Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 05-09-2011, 05:55
Palladium Member

32 y/o Female from Australia
iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,006, Level: 4 Points: 1,006, Level: 4 Points: 1,006, Level: 4
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
does oxcycontin wreck your teeth?

Help, whats going on with my teeth! They used to be great, but the last few months my wisdom teeth have started to crumble. Have been on oxcycontin and oxcycodone for 5 years and have just started hydromorphone. Im also on a pretty big concoction of other meds but don't take them as regularly. Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited by Micklemouse; 05-09-2011 at 07:21.
Old 06-09-2011, 14:04
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
drugs_bunny is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: does oxcycontin wreck your teeth?

started to crumble? This bunny is also a long term opiate user and 7/8 year user of oxycodone..this hasnt happened to the bunny and is the first time he's heard of this..maybe the two things are not mutually constitutive and isolated? Bunny has a meeting with his surgeon and opiate nurse next week, maybe he'll bring it up. Unfortunately bunny knows no one else in the uk on oxycodone its very rare to find someone in the UK prescribed this..the closest in his clinic are on MST and Morphine..

leave it to the bunny to find out next week or maybe someone here has some more they can share?
Old 12-09-2011, 05:22
Palladium Member

iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.

Thanks for responding! Will look forward to hearing from you after your appointment.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:48
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

what are you mouth hygiene habits like. many addicts have bad teeth just because if your addicted your most likely not taking care of yourself well. do you brush and floss regularly. ive also been a big user of oxycodone, using it mostly IV but also snorting. i would also used heroin at times, morphine, and hydromorphone, but 90% of the time oxycodone, either instant release or oxycontin brand.

you should talk to a doctor about this. do you get these drugs for pain, or from the street? just wondering. im not judging at all or even trying to make you out to be unhygienic, just trying to help get to the bottom of things. you could have a illness that is causing your teeth to crumble or something. i would suggest going to a doctor and getting checked out. i have never heard of this as a side effect. i guess i do know opiates can cause dry mouth which is bad for your teeth but am not sure if that would be so severe as it seems to be in your case.

coolhandluke added 2 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

it could have to do with the fact your wisdom teeth were not removed. the reason people have them taken out if because they crowd your mouth and push the rest of your teeth together making it so there are less gaps and food/bacteria/plaque gets stuck between them and is much harder to clean than if your wisdom teeth were not there and your teeth were not as crowded.

Last edited by coolhandluke; 12-09-2011 at 05:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-09-2011, 17:52
Silver Member

Female from Canada
LostControl is a decent psychonaut.LostControl is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Could be that all opiates leave you with dry mouth - and dry mouth can lead to problems with your teeth. On the other hand, my husband, who has never taken a pill in his life, had his wisdom teeth crumble early this Spring, and I know it has nothing at all to do with drugs - just the teeth didn't get brushed as well as the rest. He ended up having the one taken out, and another filled. Was given special toothbrush that helps get the back teeth a bit better. He's always had good teeth - so it was a surprise. He's 43 - maybe that's just the age that wisdom teeth start to go....
I've been on oxy for about 2 years now - no teeth problems whatsoever. I never got my wisdom teeth - so can't speak to that.
Old 19-09-2011, 05:37
Palladium Member

Thanks for replying guys, much appreciate. Couple of questions to answer... I get my meds from my doctor, all above board, and I am obsessed with hygiene, especially my teeth, no offense taken. Definately should speak to my doctor about my issue. I had a bone density scan last year because I had been on Prednisolone for 4 years and that didn't show anything abnormal, so perhaps my wisdom teeth should have been removed. None of my other teeth have been affected, yet, got to hit the nail on the head, will update this after I see my doctor tomorrow...thanks again!
Old 21-09-2011, 05:48
Palladium Member

Good afternoon from Australia everyone who posted a reply on this thread im very greatful. Saw my Dr yesterday & he said "Narcotic analgesics cause a dry mouth which results in teeth dying, and it happens to approx 70% of long term patients using such medications, not singularly oral use". He recommended a special toothpaste for dry mouths which he claims is very beneficial. If anyone is interested I will get the name of it , sorry I haven't got it on me right now. So inevitably im off to the dentist when I find the courage.....bad experience when I was 15 (male dentist molested me just before an extraction) Obviously I've been too afraid to EVER go again! Thanks to you all again....wish me courage please! Em

iceflame added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

P.S I apologize if I wasn't meant to mention the molestation on here. Please let me know if that was inappropriate.

Last edited by iceflame; 21-09-2011 at 05:48. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-06-2012, 07:34

20 y/o Male from United States
Keak Da Tweak should review received reputation comments.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hey I was wondering if you had that name of the toothpaste you use. My friend uses methamphetamine and I'm sure this would really help him keep his teeth healthy. Also do you need a script for it and do you know if it is available in the US?
Old 23-02-2013, 21:36

27 y/o Male from United States
yumyumgimmesome is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keak Da Tweak View Post
Hey I was wondering if you had that name of the toothpaste you use. My friend uses methamphetamine and I'm sure this would really help him keep his teeth healthy. Also do you need a script for it and do you know if it is available in the US?
If I'm not mistaken, the toothpaste hee talking about is called "biotene" they have a huge line of products specifically for dry mouth. I use the biotene toothpaste, the biotene mouthwash and in between I use the biotene sugarless gum for dry mouth. All in all they work EXTREMELY well, and lot of piercers use it for aftercare of piercings. Its fairly cheap, and makes a WORLD of difference ) I'm not really a recreational used, I have legit scripts for legit pain, and it does take a toll on your body. Make sure you eat a high fiber and high calcium diet, not only cause of the meds, but its a lot better for our overall. Hope this helped ;-)

Post Quality Evaluations:
helpful addition to the thread
Old 08-03-2013, 02:43

27 y/o Male from United States
yumyumgimmesome is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflame View Post
Help, whats going on with my teeth! They used to be great, but the last few months my wisdom teeth have started to crumble. Have been on oxcycontin and oxcycodone for 5 years and have just started hydromorphone. Im also on a pretty big concoction of other meds but don't take them as regularly. Any ideas? Thanks!
If you read up a little on oxycodone, (oxycontin) as in not recreationally, you'll find several excerpts that pertain To dry mouth, particularly while sleeping, and for some odd reason, calcium deficiencies. Taking care of oral hygiene while on OPES is super important, as my mother, who's on oxycodone, has been for 5 years, uses correctly as prescribed slacked a little on oral hygiene, and ended up getting an almost life threatening case of cellulitus from and infected tooth caused by the dry mouth and calcium deficiency. She almost died.

My suggested routine, (and I'm new here so I'm not sure plugging is allowed, if not please let me know) there's a line of products from "Biotene" specifically used for piercing and dry mouth. My routine is wake up, rinse first with the mouthwash, brush good with the toothpaste, a tiny rinse again, (dont forget to floss your Teef with some stripper under wear hehe) and throughout the day, chew a few pieces of the Biotene dry mouth gum. It tastes great, and works wonders. Now just to clear this up, I'm a legitimate user, and I splurge in occasion, and within a month of being on oc (before making this this routine) took a HUGE chunk out of one of my front teeth feasting a soft sandwich lol. Anyways sorry for rambling, I just dosed my oc, 2 norcos, a soma, and 1mg klonopin, p.s. I feel fucking AMAZING. If you'd like to flame me or something feel free. Best of luck to your chompers!!

yumyumgimmesome added 5 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflame View Post
Good afternoon from Australia everyone who posted a reply on this thread im very greatful. Saw my Dr yesterday & he said "Narcotic analgesics cause a dry mouth which results in teeth dying, and it happens to approx 70% of long term patients using such medications, not singularly oral use". He recommended a special toothpaste for dry mouths which he claims is very beneficial. If anyone is interested I will get the name of it , sorry I haven't got it on me right now. So inevitably im off to the dentist when I find the courage.....bad experience when I was 15 (male dentist molested me just before an extraction) Obviously I've been too afraid to EVER go again! Thanks to you all again....wish me courage please! Em

iceflame added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

P.S I apologize if I wasn't meant to mention the molestation on here. Please let me know if that was inappropriate.
The thing I've noticed about this community, is that were all technically friends and fam lol. There's even the brother on brother bickering and fighting and drama...so I'm sure you're fine, and I'm very sorry to hear about your Dr dropout dentist asshat that can't get affection anywhere else <3

Last edited by yumyumgimmesome; 08-03-2013 at 02:43. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
addicts, drug, drug addicts, drugs, dry mouth, oxycodone, oxycodone side effects, oxycontin, pain medication

Sitelinks: Information: