Notices

Old 21-09-2011, 04:52
Silver Member

Male from United States
AddyCrazy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%
Fentanyl after Suboxone

SWIM is wondering if it is enough tolerance to safely use fentanyl if someone has been on buprenorphine/naloxone mix(suboxone) for a few months at 16mg then he just went down to 8mg over the course of a month or 2 and is now taking 8mg or so a day. SWIM knows that buprenorphine is almost as potent as fentanyl so if he is taking 8mg then stops for 2 or 3 days then uses a fentanyl patch such as a 12 or 25 mcg/h will he have enough of a tolerance to be safe ODing assuming he did everything right?
Old 21-09-2011, 05:12
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,390, Level: 7 Points: 2,390, Level: 7 Points: 2,390, Level: 7
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
Re: Fentanyl after Suboxone

the thing about fentanyl is the tolerance to other opiates do not always translate to fentanyl tolerance. what kind of fentanyl patches to you have? i would feel much safer if you were to have the gel ones which you can smoke, though many people still overdose from smoking it, smoking is by far the safest ROA i think. is their any way to get another kind of opiate, such as oxycodone or something. i have done fentanyl many times but the dosage amount is such a crap chute i really do not feel comfortable giving you dosage advice.

i have heard that a 25 mcg patch is only recommended when someone is taking at least 60 mg of oxycodone at a time. in not sure if that is instant release or timed release. the other thing that makes me afraid of this is my ex girlfriends brother was perscribed a 25 mcg patch and plain overdosed on it. he had down syndrome and was deff so we couldn't get lot of info from him, neither could the doctors, before that he was only taking 10 mg hydrocodone at a time.

anyway i would tell you that the tolerance to other opioids does not translate into fentanyl tolerance. it would be much safer if you had the fentanyl lollipops or something. can you give us other info about you history with opiates?
Old 21-09-2011, 06:16
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 4,892, Level: 10 Points: 4,892, Level: 10 Points: 4,892, Level: 10
Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6%

First of all, buprenorphin is not "almost as potent" as fentanyl! It is slightly less than half as strong. Buprenorphin is traditionally scored as being about 40 times stronger than morphine, while fentanyl is 80 to 100 times as strong.

Secondly, you must be "opiate-tolerant" before you begin using fentanyl at any dosage. "Opiate-tolerant" in this case usually means using the equivalent of 30 mg of morphine per hour/at a time.

Finally, when you say "safely use", do you mean used for it's intended purpose or recreationally? If you are trying to relieve chronic long-term pain, then it is never advisable to use something as strong as fentanyl except exactly as it is prescribed.
Old 22-09-2011, 20:35
Silver Member

Male from United States
AddyCrazy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

SWIM isn't sure what type patches they are he is going to take a look but he does believe they are the gel ones. SWIM hasn't used opiates besides buprenorphine daily in a few months. When he was he was consuming large amounts of opiates 100 - 200mg hydrocodone a day or 200 mg morphine over a day, 60 - 150mg oxycodone over the course of a day. He has used pretty much every pharma opiate out there besides oxymorphone and fentanyl. He hasn't used heroin ever. SWIM asked this tolerance question because he hears people can come of bupe and have crazy tolerance to other opiates even after the intial 3 days after the bupe. He does mean use this recreationally. This may seem stupid but if it is the non-gel/film patches what happpens if it one were to cut of a small corner or something and put that on as a patch? SWIM has had a lot of experience with opiates but he has currently been on a Sub Maintenance program so he was wondering is the use of buprenorphine enough of a tolerance to use the fentanyl recreationally.

Share this on:

Tags
bupe, buprenorphine, fentanyl, fentanyl patch, fentanyl patches, opiate, suboxone, suboxone dosage