Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Ecstasy & MDMA Ecstasy (XTC) pills and pure MDMA

Old 18-09-2011, 08:37
Dankitydankness Dankitydankness is nu online
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from USA - Maryland
Dankitydankness is a decent psychonaut.Dankitydankness is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 597, Level: 3 Points: 597, Level: 3 Points: 597, Level: 3
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
How much ecstasy use is too much??

So I just tried ecstasy for the first time today and I loved it. I smoke weed everyday, and love that too, but weed is my daily thing. I need a drug to take on weekends. And I don't like drinking too much.

So I was wondering how often should I take ecstasy. From what I understand it's one of the worst drugs for you. So how much use is too much. How much use will cause me to see the bad longterm side effects of the drug? Is once a week too much. What about once a month. Or is it even something I should limit to just a few times a year.

Basically I feel like a good plan for me is to smoke my weed everyday, but then once a week or once every other week, take a harder drug like ecstasy, acid, shrooms, maybe try coke. So what do you guys think of this plan in general? Am I setting myself up for some bad things in the future. Is it smart to just stick to weed or should I venture out a little more in some other drugs
Old 18-09-2011, 09:47
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
Luckysheaven7 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: How much ecstasy use is too much??

You can alternate weekends for your drug choice, you know. You also don't "need a drug for the weekends". Nobody NEEDS drugs.
Old 18-09-2011, 13:24
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankitydankness View Post
Basically I feel like a good plan for me is to smoke my weed everyday, but then once a week or once every other week, take a harder drug like ecstasy, acid, shrooms, maybe try coke. So what do you guys think of this plan in general? Am I setting myself up for some bad things in the future. Is it smart to just stick to weed or should I venture out a little more in some other drugs
Smoking weed daily is not "bad" but I think it robs people of the experience after a while. SWIM used to enjoy being a chronic user for ten years. SWIM had to stop all illegal drugs, so as of December 2011, no more pot. Since then, SWIM has missed it a good deal but now understands that it's a bad idea to use a drug every day unless the drug is prescribed for daily use. Some medical marijuana patients smoke pot daily for pain management, yes, but do they continue to experience the high related to THC? In SWIM's experience, the high diminished greatly and it wasn't obvious how much until SWIM stopped using it. When SWIM can smoke weed again, SWIM has vowed not to make it a daily habit because that will definitely take away from the experience.

As for MDMA, everyone has different standards for their personal drug use. I have known others to use it on the weekends, nearly every weekend. The most common thing people have told me is that it causes depression between use. The science behind the serotonin receptors and what happens in the brain while on MDMA is located in the forum wiki. Since I'm not the most eloquent, I won't attempt to explain it here. SWIM tried MDMA when she was 19 years old and decided after the first "roll" that she would use it no more than 4 times a year. SWIM declared "this amazing drug is worth doing but not worth suffering long term mood effects!" As for it being one of the worst drugs, from what I gather, there is little evidence of that. If SWIY takes MDMA every weekend or every other weekend, it may lose its appeal which is unfortunate since it can be good for a person's perspective on life and relationships.

As for cocaine, well, be aware that cocaine is a whole different beast. Cocaine is incredibly addictive. Unlike MDMA, cocaine lends itself to daily if not hourly cravings for many many people. SWIM had an issue with that for about a year and it was a terrible year. Cocaine also loses its potency quickly with daily usage. Some people do only use on the weekends but from what I have seen, the party lifestyle consumes people.

Summary: my personal advice is to not need to use any kind of drug daily. It is best to keep your brain from "rewiring pleasure centers" because after a while, the brain may not be able to achieve happiness from anything other than chemical stimulation from outside sources. When that happens, depression looms on and on and you can read these people's stories all over the forum.

Enjoy life and everything else in moderation!
Old 30-09-2011, 19:24

25 y/o Female from United States
WiseOne is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankitydankness View Post
So I just tried ecstasy for the first time today and I loved it. I smoke weed everyday, and love that too, but weed is my daily thing. I need a drug to take on weekends. And I don't like drinking too much.

So I was wondering how often should I take ecstasy. From what I understand it's one of the worst drugs for you. So how much use is too much. How much use will cause me to see the bad longterm side effects of the drug? Is once a week too much. What about once a month. Or is it even something I should limit to just a few times a year.

You have been misinformed, it's relatively safe when used properly and you know for a fact that you have mdma in your hand and not something that has been cut with other substances. ABC did a little documentary that you should probably watch called 'Ecstasy Rising'. I've been rolling everyday for over a year never exceeding 1 to 2 pills a day and I haven't noticed any negative effects from it including the depression that people say they tend to experience after coming down. I also drink daily though, remember everyone is different though. Do what you feel is right for yourself.
Old 30-09-2011, 19:43
Titanium Member

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

AFOAF spent a number of years taking an average of 10 pills a night several times a week. That was certainly too much and caused her alot of problems. Just keep your dosages sensible and not too often and you will be fine

The thing to remember is that like all drugs, it can take a hold of you and once you get into a habit its hard to break it. It is after all an amazing feeling...
Old 03-10-2011, 19:48

Male from United Kingdom
Paddy Garcia is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

There's a lot of debate around that. It seems once every 1 - 2 months keeps it fresh (so I've read) and keeps the magic there. I think it's subjective to the individual though.

After first dropping, next door's cat found it difficult not to do it every weekend as he had never felt so good. However, the cat read about "magic loss" quickly and slowed the hell down
Old 30-10-2011, 21:16

24 y/o Male from United States
Roll1N should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3
Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6%

I've been doing E for about 5 months now. I'm a daily smoker myself. When I started I did it weekly every weekend for about a month, but I felt like that was going overboard...then I switched to once a month and am feeling much better about doing it, and I feel better about it personally.
Old 30-10-2011, 21:55
Palladium Member

24 y/o Female from United States
runnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medline
Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Have you heard of "suicide Tuesday"? The term refers to the fact the most people will take mdma on a Friday or Saturday and by Tuesday their serotonin levels are low and this makes them depressed. Personally I usually feel the worst the day after but it's not Suicide Sunday.

Also the more you use a drug the less fun it is. "What repeats itself become the norm." So even though you may be higher than anyone else you won't feel like it, because it's the way you feel every weekend.
Old 31-10-2011, 06:52
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
Burgandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerupbeautyqueen View Post
Have you heard of "suicide Tuesday"? The term refers to the fact the most people will take mdma on a Friday or Saturday and by Tuesday their serotonin levels are low and this makes them depressed. Personally I usually feel the worst the day after but it's not Suicide Sunday.

Also the more you use a drug the less fun it is. "What repeats itself become the norm." So even though you may be higher than anyone else you won't feel like it, because it's the way you feel every weekend.
My opossum says there is so much truth in this post. Tuesday Blues are just a drag. Can almost feel the holes in the brain. Also, once or twice weekly use, gets old after the first 3 weeks. My opossum just recently met Molly end of last month and has done it once or twice every weekend since. He does not plan to roll again until possibly NYE, that way he can ensure an epic roll O_o
Old 05-11-2011, 01:11

Female from United States
cashmere is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Swim went through a period of time where she was taking ecstasy everyday for about a month straight, you build a tolerance, and you'll probably end up in the hospital like swim did with a gnarly addiction. You'll have no serotonin and it'll be hard to recover.

Currently, 6 months from that experience, with sometime for swims brain to recover, she needs to take 4 or 5 pills to roll. I personally don't recomment this drug as your "weekend drug"

However, swim is an extreme.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:20
Palladium Member

23 y/o Male from United States
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgandy View Post
My opossum says there is so much truth in this post. Tuesday Blues are just a drag. Can almost feel the holes in the brain. Also, once or twice weekly use, gets old after the first 3 weeks. My opossum just recently met Molly end of last month and has done it once or twice every weekend since. He does not plan to roll again until possibly NYE, that way he can ensure an epic roll O_o
MDMA does not burn holes in your brain. There are so many people here misinformed about the risks of MDMA. It has a relatively high safety profile compared to other common drugs such as alcohol, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, GHB, and others.

Then again, on the flipside we have

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseOne
You have been misinformed, it's relatively safe when used properly and you know for a fact that you have mdma in your hand and not something that has been cut with other substances. ABC did a little documentary that you should probably watch called 'Ecstasy Rising'. I've been rolling everyday for over a year never exceeding 1 to 2 pills a day and I haven't noticed any negative effects from it including the depression that people say they tend to experience after coming down.
Jesus christ man, pull yourself together. Taking 1 to 2 pills a day, everyday, for a year plus, is not safe or responsible use. Don't lie to yourself and say you feel no negative effects. Either that or you have Superman's serotonin system, which synthesizes and replenishes serotonin quicker than dopamine.

Read the Ecstasy/MDMA FAQ posted at the top of the subforum. Try to keep your rolls to around once a month. The dummy has been rolling for in between 1.5 and 2 years now, and while there have been some rare times he's rolled consecutive weekends, it's not very frequent.

Post Quality Evaluations:
For clearing up a misconception, although a link to data would have been a plus.
Old 06-11-2011, 00:09

25 y/o Female from United States
WiseOne is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

It doesn't deplete as much serotonin as you'd think some of the british studies are stating that it depletes as little 3% with continued use.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Citational links would be helpful to analyze validity of studies
Old 06-11-2011, 00:22
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeDummy View Post
Jesus christ man, pull yourself together. Taking 1 to 2 pills a day, everyday, for a year plus, is not safe or responsible use. Don't lie to yourself and say you feel no negative effects.

Read the Ecstasy/MDMA FAQ posted at the top of the subforum. Try to keep your rolls to around once a month. The dummy has been rolling for in between 1.5 and 2 years now, and while there have been some rare times he's rolled consecutive weekends, it's not very frequent.
I agree, rolling every day is no good. All too often we lie to ourselves and justify our drug usage. It is one thing to take the SSRI and the mood stabilizers a doctor says to take daily, but most daily drug usage is just no good.

It is not just about depleting the neurotransmitters but it is about the neurotransmitter receptors becoming less responsive or exhausted to the overflow of chemicals.

I always used to feel sh*tty after rolling even though I did it 3 - 4 times a year, max. After getting on pharm meds, I stopped. I don't have much knowledge on mixing SSRI's with MDMA so I just don't do it.
Old 06-11-2011, 00:35
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from USA - Oregon
GeographyGeography is on the way upGeographyGeography is on the way upGeographyGeography is on the way up
Points: 416, Level: 3 Points: 416, Level: 3 Points: 416, Level: 3
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

I have been reading from a scientific journal recently called "The journal of psychoactive drugs,' which is a tri-annual journal which features studies related to either the direct effect of drugs themselves or the various societal effects. Naturally, being somewhat government funded I am healthily skeptical of the studies I choose to peruse, but one the other day stuck out to me.

It was a study of whether self-described 'long-term' users of MDMA are more or less depressed than non-drug using controls, polydrug users, and people who are long term users of marijuana and nothing else. In the abstract it stated that there existed somewhere 22 studies on MDMA that were widely accepted as valid. Of course since this article, written in 2003, there is most likely a great deal more of MDMA related scientific literature.
However I digress, what was interesting was that the author claimed that among these 22 or so studies, 11 claimed long-term health effects of ecstasy, while the other 11 claimed negligible or no long-term effects. Interestingly, a perfect split down the middle.

In this study, they questioned the subjects about their drug use (frequency, intensity, etc.) and then had them fill out a standardized test, a clinical measure of relative depression ( I forget exactly which test this was) The results were that the self-reported long-term ecstasy users were indeed slightly more depressed than the control-group non-drug users, but NOT more depressed than the marijuana or poly-drug users. Of course the researchers did not dare extrapolate on these findings or even on what they really meant, they just suggested possible future avenues of research based on these results.

An interesting finding, to say the least. Perhaps the excessive activation of the dopaminergic reward system so oft cited as the targeted area of brain damage in drug use is just as much depleted by the long-term use of marijuana as it is in ecstasy or other drugs. It seems counterintuitive considering the relative percentage of activation is much different, 300% in marijuana as opposed to...I forget exactly what number in ecstasy use, but it is higher than that. Of course this is totally ignoring the possible effects on other neurotransmitter systems like serotonin and it's related receptors, which obviously are affected by ecstasy use.

Last edited by GeographyGeography; 13-11-2012 at 01:22.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:36
MDMA, RC & News Forums

44 y/o Male from United States
Terrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20

First- I don't think either the science, or anecdotal evidence gives a conclusive answer to "how much is too much". There are countless variables, genetic predisposition, poly drug use, dosages used, frequency of use, health and lifestyle, quality/purity of product used...

That said, the turtles aardvark being over 40, and having seen firsthand everything from moderate use to outright abuse, he is increasingly inclined to urge moderation. Anymore he won't use MD'x substances more then a couple times a year.

To be fair- he still believes Mdx (pure- high quality Mdx - NOT "xtc pills") is a remarkably safe drug when used with respect. But it is an easy one for many to get carried away with for a while...

I would also add that there is some anecdotal evidence suggesting that those that suffer from "Suicide Tuesdays" are more likely to have a personal or familial history of depression, and that this may also relate to some increased risk of long term issues or "loss of magic". ( this thread may be of interest as well: Returning the "magic" - The Quest
Old 06-11-2011, 21:01
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Bluflame is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 84, Level: 1 Points: 84, Level: 1 Points: 84, Level: 1

My dragon used to smoke draw every day. Looking back on it it really dulled me down to everyday life. He felt like he didn't achieve as much as he wanted. Just saying.
My Dragon takes Mdma once a month and trys to keep it to once a month. Does sometimes end up being 2 times a month due to awesome club lineups haha! The body does build up a tolerance to it. So over use would mean you cant appreciate it any more =O

Have a look into post and preloading with things like 5htp so you don't run out of serotonin. Clicky here

Last edited by Bluflame; 06-11-2011 at 22:35.
Old 09-11-2011, 20:50

24 y/o Male from United States
Roll1N should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3
Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6%

Once a week is def. too much. I stick to once a month
Old 17-11-2011, 06:59

25 y/o Male from United States
Sugar1 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Rolling every weekend wouldent be the ideal thing to do . Swim used to roll a lot and now no longer wants to experiement with the drug because of how many times its already been used in such a short period of time . I would save the rolls for once a month use . Coke is more of a weekend drug .

Share this on:

Tags
3.4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine, cocaine, coke, drug, drug use, drug user, drug users, drugs forum, ecstasy, entactogen, journal, marijuana, serotonin, shrooms, stimulant, weed, xtc