Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 09-09-2011, 07:47
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
DiacetylEntertainment is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Issues with Injecting

So this is my second time writing this as the first time I hit backpage by accedent and it got deleated SO...

In short,
Im 18, have been injecting for almost a year, I use relativley new needles each time, I'm fairly good with injecting, I've shot my fair share of dope.

My issue is,
I shoot in both arms, in the same vein in both arms meaning I shoot in my farthest right vein in my right arm in the inside of my elbow, and my farthest left vein in my left arm. My track marks present a line following up my vein. My trackmarks are not that bad, there actually not that noticable at all. My issue is that when I shoot dope now a days, I stick the pin in me, register blood, a good register too, and I shoot the dope, all the way occasionally pulling back to make sure im still registered. After my shot, I get this warm, large, itchy rash that slowly appears around the injection site. Its not red or anything, just raised skin. This happens each time I shoot, no matter how good, how bad, how big, how small the shot is. New needle, old needle, doesnt matter.

I picture it happening in my head as the lovely dope flowing into my poor beat up veins and basically seeping out the puncture wounds in my veins and spreading around the surrounding area. I picture it that way because thats what it looks like. Thing is, I've never seen this or heard about this happening to anyone else. I'm not missing, or at least not completely because I get a rush and get high. The rash goes away after 15-20 minutes or so. It doesnt hurt.
Any advice on what to do?
Maybe some advice on vein care or a thread redirection?
How can I grow some better, stronger veins?
Some sympathy/empathy would be great too...

Thanks for reading, I know its kind of long but this is bugging the shit out of me.
Old 09-09-2011, 16:44

43 y/o Male from USA - New York
homesick is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Issues with Injecting

allergic reaction, has nothing to do with which vein or technique...
harmless, really nothing you can do will stop this... your body may one day stop having this, may stop and come back, but again its harmless..
Old 09-09-2011, 17:02
Silver Member

Male from Earth
Down In Albion is a decent psychonaut.Down In Albion is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 172, Level: 2 Points: 172, Level: 2 Points: 172, Level: 2
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%

You sure you're registering right? you can still get high if you miss...

Sorry if that sounds condescending, I just know how easy it is to get impatient and careless when dying for a hit.

If you're registering right and still getting that, you could try taking an antihistamine 30 mins before shootin' up, and use one of those painkiller gels atheletes use, there's one with an anti-inflamatory in it which works good, couple of friends who had abscesses swear by the stuff.

As for vein care, all I do is switch injection sites often, and never inject the same part of the vein, make a path of pin pricks, the three p's ...

Can't really think of anything else, pretty spaced out will add to this if anything occurs to me later.

Be safe,

DIA
Old 09-09-2011, 17:08

24 y/o Male from United States
sm0k3d should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

I'm pretty sure that whats happening is that you are heating the dope in the spoon and putting it in the needle hot and not giving it a chance to cool down. Once u fill it stick the needle with the fresh dope in a cold bottle of water or something similar. Whenever I used to do a "hot shot" the same thing would happen to me.
Old 12-09-2011, 15:02
Silver Member

Yeah the heating it and not cooling it thing has happened to me many times in the past being dopesick, and it actually is the exact same reaction as what is happening to me, but most of the time now im not even heating it so that isnt the issue.
I know I'm definetley registering, I've gotten pretty good at it. Perhaps its a blown vein? But wouldnt that mean I can hit it anymore?

Another thing is and I know this might make some of you cringe, but when I shoot suboxone (strips of pills, I prefer strips) its a thicker liquid going into my veins and I never have this problem ever. Once again I picture the thin liquid of water and dope spilling out of my precious veins.
Old 12-09-2011, 15:11
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17
Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7%

Have you tried using new veins in your arms to see if that makes a difference? Sometimes it can just be that you're buying from dealers that all score from the same source, and its just something added further up the food chain, when its cut. Try a new site, see what happens. You'd be best to find newer sites anyway, cos if anything happened to just one of your precious veins, you'd be left just caning that one good vein, and it wouldn't stay good for long. So start looking for new one's now.

Sparkles.
Old 12-09-2011, 18:34
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

I've had this happen too, and had similar thoughts as you (maybe there was a drop of Heroin in the point so it hit my skin before I got into the vein, maybe it 'leaked' out of my vein a bit or I pulled it out a bit when I was removing the needle, etc etc).

Any way you look at it, though, it appears to be an allergic reaction. As suggested, an antihistamine (diphenhydramine is good, cheap & easily available - it's called Benadryl in the USA & the store-brand works just fine) would probably stop this, but if it's not particularly itchy and/or annoying, you might not want to bother. Also, very important, an antihistamine can increase the effects of the Heroin, so if you do try this, do less Heroin in your shot than usual, to make sure it doesn't affect you too much! No one wants anyone to die or anything like that!

I would also take missparkles' suggestion of trying a different vein with a brand new point, just to see if there's a difference.

Also, does this happen ALL the time? Do you get stuff from multiple dealers or just one? As suggested, it could be a bit of a reaction to whatever it's being cut with. OMG, there's a rumor around here that the Heroin is cut with Vitamin B (& it very well could be - I know a bottle of B Complex smells just like dope to me!) & someone I guess just cut their batch with whatever B vitamin was around...and it was Niacin...OMG, I got such a painful, itchy hive-like rash all over my trunk, I looked sunburned, my palms & soles itched/burned so freakin' bad. *shudder* Never have had a niacin flush come on so darn fast before. Anyway, I digress...

It could just be a reaction to the skin being broken with a prick. Kind of like a mosquito bite or when you come across stinging nettles when walking in the woods? As I said, I would totally try a different site with a brand new point, but if it goes away & doesn't hurt...I wouldn't worry too much about it.

~Kailey
Old 15-09-2011, 05:37
Silver Member

Surprisingly enough I think I have solved the problem. I hadnt been releasing the turniket (I know I spelt that wrong) after registering, as my ex girlfriend who taught me to shoot never did that herself. Now, when I release before pushing the plunger, I havn't had the problem in the past 4-5 times I've shot. So I might have solved that one. Anyhow, thanks for the advice from all of you.
Old 15-09-2011, 08:39
Silver Member

Male from United States
Halor is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 285, Level: 2 Points: 285, Level: 2 Points: 285, Level: 2

That makes perfect sense; that can cause blown veins etc as well.. My rabbit hopes all your normal spots are a-ok!! Be carful
Old 29-11-2011, 22:00

Female from United States
wendy03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

this helped me alot thanks , i just shot up and quickly after taking the needle out my skin started rise and it became red but mine did infact itch ,i put some ice on it , its going away slowly but surely lol i was scared . but may i ask what is a turnikey?
Old 29-11-2011, 22:06
Gold Member

catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy03 View Post
but may i ask what is a turnikey?
I'm pretty sure he meant tourniquet, hon...what you use to tie off with
Old 29-11-2011, 22:40

ohh thanks and who or what is swim?!?
Old 29-11-2011, 22:56
Gold Member

catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11

^^ someone who isn't me (SWIM)

It used to be encouraged to avoid self incrimination here but there is no need to use it on the general forums, in fact using 'swim' is discouraged. So you'll still see it popping up on old threads or with members who are in the habit of using it.

Self-incrimination needs to be avoided when discussing production, cultivation, chemistry & extraction though...that's where creative writing about pets, neighbours and notes washed up on the shore come in handy
Old 29-11-2011, 23:45

ohhh okayy thankss !

wendy03 added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

so wait you should untie before you push back into your arm ?

Last edited by wendy03; 29-11-2011 at 23:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-11-2011, 10:30
Platinum Member & Advisor

missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17
Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7%

^^^that's quite correct, you use a tourniquet to find a vein not to keep it. Always loosen the tie off before injecting.

Sparkles.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:31
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Female from Canada
marlonbrandoswife is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I have had this happen many times. I have only been injecting for a year, and styll suck at it, but once in a while this happens. It actually just happened to me, thats how Iended up here at this post. I registered blood, shot it into my vein then before I pulled the needle out could instantly feel my arm start to get warm and itchy. then there were all these blotches of raised bumps that looked almost whitecompared to my pink skin. They take like 10-15min to go away. I think its because I injected into a new vein but that vein must connect to some of the other veins around it where I have shot into a lot, so I am assuming its just leakage. Which sucks because it technically means some of it missed my vein, and not all of it stayed in the vein I shot into, it spred into other punctured veins and leaked. Just means find another vein to shoot in, and perhaps use the other arm/leg/hand or w/e. I do notice too when this happens I do not get as high as I would if it didnt happen. So put that into account of calling it a partially missed shot sux. I use Hydromorph tho, not heroin, I have never tried heroin before. My love is Hydro and Fentanyl. In canada here its ez to find and cheap. Just thought I would put my two sense in, seeing as I had this happen to me aswell. Take care. Good luck on your next vein. hehe :P

marlonbrandoswife added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlonbrandoswife View Post
I have had this happen many times. I have only been injecting for a year, and styll suck at it, but once in a while this happens. It actually just happened to me, thats how Iended up here at this post. I registered blood, shot it into my vein then before I pulled the needle out could instantly feel my arm start to get warm and itchy. then there were all these blotches of raised bumps that looked almost whitecompared to my pink skin. They take like 10-15min to go away. I think its because I injected into a new vein but that vein must connect to some of the other veins around it where I have shot into a lot, so I am assuming its just leakage. Which sucks because it technically means some of it missed my vein, and not all of it stayed in the vein I shot into, it spred into other punctured veins and leaked. Just means find another vein to shoot in, and perhaps use the other arm/leg/hand or w/e. I do notice too when this happens I do not get as high as I would if it didnt happen. So put that into account of calling it a partially missed shot sux. I use Hydromorph tho, not heroin, I have never tried heroin before. My love is Hydro and Fentanyl. In canada here its ez to find and cheap. Just thought I would put my two sense in, seeing as I had this happen to me aswell. Take care. Good luck on your next vein. hehe :P
MEANT TO SAY "TWO-CENTS" lmao i re read it and laughed at myself-english is like my major so wtf! I blame the drugs

Last edited by marlonbrandoswife; 03-04-2012 at 02:31. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-04-2012, 02:37
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Scotland
Jimmy11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

In scotland everyone says its a citric burn,usually caused by putting to much Citric or Vit c in your mix.
Old 10-04-2012, 19:17
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlonbrandoswife View Post

marlonbrandoswife added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

MEANT TO SAY "TWO-CENTS" lmao i re read it and laughed at myself-english is like my major so wtf! I blame the drugs

Yeah its deff not a problem with the drug itself, its the method of injecting. Happily though, this problem is behind me. 2 weeks clean off dope! Deffinetly release before you shoot. Good luck with whatever life holds ahead for you.

DiacetylEntertainment added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy11 View Post
In scotland everyone says its a citric burn,usually caused by putting to much Citric or Vit c in your mix.

That could cause some problems. The dope around where I'm from is very potent, but a lot of the people "dealing" it do not know what their doing with cuts and such. I once heard of multiple people cutting theirs with "frosted fucking flakes" Jesus Christ somebody help them and their melted brains, if they had one to begin with.

Anyhow, this problem in particular has nothing to do with cuts from what has been found via troubleshooting. Good luck.

Last edited by DiacetylEntertainment; 10-04-2012 at 19:17. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-04-2012, 13:41

David skagnetti should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

I'd have to agree with earlier statements made above, the shots probably just a little to hot when you're injecting. Lately I've been giving my shots a cold dunk in some water before I do them and if I do say so myself it does feel better.

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, antihistamine, diacetylmorphine, diamorphine, injecting, injecting heroin, opioid