Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 05-09-2011, 23:52
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Finland
FinnishPharmer is captain of the psychonauts.FinnishPharmer is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 430, Level: 3 Points: 430, Level: 3 Points: 430, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Black Tar Heroin and Nausea- The do's and dont's

Hello everyone! To preface this thread, swim would like to say that his experiences with heroin and nausea only come from chasing black tar heroin. Some of the triggers and cures for nausea that he has found may not apply to injecting or insufflation, but swim would love to know if he has found mutual ties between different roa's.

Swim moves back and forth between Helsinki and Denver as his job requires. In Denver, the most prominent type of heroin is black tar, a sticky black goo made from opium treated with acetic acid rather the acetic anhydride that heroin #4 is made from. Black tar has a unique feature that makes it appealing to a wider variety of users, that is, it can be put on foil as is and vaporized. Swim doesn't particularly care for needles and just doesn't want to inject, so this ROA was very attractive to him.

HOWEVER, swim takes issue with the taste and smell of chasing the black dragon. Now, tastes can vary significantly depending on the source. At best, it's a very mild taste with a distinct opiate note. Though, the usual taste is something awful, like rotten fruit juice, BBQ sauce and vinegar. The taste has a way of sticking to the palette and it makes swim very nauseous. In fact, swim has thrown up numerous times from the taste alone. But he often throws up long after smoking. So swim would like to give his input on how to avoid hideous nausea.

1.) Have water or a non-acidic drink on hand to clear the palette during smoking.
2.) Smoke in a ventilated area. Lingering tar fumes and heat can make a user nauseous fast.
3.) Do have some place ready if you feel the need to throw up.
4.) Avoid carbonated drinks, especially beer and alcohol in general.
5.) Lay down if nausea sets in, but if you are very high, avoid doing this as you may nod off and choke on your own vomit.
6.) Anti-nausea liquids that contain phosphoric acid should be kept on hand.
7.) If possible, procure promethazine as it reduces opiate nausea.
8.) If nausea is unavoidable, drink plenty on water in between bouts, dry heaving is very painful.

Any other suggestions?
Old 06-09-2011, 13:33
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
Helene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline Medline
Points: 4,235, Level: 9 Points: 4,235, Level: 9 Points: 4,235, Level: 9
Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7%
Re: Black Tar Heroin and Nausea- The do's and dont's

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishPharmer View Post
If possible, procure promethazine as it reduces opiate nausea.
Promethazine, along with other meds of its class (i.e. sedating antihistamines) will potentiate the effects of opiates. This could be seen as a good thing, but could also lead to an overdose - usual opiate dosage may have a far greater sedative effect, increasing respiratory depression ergo risk of OD.

Being sick isn't much fun, OD-ing even less so. So watch out if using antiemetics like promethazine, cyclizine etc as a way of reducing opiate related nausea.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good info from a harm reduction standoint too many rappers have died from attempting to potentiate an opiate as benign as codeine with promethazine
Old 07-09-2011, 04:51

Male from Finland
FinnishPharmer is captain of the psychonauts.FinnishPharmer is captain of the psychonauts.

Very valid point! That has never made since to me, why something that potentiates opiates is prescribe to reduce a side effect of opiates .

But the problem still remains, swim has thrown up 4 times tonight from a relatively small dose of black tar. He has seen first hand that others go through the same bout of nausea. Swim can get far higher on one batch of heroin and suffer no nausea at all, but with the same weight of another batch, feel only mildly high suffer the kind of nausea one may feel after downing a gallon of ever-clear.

This leads swim to believe one of two things:

A, a cutting agent that causes nausea was used.

or

B, due to the inexact manufacture of black tar and inconsistencies in the various opiate contents in the precursor opium mash itself, some people may have a more nauseous reaction to different batches.

At any rate, cures and treatments would be highly appreciated!
Old 07-09-2011, 17:34
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.
Points: 4,312, Level: 9 Points: 4,312, Level: 9 Points: 4,312, Level: 9
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

how long have you been smoking the stuff. Nausea is caused by most opiates when your not that used to taking them. Heroin for me never tastes nice smoked although i have not tasted black tar heroin. Promethazine will potentiate heroin in fact I once got so high from taking heroin and promethazine at the the same time i was babbling nonsense for hours but i digress.

With regards to the taste sticking to your palate try some mints or something if you feel it's the taste thats making you ill but when I first started taking opiates in fact for over a year every time i took them I threw up. The funny thing is I never found it to be an all too bad experience. I forgot about it pretty much as soon as I did it.
Old 10-09-2011, 19:51

Male from Finland

While swim is not saying he's happy that swiy threw up, he is glad to know that he is not the only swimmer that has gone through often opiate upchuck. Swim may not have a very large exposure to the heroin using population, but from his observations of those that surround him, the only users that can hold their dinner are those whom he considers to be addicts, with a few exceptions here and there. Swim hasn't been using heroin for all that long, maybe 6 months, and fairly infrequently.

Swim doesn't mind the act of throwing up while high, it is the weight loss and general unhealthiness of vomiting that throws him. Swim chose heroin as his every once in a while vice because a low dose doesn't do a huge amount of bodily harm compared to his old guilty pleasure, methamphetamine.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:41
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
tweek411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1

Amazingly SWIM has never ever vomited from smoking black tar Heroin. Infact SWIM loves that sweet smell of roasting a beeb of tar. SWIMS friend's brother on the other hand always pukes when he does H. Swim doesn't understand he loves the smell of black tar lol. And Swim loves holding in hits for 30+ seconds to get a even better high.
Old 11-09-2011, 18:39

Male from Finland

Swim feels like its all about the specific batch one has. Swim had tar last night with an extremely mild taste, nothing like the usual sharp vinegar notes he experiences. He held those hits for a long time with ease, got very high and didn't throw up or have nausea. That said, in the later stages of the heroin experience, when swim usually throws up from being high in and of itself, swim smoked weed. Maybe this was the trick, but its hard to say.
Old 11-09-2011, 19:58
Titanium Member

54 y/o Female from United States
ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3

LOL my rattie girl had the same problem. she could IV black tar and have NO nausea but if she tried to smoke even a tiny bit she would puke!!! LOL
Old 12-09-2011, 21:27
Silver Member

Male from United States
SkipBrutale is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 384, Level: 3 Points: 384, Level: 3 Points: 384, Level: 3

When Swim was smoking tar he threw up at least every other day. His weight went from 160 to 135.
Old 13-09-2011, 07:00
Palladium Member

24 y/o Female from United States
runnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medline
Points: 4,021, Level: 9 Points: 4,021, Level: 9 Points: 4,021, Level: 9
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Don't eat flaming hot cheetos. Or oranges. They don't taste great the second time around.
Old 13-09-2011, 07:59
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

lying down helps a ton with opiate nausea. so does eating something. I personally, even before getting addicted, hardly ever got nausea from opiates including heroin done when I was a ~120 pound 13 year old, lol. Very, very rarely do I get opiate nausea. I have never smoked tar though. In fact, I've only seen it a handful of times and only shot it twice. I prefer powder. I think it gives a better rush. But that's not really here nor there...

Anyway, the times I do get nauseous from opiates, it's when I haven't eaten in a long time (totally empty stomach, maybe 12 to 24 hrs or more without food) and when I do them when I'm really hungover. However taking them when I'm really drunk and feeling sick actually makes the nausea go away. Opiates have always calmed my stomach.

My suggestions to reduce nausea are to eat something first or eat something when you feel the nausea coming on. Also sip a Coke. Cola Syrup is still available and a popular treament for nausea though rarer now a days. It tastes just like flat coke. Will totally help with nausea. Sipping water helps also. But just plain lying down helps a ton too. Curl your feet up to your stomach in a comfy position and you should feel better. Also avoid strenuous work and/or heat when you use. I personally love to get up and work a lot when I'm high but it can really get to you if you get sick to your stomach. Keep the dose low also. Higher the dose, more nausea you'll get.

Oh and if it's the taste of tar that makes you sick, you could always disolve in water and snort it.

oh, yeah, and also if you get really nauseous, don't fight it! just puke, you'll feel a ton better!

Post Quality Evaluations:
good advice about just letting it out, sometimes its really the only way

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 13-09-2011 at 08:01. Reason: add

Share this on:

Tags
black tar heroin, heroin, heroin #3, heroin nausea, heroin taste, nausea and heroin use, respiratory depression

Sitelinks: Information: