Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 02-09-2011, 15:27

65 y/o Male from United States
rhodeye should review received reputation comments.
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
vomiting with kratom

Hello, is it unusual to have trouble with vomiting when you drink about 1 rounded teaspoon mixed with cool water(not heated in a tea).Swim has been having this trouble fairly often.Swim is worried there might be lead or something in the powder.Thank you

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please explain why you think there would be Lead in kratom?
Old 02-09-2011, 15:54
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
postimmortal is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2
Re: vomiting with kratom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodeye View Post
Hello, is it unusual to have trouble with vomiting when you drink about 1 rounded teaspoon mixed with cool water(not heated in a tea).Swim has been having this trouble fairly often.Swim is worried there might be lead or something in the powder.Thank you
What kind/type of kratom does swim use? Nausea and vomiting are a common side effect of kratom, but it shouldn't be a problem if the dosage is right. You say swim has been having this problem often.. How long has swim used kratom? Did this just recently start, or has it been a problem in the past?

Good point that nausea is most likely dose related.
Old 02-09-2011, 16:21
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodeye View Post
I have taken as much as 6 grams at one time without getting ill. I wouldn't take it on an empty stomach though. If you get your kratom at a reputable source, it probably doesn't contain lead.

In reply to the reputation comment, I have never heard of kratom containing lead. I was discussing rhodeye's comment. To clarify, if you buy kratom from a reputable source, it should not contain anything other than kratom.

If you have ever heard of kratom containing Lead please expand.

Last edited by alienesseINspace; 11-06-2012 at 21:26. Reason: clarification
Old 02-09-2011, 16:49
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Male from United Kingdom
TSBl0l is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienesseINspace View Post
I have taken as much as 6 grams at one time without getting ill. I wouldn't take it on an empty stomach though. If you get your kratom at a reputable source, it probably doesn't contain lead.

First, you say "as much as 6 grams" as if that is a hefty dose...which it is not. The OP said he/she took a rounded teaspoon, which is anywhere from 3-4g (usually). You should not get negative side effects to the extent of vomiting from that small of a dose, instead I might just think your stomach can't handle the plant material or you just have a sensitive stomach.

Second, don't listen to alienesseINspace, Kratom SHOULD be taken on an empty stomach if you want to get full effects and not waste the kratom you purchased. But like I mentioned before, your stomach may be sensitive to kratom so I suggest looking into the various recipes for Kratom tea that can be found on this board. This will allow you to get the benefits of Kratom without having to ingest the leaf. But just like ingesting the leaf, you should drink the tea on an empty stomach.

confrontational knowitallism
Old 02-09-2011, 17:20
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSBl0l View Post
Second, don't listen to alienesseINspace, Kratom SHOULD be taken on an empty stomach if you want to get full effects and not waste the kratom you purchased. But like I mentioned before, your stomach may be sensitive to kratom so I suggest looking into the various recipes for Kratom tea that can be found on this board. This will allow you to get the benefits of Kratom without having to ingest the leaf. But just like ingesting the leaf, you should drink the tea on an empty stomach.
If someone cannot keep the plant matter down, food is a good anchor... opiates and opioids are hard on the stomach for a lot of people. I've taken kratom on an empty stomach and have almost thrown up. It is not pleasant. If I compromise some of the plant's effects with food, that is okay with me. Being sick defeats the purpose.

Good "de-escalating" post...
Good suggestion, food can help.
Old 02-09-2011, 18:44
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,833, Level: 21 Points: 21,833, Level: 21 Points: 21,833, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

A lot of people get sick after taking Kratom, its nothing to worry about and it is not an indication that your Kratom is contaminated.
I have no idea why out of any possible contaminent you chose lead? Is this something that has been seen before?

Some people have sensitive stomachs, some people just find Kratom to be nauseating. Not everone can stomach several grams of dried plant material, espicially if they are not used to eating anything similiar.

I go through stages where i have to rotate or completly change the way i take kratom because i get sick. I could stomach a tea made from many many grams but if i try to toss and wash more than a gram it comes straight back up. In my case its more down to thinking im going to get sick as soon as i feel the powder, and sometimes i get sick before its even in my mouth.

Maybe you should try a different method of taking kratom. Perhaps making a tea and straining out the plant material will help.
If it is just the kratom in general then you might find the naseua can be reduced by using something like pepermint capsules or ginger.

Eating something before taking it might also help, it tends settle a lot better after a light meal.

ianzombie added 9 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSBl0l View Post
First, you say "as much as 6 grams" as if that is a hefty dose...which it is not.
6 grams is a strong dose for most people new to kratom, espicially if they have no experience with opiates. Telling people it is not will lead to people taking more than they need to.

If you start of taking larger doses of kratom you soon find that you need more to get the same effects, its best to start with as little as possible. A lot of people find that with Kratom 'less is more' and while i used to think that was stupid i now totally agree.

Quote:
Second, don't listen to alienesseINspace, Kratom SHOULD be taken on an empty stomach if you want to get full effects and not waste the kratom you purchased.
Apart from being very rude it is also very presumptious.
Most people i know that use Kratom do so for pain managment or because they are trying to taper from stronger drugs. In both cases most people are not taking kratom to catch a buzz, and if the OP is using kratom to help with pain then it is not necessary to eat it on an empty stomach.

I know a few cancer patients that use kratom and due to the medications and treatment they take they find it hard to stomach regular food let alone dried plant material.

Even if the op is using kratom recreationally then a suggestion that they eat a little before taking it so as to try and deal with the problem of getting sick is a good one.
A weaker effect is far less wastefull than puking up all the kratom.

Good clarification and correction of some of the misinformation here

Last edited by ianzombie; 02-09-2011 at 18:46. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-09-2011, 19:20

Thank you all for your answers.Swim has been been using it about 3 times a day for a few months now.A very light meal might help.Worth a try.
Old 02-09-2011, 19:43
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Are you actually getting it down when you vomit or is this a reaction to the texture/taste of the mix (you trigger gag reflux when the mix hits the back of your throat)?

Good question, many people do not even manage to ingest the kratom.
Old 02-09-2011, 22:43

yes,It goes all the way down.Most of the time i don't vomit .
Old 02-09-2011, 23:10
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Unique to one batch? Constipated at all?

If this has only happened with one batch then you might want to get another one and set that off to the side to determine if it is only that batch that makes you throw up.

Severe constipation (which is particularly heavy from my experience) can cause you to vomit because you are "clogged up". Try clearing that out with an enema (mineral oil followed by saline enema works the best as the mineral oil can clear out fecal impaction).

Was it on a increase in dosage when this started to happen? Perhaps you've just reached your limit.
Old 03-09-2011, 00:01
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Male from United Kingdom
TSBl0l is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
Apart from being very rude it is also very presumptious.
Most people i know that use Kratom do so for pain managment or because they are trying to taper from stronger drugs. In both cases most people are not taking kratom to catch a buzz, and if the OP is using kratom to help with pain then it is not necessary to eat it on an empty stomach.
You're right, and I didn't mean for it to come off that way. I should have worded it better.

I apologize.

That's how it's done. I'm impressed.
wow. don't see comments like this too often...
Old 22-12-2011, 01:49
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienesseINspace View Post
opiates and opioids are hard on the stomach for a lot of people. I've taken kratom on an empty stomach and have almost thrown up.
Yes, first time this very evening (hence looking here to see if others had nausea), couple hundred mg held under tongue for a while, 10 minutes later slight nausea like very mild sea-sickness. Many people experience nausea with even small amounts of codeine; of course codeine was replaced by the much easier-to-handle hydrocodone, thank goddess, but even then there are ppl who puke from it.

Y'all talk about really large amounts of everything consumed by the people you meet in church... Am thankful that my swami is so sensitive to things, makes a little go a long way.
Old 10-01-2012, 14:30

Male from United States
greenwood is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

SWIM has experienced this problem before also. For him, it was handled by taking an antihistimine first, waiting a short time, then taking the kratom mixed with lemonade. This was done on a mostly empty stomach, and followed immediately with a cracker or two.

Next begin sipping cola to keep the taste down. Tolerance has probably helped him too.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:36
Silver Member

Male from United States
Zerix is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Wow.. from 1 teaspoon, impossible... SWIY must take an antacid, and preferably be on a semi-empty stomach, a big mistake is consuming kratom on a hungry empty stomach!! And definitely mix in with juice since SWIY can't handle water (weird...) .. SWIM only experienced throwing up once... and that's when he took TOO much.
Old 16-01-2012, 19:14
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.

Zerix, Swami wishes he had read your post before trying 2 tsp orally on an empty stomach last night. Horrible nausea combined with a great feeling; after the nausea wore off, it was a good experience for him, but he definitely won't try it again without having some food in the tummy.
Old 22-01-2012, 15:19
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United States
JfromM is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1

scanned through the thread quickly, apologies if this has already been posted.

The main reason for nausea from kratom: high stem and vein content.

Contrary to what many are lead to believe, most kratom on the market is "whole grind" which includes ground up stem in vein (when buying powder). While whole ground does offer the most well rounded aroma, stem and vein IS responsible for the nausea associated with kratom. This doesn't happen to everyone, but to some it's awful. Ways to avoid this are to:

*purchase triple sifted kratom or what some call "sans stem and vein"

*purchase crushed leaf kratom, grind it yourself (most coffee grinders work fine, the krups brand in particular). After grinding, sift the powder through a fine sieve or some kind of mesh (a kief screen works well). If done correctly, you should end up with fine powder that's just leaf, and a pile of stem and vein, which can be ground up further to use on it's own (if you can stomach it)

Now, if you're sensitive to stem and vein stomach wise, throw out the stem and vein material, or send it to a friend that's not.

Not many people realize this, but stem and vein on it's own still offers great analgesic effects, and helps to lower tolerance if used by itself for a few days or more. It's also a great tool to use if and when tapering.

Regards

This is simply not true, as the many people who actually use stem and vein powder can contend. If it was the main reason people who used it would be very sick.
Old 27-01-2012, 02:16
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United States
Jack Handy is an unknown quantity at this point

I found that when taking kratom on an empty stomach, it hits me too hard. Its very strong. AND the duration of the effects dont last very long. Taken with light food such as fruit, it can last longer and not hit you like a hammer and be overwhelming and unpleasant. After you start to feel it nicely, go ahead and eat some more food and it will be more pleasant. Ive never gotten sick from it so I dont know about that.
Old 31-01-2012, 07:18
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
no eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way up
Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3

I always take kratom in capsules and that definitely makes it easier to get them down. Years ago I tried eating straight leaf/powder and washing it down - this ended with me puking from the texture alone. The caps solved that problem, tea also works well for avoiding this initial nausea.

It's important to remember that kratom is an opiate, and in high doses it's going to make you throw up. Back when I was doing oxymorphone a lot I would throw up almost on cue 30 minutes after dosing... then go back to feeling lovely.

Kratom is similar, although it takes a lot longer to hit you so the nausea is delayed. My usual dose is around 20g of powdered Thai leaf (please don't take that much unless you already know what to expect for your own safety)... around 2 hours in I usually start feeling the histamine side-effects and the nausea. Around half the time I end up throwing up a couple times at that point - by then the kratom has left my stomach for the most part, but my puke does taste like kratom which could be very unpleasant for some people. After getting whatever is left in my stomach up the nausea usually goes away. Overall I do enjoy the experience, and it is one of the last recreational drugs that I have yet to ban myself from using.

I simply consider nausea part of the game of abusing an opiate. Is it worth it? Well, that's for you to decide.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:31

22 y/o Male from United States
bill23138 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I simply consider nausea part of the game of abusing an opiate. Is it worth it? Well, that's for you to decide.[/QUOTE]

i agree brosif but its just that kratom is imo the nastiest drug besides phenibut that swim have ever tried and alot of people throw up on kratom

Please clarify what you mean by Nastiest. Tasting?
Old 07-05-2012, 19:31
Silver Member

Male from United States
lithilium is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Try it on an empty stomach, or with a little meal 2 hours before.

SWIM never has a problem with his bali kratom. Never feels nausea. The only time I've puked is when I took 14 grams in an afternoon, then ate some greasy food. Very stupid of me. Maybe I'm just different, but the plant never nauseates me. Not even the taste when I drink the powder in water.
Old 08-05-2012, 18:13
Titanium Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill23138 View Post
...kratom is imo the nastiest drug besides phenibut that swim have ever tried
What is nasty to you about kratom and phenibut? I'm curious if you're referring to taste, main effects (the so-called buzz), side effects, addictive potential, long term damage, etc. I've seen a lot of posts about kratom causing nausea (short term side effect) and addiction, and phenibut causing addiction and horrible withdrawal, but aside from these issues I can't imagine putting either of them at the top of the "nasty" list.
Old 11-05-2012, 15:23
Silver Member

Female from Earth
raek is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 144, Level: 1 Points: 144, Level: 1 Points: 144, Level: 1
Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9%

Try adjusting eating. I personally puke if I've eaten less than 5 hours before taking, and also anytime in the 4 hours after taking (although sometimes I can't eat even the next day, the nausea will hit only after eating). Other people find it better to eat before kratom... But I've found this to be the most important factor in kratom and vomiting along with lower dosages
Old 11-05-2012, 20:54
Silver Member

Female from United States
jamajessie is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1

Panda is a recovering Kratom addict. Panda remembers she sometimes would get the wobbly eyes, then the nausea brought on by the taste and the smell. Still Panda would toss on knowing it would make her sick. Panda has been done with Kratom for a while now. Panda said no more. When Panda thinks of Kratom now, it makes Panda wanna barf.
Old 18-05-2012, 02:02
Silver Member

Male from United States
Elphantwalker is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

To eat or not to eat....

In SWIM's 6 years of experience with kratom, he found that greasy food and high quality beer always interact poorly with kratom. In general, SWIM takes 5-7 grams of Bali at a time once or twice a week.

SWIM will ALWAYS vomit kratom tea, powder, capsules, jello-shots or othe concoctions of kratom if there is anything greasy in SWIM's stomach. By greasy, SWIM means KFC, Pizza Hut, etc. Not sure if there is a scientific explanation for this but I can safely report that if SWIM has eaten anything greasy within a couple hours before taking kratom that it will come up.

SWIM does better with things like fruits or salads in the stomach before taking kratom, but for the most part, SWIM finds that taking it on an empty stomach and waiting an hour or two to eat is the best way to avoid throwing up.

Beer is another thing that causes SWIM to vomit when taken with kratom, but only very specific beers. In fact, only European beers -- Stella, Guinness, Bodington's and a few classier American beers (i.e. Shiner, Blue Moon, Abita) when used to wash down kratom make SWIM vomit. American beers in the Adolph Coors family of beers (Coors Light, Keystone Light, etc.) do not cause SWIM to vomit when taken with kratom and take a little of the edge off. All Anheuser-Busch beers make SWIM vomit regardless of whether there is kratom taken with it -- SWIM suspects he has an allergy to something in AB beers that is not found in AC beers.

That's SWIM's two-cents on food, drink, and kratom. Go forth and do what thou wilt.

Some interesting personal experiences with kratom and its interactions with specific food and drink. Thanks for sharing.
Old 22-05-2012, 22:36
Banned

27 y/o Male from United States
DoctorGnarfsatchel needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

My friend threw up both times he ingested UEI. This was most likely due to a bad batch because of god knows what, but it went down the toilet. UEI has not done this to him since, thankfully. Lead sounds a little bit far-fetched, but honestly man who the hell knows what kind of pesticides and other trash they use when cultivating this stuff... That would be interesting to have some insight on.

Share this on:

Tags
7-hydroxymitragynine, analgesic, kratom dose, kratom information, mitragyna speciosa, mitragynine, mitraphylline, opiates, using kratom