Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 16:00
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United Kingdom
detoxking is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
dangers of injecting subutex/suboxone

A few years ago I was put on a subutex maintenance script, and the nurse was dumb enough to let me collect my pills weekly. I was on 12mg daily. I became obsessed with injecting the pills rather than taking them sublingually, and as a result of that, I have now get serverely damaged veins in my arms, my hands and my feet. On a cold day, or if I am tired, it is clear to see the tiny broken thread veins at the top of my skin where the blood had tried to take an alternative route and burst them. I used to put myself through so much pain trying to find veins in my hands and wrists to inject the tablets, and the pay off just wasn't worth it for me. I didn't understand the ceiling effect at the time, so I just figured the more I injected, the higher I would get. I know differently now. I sometimes worry that if my hands are that bad already, what are they gonna look like in 15 years time when old age starts to set in a little bit! I'm surprised I've still got any circulation left in my hands at all. If anyone does inject, or is considering injecting these tablets, please think twice about it. You might not notice the damage straight away; it tends to creep up on you. These days, if I ever have to go to the doctors for a blood test or anything, they always have incredible trouble finding a vein, and it can be incredibly slow and painful when they do. At 30 years old, my arms and hands look like those of a 60 year old man. These days, I just stick em under my tongue like it tells you to do on the packet. I think suboxone is crap anyway, but I'm stuck with it for now, and in the mean time its doctors orders for me from now on

Post Quality Evaluations:
A great idea for a thread, and a good warning to anyone thinking of using this roa for any drug.
Great informative thread. Kind of didn't follow the rules, in mentioning SWIM(third person). However nothing can beat advice/suggestions from someone that has fully experienced it themselves! DO NOT SHOOT SUBS! Not even worth it last time I tried.
Old 02-09-2011, 16:24
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,968, Level: 17 Points: 14,968, Level: 17 Points: 14,968, Level: 17
Activity: 18.7% Activity: 18.7% Activity: 18.7%
Re: dangers of injecting subutex/suboxone

Yeah, this will happen, cos as you found out, these are not meant to be IVd. I don't think the nurse was stupid, I think at the beginning there was possibly a level of trust between you, or she believed there was. A lot of people pick up several days worth of meds and don't abuse them. Now you appear to be using them as prescribed, so that's good love, isn't it?

But lets get back to the veins eh? Yes, I can attest that if you abuse your veins (this applies to all drugs) they can end up thrombosed. Although this does seem to depend of the level of abuse too. If you've done it for decades as I did then no amount of time will repair them. If the IV use was done for a relatively short time then yes, it is possible that they can slowly repair themselves.

It's surprising just how many veins you have left, veins that you just don't have access to, veins that you wouldn't IV in such as your groin and neck (although some do use these areas) so in the future if you need medical attention and they need healthy veins, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to find them. As far as circulatory problems, that's a "suck it and see" situation. Until you get to an age where circulatory problems could become a problem, you're just not gonna know?

So the moral of this thread is "don't IV drugs, especially pills, cos if you do you could be looking at a heap of problems in the future, quite possibly even long after you stopped using any drugs at all."

Sparkles.

important, caring advice.
Old 02-09-2011, 16:33
Silver Member

Thanks for your reply. No, you are right, the nurse wasn't stupid. I'm an addict and at the time I was in active addiction. She placed trust in me and I abused that. I have learned a lot about my behaviour since then, and being honest about my using is gonna be the key to my chance of getting a successful recovery

honest admission of denile. Exchange with Sparkles is why DF exisits.
Old 02-09-2011, 16:48
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,968, Level: 17 Points: 14,968, Level: 17 Points: 14,968, Level: 17
Activity: 18.7% Activity: 18.7% Activity: 18.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by detoxking View Post
Thanks for your reply. No, you are right, the nurse wasn't stupid. I'm an addict and at the time I was in active addiction. She placed trust in me and I abused that. I have learned a lot about my behaviour since then, and being honest about my using is gonna be the key to my chance of getting a successful recovery
You've hit the nail squarely on the head love, cos in my honest opinion (get it, honest) honesty, self honesty is the key to self awareness. And that makes for a very good start to any recovery. Yeah, we've all used and abused, after all, that's what got us in this position in the first place, right?

We start off ok, being fairly honest, just telling what we consider to be small white lies that we tell ourselves will save the feelings of others, but it doesn't end there, does it? But it's when we start lying to ourselves, telling ourselves that we really don't have a problem when we're sure that we do, that's when we're in real trouble.

Anyway, I digress. IVing drugs that were meant for another ROA (route of administration) such as pills and tablets can be the cause of more serious circulatory problems, problems such as amputation. Can you imagine how that must feel, having to have an arm or leg cut off purely cos you wanted to get high. Big price to pay for such a small pleasure, isn't it?

I'm really pleased that you decided to quit IV use before any more serious problems occurred Detoxking. I also like the idea of this thread, I think if it makes one person stop and think before starting to IV any drug, that'll be bloody awesome love. Sometimes you have to be a little brutal, you know, keep it real. It works.

Sparkles.
Old 02-09-2011, 17:00
Silver Member

I think I have been very lucky not to lose a limb; I know plenty of people who have done. And luckily, I never had to resort to going in my groin, but I don't doubt that I would have done if I hadn't managed to stop it in time. I hope you're right. I hope this thread does put someone off injecting the tablets. Coz the manufacturers idea of adding naloxone into the recipie certainly hasn't made any difference! Really hoping to be off these things soon, once and for all.

Take care
Old 13-10-2011, 19:31
Mercury Member

25 y/o Male from Earth
Skäggbiff needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Even after reading this i am still curious about injecting some subutex.. Crazy isn't it? And i snort about 2-3mg per "trip" about 24 times per year.

But i have to say that I am not 100% sure that i will do it after reading this, as i was before..

Thank you for sharing your experience and best of luck to you!
Old 07-11-2011, 02:24
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

23 y/o Male from United States
billyrafeeky is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1

It's not worth injecting subutex. I started doing it 2 months ago and just stopped 2 weeks ago because I realized that the only benefit of it is you only have to inject half of your usual dose for the same effects, but the damage to the veins just isn't worth it. You don't get a rush, so in my opinion it's not worth it. If you want to use it as efficiently as possible, either plug it (up the butt) or snort it.
Old 11-11-2011, 16:34
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from Sweden
deadich is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skäggbiff View Post
Even after reading this i am still curious about injecting some subutex.. Crazy isn't it? And i snort about 2-3mg per "trip" about 24 times per year.

But i have to say that I am not 100% sure that i will do it after reading this, as i was before..

Thank you for sharing your experience and best of luck to you!
have you ever heard of that nasty home made russian crap that makes people loose their arms and stuff(Gangrene)? You can get that from injecting these pills. So fucking not worth it, this drug sucks balls and it barely gets any better when injecting it.
Old 22-11-2011, 01:21
Silver Member

AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.
Points: 909, Level: 4 Points: 909, Level: 4 Points: 909, Level: 4

I injected my subs for a while, both the pills and the strips. I would seriously not recommend that to anyone else. If you miss a shot, you have a guaranteed abscess. And if you do not miss, you do not gain anything special. You do not get a nice warm rush like with heroin or other opiates.

I can recall injecting an 8mg strip, and felt absolutely nothing, not a damn thing. There is no advantage to shooting them, none at all. And as previous posters have said, it is terrible for your veins.

My veins are pretty fucked and I believe that the majority of the cause, was from injecting the suboxone. Every now and then I can feel my veins throbbing, and it seriously worries me.

Another poster said, who knows what will happen in 15 years... and this is very true. We do not know the long term effects of shooting subox, I have read of people losing their limbs because they injected so much, or missed the shot.

Simply put, IT IS NO WORTH INJECTING SUBS, both for health reasons and because there is no benefit.
Old 31-12-2011, 18:05
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Finland
fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.
Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltrdPercption View Post
I injected my subs for a while, both the pills and the strips. I would seriously not recommend that to anyone else. If you miss a shot, you have a guaranteed abscess. And if you do not miss, you do not gain anything special. You do not get a nice warm rush like with heroin or other opiates.
While I agree on your other points, the comment regarding guaranteed abscess... Are we specifically talking about Suboxone pills (as opposed to Subutex or Temgesic) causing it? Does Suboxone contain more dangerous fillers than Subutex? Otherwise, if we're talking about buprenorphine pills in general, including Subutex and Temgesic, your statement is highly exaggerated. It's definitely not a guaranteed abscess, that much I can say from my first-hand experiences alone.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree that shooting them is highly risky and stupid, but if it was a guaranteed abscess, mine are really good in hiding

Quote:
I can recall injecting an 8mg strip, and felt absolutely nothing, not a damn thing. There is no advantage to shooting them, none at all. And as previous posters have said, it is terrible for your veins.
Also, I'd like to point out that the people who don't feel a thing from buprenorphine are often very experienced with "hard" opiates such as heroin. Many opiate-naive persons on the other hand, such as myself, find buprenorphine highly pleasurable.

But that all being said, again, I also would advice highly against ever injecting them. It is also true that there is no "rush", although the onset IS faster than with for example sublingual or nasal ROA.
Old 31-12-2011, 18:38
Silver Member

AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.

I am talking about the suboxone tablets and films, not subutex or temgesic. When I was injecting these, any amount of liquid that was not completely registered into the vein would leave an abscess, I still have a few small ones that do not seem to want to go away. I also have friends that have had the same experience, and have one friend who lost an arm do to a missed shot of suboxone tablet (the orange hexagon ones)

If someone has no tolerance to opiates, yes buprenorphine will get them really fucked up, and can be stronger than a heroin high. However, there is no advantage to injecting them, if one cannot wait the 20-30 mins to feel it via the directed sublingual route, plug em as it is much much safer than injecting them.

The term "hard opiates" can refer to buprenorphine too, it is a very strong opioid that is easily stronger than heroin ( to a user with no tolerance )

IMO, getting high from suboxone's is just as dangerous as getting high on heroin or other "hard" opiates. I think many will also agree with me that bupe withdrawl is a lot worse than heroin wd.
Old 31-12-2011, 19:19
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Finland
fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.

Hmm, wonder, is it the naloxone then that causes the bad reaction, or do you think it's some other filler/substance? I became curious about this, would be interesting to figure out the reason for the high complication potential. I'm not familiar with the films either.

Yeah, plugging is definitely the way to go if one really requires as fast as possible onset. So much safer than IV. I wish I knew how efficient ROA it is before I wandered into the world of needles 13 years ago.
Old 31-12-2011, 20:38
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fehs View Post
Hmm, wonder, is it the naloxone then that causes the bad reaction, or do you think it's some other filler/substance? I became curious about this, would be interesting to figure out the reason for the high complication potential. I'm not familiar with the films either.

Yeah, plugging is definitely the way to go if one really requires as fast as possible onset. So much safer than IV. I wish I knew how efficient ROA it is before I wandered into the world of needles 13 years ago.
I honestly do not know exactly what causes such reactions when the suboxone brand pills/films are injected. My best guess would be the binders/fillers that are in the pills, there is a thread on here about how the pills have different weights , usually around 40mg if I remember correctly, so you have at most 8mg of suboxone, 2 mg of naloxone and the rest of that 40 mgrams is all junk that should never be injected into ones system. So with a 8mg suboxone pill, 3/4 of the pill are all binders/fillers/junk.

Plugging is for sure the best way to use (or in this case, abuse) the suboxone pills or films, I want too say that it is around 95% absorption rate via plugging and 100% via IV, IM is somewhere in between. So when stacking up the risks vs rewards, plugging is the best way too get the most out of your suboxone (as far as ROA).

The needle, is extremely hard to put down once it is picked up. I still get intense cravings/thoughts of wanting too shoot up... anything. I wish ya the best of luck fehs, and when you are ready to stop, you will be able too.

Last edited by AltrdPercption; 31-12-2011 at 20:46.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:52
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Finland

Quote:
there is a thread on here about how the pills have different weights , usually around 40mg if I remember correctly, so you have at most 8mg of suboxone, 2 mg of naloxone and the rest of that 40 mgrams is all junk that should never be injected into ones system. So with a 8mg suboxone pill, 3/4 of the pill are all binders/fillers/junk.
Yeah, the amount of bupe in the pills is percentually low, especially in Temgesic pills; I weighted a 0,2mg Temgesic pill yesterday with mg scales and the result was 60mg (+-2mg). So that's umm what, 0,33% buprenorphine and 99,66% fillers? Holy shit

Quote:
The needle, is extremely hard to put down once it is picked up. I still get intense cravings/thoughts of wanting too shoot up... anything. I wish ya the best of luck fehs, and when you are ready to stop, you will be able too.
Thank you for the kind words. The needle is largely its own addiction, at least for me. I've had about 3-4 (serious) attempts in quitting over the years but it has always ended in relapse in 3-6 months. The next time I get enough motivation, I will explore different ways to do it, I mean for example every time I've been in rehab it's been the same center, I should seek other places as well, especially since the last time I was there it was horrible. Many horrible people (of which many secretly do dope there because they haven't come there based on their own motivation, rather someone has forced them there), treatment model that doesn't really fit me etc.

Last edited by fehs; 01-01-2012 at 09:59.
Old 15-09-2012, 21:32

Male from United States
OneEleven is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

There are definite dangers in injecting Subutex in my experience.
I've been on Subs for years, and only tried injection a couple of times, at first. I felt little difference in effects, so thought it was a waste of time.
Recently though, I met someone who really enjoyed IV subs, so I gave it another shot. To my surprise, I DID get a rush from it. The onset was slower, but it was w/o a doubt a real and very pleasant rush!
(usual dose was only 2mg oral daily, but used 8mg iv)
After that, I began IV'ing them daily, the rush disappeared after the 3rd time, but continued to chase it. Of course the regular damage to veins occurred, but one day BAD THINGS started to happen.

I began getting small blisters on my hands, over 100 of them. Most were on one hand and on the middle finger and palm. These are deep clusters of blisters mixed with superficial ones, and now my hands look like some sort of weird sex toy. The superficial ones will break and leak fluid when I do everyday actions, such as opening a door. It's embarrassing, and can't hide them. I've been refusing shaking hands with people in fear of leaking all over them, so now I come off like a jerk as well.

It turns out, the new pharmacy I went to provided me with different generic Subutex than i usually would get. The new generics have talc as a binder instead of corn starch. Talc isn't water soluble like the corn starch, so the body has a much harder time dealing with eliminating it.
So all of these little blisters are particles of talc that are irritating skin tissue. If my hands are this deformed, would hate to see my lungs! All this happened from injecting the talc binder pills only twice. And even after filtering it through stacks of cotton.

It's approaching the two week mark since the blisters developed, and there doesn't seem to be much improvement. I'm hoping this isn't permanent.

I've been using opiates for over 15 years, and by far, shooting pills has been the most destructive on my immediate health.

BE MORE AWARE OF WHAT YOU PUT INTO YOUR BODY THAN I WAS!!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:53

26 y/o Male from United States
dr3311 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

suboxone tells you right on the insert in the box that it can cause abcesses. and thats while taking it sublingually. so i wouldnt be surprised if a missed shot resulted in an abcess at least 50 percent of the time. my cat has been on subs for like 6 years and nevre once injected them. if he feels like shooting up i just sell some subs and get some dope. the only bad thing is that suboxone is so strong i need to do at least 5 bags at once to get a nice rush, preferably 8. and thats after months with no heroin.

Share this on:

Tags
buprenex, collapsed veins, injecting suboxone, injecting subutex, mephedrone, opioid, opioid addiction, opioid dependency, temgesic