Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 25-09-2011, 15:53

44 y/o Male from United States
betterlivinthruchems is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Does Adderall Make Urinating A Painful Experience While On It?

I was asked by a friend if I knew anything about adderall. I told him all I knew was it was for people who had ADD or ADHD and my son takes it for school due to his ADD. He told me he had started to take it on occasion to help get things done when he was over whelmed and didn't have the energy. He said it was great but had a problem urinating a couple of hours after taking it and after the initial painful episode it would subside with each new trip to the bathroom. I told him we had never had that problem with my son but i would search around for an answer for him. Any help from anyone with info on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Old 25-09-2011, 17:26
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%
Re: Does Adderall Make Urinating A Painful Experience While On It?

I don't know the technical answer. What I do know is that different substances can affect people differently. What might make my side hurt could not make your side (I know we are talking about your friend) hurt. If he is having problems with pain during urination (sounds like passing kidney stones to me) while taking adderall it could be just the way the medication affects him, or it could be because he is dehydrated. Adderall being an amphetamine can dehydrate a person and cause some people to not really care or think about drinking water.

Kidney stones are painful, you can let him know to look it up, it's what this sounds like. From personal experience I can tell you that the substance (related to meth) can cause kidney problems and passing kidney stones is the worst pain I have ever been in.......and I have been in a lot.

There's my two cents, with it and 48 cents, I can buy a 50 cent cup of coffee. Hope it helps.
Old 25-09-2011, 20:53
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Taking amphetamines can make it harder to pee; sometimes if you haven't peed for a while & then need to go (but are having a hard time because speed causes urinary retention), having to force it out can be sort of "hurty". I don't think I'd go so far as to say "painful", though.

If it's crazy-super-bad-painful, your buddy should get checked out. If it's just difficult, and only when he's on stimulants, it's probably just an effect of the urinary retention.

~Kailey
Old 26-09-2011, 01:28

44 y/o Male from United States
betterlivinthruchems is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1

Thanks all, and yes, Kidney stones are the closest a man will ever come to giving birth. I have had a few, the first i thought i was going to die, but as for the Pee problem my friend was asking i thought the same thing, those kind of stimulants cause certain side effects depending on the individual and what they have taken on top of the adderall. Thanks to both of you who replied but his best bet I think is to ask his doctor. (SHUTTER) KidneyStones....I hope to never go thru that again.
Old 26-09-2011, 09:03

Male from USA - Illinois
RX420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

a friend of mind has much trouble going. More because he doesnt seem to have to go for 12 hours while on adderall..lots of water intake helps, but for sure adderall doesn something with the prob.
Old 27-09-2011, 20:52
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
The Stoneman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

A friend of mine always has trouble urinating during adderall intake and even up to the day afterwards. As stated water can help a lot.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:31

23 y/o Male from United States
billycokenose is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1

Swim took Adderall and when he was peeing it took awhile to dribble out but was by no means painful it just took a loooong time.
Old 13-10-2011, 10:02

Male from United States
Garuccio is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1

It has never hurt me while i was peeing, but sometimes when i get dehydrated i feel like shit. Painful peeing can surely be a side effect from that. Make sure he stays hydrated and eats a healthy diet. Those things should help him and maybe take a multi vitamin everyday just to make sure he is getting all the vitamins & minerals he needs.

Garuccio added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

for me, i don't pee very often on adderall because i don't drink enough. If i drink more i usually pee more often and have no problems going because there's plenty of fluids in me trying to get out. Maybe it hurts because there's not enough? Im no doctor but im just giving you my opinion and i hope it helps.

Last edited by Garuccio; 13-10-2011 at 10:02. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19-10-2011, 22:35
Silver Member

Male from United States
death&decay is a decent psychonaut.death&decay is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 201, Level: 2 Points: 201, Level: 2 Points: 201, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Hey guys, I came across this thread and thought I would try and explain a little. As you guys probably already know, adderall is a vasconstrictor which basically means less blood flow, and unfortunately for us guys a smaller penis when not erect. Now, this is guess work here, but I believe the reason urination can be painful is related to these facts... So, its not likely a serious problem, just related to the fact that adderall dehydrates you and constricts the penis. So, when you go pee with a small shriveled penis and you haven't urinated in quite a few hours because your dehydrated you will likely encounter a small bit of pain when urinating... A better word for it would be pressure, I believe the pressure is what causes the direct pain.

My friend Swim has this same exact problem. He's for sure not passing a kidney stone and there are no STD's... It is directly related to his use of amphetamines. It happens every single time he uses adderall and only then... At first it freaked him out because he had no idea why it would hurt like that... When a man feels pain in his groin, even slight pain, it is really scary... lol If Swiy was by chance having issues with kidney stones Swiy would definitely know because the pain is so intense you think you're dying or you know you need urgent medical help... There is no consideration about "oh I might be sick, but hmm maybe not" it would be a definite sure fire no second thoughts sort of thing. Swim hasn't personally passed a kidney (hopefully never will) but from the people he has talked to said it is unmistakable pain.

Anyways, Swims solution to this problem is when he goes to urinate he slowly lets it out... Rather than just releasing his bladder like he would normally do at full speed, he cuts it back substantially at release to a speed and pressure that does not cause discomfort. Swim's recommendation would be to try this and see if it helps.

If this does not help there is still significant pain involved Swim would then suggest talking to your doc and letting them know what's going on...

Hope this helps
Old 20-10-2011, 02:33
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.
Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4

Amphetamines can cause a condition known as ischuria, or urinary retention. The condition presents with painful urination, hesitancy to begin urinating, slow or interrupted flow of urine, and/or inability to fully empty the bladder. Ischuria is a major complication of benign prostatic hyperplasia, also known simply as an enlarged prostate. As the prostate becomes enlarged, excessive pressure on the urethra causes it to constrict, which impedes the flow of urine and results in the symptoms mentioned above. Ischuria is only temporary when it's caused by a drug instead of an organic condition (like BPH).

I'm not sure if amphetamines cause ischuria by enlarging the prostate temporarily or through another mechanism. Personally, I've always believed it to be a result of the action of amphetamine on norepinephrine that causes the urinary symptoms. The pharmacological actions of amphetamine, as many of you know, involve the release of the catecholamines dopamine and norepinephrine from storage vesicles; they are forced into the synaptic cleft where they float across the space to receptors located at the other side. After they fit into these receptors, they are sucked back up into the axon terminal (the end of a nerve where the storage vesicles are located). Usually, a small amount of neurotransmitter is released and is quickly sucked up by the re-uptake pump. When an excessive amount of neurotransmitter is released, the receptors are bombarded which results in over-stimulation and thus a more pronounced effect. Amphetamine also reverses the re-uptake pump so that the neurotransmitters are forced to remain in the synapse. Such a massive release of neurotransmitters and the prolonged stimulation of their receptors results in the subjective effects of amphetamine. Since the neurotransmitter norepinephrine can cause the muscles to become very tense and rigid, there's a chance that the excessive tension prevents the components of the urinary tract from relaxing. I imagine it as something similar to clenching your rear-end very tightly. The components of the urinary tract are clenched as a result of excessive norepinephrine, and urination becomes difficult, even painful. I hope that made sense.

A final note regarding amphetamine and urination: there's an increase in the amount of urine produced, which is why dehydration usually occurs. I'm not sure exactly why amphetamine causes such profound increase in the amount of urine that ends up in the bladder, but it certainly is noticeable. Often, a person will have a massive amount of urine to void following the administration of amphetamine despite any increase in the amount of liquid consumed. It feels like you've chugged a liter or two of water, and you have to pee like a race horse.

I'd like to add that I've experienced problems regarding urination and amphetamine, as I've been prescribed to Adderall for several years. I always have this massive amount of urine build up in my bladder after a couple of hours in lieu of having anything to drink. It takes forever for the urine to make its way out, and when it finally does there's no stream but rather a spray. Also, there's always some left to void, but emptying my bladder just can't happen. That's just my two cents on the subject. If pain persists, you should check it out with an urologist.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Useful information, very informative
Old 20-10-2011, 03:14
Mercury Member

42 y/o Male from Germany
klaus1971 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

dehydration i think
drink enough
keep your blood alkine
eat more fruits or drink it drink soy milk
well you can find all sort of usefull tips to keep yout blood alkine
trouble with those adhd drugs you loose your appetite

klaus1971 added 7 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

if you take 1000 mg of vitamine c and some
vinegar 4,5 ph and you
will drink enough of that(with lots of water ofcourse) you will be pissing and pissing
with amfetamines and also with ritalin
it's just that rit and amfetamines are removed quicker with
the acid intake and thats what i think happens
with quick full bladder not enough intake of alkine foods/fluids
but it's just a guess
but i know this from experience

Last edited by klaus1971; 20-10-2011 at 03:14. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-10-2011, 04:26
Titanium Member

Male from United States
snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

I've noticed that amphetamines make my pee smell awful, as well as making me pee more liquid. No pain experienced, but I don't think I've ever taken more that 20mg in one go, probably less even...
Old 20-10-2011, 04:33
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Dark Mage is on the way upDark Mage is on the way upDark Mage is on the way up
Points: 487, Level: 3 Points: 487, Level: 3 Points: 487, Level: 3

Adderall makes SWIM have to pee constantly, its like as soon as SWIM takes a sip of something SWIM has to go. Its so uncomfortable to the point where SWIM doesn't do Adderall anymore.

Last edited by Dark Mage; 20-10-2011 at 04:38.
Old 28-10-2011, 07:03
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
tweek411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1

Yes! When SWIM binges on high doses of amphetamine it makes it very hard to urinate.
Old 12-01-2012, 14:28
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female from United States
AdderallAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

Adderall makes my friend enjoy peeing a lot more. As silly as that sounds. It feels really good. She always has to go really bad when she's coming down, too.

Share this on:

Tags
amphetamine, amphetamines, neurotransmitter, norepinephrine, speed, stimulant, urinary retention