Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 27-08-2011, 16:28
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Male from United States
xbloodwhipx should review received reputation comments.
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Can 2mg xanax make someone pass out?

My friend took 2mg xanax last night and he didnt black out but he did pass out as soon as they kicked in. He took them at 12 am and woke up at 4 am. He didn't remember going to sleep i know he did because when he woke up his computer was laying next to him turned over and he was covered up.
He has taken 1mg a few times and got heavy and slurry speech, when he took the xanax last night he took he had footballs and he took 1.5 at first and 15 mins later he didnt feel anything so he took the other .5mg and then he started to feel really relaxed, and kind of stared into mid air, his eyes were really heavy the whole time so they were half open. After 10 more mins the other .5mg kicked in and he passed out.
So is that normal, should he just take 1.5mg
Old 27-08-2011, 16:39

50 y/o Male from United States
zapatista needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Re: Can 2mg xanax make someone pass out

yes, someone can pass out from taking 2 mg of xanax. yes, a smaller dose could keep him from passing out.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good answer
Old 27-08-2011, 18:23
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
TooFastTim is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Absolutely 2mg alprazolam can make you pass out. This is why I see no recreational value in benzos
Old 27-08-2011, 23:12
Palladium Member

Male from United States
bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 864, Level: 4 Points: 864, Level: 4 Points: 864, Level: 4
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Can 2mg xanax make someone pass out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbloodwhipx View Post
He has taken 1mg a few times and got heavy and slurry speech, when he took the xanax last night he took he had footballs and he took 1.5 at first and 15 mins later he didnt feel anything
as said above YES 2mg can make one pass/black out. Swib has seen even less make people sleepy. The thing with benzos is the blackout one could black out stay up for a hour or two do some stupid things fall a sleep for a hour or two and think they where a sleep the whole time. stick with the lower amount and it takes longer than 15 minutes to know the full effects.
Old 27-08-2011, 23:19
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
msjaguarxj6 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4

What else was he doing? Was he drinking too? Xanax alone has never made me pass out, but I've probably only taken 1.5mgs at the most. You Shouldn't drink with it though because it increases the effects of the alcohol.
Old 28-08-2011, 01:47
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Male from United States
xbloodwhipx should review received reputation comments.
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1

No he wasnt drinking he was watching hypnosis videos though lol
Old 28-08-2011, 02:04
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5

My robot has blacked out on less than 2 mg of Xanax. The first time she tried it, she only took .5 mg and she ended up passed out in her bed for 12 hours to wake up and find out she didn't remember how she even got back to her home.

Now that the robot is older, she can take 10 mg of Xanax and feel just relaxed. Robots who take benzodiazepines daily as prescribed get a tolerance to them.

2 mg for recreation for a non-user is a high dose.
Old 28-08-2011, 02:20
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
msjaguarxj6 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienesseINspace View Post
My robot has blacked out on less than 2 mg of Xanax. The first time she tried it, she only took .5 mg and she ended up passed out in her bed for 12 hours to wake up and find out she didn't remember how she even got back to her home.

Now that the robot is older, she can take 10 mg of Xanax and feel just relaxed. Robots who take benzodiazepines daily as prescribed get a tolerance to them.

2 mg for recreation for a non-user is a high dose.

You take 10mg of xannie and just feel relaxed? Jeez that seem like a huge amount. That must be why we're not supposed to take them over a prolonged period of time. You become tolerant and addicted.
Old 28-08-2011, 03:02
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjaguarxj6 View Post
You take 10mg of xannie and just feel relaxed? Jeez that seem like a huge amount. That must be why we're not supposed to take them over a prolonged period of time. You become tolerant and addicted.
Yeah the robot has been prescribed benzos for about 6 years now. The robot stepped down from 8 mg of lorazepam a day to 2 mg a day but unfortunately, she is still dependent to some extent.

I agree, prolonged use makes benzos ineffective.
Old 10-09-2011, 21:24
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from United Kingdom
ZoltanBuchan is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

The 1st time my unicorn took alprazolam, 1mg dose, he sat down to watch a DVD, and fell asleep for half an hour, in the middle of the afternoon. My unicorn is generally a poor sleeper, averaging around 5 hours a night, and can NEVER nap during the day once he's up and out of bed, no matter how knackered he feels.

It's powerful stuff alright, 2mg for someone with little or no tolerance could easily result in them nodding off for a couple of hours or more.
Old 10-09-2011, 21:36
Silver Member

Female from United States
The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

2 mg is a lot if a person isnt used to it.

I was prescribed 1 mg for a while when i was having trouble sleeping...i mean i could not sleep, i was quite anxious.

I could go to sleep even on a half pill, and a whole mg for certain would knock me out.

The first time i ever took a xanax it was 0.5 mg and it knocked me out.

I dont like xanax. I dont really like any downer unless i cant sleep or am having a shit fit about something and need to stop it.
Old 11-09-2011, 00:46
Opiates & Opioids
Co-Moderator

52 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Smeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline Medline
Points: 7,211, Level: 12 Points: 7,211, Level: 12 Points: 7,211, Level: 12
Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFastTim View Post
Absolutely 2mg alprazolam can make you pass out. This is why I see no recreational value in benzos
It is an entirely subjective and personal experience. Like any drug, folk will decide for themselves whether it's recreational or not.

I would personally agree with TooFast regarding benzo use, though.

The OP seems to be asking directly about safety issues around
alprazolam dosage management. The loss of consciousness described would indicate a lower tolerance of the medication, than what they're used to taking. This can be hazardous.

From a rhythmic breathing point of view, as well as possibly attendant vunerability during a state of being unaware of potential danger.

It is massively important to recognise, and address this deficit prior to taking too much. What enjoyment can there be in not being awake and there to monitor what is actually truly happening? That capacity is precious. It sounds like the original dosage is safe due to your friend's experience.

It feels useful also that the self elective choice to increase the dose (to 1.5mg and beyond) can also imprint it as being a further chemically induced "normality".

Keep the tolerance that has been achieved. It's uncalled for to increase the dose.

Your friend will continue to arrive at the same point as now if they have intentions, and carry them out in future increments.
Your friend would do well to search the forum for further advice.

Honestly it is a remarkable resource, and gives some splendid advice about benzo use, addiction and withdrawal.

Last edited by Smeg; 11-09-2011 at 12:22. Reason: additional

Share this on:

Tags
benzo abuse, blacking out, dosage ranges