Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 21-09-2011, 07:51

23 y/o Male from Australia
mseb is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Oxazepam 30mg 5 scripts

I have recently been
Prescribed 5 prescriptions of 30mg Oxazepam which is marketed under the name murelax in Australia.

I am worried I will quickly form a depence and have read how bad withdrawals are for these types of meds.

I find oxazepam the best way to manage my stress especially at night time. How long before a tolerance is built up on these I'm supposed to have 2 in the evening only but I find myself having maybe 2 after work aswell which knocks me right out for hours!

I don't want it to get to the point where I am doubling the dose to get the same effect, should I just use it on a as needed basis or as the doctor prescribed. Because I want tO be able to sleep without them aswell.
Old 26-09-2011, 07:39
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Davevanza is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1
Re: Oxazepam 30mg 5 scripts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseb View Post
I have recently been
Prescribed 5 prescriptions of 30mg Oxazepam which is marketed under the name murelax in Australia.

I am worried I will quickly form a depence and have read how bad withdrawals are for these types of meds.

I find oxazepam the best way to manage my stress especially at night time. How long before a tolerance is built up on these I'm supposed to have 2 in the evening only but I find myself having maybe 2 after work aswell which knocks me right out for hours!

I don't want it to get to the point where I am doubling the dose to get the same effect, should I just use it on a as needed basis or as the doctor prescribed. Because I want tO be able to sleep without them aswell.
Hi,

Previously I was on Murelax , too. The 30mg one.
The recommended therapeutic dose is up to 30mg 4 times daily.

But compared with other Benzos, I found that Murelax is short acting.
And to me, even 2 to 3 tabs, didn't put me to sleep.

I guess, we all react differently to the same medication, best to talk to your doctor who knows your condition better.

Kind Regards,
Davevanza
Old 28-09-2011, 02:56

24 y/o Male from Australia
IAmAnAussieFromBrissy! needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Dude, get some Mogadon.
Old 01-10-2011, 15:08
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Davevanza is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseb View Post
I have recently been

Hi

I used on and off Murelax since 1995.
To me, it doesn't put me to sleep, even 3 tablets of it.

As far as I know, there are no active metabolites of oxazepam. Even multiple dose therapy leads to no excessive drug accumulation.

As in my case, my doc advices me to take it "as needed" basis.

If you want to sleep well, there are couples of stronger benzodiazepine called Halcion ( Triazolam), and Zopiclone and Zolpidem.

But, if you are afraid of getting dependence on it, (as in my case) I tried Dozile ( Doxylamine Succinate), also under the brand Restavit.
I tried Unisom ( Diphenhydramine), but it just didn't put me to sleep.
I find Doxylamine has a stronger effect.
Both meds are OTC, without prescription.

Share this on:

Tags
doxylamine, doxylamine succinate, drug, drugs-forum, oxazepam, snorting

Sitelinks: Information: