Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 09-03-2006, 06:50
AKA Miss Methylene

26 y/o
pharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way up
Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
An introduction to temazepam

Temazepam is a benzodiazepine-derivative marketed under the name Restoril and used for short-term treatment of insomnia. Temazepam is an active metabolite of diazepam, and is half as potent. Like other benzodiazepines, temazepam has anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, myorelaxant, and sedative properties. It's half-life is somewhat short (t1/2 = 10-20 hrs), onset of action is rapid, and duration of effects last 6-8 hours. It's one of the more addictive benzodiazepines due to it's short action. Along with alprazolam and triazolam, temazepam has been associated with several fatalities which indicates greater acute toxicity.

Temazepam passes across the placenta and is excreted in breast milk. Abuse of temazepam by pregnant women can cause withdrawl symptoms to occur in the infant. Breast-feeding can cause lethargy and poor feeding when practiced by a nursing mother who takes temazepam.

The chemical name of temazepam is 7-chloro-1,3-dihydro-3-hydroxy-1-methyl-5-phenyl- -1,4-benzodiazepin-2-one. It's molecular formula is C16H13ClN2O2, and it's molecular weight is 300.7. Temazepam occurs as a white to off-white crystalline solid, practically insoluble to very slightly soluble in water; sparingly soluble in alcohol; and freely soluble in dichloromethane. It's odourless or almost odourless and is affected by light.

Temazepam applications are limited to use as a hypnotic. It isn't usually prescribed as an "off-label" remedy. To prevent widespread abuse of temazepam, doctors are cautious towards over-prescribing it. For this reason temazepam is rarely sold on the black market. Alprazolam (Xanax), clonazepam (Klonopin), lorazepam (Ativan), and diazepam (Valium) are much more common. An interesting epidemic of intraveinous temazepam abuse occured in the UK several years ago. There use to be a gel-cap preparation of temazepam available that could be melted down to a liquid and injected. Doing so resulted in an alcohol-like intoxication. But insoluble particles found in the liquid were quick to block a user's arteries and gangrene resulting in amputation was common. Finally, manufacture and sale of the gel-cap was discontinued and gelatin capsules filled with powder replaced them.
Old 09-03-2006, 21:50
Banned

30 y/o
Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Thats very interesting, i have never heard of Temazepam until now. I will be looking into this subject and experimenting with it when i get a chance.
Old 09-03-2006, 23:41
Gold Member

29 y/o Male from United States
jduba is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2
It is by far the best benzo! the reason for the issues of shooting up w/ the gel caps some part of the gel was re"solidifying or gelling up in there viens causing ulcers and gangrene(more so and finger are usually amputated). i read on some google search so just google IV temazepam kinda just said whats mostly been said. my bad
Old 10-03-2006, 00:21
Banned

30 y/o
What does this benzo feel like? the usual benzo feeling?
Old 10-03-2006, 03:20
AKA Miss Methylene

26 y/o
pharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way up
Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4
Temazepam has the classic benzodiazepine properties; anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, myorelaxant, and sedative effects are all present. In that sense, temazepam feels like your average benzodiazepine. But there is something special about temazepam. It's considered to be one of strongest and most addictive benzodiazepines. Unlike many other benzos, temazepam has powerful anxiolytic, hypnotic, anticonvulsant and myorelaxant properties instead of just having a couple of powerful properties.
Temazepam has certain pharmacokinetic properties of absorption, distribution, elimination, and clearance that make it more apt to abuse.

Temazepam is just a downright euphoric tranquilizer/sedative/hypnotic/muscle relaxant
Old 10-03-2006, 21:42
Banned

30 y/o
oh ok....cooool
Old 11-03-2006, 07:56
Gold Member

29 y/o Male from United States
jduba is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2
like i said here or in another post some ppl love it others see no real significant effect. Swim loves T! It calms, relaxes, slows thought, and good body high! but like i said result vary
Old 24-03-2006, 22:50
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
dr.gonzo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 189, Level: 2 Points: 189, Level: 2 Points: 189, Level: 2
Cool, I'm not the only one. Swim loves taking Temazepam while getting drunk, or with opiates. But it is still great by itself.
Old 25-03-2006, 23:22
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
calmascanbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Benezenrings- I tried to send you a private message ,but it was full. I came across 10x30mg. of temazepam and being a temazepam virgin I would like your oppinion on the first time dose for an avid benzo user. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, calmascanbe
Old 16-08-2006, 16:29
Silver Member

37 y/o Male from United States
DJ is a decent psychonaut.DJ is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Pleasant Experience on Temezepams

SWIM says that Temezepam (Restoril) can be very exciting...

SWIM says the key to the excitement is to consume 2-4 throughout a few hour span ... 2 to start... 1 or 2 more an hour later or so .. and to fight the urge to fall asleep by wandering outside in a safe place (no traffic)..

SWIM says that the one and only time SWIM experimented with well over the recommended dose that it was like being in a dream while he was awake!!!

SWIM also ate a dilaudid several hours after ingesting the first Temezepam and had no recollection of SWIM"s own name... SWIM was confused but was loving it anyhow.

SWIM highly recommends exceeding the proper dosage for the Temezepam so that exciting results will occur which he states were quite enjoyable, pleasant, and not at all scary. It was like being awake but in a dream that seemed really real. A+
Old 16-08-2006, 16:32
Silver Member

37 y/o Male from United States
DJ is a decent psychonaut.DJ is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
They are sometimes prescribed for "restless-leg syndrome" also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmapsyche
Temazepam is a benzodiazepine-derivative marketed under the name Restoril and used for short-term treatment of insomnia. Temazepam is an active metabolite of diazepam, and is half as potent. Like other benzodiazepines, temazepam has anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, myorelaxant, and sedative properties. It's half-life is somewhat short (t1/2 = 10-20 hrs), onset of action is rapid, and duration of effects last 6-8 hours. It's one of the more addictive benzodiazepines due to it's short action. Along with alprazolam and triazolam, temazepam has been associated with several fatalities which indicates greater acute toxicity.

Temazepam passes across the placenta and is excreted in breast milk. Abuse of temazepam by pregnant women can cause withdrawl symptoms to occur in the infant. Breast-feeding can cause lethargy and poor feeding when practiced by a nursing mother who takes temazepam.

The chemical name of temazepam is 7-chloro-1,3-dihydro-3-hydroxy-1-methyl-5-phenyl- -1,4-benzodiazepin-2-one. It's molecular formula is C16H13ClN2O2, and it's molecular weight is 300.7. Temazepam occurs as a white to off-white crystalline solid, practically insoluble to very slightly soluble in water; sparingly soluble in alcohol; and freely soluble in dichloromethane. It's odourless or almost odourless and is affected by light.

Temazepam applications are limited to use as a hypnotic. It isn't usually prescribed as an "off-label" remedy. To prevent widespread abuse of temazepam, doctors are cautious towards over-prescribing it. For this reason temazepam is rarely sold on the black market. Alprazolam (Xanax), clonazepam (Klonopin), lorazepam (Ativan), and diazepam (Valium) are much more common. An interesting epidemic of intraveinous temazepam abuse occured in the UK several years ago. There use to be a gel-cap preparation of temazepam available that could be melted down to a liquid and injected. Doing so resulted in an alcohol-like intoxication. But insoluble particles found in the liquid were quick to block a user's arteries and gangrene resulting in amputation was common. Finally, manufacture and sale of the gel-cap was discontinued and gelatin capsules filled with powder replaced them.
Old 16-08-2006, 21:23

Male
deadhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Temazepam is big fun if u enjoy being really VERY "drunk" like. Most ppl tend to like being less "drunk" like. For mixing it with alchool, even in small doses is one of the most powerful benzo, if not the most.
Old 17-08-2006, 03:29
Iridium Member

40 y/o Male
Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,058, Level: 5 Points: 1,058, Level: 5 Points: 1,058, Level: 5

Back Darwin!! Back to your cage!!! *CRACKS WHIP* BACK I SAY!!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Un related spam post
Old 17-08-2006, 03:51
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.
Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4
Darwin has NOTHING to do with temazepam, have you no shame?
Old 17-08-2006, 04:14
Iridium Member

40 y/o Male
Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,058, Level: 5 Points: 1,058, Level: 5 Points: 1,058, Level: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzeneringz
Darwin has NOTHING to do with temazepam, have you no shame?
I thought it was a clever warning that mixing temazepam with alcohol could end badly.
Old 23-06-2011, 13:32
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Swing should review received reputation comments.
Re: An introduction to temazepam

Beeker is so awesome you guys make me so happy about all my Rx's =D

Post Quality Evaluations:
This thread is 5 years old! And you revive it with a useless one-liner? You've been here long enough to know better
Old 21-10-2011, 23:16
Silver Member

48 y/o Male from Canada
Ganja Joe is learning how to become a psychonaut.

SWIM had a serious surgery about 10 years ago... Dr. gave SWIM 30mg Restoril... SWIM had a couple drinks, took a Restoril was sitting on the couch watching TV and didn't notice the effects until he tried to stand up... he was literally reaching for door knobs, the counter, etc... just to make it to the bedroom!
Old 22-10-2011, 14:16
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
6Sh00t3r is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1

Prescribed best sleep ever gotten and do not wake up sleepy and will be ready for the day with plenty of energy ! Cannot say that fir *Dalmane (*Flurazepam ) . Makes prescribed people very sleepy next days.

Very informative post.Thanks for posting it.

- 6Sh00t3r
Old 28-10-2011, 04:45
Silver Member

43 y/o Male from Argentina
Mahavatar is captain of the psychonauts.Mahavatar is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 325, Level: 2 Points: 325, Level: 2 Points: 325, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Temazepam is indeed one of the better benzos, only thing SWIM can think of that beats it is Rohypnol. Good thing SWIM live in a country that got Rohypnol and easy to get scripts for but Temazepam is not around. He have enjoyed it in the past though. If SWIM remembers correctly, it also messes less with REM sleep in contrast with other benzos, which is a good thing.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:04
Banned

26 y/o Male from United States
sourdough needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

this one guy mixes 6 mg of xanax and 40 mg of temazepam all the time... he thinks it's the best and encourages others to try to this combo!

he no doubt defines it being heaven.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:52
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,438, Level: 14 Points: 9,438, Level: 14 Points: 9,438, Level: 14
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

It might be fun but injecting it sounds very serious:

Quote:
Intra-arterial injection of Temazepam gel may cause severe vascular injury and lead to amputation of fingers or limbs. Histological changes include myocyte necrosis, interstitial oedema, extensive arterial, venous, and capillary thrombosis, and sometimes vasculitis, endothelial swelling, and denudation.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8063932
Old 04-10-2012, 08:15
Titanium Member

Male from France
zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 545, Level: 3 Points: 545, Level: 3 Points: 545, Level: 3

from personnal experience from a user with much benzo experience, Temazepam is one of the most hypnotic and sedating benzos - it's actually the only one i would compare to meprobamate in many aspects. It's the only benzo that actually makes me feel a bit like i'm drunk and which keeps me in limbo in the morning each time i take it to sleep. I've stoppped temazepam completely to replace it by softer stuff - I find temazepam's effects to be very hard to shake off unlike other benzos which will generally surrender against my first morning coffee. I also find temazepam to be very amnesiant - in this aspect i find it comparable, even if less potent, to flunitrazepam (rohypnol).
From my experience, temazepam is really one of the most "dangerous" benzos, i would never drink be it only a couple of beers on that stuff, as the black holes in my memory are huge enough without alcohol at all. The amnesiant side also presents dangers, re-dosing accidentally being the first of these dangers... forgetting where one lives comes second (the first time i tried temazepam in the morning i needed 4 hours to reach home again while the beach is at 700m from my home...).
I would only recommend temazepam to experienced users, and even then, it is to be used with caution.
Finally i would recommend Temazepam for recreational purpose like i would recommend flunitrazepam, meprobamate or phenobarbital: not at all.

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, alprazolam, anxiolytic, benzo, benzodiazepine, benzodiazepines, benzos, darwin, diazepam, downer, drunk, hypnotic, intravenous injection, muscle relaxant, restoril, sedative, temazepam