Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 28-09-2011, 02:06
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%
Kratom over hydrocodone, are you serious?

Since I was injured in May of last year, I had been taking norcos (hydrocodone 10mg/ 325 acetaminophen). Then after coming to this site I have heard of Kratom. I got some because when I would run out of norcos I only had tramadol to help me with withdrawals. The tramadol at first wasn't so bad, then it started where I would take it the first day I stopped taking the norcos and it would cause me to want to sleep all day (sometimes no biggie) but then it got to where it would cause me to feel REAL weird. I didn't like the way the tramadol made me feel, and I had purchased Kratom.

After trying kratom I found it did miracles for when I would run out of norcos. I went a nice while just having the kratom and noticed it did a number of good things. For one, I was "regular", this was NEVER the case when taking norcos. The second thing, I am hungry A LOT, which for me is a great thing. The third and most important is I was happy, and even when the "effects" of the kratom would wear off (which did happen sooner and sooner the more I would take it) I still didn't feel all that bad and was not in a nasty mood in any way really. I don't like the feel of touch regardless of what substance withdrawals, and I get chills, but with kratom, even after three weeks, I would go 12 hours and not feel that bad at all.

Today I broke because of pain and got norcos. I noticed..........I really don't like them anymore. I guess since they still take care of the pain they do their job, but when I look at all the negative side effects......it just don't seem worth it.

I never thought I would think this, let alone say it, but I like kratom more than hydrocodone........and kratom don't even give me an opiate buzz that I know of.

Post Quality Evaluations:
great story and very responsible. thanks for sharing :)
Old 28-09-2011, 02:31
Palladium Member

56 y/o Male from United States
Balzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline Medline
Points: 7,022, Level: 12 Points: 7,022, Level: 12 Points: 7,022, Level: 12
Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7%
Re: Kratom over hydrocodone, are you serious?

Good for you Tired-Guy! I've been off the opiates for about a year and a half now and am still quite happy with my kratom. The odd thing is, tapering down on kratom is a lot easier than doing the same with opiates.
I would make a real effort to stop the kratom too, but I'm getting old and still have to work my ass off, so I like the fact that I can function better by taking it. Not nearly as much pain in the old joints, etc..
Old 28-09-2011, 02:36
Titanium Member

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

That is a great story thank you for sharing it

It's refreshing, AFOAF thinks, to see someone writing a comparison and not just knocking the weaker substance. If kratom works for you it works for you, and probably with much less side effects.

AFOAF has a dihydrocodiene habit at 320mg daily and has often wondered about kratom, she will probably give it a try sometime as she has heard good stories.

Worth mentioning though that a lot of experienced kratom users say it is addictive so caution should definitely be practiced stay safe

Good harm reduction by mentioning possible addiction risk with kratom.
Old 02-10-2011, 23:05
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
wizardman needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Swim would say that maeng da ultra enhanced extract is just as powerful as hydrocodone in terms of pain relief. He has been using it and it completely numbs him out for a good 6 hours and all it takes is 200-250mg (swim weighs 180 lbs.). It's extremely powerful stuff and the buzz is phenominal as well a nice floatly feeling, mild closed eye visuals, and relaxation. Yes it is an extract and tolerance will go up fast but using it once in a while is great. Swim highly recommends it.

Good information about kratom
Old 04-10-2011, 01:04

Female from United States
Larissa is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

AFOAF has had the same experience with Kratom over Norco (hydrocodone+tylenol). No opiate buzz; more energy, feeling happier, calmer...and not such a gorilla on her back as she had with Norco. It was like a miracle for her. An honest-to-goodness miracle. She is sure that it probably isn't that great for everyone, but she's been told by her doc that agonists (such as Kratom) vs antagonists (such as Norco) sometimes work better for women. Not always. But frequently. Having an option for getting off hydrocodone without suffering so miserably has been like Mt. Adams being removed from her back. She says that every month she would almost panic if she began to get low on Norcos...but now she doesn't have ANY withdrawal symptoms if she does run out. She feels better (not high at ALL, seriously) but just calm and relaxed, at peace and pain-free (almost) and Norco never did all that for her. Thanks for the info and for sharing. My friend here tells me that you basically had the identical experience that she did.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:09
Titanium Member

29 y/o Female from USA - Oregon
GeographyGeography is on the way upGeographyGeography is on the way upGeographyGeography is on the way up
Points: 437, Level: 3 Points: 437, Level: 3 Points: 437, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I think it's important not to insist that one drug is 'better' than the other, since each person's biochemistry is different and so therefore a drug's effects are just as variable. This is precisely what makes the interaction of molecule and human engine so damn fascinating, and yet I think my experiences with hydrocodone have been slightly 'superior' to most of my experiences with kratom at this point, but in a way that is difficult to put my finger on.

I only started using kratom relatively recently and only really use about 6.5g at a time still, but have had many experiences with different types of kratom. Hydrocodone is more stoning for me. With hydrocodone all I can really do is lay on my bed watching a movie, getting nauseous if I move. I have very nearly gotten sick from kratom too, but I couldn't tell if it was from too high of a kratom dose, or just having taken it the same day as phenibut which can also induce nausea.

It feels great don't get me wrong, but with kratom I do not get as strong of effects and so can enjoy moving around a little bit more. The nod is more euphoric on hydrocodone IMO, but kratom is euphoric in a more subtle way I think, though again not as debilitatingly as hydrocodone. They each really have their benefits and drawbacks.

Hydrocodone is so easy to take because of the pill form, and is strength regulated unlike kratom. However it is also illegal to have if you are not prescribed it, unlike kratom. Kratom also can be more difficult to consume IMO. You'll very likely be consuming way more mass of kratom for about the same high you'd get with less hydrocodone (Gelcaps, loose poowder, leaves, volume of tea)

Kratom feels like it has better karma for me, simply because you are consuming a plant instead of an isolated drug, and supporting other countries in many cases instead of massively rich pharma companies here in the US.

Last edited by GeographyGeography; 13-11-2012 at 01:11.
Old 17-10-2011, 18:45
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
DjJewBeats is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1

Have found kratom withdrawals to be rather unpleasant. Depends on the state of mind, whether a taper was done or not, and the levels of consumption before either running out or taking a break. Usually deciding to take a break isn't so bad because it is a decision, where as running out happens to you - the psychological differences there can make the withdrawals seem, or even be, way worse.

The wd's are different though, and they are easier to prevent with a taper down. It seemed almost impossible to taper on prescription pills, where as with kratom all it takes is a little self talk.

Glad to hear people like kratom too, and that it works for people and similar ways. Thanks for sharing the story/stories.
Old 17-10-2011, 20:04
Titanium Member

54 y/o Female from United States
ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3

My rattie girl actually prefers kratom to hydros too. Which kind of weirded her out.

Recently she hurt her back and side and was prescribed hydros (which amazed her since they know she is an ex opie addict) and she took them for several days and although they helped with the pain and were kind of fun, she could not sleep on them at all!!!

And she agrees they gave her constipation much worse than kratom which does not!

Also her tolerance to the hydros grew SUPER fast and she was out of them very quickly and unable to get more... grrr and then back to the kratom and she was like wow! I can sleep, poop, and feel fine!

Interesting... she just has regular crushed leaf that she makes tea out of and not even very strong tea! She also decided recently that she prefers kratom to pods!!!
Old 18-10-2011, 03:58

43 y/o Male from Northern Mariana Islands
Herbsat40 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1

Good for you, sounds like Kratom has done for you, what it is doing for me. But in a different way. I am talking about using Kratom to quit drinking, I am down 90 percent on drinking, Kratom tea is how I do it, sometimes extract, but I find making the tea in a slightly enhanced way, eliminates my need for alcohol.

You know I find Kratom to be a gift from the heavens.
Old 06-11-2011, 18:27
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbsat40 View Post
Good for you, sounds like Kratom has done for you, what it is doing for me. But in a different way. I am talking about using Kratom to quit drinking, I am down 90 percent on drinking, Kratom tea is how I do it, sometimes extract, but I find making the tea in a slightly enhanced way, eliminates my need for alcohol.

You know I find Kratom to be a gift from the heavens.
Considering this stuff (kratom) puts me in a very good mood, highly limits my bi-polar, keeps me really hungry, keeps me sexually hungry, keeps me regular, and helps me with my ADHD, I agree, it's a gift from the heavens.

Congratulations on cutting down on the drinking by the way, GREAT JOB
Old 12-11-2011, 04:02
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from United States
drumlord420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Glad it works for you...I have sever/chronic back pain (pinched nerves and spasms) and take lots of Oxycodone and occasional Fentanyl to reduce the horrid pain...I've taken Kratom on several occasions and couldn't possibly imagine it taking the place of my current regimen...It never did anything for me really, in both raw and processed form...Wish it helped me...

Congrats,

drumlord420
Old 23-11-2011, 06:00
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from USA - Florida
Eyeless105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1

This might be off topic but I noticed a few posters mentioning Kratom as a good way to relieve WD's until they can get a hold of their DOC. I've just recently discovered a way cheaper alternative just in case somebody was to want immediate relief instead of having to wait for their Kratom to come in the mail.

Surprisingly all it took was a decent dose of Loperamide (Imodium) and my WD symptoms completely dissapeared. I've always heard people mentioning it but I never really took it seriously until I found myself out of Kratom on a weekend. That means I would of had to wait until Monday to even place my order, and then wait until Tuesday before it would arrive. For the days I had to wait I took 45 mgs of Loperamide in the morning along with 600 mgs of Cimetidine (Tagament) and I had virtually no WD symptoms at all for the entire day. If anyone is concerned about taking that much Loperamide you can always take a stool softener along with it, but seeing as how you would normally have the runs it seems to even out. I've also read that if you take Cimetidine (Tagament) or Ranitidine (Zantac) it's possible to allow the Loperamide to cross the blood brain barrier and actually give you an opiate buzz. Personally I didn't notice any opiate like effects from the Loperamide but it without a doubt relieved me of my WD. The best part is that when I got my Kratom in the mail on Tuesday, the Loperamide that I was taking didn't seem to effect my opiate tolerance! When I took my Kratom it felt like I had obstained from opiates for the whole weekend. Now if I notice my Kratom tolerance is getting out of hand I can just switch to taking Loperamide for a few days and not have any WD symptoms at all!

I've read posts online with people having a similar experience but I can only speak for myself in saying that this definitely worked for me. I just wanted to share and I hope this helps somebody.
Old 23-11-2011, 08:29
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11

^^ its best to link to the thread where this has already been posted so that people can read both the positive and negative experiences others have had with loperamide:
Aborted all Opiate Withdrawal - Loperamide
This avoids the original topic of this thread getting derailed
Old 23-11-2011, 16:22
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from USA - Florida
Eyeless105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1

Good suggestion. I tend to get a little of topic whenever I operate my keyboard under the influence. lol

Eyeless105 added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

*off topic. See what I mean

Last edited by Eyeless105; 23-11-2011 at 16:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23-11-2011, 16:56
Silver Member

72 y/o Male from USA - California
veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.
Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5

swim does same tabs as the OP, the 10/325 hydrocodone/acetaminophen. unfortunately, he is rx'ed 40mg a day and often does 80mg. when he runs out, he is hating it..no 'withdrawl' so-to-speak, except irritability and bowel irregularity
he tried a pk of kratom once, made a drink and was PISSED OFF. nuthin
upon the advice of balzafire(i love you, brother) swim swung by a headshop that carries only 'supplements' and herbs. swim did a 6pack of capsules(ice, or black ice was the brand name) approx 5 days beefore the rx was due to renew.
whoa. swim wasnt super high, but he had walked for a while and was not at all stoned when he took them and smashed a cup of coffee.
MUCH PAIN RELIEF. similar to taking 6 tabs(10mg) of the hydrocodone, just not a lot of a buzz, but some for sure
swim is now going to see if he can get lots, cheap, and how much tolerance develops, he really wants to take only naturals for pain relief, and he may have found a way...wonder if it can bee grown in a greenhouse in norcal??? hmmmm
Old 26-02-2012, 04:54

Male from United States
Ralliart420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1

Swim completely agrees. First to really get a high off hydros swim would take 20 to 45mgs depending on how high swim would want to get. Swim prefers oxycodone a little more than kratom bc 1 30mg tab over an hour or so has him nodding and feeling great (especially with swims xanax) and you don't have to take time to make tea (the best rush imo). But oxys without a script are crazy expensive, which I guess is kind of good cause swim knows he could get addicted easily and has withdrawn from it and it really sucks. So swim loves kratom bc its like oxys to him but with more stimulation, which is why he likes oxys a little better. But kratom is so cheap that its what he prefers too.

Share this on:

Tags
7-hydroxymitragynine, acetaminophen, analgesic, hydrocodone, kratom, kratom for opiate withdrawal, loperamide, mitragyna speciosa, mitragynine, mitraphylline, norcos, opiate, opiates, pain relief, taper, tolerance, tramadol, withdrawals