Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:41
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

33 y/o
cmokag is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
swallow or snort my ritalin? have 30mg

hey guys..
swim wants to know whats the best way to maximize the effects of ritalin. Swim is use to opiates, but kicked them..got his hands on 6 5mg yellow ritalins..prob generic b/c they swin said they say methalyphetine sp? something like that.

Swim snorted 2 tonigt and swallwed 2 after crushing and putting in water. Not much effect.

Swim has 6 left..what does anyone reccomend..better to snort the lot of em tomorow..or swallem all...Swim s first time was tonight did 20 mg and not much happened...

Swm has a big get to getehr tomorow and would love to maximize the effects of the ritalin watever that would be....thanks
Old 12-03-2006, 08:05
Platinum Member

33 y/o Male
Kemikaru_Tenshu probably knows what they are talking about.Kemikaru_Tenshu probably knows what they are talking about.Kemikaru_Tenshu probably knows what they are talking about.Kemikaru_Tenshu probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 439, Level: 3 Points: 439, Level: 3 Points: 439, Level: 3
Snorting those pills is actually really hard on your nose, and is really not all that much better than just swallowing them. When I used to use them I would generally place them under my tongue and let them dissolve. They do not really have a "rush" associated with them (because injecting them is an even worse idea than snorting them), so if that is what you're looking for you are out of luck.

While the dose/response curve is different for everyone (this means be careful, people) in my opinion 20 mg is much too small of a dose to have all that much effect.

I personally would take 50 mg when I wanted to concentrate and study, and often quite a bit more when I wanted it to enhance my night. I know that my previous girlfriend only required 30 mg to experience benefits from it, and that most of the other people I know required at least 50 mg.

It is my opinion that the pills do not have much recreational value, as they tend to make one more irritated and edgy than euphoric or even "speedy".

Hope that helps...

~KT
Old 12-03-2006, 13:56

Male from Netherlands
fatmanstan is on the way upfatmanstan is on the way upfatmanstan is on the way up
Points: 420, Level: 3 Points: 420, Level: 3 Points: 420, Level: 3
When SWIM was a kid, many of his friends had either the 20 or 30mg tabs, and they would always grind'em up and suck'em back. That was the way they preferred. With only the 5mg tabs, there will likely be alot of filler, however, that would be the way swim would take them. Not a rush, but always a strong mood lift and lots of energy, especially mental energy.
Old 13-03-2006, 06:04
AKA Miss Methylene

27 y/o
pharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way up
Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4
SWIM thinks you should defiantly swallow them. I just posted a article yesterday on snorting Methylphenidate (Ritilan), check that out. In studies it has been proven that snorting Methylphenidate is much like snorting cocaine, just not as strong, crazy, eh? By snorting the pills, you will also feel the effect faster. SWIM's friend use to be prescribed to Methylphenidate and her and her friend would snort 2 or so and could defiantly feel the effects, but SWIM's friend also told me he could swallow five or six and also feel the effects of a recreational dose...let us know what you do!
Old 13-03-2006, 09:44
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
When Bongo was a young ape, his WAY-ex ladyfriend suggested that he try snorting some ritalin. It was at a high school party. The young lady had been getting prescriptions for $20 from a croaker who had been exposed on a TV news cast. She saw the news show and sought him out. A croaker being a doctor who would write a prescription for whatever one wanted - this one charged $20. And he was quite famous at this point. The news spotlight team showed a street junkie walking into his office and returning with a prescrition for desoxyn (methamphetamine).

It was a 10mg pill, ground into a blue powder. Up the nose it went. And what followed was the most massive sneezing fit ever witnessed by Bongo's schoolmates and faculty. He lost count after 25 forceful AHHHCHOOOO's!!!

For the next 48 hours, Bongo suffered all the symptoms of a bad head cold with sore throat. The ritalin had some effect so, aside from the head cold, Bongo also had a delightful quasi-anxiety attack for a couple of hours.

The young lady continued to visit the croaker. And became more and more strung out on the crap. She got to a point where everyone was out to get her - or so she complained. Then she started pulling knives on her friends. That was the end of her friendships. Last known location: She was a heroin addict who had spent considerable time in prison for prostitution. And she has AIDS as well. She calls Bongo once in a blue moon looking for money.

The croaker was eventually arrested by the DEA. But not for illegally prescribing controlled substances. They busted him for income-tax evasion. Just like Al Cappone.
Old 17-04-2006, 20:08

28 y/o Male
EllisD25EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Whenever SWMI can get a hold of non-time release Methylphenidate, he crushes them as fine as possible. Insufflation.
Old 04-05-2006, 14:41
Palladium Member

Male from USA - California
Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,825, Level: 6 Points: 1,825, Level: 6 Points: 1,825, Level: 6
SWIM mainlines ritalin when he does them. He'll do 30 - 40 mg ritalin mixed with about 70 - 80 units of water. Each different brand/type of pill cooks up a bit differently. Some get waxy, some need more water, etc.

Do I have to insert here that I'm not advocating, blah, blah, blah.

Shooting ritalin is fairly new for SWIM and he's been keeping an eye on any posts dealing with the subject. So far the reading he's done has left him with the general impression that shooting pills is somewhat dangerous and shooting ritalin doesn't seem to be any more dangerous than most other pills. The rush is over so fast it may not seem worth it.

Before IV, SWIM would snort ritalin, which he did on the few rare occasions when he happened upon them.

SWIM has noted that most anyone who has a lengthy relationship with ritalin (like a couple years or more) almost never has anything good to say about it. Kinda like methadone.

- Beltane
Old 04-05-2006, 17:52

27 y/o Male
IHrtHalucingens is on the way upIHrtHalucingens is on the way upIHrtHalucingens is on the way up
Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4
SWIM suggests crushing them up and parchuting them. In his opinion that is the best and easiest way. It takes way too much work to clean them up for enjoyable insufflation, especially since its really not that great of a "high".
Old 04-05-2006, 21:06

Male
pwdrfrk is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
SWIM had 10mg novartis brand rits...used to crush them into a fine powder and snort them, 20mg at a time, 10mg in each nostril. great initial rush was found but did not last long at all. 20mg snorted required SWIM to do that every hour after that till crash time but each one never quite hit the level of that very first line.

SWIM found ingestion of the pills made them less potent and required 50-60mg orally to hit 20mg snorted. however, oral ingestion allowed for a longer duration experience, something SWIM would recommend if you are going into a social situation for a period of time. snorting also increased the chance of becoming very irritable after that first high peaked.
Old 19-06-2006, 04:51

27 y/o Male from United States
Ranke is captain of the psychonauts.Ranke is captain of the psychonauts.Ranke is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1
SWIM suggests snorting them. Ritalin is a quite enjoyable smooth (compared to adderall) stim.

Also pharmapsyche is right about ritalin. It does act similer to coke.
http://www.biopsychiatry.com/methcomp.htm

So if it was up to swim he would say snort 25mg then leave 5mg to snort at comedown to soften it.

Old 20-06-2006, 10:20
Silver Member

33 y/o Male
Vali-yum is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1
At college this guy I knew would blow ritalin all the time...

He called it "Diet Coke."

It goes very well with drinking and will keep you up until all hours of the morning.. Why else would swim be up right now???

Last edited by Vali-yum; 22-06-2006 at 09:21.
Old 20-06-2006, 10:35
Silver Member

33 y/o Male
swim would never condone smoking ritalin, aderall, or any of that stuff..

Last edited by Vali-yum; 22-06-2006 at 09:21.
Old 20-06-2006, 10:39

Male from Netherlands
robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.
Points: 1,114, Level: 5 Points: 1,114, Level: 5 Points: 1,114, Level: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vali-yum
At college I'd blow ritalin all the time...

We called it "Diet Coke."

It goes very well with drinking and will keep you up until all hours of the morning.. Why else would I be up right now???
Please read the forums rules! You're violating the law for Self Incrimination....
This is not to be taken lightly, its important that people use SWIM (someone who isn't me)
Old 20-06-2006, 10:45
Iridium Member

41 y/o Male
Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,058, Level: 5 Points: 1,058, Level: 5 Points: 1,058, Level: 5
I've known loads of Rit. snorters in High School (being ADD snorting 60mg just made me feel like bugs were eating my skin, NEVER abused meds until my fist Adderall.

I've NEVER heard of smoking pills. I head after about 8 months snorting Ritalin starts to cause odd pains that make people move to Amphetamines.. Sounds urban but who knows.

better to powder the 20-40-60mg of ritalin and parashoot it. Sure it isn't instant but you get and extra hour of fun I guess!

Lets get real stupid, yo get a syringe, 5mg IV is like 20mg oral!

Be HARD COOORE!!!
Old 20-06-2006, 10:49

Male from Netherlands
robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.
Points: 1,114, Level: 5 Points: 1,114, Level: 5 Points: 1,114, Level: 5
Swim wrote this in the Ritalin Info Page.

Swim his dose scale:
10-20 mg: A very low dose with slight effects, if one is not familiar with the effects its almost not noticeable.
20-30 mg: The effects are present but still not strong. On this dose its clear that the drug has been used.
30-40 mg: The effect are medium to strong and it starts to feel like amphetamine sulfate. This was for swim the best recreational dose. The side effects are getting noticeable (chewing, dilated pupils)
40-50 mg: This dose is a strong ritalin dose with full effects witch will last long, with this dose the side effects are also very noticeable. Especially the cotton mouth feeling.
50-60 mg: This dose is actually to high for recreation. The positive but also the negative effects are strong. But the problem with such a high dose is that it doesn’t add to the experience it rather prolongs it. This kind of dose will be rough on the heart.

All of these dosis where taken by means of insuflation. (assuming swim snorted once a night and no redoses)

The effects:
Low dose: effects are slightly noticeable. It works stimulating but not for to long, euphoria is also felt but on the background.
Medium dose: effects are present and feel very nice, stimulation and euphoria.
High dose: with a too high dose the effects are strong but the side effect are stronger. Dehydration and heart problems are risks.

Post Quality Evaluations:
informative
Old 20-06-2006, 10:56
Silver Member

33 y/o Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin_himself
Please read the forums rules! You're violating the law for Self Incrimination....
This is not to be taken lightly, its important that people use SWIM (someone who isn't me)

Thanks for quoting that then...

Last edited by Vali-yum; 22-06-2006 at 09:22.
Old 20-06-2006, 15:51
Retired

Male from United States
Sitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,573, Level: 8 Points: 3,573, Level: 8 Points: 3,573, Level: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin_himself

So lemme ask you a question?

Why didn't you call the moderator out on self incrimination but you call someone out below that?

Uhhhemm....Kemikaru_Tenshu....come on now yous is setting a bad example
Old 23-01-2007, 11:37

28 y/o Male
PHOENIX rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Re: swallow or snort my ritalin? have 30mg

SWIM has found that 20 and 30XR ritalin and focalin give him way more of a speedy / jittery high as opposed to adderall

for SWIM to feel a decent high he usually will snort 60-90mg over the course of a few hours. SWIM uses cola often, so his stimulant tolerance is reasonably high. SWIM very much enjoys snorting ritalin / focalin... but he makes sure to inhale a tad of water in each nostrel to clear out the clumped up binding agents. about a minute before his next 30mg line SWIM administers 2 sprays of a saline nasal decongestant to prep his nose.

if the local cola supply is low SWIM can enjoy the recreational effects after taking 90-150mg over the course of the night (9pm - 9am).
Old 23-01-2007, 11:38

28 y/o Male
PHOENIX rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

SWIM's mistake... SWIM will generally snort 60-90mg in less than 2 hours using the above methods to obtain an enjoyable recreational high
Old 11-03-2007, 11:50

35 y/o Male
nonlinear should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1

snort it dude, it will hit u way faster. it's not taht bad.
Old 02-08-2007, 21:11
Silver Member

40 y/o Female from United States
Ketamina is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1

Someone up there mentioned that Ritalin & friends are harder on the nose...but SWIM has found that to be untrue from her experience. Coke rips her nose up; she likes the stuff but can only do it for a few days (spreading 1/2 8ball out for 4-5 days), and then she has to take a couple weeks to recover. With Ritalin, the damage is not even close to that. SWIM won't bore with the icky details.

It could simply be that SWIM gets crappy coke, she knows she's had some truly horrid stuff (when it's bad enough to flush, y'know?), but recently she knew what sh had was fair, yet it still caused symptoms of sinus infection. Ritalin doesn't cause anything like this for her...in fact the difference is night and day.

SWIM isn't calling anyone out, just voicing her completely opposite viewpoint from experience. She knows Ritalin is full of filler (why can't coke dealers/cutters use the same thing? hehe), and would clean it if she knew how and found it worthwhile (still looking for more info on that).
Old 13-08-2007, 00:10

27 y/o Male
Cob should review received reputation comments.
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

if u have 50 mgs, swollow them, if u have less snort them

Share this on:

Tags
drugs forum, snorting drugs