Notices

Old 15-09-2011, 18:57
Silver Member

Female from United States
Ratsabilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
OxyContin OP?

My friend was prescribed Oxycodone 10 mg for pain. This dosage was not enough so the Dr. prescribed Oxycodone 20mg. When she picked up her meds at the pharmacy, the bottle says 20mg OxyContin OP. Now She realizes that Oxycodone and Oxycontin are the same drug, but what is this OP all about? And why are they chewy? She could not really chew them up to get the desired effect. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 15-09-2011, 19:43
Silver Member

Male from Earth
ellavader is a decent psychonaut.
Re: OxyContin OP?

The reason they are chewy is so that ur friend does not get the desired effect, because purdue pharma (the company that produces oxy) is being sued by everyone so they came up with this "tamper proof" formulation.

How ever many r now complaining, stating that they dont even get the analgesic effects when taken properly, on top of the fact that the new formulation might (im not sure) contain known carcinogens making that formulation unavailable by Health Canada up north so, the old OC/CDN formula is still available there. U might wanna take a drive north to get ur meds if u want the desired effects or do some research on here im sure there have been several posts regarding how to etc...
Old 15-09-2011, 20:14
Silver Member

Great. More cancer causing agents. She lives close enough to Canada to do that, but didn't someone somewhere pass a law keeping US citizens from getting meds from Canada? Remember all of those poor old people taking bus trips to Canadian pharmacies? The government and drug companies need their last dollars you know.
Old 15-09-2011, 21:31
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
msjaguarxj6 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4

I can only get the ops. It's a time release tablet and swallowing them will not give you desired effects. That's why I chew mine until they are all broken apart. I feel the high within 10-15 minutes this way. Whoever said that you can't get the desired effect with them is incorrect. It's not the same as an oc that you can crush and snort, but chewing away the time release coating will still give you a high. Also someone on here said that they found it useful to use a product called "pedipaws" to grind the time release part off of the pill, and then were supposedly left with just the drug. I have absolutely no idea if this can be done, or if this did indeed produce the desired outcome. But you should have no trouble chewing as long as you keep it in your mouth and chew away for a little bit of time.
Old 15-09-2011, 21:37
Silver Member

Male from Earth

Instead of chewing, i find that placing the pill in a spoon and crushing it with another directly above it is more efficient and u dont have to deal with the bitter taste. Do the OP's gel up if u do it that way? Perhaps thats why u guys chew them??? The only time i would chew them is if im not at home....
Old 15-09-2011, 21:59
Silver Member

She chewed them up for a minute. She got a little buzz but nothing like with the other ones. Perhaps she should chew them up more.
Old 15-09-2011, 22:07
Silver Member

Male from Earth

Try crushing it with 2 spoons or you can use one of these to gring them....works great with the old formula i would think it would still grind nice and fine with this....
Old 15-09-2011, 22:09
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
msjaguarxj6 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4

Yes chew them up until there is nothing left but sticky gelatinous material stuck in your teeth then swallow all the little bits! I get VERY high off of a 20 or I chew 2 20s at a time.
Old 18-09-2011, 21:14
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

63 y/o Male from United States
Artemus is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1

I do not prefer Oxycontin over Oxycodone. Financially, a month's worth of Oxycontin at 20 mg (my old dose) was about $300/mo. Oxycodone generic in equivalent strength and quantity was $9/month. The "sell" is that Oxycontin is a 12-hr slow release variety of oxycodone. I used it for pain, not to get high, and I didn't want it to make me high, but it did for a few hours. The "slow release" isn't linear. It has peaks and valleys and it is more difficult to maintain a constant level of pain meds in my blood with Oxycontin. Personally, narcotics (Oxycontin and oxycodone) are not a pleasant experience for me. They are like I drank a pot of coffee, make me jittery and grumpy, and are the best--but far from perfect--pain solution I've had. A lot of different pills doctors like to give for pain just make me ill. The more synthetic that are, the worse I suffer their side-effects. I just never had that feeling I see on tv with people nodding off in euphoria and giving up their lives to live on a street corner. If I had twice the pills, I wouldn't take twice the dose because I'd become a roaring a**hole and no one would want to be around me. lol. Oh, well. Blessing in disguise I suppose.
Old 18-09-2011, 21:37
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,390, Level: 7 Points: 2,390, Level: 7 Points: 2,390, Level: 7
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

there are many threads on here about the new oxycontin op formulation. with the new time release mechanism even if it is ground or chewed or broken up, the time release is still intact, unlike the old oxycontin oc version where if it were crushed the time release was completely bypassed. i dont know the particulars of the new time release, but even if it is broken up it will still gel back up and not dissolve at once. there is some info about doing chemical extractions on them, but it seems like a lot of work and pretty complicated.

another option would be trying to get some instant release oxycodone tabs. these have no time release and can be swallowed whole and completely dissolve like the old oxycontin oc pills would if they were crushed evenly. this was the first thread on here started about the new oxycontin op's, some pretty solid info. there is a lot more info around the forum about them as well, try using the forum search engine.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...ycontin&page=2
Old 19-09-2011, 17:18
Silver Member

Her doctor wrote the prescription for oxycodone 20 but the pharmacy gave her 20 mg oxycontin because they didn't have oxycodone in that strength and they said if wa the same. Obviously not.

Ratsabilly added 14 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

And that link was very helpful. Why didn't it come up when I searched for oxycontin OP?

Ratsabilly added 75 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Really? Coca-Cola? Has anyone tried this? I'm trying to put a link in here but I am computer illiterate and am having a lot of trouble. So I googled "extracting oxycodone from oxycontin OP" and found that people are soaking the pills in Coke for about and hour and then drinking the coke plus mushy pills. They are getting really high. My friend would like some more advise before she goes wasting pills. Would Pepsi work? She hates Coca-Cola.

Last edited by Ratsabilly; 19-09-2011 at 17:18. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19-09-2011, 17:44
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

As I understand it, it's supposed to be the citric acid in the coca-cola that does some of the breaking down. If that's the case, one could try leaving it in some lemonade or maybe even KoolAid or something. Maybe crush up the pill as best one can, put it in a small juice glass & cover with the juice of one lemon. Leave to sit for a while (an hour or more), then add water & sugar to turn it into lemonade & thus make it drinkable. *grin*

I no longer recall where I read this, but something like that was one person's method & they claimed to have good results. *shrug*

There's a HUGE difference between 20mg oxycodone & 20mg oxycodone extended release! If there wasn't a notation on the prescription for those tablets to be ER or specifically OxyContin (or its generic), that's a HUGE mistake on the pharmacy's part & I'd raise high holy hell. What if your 20mg oxycodone tablets were for your breakthru pain, and SUPPOSED to be instant release...taking an OC version of it instead is gonna give you, like, 2mg an HOUR of the medicine, instead of the 20mg prescribed! Get that checked out...and if you were supposed to have IRs, have your doctor call & bitch them out and go to a different pharmacy in the future!

OTOH, I've never heard of 20mg instant release oxycodone; 5mg, 10mg, 15mg & 30mg tablets, but never 20mg...20mg have always been ER tablets.

~Kailey
Old 19-09-2011, 20:29
Silver Member

I know! The prescription only said "Oxycodone 20mg". She called the pharm when she got home before taking them and asked if it was the same and stuff. They assured her it was ok and the same. What if she had some allergy to he extended release or something?

Ratsabilly added 3 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Oh BTW, she's got her 2 pills soaking in about 4 or 5 oz of Coca-cola. To be continued...

Ratsabilly added 119 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

OK, I'm happy to report that this works. She took 2 20mg OxyContin OP pills. Cut them into little pieces. Put them in about 4 or 5 oz of Coca-Cola. Then she microwaved the mixture until it came to a low boil (she read 2 techniques for this. One was to just soak the pills in Coke for an hour. The other one said to chop up pills, put in some Coke, boil, then drink. She combined the techniques). Let sit until it was room temp. Served over ice along with the rest of the Coke. Also swallowed the mushy pills. She really felt it about 20 minutes later. The high was more intense than just chewing up and swallowing 2 20mg pills.

Post Quality Evaluations:
very helpful experience report, and thank you for coming back to update!
good report on the coke and oxy combo, cola that is

Last edited by Ratsabilly; 19-09-2011 at 20:29. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-11-2011, 18:00
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
FearlessLink is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 243, Level: 2 Points: 243, Level: 2 Points: 243, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratsabilly View Post
Also swallowed the mushy pills. She really felt it about 20 minutes later. The high was more intense than just chewing up and swallowing 2 20mg pills.
Okay, I'd like to ask some questions about this high. I, too, have 2 20 mg Oxycontin, Op formula. The past two days in a row i've been taking 3 20mg oxycontin OP, but now i'm down to my last two.

I generally chew them up as jaguar said, until they are quite like a gelatin. I've done this for up to 5 minutes before. Within 15 minutes the first stages of the high creep in. Within an hour i'm under the influence of a good OC high. It generally lasts a long time, and comes in waves. Especially when I smoke tobacco.

Now to my questions. How long did this high last? Did it last all day like chewing them up and taking them? Was it over in just a few hours? HOW intense, do you mean? I've actually obtained a slight nod from chewing 3, so did the method she used allow her to gain one from only 40 mg?

I'm sorry, but these are my last two and I'm desperately trying to obtain what I need from them. So, naturally, i'm researching and very curious. Please write back soon!
Old 15-12-2012, 22:49

Male from United States
iddottaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Hello: There are medications of patients to whom I administer are given via SL, (under tongue) which are quickly absorbed into the fine capillaries under their tongues. If one masticates (chews) this medication and places the mash under the tongue the medication is quickly absorbed by those fine, close-to-the-surface capillaries which results in quick absorbtion and bio availability.

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, canada, coca, coca cola, coffee, coke, drug, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, euphoric, extended release, extraction, new oxycontin, opioid, oxycodone, oxycontin, oxycontin op, pharmacy, roxicodone, shoot up, time release