Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Adderall
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 06:02
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
Christian1122 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 326, Level: 2 Points: 326, Level: 2 Points: 326, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How do you feel when coming down?

My friend was just curious what other people feel like when coming down off a good day of adderall use. The nitty gritty details if you don't mind. Might be interesting to compare. Also include the dosage.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:08
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
tweek411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Re: How do you feel when coming down?

Right now swim is coming down off a 350 MG Vyvanse binge............Swim cant even describe. Just a zombie feeling. The whole amphetamine high a rollercoaster lol. Swims vision gets very very and he gets minor hallucinations/tracers. Swim has been up for around 35 hours and ingested around 350 mg of vyvanse. SWIM feels very zombie during comedown. Just like wow the high is gone...........well this sucks......lol. Amphetamine wrecks havic on swims body to and causes stange BO And seems to just mess up SWIM uhhhh with his balance lol. Amphetamine odor as they call it? very hard to explain its a chemical odd smell.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:36
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian1122 View Post
My friend was just curious what other people feel like when coming down off a good day of adderall use. The nitty gritty details if you don't mind. Might be interesting to compare. Also include the dosage.
My parrot's biggest problem with coming down from adderall is that he never wants to. A few weeks ago, his friend, a lizard, gave him 90 mg of adderall. My parrot thought he could just do a little bit. The parrot likes to administer adderall via snorting. Well, as predicted, the parrot went ahead and stayed up around 30 hours until all of it was snorted. He realized that he has a problem with stimulants and if they are around, he will most likely do them.

Anyhow, after he ran out of adderall, he got panicky. He thought about how he could obtain more stimulants. He even considered bath salts for a few minutes before deciding to try to come down and deal with it. The first couple hours, he couldn't concentrate on any one task. He decided to take a relatively long shower in cool water. After the shower, he didn't feel the effects of adderall anymore, but he couldn't sleep. He took 4 mg of lorazepam and 9 mg of melatonin. He made himself eat something as well. While high, the parrot forgot all about food and water. After about 2 hours, he was feeling a lot better and actually nearly ready for sleep. He ended up taking another 2 mg of lorazepam a little later because he still couldn't sleep.

The parrot told me to tell SWIY that 6 mg of lorazepam is a lot to take in one sitting but my parrot has been on benzos medically for years.

My parrot said the best way to deal with coming down is to consume a couple glasses of water slowly and then go to sleep if at all possible.
Old 02-09-2011, 16:30
researcher

22 y/o Male from United States
Dashneo is an unknown quantity at this point

It sucks. Especially if you take a lot of adderall. You love he euphoria and you usually feel like "nooo! I don want the euphoria to leave!" this makes some people depressed.
My guinea pig is surprised that nobody has said this yet but he likes to smoke some green when he's coming down. His stomach feels weird because he hasn't eaten in a long time, this usually makes him feel sick and not want to eat. The weed helps with eating and it also helps keep him from taking more adderall and from getting addicted. Eventually he will crash and fall asleep from the weed

Post Quality Evaluations:
so true weed n amphetamine is THE best combo
This is a true statement! Weed always keeps my robot from re-dosing by keeping him super euphoric, and than once the amazing amp+weed euphoria goes away. He just goes straight to bed!

Last edited by Dashneo; 02-09-2011 at 16:36. Reason: Forgot to answer the OP's question
Old 03-09-2011, 03:54
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
Christian1122 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 326, Level: 2 Points: 326, Level: 2 Points: 326, Level: 2

Smoking herbs now makes my friend feel like he is going to die almost every time. Its terrible. When on adderall that is.

Last edited by Christian1122; 03-09-2011 at 04:00.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:57
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
sinnerek21 is learning how to become a psychonaut.

When SWIM is coming down he doesn't feel like taking anything else other than more speed.. It's such a cruel feeling when euphoria is leaving.

Swim would recommend taking codeine or hydrocodone when you're coming down.. It takes the edge off really well, makes you feel just fine and takes the cravings away.
Old 08-09-2011, 00:10

23 y/o Female from United States
SkittleBaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

My friend Giggles is finally starting to come down from 3 days binge, 8 30mg (which isn't that bad) and 5 200mg NoDoz(which is never a good idea, unless you want to feel like your having a heart attack every time you sit up!) She started getting some pretty distracting visuals about 4 or 5 hours ago and her body is physically like exhausted, but her eyes are wide open. The worst part about coming down is knowing she doesn't have any! She also gets this nasty taste in her mouth from her teeth finally not grinding, and her cognitive skills are basically out the window lol
Old 17-09-2011, 22:18
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
freqfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1

No comedowns whatsoever if you're boosting your ATP/Mitochondria guys. That's your cellular energy; what Addy wrecks havoc on. If you're eating every 3 hours with a good combo of protein/complex carbs while limiting fat intake you're in for a long, healthy amp ride. Through in some good fats toward the end (Avocados, Almonds, ALA:GLA) along with a nice piece of halibut to boost your tryptophan/tyrosine levels. End off the night with PQQ and Ubiquinol and you're set.

Reasonable advice, it's amazing how much eating properly can alieviate negative side effects
Old 18-09-2011, 00:43

23 y/o Female from United States
-Vertigo- is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnerek21 View Post
When SWIM is coming down he doesn't feel like taking anything else other than more speed.. It's such a cruel feeling when euphoria is leaving.

Swim would recommend taking codeine or hydrocodone when you're coming down.. It takes the edge off really well, makes you feel just fine and takes the cravings away.

SWIM agrees, the come down hits her very hard, she has to really fight to not take more - even at 1am when she knows doing so would be awful. SWIM has been diagnosed with Major Depression(among a laundry list of other things) and if she goes through an episode of that, the feeling is more that she has completely lost interest in everything and can't find the joy or inspiration in life at all, it's kind of like a constant dull ache - come downs are more drastic, a gaping wound compared to a dull ache - she feels like she'll never be happy again when she crashes hard. She knows though, that this is of course, not true and is just her body withdrawing.

SWIM also feels nauseous, probably from not eating, her body physically aches(only if she's coming off a binge, which is pretty often and usually involves a night or three without any sleep whatsoever), she's says that she can practically feel the bags forming under her eyes. She gets moody, and very irritable - when it's a hard come down, she can't talk to anyone without getting irritated. The depression is sometimes unbearable - if she has something to help her get to sleep(or even some nyquil) she will take that and can only hope to sleep through the night so that she can simply wake up and take her adderall again in the morning.

Last night SWIM crashed after a two day binge and a VERY busy week(which compounded the exhaustion, obviously) towards the end of her shift at work(she is a waitress), she took the subway home at about 9pm and for some reason opted to get off two stops early and walk about 20 blocks home. She felt like she practically staggered home. When she got home she was too tired to go out and simply fell asleep - which was kind of nice.
Old 24-09-2011, 09:36

22 y/o Female from United States
Squeak! is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

SWIM gets extremely depressed, then angry, and lastly feels guilt. When she realizes the euphoria is wearing off she craves more but then gets sad when realizes it's time to stop. Then when she can't fall asleep for hours after the euphoria and her boyfriend is easily passed out she seems to get agitated and angry. Somewhat a jealousy and paranoia. Hard to explain she says. Lastly, after throwing a huge fit and having an argument (a couple coming off of adderall isn't pretty) she feels large amounts of guilty and self pity until she falls asleep.

SWIM never has bad comedowns or craves anything other than when she uses adderall.
Old 24-09-2011, 10:50
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
drugs_bunny is an unknown quantity at this point

bunny knows this is not about cocaine but the two drugs at least have SOME similar traits..for example..adderalls rare in the UK but with every coke comedown bunny has had hes had access to as he is scripted oxynorm and oxycontin...with coke buny gets a WICKED NASTY comedown..shakes anxiety craving for more..once a few 20mg oxynorm are popped the craving for stims goes very quickly..not saying its always wise to load up with MORE drugs but its an extreme 'last resort' tactic when dealing with a bitch of a comedown...and I imagine most DF'ers here know what a coke binge comedown is like right?
Old 29-10-2011, 20:26

Male from United States
Garuccio is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

Swims been comming down off of 160mg addy XR. He felt like shit haha. Absolutely no motivation to do anything, didn't want to do anything, but not do nothing at the same time. Its uncomfortable and he hasn't eaten in over a day but hes not hungry at all. Haha he wants more.... that would help.
Old 12-01-2012, 15:52
Silver Member

Female from United States
AdderallAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

My friend craves chocolate when she's coming down! It's a bit strange, but it's probably because she deprives herself from eating much when she's on it. It's something to look forward to. Even if her high was coming to an end, there was always chocolate. Haha.
Old 13-01-2012, 09:06

26 y/o Male from United States
HoPhEaD is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Swim feels like he never wants to stop, but knows he has to. He knows it's over and feels strung out, but always stays up reading random shit all day until he reaches his normal sleeping time.
Old 17-04-2012, 05:22

Male from United States
gman7104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1

i used to like the comedown, i was beat but felt the satisfaction of a great time. Now it puts me into a somewhat manic state for up to a week and thats why I barely do it anymore
Old 17-04-2012, 06:05
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Female from United States
Megan288 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

always guilty, always grieving, a little paranoid, suspicious, strange, scared, bad, failure, a little heart broken. Mainly guilty.
Old 18-04-2012, 09:06

Male from United States
gman7104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdderallAngel View Post
My friend craves chocolate when she's coming down! It's a bit strange, but it's probably because she deprives herself from eating much when she's on it. It's something to look forward to. Even if her high was coming to an end, there was always chocolate. Haha.
I always believed chocolate is great for the comedown. It contains phenethylamine a natural alkaloid that has similar effects as amphetamine. It is not very noticeable when eating chocolate sober because MAOI'S break down phenethylamine before it gets to your brain, but since amp. is an MAOI it allows it to reach your brain
Old 06-05-2012, 15:39
Silver Member

lady_reason4rhyme is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

When I would take Adderall 20 IR, I would get super tweaky for a few hours and once it wore off I'd get really depressed and feel like shit and have no motivation to do anything. I'm on Adderall 15 XR now and it's much smoother. I just take it once in the morning and don't have to worry about taking another pill later on. I don't get tweaky on it like I would on IR. When the XR wears off after 10-12 hours, I just can't focus that well but I don't get depressed from it. The XR actually helps with my depression since it lasts all day and I don't even notice a come down.

For relating kindly, pointing out suggestions to shift the addiction profile of Rx Amphetamines to be easier to handle on a comedown, thus being less addictive.
two stars for your post, you have laid it out pretty clear
Old 06-05-2012, 20:06

Male from United States
Eddievanter is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

Responses to this are a bit ridiculous....when swim takes a *reasonable* amount (under 70mg roughly) the comedown is slow and not jarring. No physical effects, just simply a desire to stay in that state forever. In swim's opinion experimenting with large amounts of adderall is not a good idea...

ps if one forces oneself to eat while on it, it will severely lessen the comedown. Swim theorizes that coming off the amphetamine with little calories to burn starves the brain of energy much more than simply coming off the amphetamine...
Old 06-05-2012, 20:59
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Kev 94 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2

Nowaydays swim dosent notice shitty comedowns but he hates when the say amphet wares off and he still cant sleep but nowadays he usually has done a least a couple off days on it and needs it sleep plus he try to find a bag (heroin) or two. Lucky enough he cant afford a smack habit but it usually dosent run like that. Blurry eyes and things out the corner of his eyes sometimes come but he tries to buzz of them.

When his brain goes scatty and people start to notice vary rare but thinking of the past and his eyes used to stare and people used to comment but back then the speed was a lot better and the comedowns used to send swim insane he would lose his mind and before smack came on the scene pints of Guniess at the local would try to help matters better all but the staring eyes and with the good phet in his system he could drink like f^&k.

Never take smack for comedowns or you really will start to rely on it and never rely on heroin for it lets you know when its not there!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 21:20
Silver Member

Female from United Kingdom
laurajones is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 208, Level: 2 Points: 208, Level: 2 Points: 208, Level: 2
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

As if everything is inadequate, rubbish, not good enough, nothing is worth talking about, nothing worth considering, no one you can be bothered to talk to. Nothing is as good as it was, everything loses its meaning, the world is just.........flat, and you are flat, to sum up, like shit, literally even. This is normal right? But, this prescription stuff people seem to take, is it as strong as normal uppers? I doubt it but never taken it. Are you people in Canada, Aus or the US? In the UK they don't give us this stuff at all! O.o
Old 09-05-2012, 17:13

ralphmom31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

hey, I try to remind myself to sleep a little, everyday/night. this helps 2 ways.... first you can remind yourself that tomorrow you can start all over again, plus you save enough to get high again, cuz you need that much there.
I always have a co-pilot, or drug babysitter, cuz I have a tendency to have bad trips.
I do not get the OMG I'm not going to have anymore, I got the pills to get high and that's what they are there for. I know coming down is going to suk, but we all have to come down, so ride the wave.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:41
Titanium Member

23 y/o Male from United States
elementality0x is captain of the psychonauts.elementality0x is captain of the psychonauts.elementality0x is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 408, Level: 3 Points: 408, Level: 3 Points: 408, Level: 3
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Coming down off adderall usually leaves Linx's body feeling drained, wasted, and sore. He is usually a bit more irratable and just sort of feels like shit. Linx is currently coming down off 120mg of XR, it's been 12hrs since he dosed and he feels a combination of still being twacked out while also feeling drained and is goes in and out of focusing on things that he is workin on. This will last throughout tomorrow and there is little chance that sleep will be possible tonight. Linx usually doesn't sleep after a proper adderall dose. Fortunately, dosing upon normal waking hours usually does the trick of warding off the comedown for the next day.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:10
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
Salt is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1

My cat apparently has an easily-built tolerance to Adderall and had to keep upping the dose to get the associated euphoria that my cat once got off of only 30mgs of XR. Because of this, my cat has pretty horrible crashes and this exaggerates my cat's derealization issue (Google it). This is in addition to becoming easily lightheaded and having a terrible headache while still having problems sleeping.

It really varies from cat to cat, my cat's experiences may be much different than your cat's so just don't let your cat overdose and all will be well.

Also my cat still has a pretty bad crash even at only 75mgs XR when the euphoria isn't all that great.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:30
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from United States
makin is on the way upmakin is on the way upmakin is on the way upmakin is on the way up
Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I never come down don't do more then prescribed or if your not prescribed try to keep it around 60-75 mg daily. I take a 30 ir twice a day usually 30 minutes after I wake up and around 4 hours after that then I function well during the day and sleep for around 5-6 hours and do it again.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall comedown, coke, euphoria, lorazepam, stimulant, withdrawals