Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 21-09-2011, 04:48
Mercury Member

Male from Canada
Pain Hurts needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Oxycodone 10mg instant release effectiveness for pain.

Above and beyond my 2 x 80mg + 1 40mg Oxy daily taken to manage my conditions I also have 10mg IR rx'd to me

At the level I am at currently at, for example;

Wake up 10am-11am daily* Apple and / or PURE OJ, water only. Little activity if any until brunch.

- swallow 15mg oxy ir ~ 11am
Brunch 1pm. Always a healthy brunch.

- swallow 80mg oxy slow release 3pm.
Dinner 6-8pm.

- 80mg oxy at 11pm. done.

Varying with my activity levels and amount of walking, etc... times may vary but I wanted to ask if this level of 15-20mg oxy ir really helps reduce your pain?

*Even if you take it at later times,etc..

Cheers.
Old 21-09-2011, 05:43
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Oxycodone 10mg instant release effectiveness for pain.

have you tried taking the extended release tabs firstly, and waiting to take the IR pills until your pain requires them? i realize when you first get up you most likely need something for your pain quickly, is that so? is there anyway you could time you night ER dose so it will last long enough for you to wake up and take another ER dose and be all right. or if you could wake up a few hours earlier to take to ER dose before you normally do?
Old 25-09-2011, 01:26
Mercury Member

Male from Canada

Yes Luke, I used to always wait until 6 hours or so after taking my 1st 80mg oxy in the AM and it would assist with controlling the pain for about 2-3hrs max., and then time my next 80mg oxy slow release not 8 hours later as rx'd, but actually 9 or 10 ! That is great.

I just find this way actually works better , again, all of this talk truly DEPENDS ON THE SEASON, MY ACTIVITY LEVEL, THE WEATHER, TEMP., AND WHAT I AM DOING, if you know what I mean.

Even 20mg IR oxy has been known to keep my pain down if i lay around and don't do much and dits not humid outside .... versus ... 1- less than 2 hours if I am out and about really active and weather permitting (arthritis related)... you know what I mean?

Some have suggested I take my 30mg IR in the AM out of bed and this will keep me well and from taking my 1st 80mg slow release up to 6 FULL hours !! Its just the nod , if it kicks in sometimes I nap for 1-2 hours after ... it really depends. I have not taken 30mg + ir for 2 yrs .. since I napped , comfortably numb !!! ... when I started taking them 2009.
Old 25-09-2011, 02:02
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

the 10mg oxycodone ir , is for break thru pain, they are to be taken only as needed, it is for those times when the pain is starting to be felt , between the two 80 mg oxy timed release dosing times.

and yes from my experience with them they do work for the intended purpose.
Old 25-09-2011, 02:34
Mercury Member

Male from Canada

Been there, done that, did not buy the t shirt, but I took some pics.

I totally understand their purpose and appreciate your reply.
Old 29-09-2011, 02:41
Mercury Member

Male from Canada

Just an update Luke,

I went back to my original schedule - as you described - and all is fukin well, very well!

I know it worked b4 but wanted to experiment as my activity levels have gone down 80% in the past month so as a couch potato (only temporary) I wanted to see how the pains change ....

Your comment is the BEST way to go, for me.

Hope everyone would stick to it and their pain goes away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
have you tried taking the extended release tabs firstly, and waiting to take the IR pills until your pain requires them? i realize when you first get up you most likely need something for your pain quickly, is that so? is there anyway you could time you night ER dose so it will last long enough for you to wake up and take another ER dose and be all right. or if you could wake up a few hours earlier to take to ER dose before you normally do?

Share this on:

Tags
drug, drugs, immediate release, oxycodone, oxycodone immediate release, oxycodone ir, oxycontin, percocet, percocets

» New Threads
Can I take Tramadol in benzo...
Last post by Capo
1 Replies, 82 Views
What was your VERY FIRST...
Last post by Scloud90
38 Replies, 4,509 Views
Please help - Need support -...
Last post by FishHead35
2 Replies, 3 Views
I tried MG seeds for the first...
Last post by ianzombie