cheers.
Old 05-03-2013, 14:53
Silver Member

Male from United States
Brill is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Jethro has various spinal ailments and so is on a bupe pain patch, 10mcg/hr. He took a kratom capsule that was one of two, complimentary added to an order of ethnobotanicals, to see how that would go-- thinking it was a green tea type of thing.

Well, he did not feel good, headache, kind of grumpy: there was some hint of pleasantness, but it was more like having a hangover. He read up on kratom to understand more what it was, he had been foolish: yes he saw it was very likely blocked by the regular dose of bupe that he was on.

A month or so later, there was a bit of a mix up, and he ran out of his pain patches. Oh no! He recalls that things were starting to get very uncomfortable. Then he remembered the other kratom capsule.

This helped him get through, very well, until he could get more pain patches.

Some things Jethro learned (because he's not Brilliant like Brill, or many of you) that when you are on a constant dose of something that might make others high but just makes you able to function, you forget about it, but when it is unavailable you miss it a great deal.

In this case, that extra bit of freebie Kratom was a godsend.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:04
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from United States
Doctor Rockzo! is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

Just curious here, im intrested in this, but not in he same way you all are...
Could I use bupe recreationally(I have no tolerance, 15mg-25mg hydrocodone recreational) and kratom together? I love how long Bupe last and how its so joyous, and how tranquil and serene kratom is. Could say....a mid range dose of each be taken?
Old 11-03-2013, 20:11
Palladium Member

43 y/o Male from England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Rockzo! View Post
Just curious here, im intrested in this, but not in he same way you all are...
Could I use bupe recreationally(I have no tolerance, 15mg-25mg hydrocodone recreational) and kratom together? I love how long Bupe last and how its so joyous, and how tranquil and serene kratom is. Could say....a mid range dose of each be taken?
Depends on what you mean by a mid-range dose tbh. I would say 2mg Bupe shouldn't significantly block the kratom.
Old 20-03-2013, 19:56

26 y/o Male from United States
cheevathedestroyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I ordered oz of Bali Kratom last night and failed to do research as I sub-lingually ingest about 3 mg of bupre a day. I realized my precious bupre may have some effect but after reading this feels confident and will report on my experience as I indulge.

So thank you Space Numbty and all you bupre and kratom guys and gals.

Thanks are nice, but leaving rep shows real gratitude. :)

Share this on:

Tags
7-hydroxymitragynine, buprenorphine, buprenorphine and kratom, buprenorphine combinations, drug combinations, kratom, kratom and buprenorphine, kratom and suboxone, kratom and subutex, kratom combinations, mitragyna speciosa, mitragynine, opiates, smoking kratom, suboxone, suboxone and kratom, suboxone combinations, subutex, subutex and kratom, subutex combinations, withdrawal