Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 02-09-2011, 22:25

23 y/o Male from USA - North Carolina
skyler is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How much Valium no Tolerance

How much Valium (Diazepam) would it take for someone to feel pretty good if he was to have the 2mg tablets, and how long would it take to build tolerance to this specific benzo? If he use to take all sorts of benzos all the time but he hasn't taken any in months. Any replies would be helpful, thanks.
Old 02-09-2011, 23:20
Palladium Member

43 y/o Male from England
Space Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline Medline
Points: 5,822, Level: 11 Points: 5,822, Level: 11 Points: 5,822, Level: 11
Activity: 33.9% Activity: 33.9% Activity: 33.9%
Re: How much Valium no Tolerance

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler View Post
How much Valium (Diazepam) would it take for someone to feel pretty good if he was to have the 2mg tablets, and how long would it take to build tolerance to this specific benzo? If he use to take all sorts of benzos all the time but he hasn't taken any in months. Any replies would be helpful, thanks.
Depends what you mean by "pretty good" to be honest. Valium is an anxiolytic, take a dose as prescribed and it will deal with the anxiety. Take a big dose and you'll fall asleep or wake up in the morning in jail without the vaguest idea whats gone on.

IF you are an anxiety sufferer then there can be some euphoria due to that anxiety being lifted, but thats about it. I've never understood peoples interest in benzos as a recreational drug if im honest.

4mg is the dose GENERALLY prescribed for anxiety, which is just enough to take the edge off my anxiety (this is in the UK). 10mg with no tolerance will more than likely just put you to sleep.

And remember, dont combine benzos with other CNS depressants such as alcohol, m'kay? Its dangerous.

oh p.s, there are loads of posts already about benzo dosages and experiences etc. Its good to use the search engine before posting as the answer is often here already. Just a heads up...

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very honest and informative answer.

Last edited by Space Numpty; 02-09-2011 at 23:22. Reason: for the p.s
Old 03-09-2011, 03:21

23 y/o Male from USA - North Carolina
skyler is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1

Thank You for the info and heads up. Sorry about the post. Im just going through a lot right now with losing my mother and all and I didn't want to take to much or too less so thats why I just posted and really didn't do the research on it. Thanks
Old 08-09-2011, 13:51
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

22 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Red_star is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Numpty View Post
4mg is the dose GENERALLY prescribed for anxiety, which is just enough to take the edge off my anxiety (this is in the UK). 10mg with no tolerance will more than likely just put you to sleep.
SWIM has a severe anxiety disorder, and 4mg is not generally the presacribes dose its 5mg but SWIM gets 10mg, as 5mg never did anything.

But anyway from SWIM's opinion SWIY should take about 5mg to start of with (but SWIM doubts it would do anything, but IT might as everyone is different) then increase the dose to 10mg, BUT only if you feel happy to do so!
Old 08-09-2011, 14:03
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5

SWIM would suggest 2.5 mg at a time. It takes about 45 minutes to really feel the effects of diazepam. After 45 minutes, if SWIY doesn't feel anything, then SWIY can take another 2.5 mg.

The trouble with benzos is that a person will go from sober to blacking in the course of an hour. Benzos for recreation should start at the lowest dosage possible and then work up from there.

On a side note, don't be out in public. Don't drive. Don't handle hot food or drinks. Understand that it is hard to predict the trouble one can get into when trying to use benzo for recreational purposes. SWIM had a co-worker who drove around on benzos and ended up wrecking 3 times. Lucky for the world, he only hit parked cars. But that's only one example of the stupidity that can ensue.
Old 09-09-2011, 18:05
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.
Points: 958, Level: 4 Points: 958, Level: 4 Points: 958, Level: 4
Activity: 8.6% Activity: 8.6% Activity: 8.6%

2 - 5mg should produce something noticeable if you are keen to subtlety. Although in my experience I have found Diazepam doesn't really get you high. At best you will keep taking it, feel a bit more lethargic, your inhibitions might be like that of a buzzed drinker, just without the intoxication. Your memory becomes faulty before you think your even high. You will eventually find yourself taking a pill to try to get higher than wonder if you just took a pill 10 min ago or not...then it dawns on you that you really can't remember. I use diazepam as a prescription though and have never taken more than 10mg throughout a day and most within the course of an hour was 6mg. My prescribed dose though is up to 6mg a day, so based on lack of desire and plain logic, I have never tried to see what 15mg+ doses would do - which is the tune of doses I hear lots of people who take them recreationally get to or higher.

I failed at mathematics and ended up running out of them for ~5 days till a refill (well, my math was fine, my assumptions weren't...different story though). To substitute I was able to use a few .5mg xanax pills and used a bottle of Baileys to fill a small cup time to time for anxiety. .5mg of xanax got me 'higher' than any of the valium ever did (and with less anxiety reduction). Even a very small glass of alcohol got me 'higher' than any of the valium I took. Which I guess is why I love the valium, it kills all the effects you get relief from out of other benzos/alcohol (anxiety, muscle tension, nervous habits, racing thoughts, racing heart) except it doesn't seem to come attached with a high. Thus I have found Valium to be awesome because a high doesn't come hand in hand with it's effects like most benzo's.

Anywho, didn't mean to stray off topic but to demonstrate how realistic getting high off Valium really is in comparison to other light alternatives. Yes, you will feel Valium at doses of 2 - 5mg with no tolerance. 5 - 10mg will make you pretty sleepy will no tolerance. But you honestly probably won't get much of a high if you are seeking one. I assume that is what you meant by 'feel pretty good', a high verses therapeutic use. Also, being 2+ months into my own prescription and uses the dose range I mentioned (2 - 6mg a day commonly) I still find that 2 - 4mg does a good effect. But my tolerance is always dramatically less than others, when it comes to almost every substance. But what I call a good effect, I am not sure if you would call it "feel pretty good" like you are seeking. I mean this all in a total informal way to, when I first got Valium I was expecting "okay here comes a xanax buzz probably, hope it's not too heavy for me to operate" but was surprised to learn there is almost no 'high' that comes with Valium, but it serves it's medical purpose well.

Just mah 2c

Last edited by Ellisdeee; 09-09-2011 at 18:11.
Old 09-09-2011, 18:29

Male from United States
kittytripper should review received reputation comments.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

SWIM's always taken about 10mg to start, but SWIM might have a higher tolerance than most.

SWIM would suggest the tried and true method of popping one every 20-30 minutes until the effects are desirable.
Old 10-09-2011, 14:33
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
pharmycologist is learning how to become a psychonaut.

----.05mg alprazolam = approx. 10 mg diazepam, depending on the withdrawal schedule you look at. If my friend had no tolerance to alprazolam he would take .5 or 1 mg and feel very chill...2mg of alprazolam would make my friend with no tolerance not give a FUCK, so if that's what you want then try it out. But like an above poster said maybe take half your initial dosage, and then take the rest if desired effects are not felt.

My friend says all this with a huge grain of salt!!! Be safe, benzos are very sneaky, and if you have no tolerance that means you might not know the dangers of them. They can be heavily addicting, have horrible and even deadly withdrawals that can be prolonged for months to years. Do your research, find out the tMax(maximum time for blood concentrations to reach their Maxed out point, or c<concentration>Max) for diazepam so you know how long before you need to redose. Do your homework thoroughly, doing so will most definitely pay off!!

Cheers, enjoy, be well and be safe!

Share this on:

Tags
benzo, benzodiapines, diazepam, diazepam dose, drug, euphoric, no tolerance, opiates, tolerance, tolerance to opiates, valium, vallium