Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug combinations
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug combinations About mixing drugs.

Old 24-08-2011, 02:01

23 y/o Male from United States
feltonunc2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
More Dangerous: Mixing Uppers with Downers, or Downers with Downers

SWIM is new here but would like to ask all a question.
Recently he has been prescribed 10 mg Adderall XR for his ADHD
and Wellbutrin 100mg for depression.
SWIM has been on and off antidepressants for the last few months
as SSRI's all seem to suck for SWIM.
The main question SWIM is inquiring about has to do with his
love for alcohol. SWIM has been known to drink a lot of beers from time to time, meaning when he drinks - he likes to get drunk. No 1-3 beers for SWIM. SWIM has drank on benzos before and so the question he has is this... Is drinking on the Adderall XR more dangerous than when he drank on downers? Any thoughts? Thanks
Old 24-08-2011, 02:13
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from United States
cogent is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Re: More Dangerous: Mixing Uppers with Downers, or Downers with Downers

I think most will agree that drinking with benzos is much riskier than drinking with adderall. Not to mention benzos and alcohol have some pretty intense synergistic effects. The main thing to be cognizant of while drinking with adderall is that the effects of the alcohol may feel diminished so watch your intake.
Old 24-08-2011, 02:24
Palladium Member

29 y/o Male from United States
torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.
Points: 4,377, Level: 9 Points: 4,377, Level: 9 Points: 4,377, Level: 9

This helpful post breaks down some of the dangers of mixing amphetamine and alcohol. You probably have a higher chance of damaging your body with downers and alcohol. But really...

You have a better chance of not damaging your body wearing a helmet when you jump out of a plane with no parachute than if you wore no helmet. Doesn't mean you won't have a broken, destroyed, useless body with a helmet on.
Old 24-08-2011, 03:05
DiabolicScheme DiabolicScheme is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.
Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

1) Alcohol and benzos are known to kill people due to synergistic effects.
2)Alcohol and amphetamines is very hard on the heart.

Alcohol and benzos are probably the more dangerous of the two, overdoses and death aren't unheard of.

However alcohol and amphetamines may be more dangerous if you have a heart condition.
Old 24-08-2011, 03:20

23 y/o Male from United States
feltonunc2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

So if SWIM has no heart condition he should most likely be safe
getting drunk having taken a 10 mg adderall xr that same morning?
Silly SWIM is worrying, SWIM has gotten piss drunk while on 4 mg ativan
numerous times.
Old 24-08-2011, 19:00
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from United States
cogent is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

Worrying in such a case can be good. It shows a healthy respect for the substances and your body. Id start out by having a few beers and see how it feels. I would recommend against going all out so to speak and trying to get as drunk as possible as quick as possible....granted I guess that never a good thing regardless of what other drugs you are on.
Old 25-08-2011, 02:13
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Kev 94 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Swim has been going to my local substance misuse centre in town to see them about swims amphetamine addiction, Swim really does spend every penny I get on it so I
swim told them that swim injects a quarter daily and could they look into the possibillity of putting me on a dexedrine or dexamphetamine prescription. Swim has tried to get a script a few years ago but they told swim that he needed to be injecting the amphetamine because they cant give you a script no matter how much you take if you are only eating it. So this time swim went back now telling them that swims injecting it but now they have changed the rules that swim might not be able to get a script for dexamphetamine beause they rarely prescribe it when your not in a hospital, I mean what a waste of time so swim was feeling stuck but swim had a appointment to see the centres doctor in a couple of months so maybe something could be worked out but not only that swim as a history of mental illness so it looks as if they would knock back the dexamphetamine idea so it looks bleak but in the meanwhile swims only got himself hooked on heroin again, the only good thing is that it as cut the amphetamine use down by half. So swim told them at the centre about my heroin use and they got swim in to see the doctor within a week. Swim went to see the doctor and gave a positive urine test for heroin and amphetamine. The doctor said that he would start swim off on a 50ml/mg methadone script but as for the dexamphetamine idea there was no chance on him prescribing it for me as methadone was a downer and the dex would be a upper and swims mental health history as well as finally put the nails in the coffin on that idea. But he still gives swim a methadone script even though he still takes a eighth of amphetamine daily isnt that a downer and a upper too, he said he dosent like it but with any luck I can somehow kick the amphetamine use, well swim is orally taking the phet now, he dosent dig it anymore and with cutting the dose down by half and not doing the phet daily it looks like swim could get a easier break with the speed that he first thought and he wont have to feel like sh1t everyday looking for heroin to score because of the meth script, so lets hope this one works out for swim,,, Take Care,,,
Old 26-08-2011, 13:47
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
6Sh00t3r is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1

Depends on the type ( potency ) and amount of each.A downer tells the part in your brain that makes your heart beat to beat slower,an upper tells it to beat faster.If it reaches the point where both are telling the heart to beat the same pace you have a heart attack and die.And it is different for everyone.Be careful .\!/.

- 6Sh00t3r

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, adderall xr, amphetamine, downer, downers, drug, drugs, drunk, upper and downer, uppers, uppers and downers

» New Threads
Can go 3 months sober followed by...
Last post by shipfoolio
4 Replies, 153 Views
NON faith based programs??
Last post by mycatkeepsmesane
0 Replies, 1 Views
Best websites to buy from?
Last post by Neph96
3 Replies, 17 Views
How long till you can sleep after...
Last post by Dwhoneil