Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Recovery Journals > Cannabinoids R&A Journals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabinoids R&A Journals Post your cannabis / cannabinoid recovery Journal for community support, advice and tracking progress.

Old 23-08-2011, 21:07
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Israel
MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,330, Level: 5 Points: 1,330, Level: 5 Points: 1,330, Level: 5
Activity: 6.4% Activity: 6.4% Activity: 6.4%
Terrible Spice Detox After a Year Of Daily Use

I would like to issue a warning to anyone who is using, or thinking about using synthetic canabinoids of any sort - DON'T. This is my personal one year experience, if one person reads this and decides to drop this habit then I've done my job. I tried to keep it short but I really couldn't so I'm sorry...

I've been smoking weed for a few years and things have been wonderful, never had any problems and never felt unusual cravings or withdrawal symptoms when I didn't smoke. Basically, I felt good when I didn't smoke and I felt great when I did, and I think that is the best way to describe marijuana.

The only problem was getting it - the Israeli weed market suffered a major blow after military & police blocked all of the major tunnels used to smuggle it from other countries and the country was pretty dried up. Sometimes I couldn't get it at all, sometimes I could only get Hash, sometimes I could get it for a ridiculous price and shitty quality and it was really annoying and that's when Spice started getting insanely popular around here.

The first time I saw it on the news I thought it was too good to be true, they interviewed some professor and he went on and on about how dangerous this stuff is but after being told so many lies about cannabis from the media I assumed he was full of shit, I was wrong. A friend of mine introduced me to one of the first generation (JHW-018) blends a few days later, he only he had a little of it left but he said it should be enough for me to get an impression of it, strangely enough I didn't feel anything which led me to believe the "catch" in this too good to be true situation is that it's really weak.

The next day we bought a new bag and I rolled a big fat joint, my friend who was already quite experienced with Spice told me it was way too much but I was still under the impression this stuff was as weak as it gets. About halfway through the joint I was starting to feel it, started out great but before I finished the joint it turned into a bad trip from hell, I was laying on the floor shaking and freezing my ass off though it wasn't cold at all, my mind was racing and every little noise scared the living shit out of me. I sometimes get cold from weed but not like that, I was seriously freezing and was getting paranoid, I then got nauseous but couldn't throw up, it was pure HELL and I told myself I'll never do it again, luckily it wore off pretty quickly.

By the next day I could barely recall what was so bad about that trip, I knew it was bad but I couldn't remember why was it so bad, when I talked about it I felt like I was talking about someone else's experience, I couldn't remember how it felt like and I had an urge to smoke again, so I did. The next couple of months were great, every single problem I had was instantly solved with a few hits of Spice. The country made JWH-018, JWH-037, HU and a bunch of other substances illegal and I just went with it, everytime a substance was made illegal I woke up the next day to find a new brand of smoking blend waiting for me at the store with colorful designs and even a customer service line, it was incredible.

I had a very specific daily routine - I'd wake up at 5 PM(!), get high, go to work at Mcdonald's, take about 3 breaks during my shift to get high in the bathroom, get off work - get high, then meet up with friends, smoke all night, go home and smoke one more joint before going to sleep. My tolerance built up pretty rapidly and this led to an idea - why buy smoking blends when we can order 99% purity cannabinoids on the internet? This sounded like a great idea to us, but we were a bit scared to mail order it so we found a local vendor and bought a few grams, I think it was JWH-200. We sat down in some park outdoors with the vendor and he eyeballed a dose for us, he asked what's our tolerance and we said it's pretty damn high, little did we know his was about twice.

I immediately felt it was way too strong but I thought maybe I can handle it without making a scene. Then, my friend threw up a little bit, then a little bit more, and then he went into a full-on vomit streak the likes of which I've never seen before, he threw up THE LIVING SHIT out of himself about 11 times. The vendor took off the second the vomiting got serious, when I talked to him the next day he said he took off because the smell of the vomit would have made him throw up but I figured he probably ran so he wouldn't be linked to us in case my friend dies. I tried to call 911 but was way too fucked up to unlock my phone, I kept asking my friend if he's alright and he didn't answer which freaked me out even more, eventually he found the breath to tell me he was ok and I shouldn't call 911, he then threw up 2 more times and we both fainted.

We woke up about 2 hours later, he was feeling much better but I was feeling like shit, I almost threw up myself but managed to hold it, we went back home and said we're gonna stick with smoking blends for the time being. That was the first time I learned syn cannabinoids can be downright EVIL, it was after 6 months of daily use and up to that point I was in love with it, thought it could never harm a soul, after this day nothing was the same anymore. I was spending about 90% of my money on Spice Diamond and was really depressed because of it, I busted my ass working double shifts everyday to fund it and when I saw my friends using their money to fly to Amsterdam and go on vacations I felt really bad, I knew that if I wouldn't have spent so much money on Spice that year I could have had an awesome vacation with my friends.

Many of my friends quit Spice after a month or two, the rest didn't smoke daily, they only smoked on the weekends or special occasions but I smoked EVERYDAY and started getting really depressed about it, I also started to suffer from some frightening symptoms - I was ALWAYS high even when I didn't smoke, my short term memory was shitty, I couldn't go to sleep without smoking and even then I slept for a few hours and woke up because I had troubles breathing or because I had fucked up nightmares (usually about snakes because I'm extremely scared of snakes, though I never had these dreams before). My stomach was a mess too, I had blue shit followed by green shit followed by constant diarrhea with blood and insane hemorrhoids, constant nausea, my body was freaking out. But I was too scared to admit all of these symptoms were caused by Spice because then I would have to give it up so I convinced myself I was coming down with a flu or something and that I had food poisoning, etc.

The turning point was 1 year into my addiction when I went with my family on a 1 week vacation in Italy. I stuffed my pockets with 15 grams of spice diamond but when I got to the airport and saw all of the cops and the security I got scared shitlessly, I was pretty sure JWH-200 was illegal in Italy and at the last second I went into the airport bathroom and tried to flush it down the toilet but it wouldn't flush, I got scared and tossed it in the garbage bin in the bathroom, then boarded the flight. That week was a NIGHTMARE. During the first 3 days I didn't sleep AT ALL, I had INSANE cravings and all of the symptoms I described above were getting 10 times worse and I thought I was going to die, on the 4th night I fell asleep from exhaustion only to dream about Spice for 2 hours and wake up with cold sweat and difficulty breathing, the worst thing was that I had nausea all the time, even when I made myself throw up the nausea would return in about 10 minutes to make me miserable, I couldn't talk to anyone and I just told my family I was sick and stayed in my room 24/7, I wasn't even hungry and I wasn't sure I could hold down my food anyway

By the 5th day I was smoking some random flowers I picked outside in a bong I made out of a bottle of juice and a piece of garden hoes just to try and satisfy my cravings.

Today I'm 2 months clean, I feel better than I did 2 months ago but still quite shitty. I still get panic attacks, my stomach is still fucked and so I can't go outside my house, I still can't sleep properly and I still dream about Spice and crave it 24/7 though I know I'll never do it to myself again. I also developed some freakish OCD - I eat vaseline, loads of it, and I can't stop although it tastes like shit but that's the least of my problems at the moment.

I think the thing that bothers me the most is that my IQ was cut in half. I used to be a genius, that was my thing, now I can actually feel how fucking stupid I've become, I can't understand anything unless someone spells it out for me and I absolutely can't do ANY math in my head, even the most simple calculation of how much change I should get for a pack of cigarettes. I now smoke 4 packs a day to try to calm down my cravings for spice which is double the amount I've been smoking the last 5 years.

Stick to weed guys, no matter what.
Hope this helps someone,
Peace.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for the note of warning, next time you post try adding a few more line breaks, this makes it so much easier for us to read.
Valuable first-hand experience as well as a word of caution, well written and interesting to read. Thank you.
Much appreciated personal experience
This is a truly useful personal account. Thank you.
Sounds really rough, especially the lingering cognitive effects. Here's to Hopi g you improve and have done some effective harm reduction education with this thread!
I just quit spice today and ive already been going through withdrawls. This is helping me even more to quit. Hope all goes well

Last edited by MikePatton; 17-09-2011 at 05:53.
Old 24-08-2011, 00:21
trdofbeingtrd trdofbeingtrd is nu online
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%
Re: Terrible Spice Detox After a Year Of Daily Use

I hope this helps someone, thank you for sharing your story and I hope that you continue to get better.

If you want, I can send you a couple links to how to deal with panic attacks here on DF.
Old 24-08-2011, 19:28
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Israel
MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.

Thanks for the offer man, but I am currently being treated for panic attacks via weekly visits to a psychologist who taught me all about practicing breathing skills and other stuff I initially labeled as new-age crap but turns out to be really effective.

I also have some pills prescribed for me but I try to take them as seldom as possible and only when absolutely necessary as I'm having a hard time trusting any chemicals at the moment. I got some natural drops called "Rescue" which helps as well.

By the way I'm sorry for the lack of paragraphs in my post, I only noticed it after posting and unfortunately I don't have editing privileges yet, should have hit preview before posting it but was to worked up at that moment...
Old 19-09-2011, 18:18
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Finland
Kureora is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Jesus man that sounds horrible. I'm going trough some sort of withdrawal as well, though it's nothing compared to yours. I still want it to stop ASAP though.

Here it is:

I'm not a super heavy user of the herbal blends, I do buy them two or three times each year and buy about 30 grams each time. The first time I smoked a JWH blend was back in 2008, since then I've had periods of heavy use and quite long breaks. So after a break of about 6 months I decided it was time to order some again. However this time everything didn't go as I expected. I bought 30g of "Demon" incense and after sampling it for the first time I came to the conclusion that it would easily last me a month even with daily smoke; one lungfull was enough to get me high as fuck.

When I buy JWH blends(or weed) I use them a lot. That's why I take so long breaks. If I have the chance I will start smoking in the morning and keep it going all day. This time was no different. For the first few days everything was great, the high was better than expected and the tolerance didn't go up dramatically, I still managed to get high with just one hit.

This was about to change though, and suddenly my tolerance level hit the roof. The duration got shorter, the high weaker. I upped the dosage - 2 hits, 3 hits. Soon a full bowl. After about 5-7 days something weird started happening. Normally I get tired because of smoking but not so much that I have to go to sleep, this was different. I couldn't stay awake more than a few hours after smoking. When I went to bed I'd wake up in a couple of hours feeling extremely tired, extremely stiff and I just couldn't fall asleep anymore. I thought that the symptoms had something to do with my brain and the substance having a conflict of interest, with the other one shutting down forcefully while the other plays its tricks on you.

-->> So after waking up I decided to go smoke as fast as possible to see if it relieves my symptoms. And it did. In about 5mins I was feeling great, quite euphoric and no more stiffness. But soon I got to a point where it put me into a zombie state where I just waited for my brain to gradually shut down to the point where I would go to bed and fall asleep instantly - and wake up without proper sleep. The tiredness got worse. The stiffness got worse. I decided to smoke as little as possible to relieve my symptoms and then I'd stay awake for a normal 16-18 hours so that my internal clock wouldn't get completely messed up. I started to get diarrhea. I got a couple of horrible stomach pains. I decided to wait until the night to smoke again.

I managed to stay up. I take the hit. It works its magic, I get an enjoyable high and this time I manage to go to bed on my own terms - only to wake up a couple of hours later extremely tired and stiff. I mean scary stiff. So stiff that I felt like I had no choice but to smoke to function. I kept on smoking, I've had negative experience with the jwh blends before, nothing like this, but still I thought it would simply wear off once I ran out of it. The urge to get high was strong. I started hearing conversations while high, I could hear them but I couldn't make out what they were saying, it was like they were behind a wall or something. Some older dude spoke a lot in my head but I have no memory of what he said. This was really fucking scary, I've never had this happen to me while on JWH. Luckily it doesn't happen now that I'm "sober."

The stuff that was supposed to keep me floating for a month ran out in 10 days. I was pissed. I've never managed to get through the stuff so quickly, it's sad to see that despite(or because of) the extreme potency of the blend the tolerance sky rockets fast. One of the worst blends I've tried in that regard, too bad I don't know what the active ingredient is.

How am I doing 5 days since I ran out? Well, I've slept 3-4 hours in the last 96 hours. For some reason I don't feel tired and I still can't sleep. But my body functions are starting to get affected by it. It's like my brain doesn't realize its supposed to be really, really tired. Diarrhea stopped about 2 days ago. But I have not only been stiff, I've been shaking the whole time, and it's getting annoying. I don't want people to start asking me questions about it. I really hope this fucking ends soon cause if I'm gonna shake it till I drop dead I'll be pissed off. There are other symptoms as well, call it withdrawal or whatever, though most of it started on some level already when I still had some stuff (and went away once I got high). My sense of touch is still numb. My body still hasn't recovered completely from the stiffness. I still feel like my thoughts are cloudy, complex thinking is harder and more time consuming than usually. I'm cold all the time even if the room temperature is fine. I hope this "withdrawal" ends quickly.

I've bought from the store before and while I did have similar experiences they were more "typical" (as in weak) JWH side effects, much more subtle, nothing like this. Still, I can't help but feel paranoid. I feel like I got really addicted this time and can't help but think that I'm the victim of some evil plot. I seriously have to fight the urge to buy more, never before. What do you guys think? And how long will this crap last. :S

Kureora added 3 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

No edit button? I copy/pasted that and forgot to edit.

Last edited by Kureora; 19-09-2011 at 18:18. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-09-2011, 13:56
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kureora View Post
Jesus man that sounds horrible. I'm going trough some sort of withdrawal as well, though it's nothing compared to yours. I still want it to stop ASAP though.

Here it is:

I'm not a super heavy user of the herbal blends, I do buy them two or three times each year and buy about 30 grams each time. The first time I smoked a JWH blend was back in 2008, since then I've had periods of heavy use and quite long breaks. So after a break of about 6 months I decided it was time to order some again. However this time everything didn't go as I expected. I bought 30g of "Demon" incense and after sampling it for the first time I came to the conclusion that it would easily last me a month even with daily smoke; one lungfull was enough to get me high as fuck.

When I buy JWH blends(or weed) I use them a lot. That's why I take so long breaks. If I have the chance I will start smoking in the morning and keep it going all day. This time was no different. For the first few days everything was great, the high was better than expected and the tolerance didn't go up dramatically, I still managed to get high with just one hit.

This was about to change though, and suddenly my tolerance level hit the roof. The duration got shorter, the high weaker. I upped the dosage - 2 hits, 3 hits. Soon a full bowl. After about 5-7 days something weird started happening. Normally I get tired because of smoking but not so much that I have to go to sleep, this was different. I couldn't stay awake more than a few hours after smoking. When I went to bed I'd wake up in a couple of hours feeling extremely tired, extremely stiff and I just couldn't fall asleep anymore. I thought that the symptoms had something to do with my brain and the substance having a conflict of interest, with the other one shutting down forcefully while the other plays its tricks on you.

-->> So after waking up I decided to go smoke as fast as possible to see if it relieves my symptoms. And it did. In about 5mins I was feeling great, quite euphoric and no more stiffness. But soon I got to a point where it put me into a zombie state where I just waited for my brain to gradually shut down to the point where I would go to bed and fall asleep instantly - and wake up without proper sleep. The tiredness got worse. The stiffness got worse. I decided to smoke as little as possible to relieve my symptoms and then I'd stay awake for a normal 16-18 hours so that my internal clock wouldn't get completely messed up. I started to get diarrhea. I got a couple of horrible stomach pains. I decided to wait until the night to smoke again.

I managed to stay up. I take the hit. It works its magic, I get an enjoyable high and this time I manage to go to bed on my own terms - only to wake up a couple of hours later extremely tired and stiff. I mean scary stiff. So stiff that I felt like I had no choice but to smoke to function. I kept on smoking, I've had negative experience with the jwh blends before, nothing like this, but still I thought it would simply wear off once I ran out of it. The urge to get high was strong. I started hearing conversations while high, I could hear them but I couldn't make out what they were saying, it was like they were behind a wall or something. Some older dude spoke a lot in my head but I have no memory of what he said. This was really fucking scary, I've never had this happen to me while on JWH. Luckily it doesn't happen now that I'm "sober."

The stuff that was supposed to keep me floating for a month ran out in 10 days. I was pissed. I've never managed to get through the stuff so quickly, it's sad to see that despite(or because of) the extreme potency of the blend the tolerance sky rockets fast. One of the worst blends I've tried in that regard, too bad I don't know what the active ingredient is.

How am I doing 5 days since I ran out? Well, I've slept 3-4 hours in the last 96 hours. For some reason I don't feel tired and I still can't sleep. But my body functions are starting to get affected by it. It's like my brain doesn't realize its supposed to be really, really tired. Diarrhea stopped about 2 days ago. But I have not only been stiff, I've been shaking the whole time, and it's getting annoying. I don't want people to start asking me questions about it. I really hope this fucking ends soon cause if I'm gonna shake it till I drop dead I'll be pissed off. There are other symptoms as well, call it withdrawal or whatever, though most of it started on some level already when I still had some stuff (and went away once I got high). My sense of touch is still numb. My body still hasn't recovered completely from the stiffness. I still feel like my thoughts are cloudy, complex thinking is harder and more time consuming than usually. I'm cold all the time even if the room temperature is fine. I hope this "withdrawal" ends quickly.

I've bought from the store before and while I did have similar experiences they were more "typical" (as in weak) JWH side effects, much more subtle, nothing like this. Still, I can't help but feel paranoid. I feel like I got really addicted this time and can't help but think that I'm the victim of some evil plot. I seriously have to fight the urge to buy more, never before. What do you guys think? And how long will this crap last. :S

Kureora added 3 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

No edit button? I copy/pasted that and forgot to edit.
Man, the sooner you get that thought out of your head the sooner you'll be getting better, trust me... That "I'm fucked for life" thought pattern is the worst, I was totally stuck in hypochondria & paranoia and it made the whole thing even worse.

But now I'm like what... 4 months clean? maybe even more? I kinda lost track, and truth is I'm feeling a hell of a lot better, the only thing that is still present is the seldom panic attacks and the overall panicky feeling that I sometimes have a hard time shaking off which you didn't mention having, so I P-R-O-M-I-S-E you that you'll be feeling much fucking better in no time, if you've passed the diarrhea stage then you're basically seeing the exit sign in the horizon man, trust me.

And I think there are actually some advantages in the aftermath, I've been getting into this very recently and can't quite find the words to explain it just yet, but I'm feeling... different, personality wise. Don't know if it's better, worse it's just different... It's like I'm more emotional, more soft, I don't know what to make of it yet but I'm gonna take a closer look here and get back to you with that, it's the weirdest shit.

Best of luck to you man, keep us updated!
Old 25-09-2011, 09:32
Titanium Member

Female from United Kingdom
Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.
Points: 1,969, Level: 6 Points: 1,969, Level: 6 Points: 1,969, Level: 6
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

How you dong now Mike?

Since its such early days in the whole RC mass-consumption field do you have any follow up?

There was one particular point that interested me, you mention twice that you had problems breathing, waking up after nightmares and difficulty breathing.
Could you elaborate on that, have you had breathing problems at other times of day or is it normally at night? around 2-3am. When you were smoking (and I hope that youre still not smoking, congratulations on stopping) but when you were smoking did you cough after an inhalation or while smoking, or were your breathing difficulties only in the night.

Do you think your breathing was a physical problem or hyperventilating due to panic attacks.

Also forgive my ignorance but in Isreal do people commonly smoke joints mixed with tobacco as in the UK or do they smoke joints that are only filled with weed/weed alternative like in America?

As to the genius thing, dont stress it, it takes a clever person to know how little they truly know.
Old 25-09-2011, 11:10
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Thema View Post
How you dong now Mike?

Since its such early days in the whole RC mass-consumption field do you have any follow up?

There was one particular point that interested me, you mention twice that you had problems breathing, waking up after nightmares and difficulty breathing.
Could you elaborate on that, have you had breathing problems at other times of day or is it normally at night? around 2-3am. When you were smoking (and I hope that youre still not smoking, congratulations on stopping) but when you were smoking did you cough after an inhalation or while smoking, or were your breathing difficulties only in the night.

Do you think your breathing was a physical problem or hyperventilating due to panic attacks.

Also forgive my ignorance but in Isreal do people commonly smoke joints mixed with tobacco as in the UK or do they smoke joints that are only filled with weed/weed alternative like in America?

As to the genius thing, dont stress it, it takes a clever person to know how little they truly know.
First of all I'd like to thank you for showing an interest, really appreciated.

I started getting breathing problems during both day and night. After seeking professional help and getting some education on the subject, I learned it was a symptom of panic attack and this diagnosis fits perfectly as those breathing problems came in waves during the day & night, it wasn't constant.

But when it came at night it was the worst, it was enough to wake me up and make me literally feel like I can not get air in my lungs.

I never coughed after inhalation or anything like that, And in Israel we always mix weed or spice for that matter with tobacco, though I gradually reduced the amount of tobacco until eventually I was smoking clean spice, which is very uncommon around here.

And the lack of air FELT completely physical, but nowdays I know it's just your brain fucking with you, so yeah it's definitely hyperventilation via panic attacks.

If you got any more questions I'll be more than happy to answer :]
Cheers.
Old 25-09-2011, 13:10
Titanium Member

Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.

Thanks for getting back Mike.

I now realise my questions seemed bit random so I shall try and explain. I have been smoking spice (type) for a few years now and have been having real problems breathing for the last year. There could be a variety of reasons for this and luckily all the really nasty ones have been ruled out
What you were describing sounded like panic attacks but the idea of waking up panicing threw me so I thought I'd ask for clarification.

Youve done really well so far with giving up, I know from first hand experience how hard it can be and applaud your efforts.
Old 25-09-2011, 15:34
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Israel

Quote:
Thanks for getting back Mike.

I now realise my questions seemed bit random so I shall try and explain. I have been smoking spice (type) for a few years now and have been having real problems breathing for the last year. There could be a variety of reasons for this and luckily all the really nasty ones have been ruled out
What you were describing sounded like panic attacks but the idea of waking up panicing threw me so I thought I'd ask for clarification.

Youve done really well so far with giving up, I know from first hand experience how hard it can be and applaud your efforts.
Well, as soon as you start making efforts I promise you I will be the first to applaud them! And it seems you are experiencing something I haven't, which is constant difficulties breathing if I understood you correctly? I'd attribute it to the fact you've been smoking longer than I have, how many years are we talking about here?

I don't know how much you should be freaking out if you check out normal physically but I must say I'm quite worried, even if it doesn't involve any damage it's still a very uncomfortable feeling to say the very least and I hate to imagine you dealing with it 24/7, as I'll admit I could barely stand it when it hit me for just a few hours every day.

I'm gonna leave you with that ever so easy to say hard to follow advice. Will you be taking it?
Old 25-09-2011, 23:07
Titanium Member

Aw bless you for worrying but theres no need. My breathing problems, diagnosed as late onset asthma, are under control at the moment with inhalers.
But I have been smoking cannabis & tobacco joints for over 20 years, a 3-4 year break where I only smoked tobacco and now 2-3 years smoking herbal blends & tobacco. I take full responsibility for fucking my lungs up, but that is my conscious choice.

I do find these blends are a rough smoke though so I'm always curious when I hear breathing problems and spice in the same paragraph.

Also have you checked this thread out
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=124787
Some of the earlier posts are very interesting
Old 26-09-2011, 11:53
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Israel

Quote:
Aw bless you for worrying but theres no need. My breathing problems, diagnosed as late onset asthma, are under control at the moment with inhalers.
But I have been smoking cannabis & tobacco joints for over 20 years, a 3-4 year break where I only smoked tobacco and now 2-3 years smoking herbal blends & tobacco. I take full responsibility for fucking my lungs up, but that is my conscious choice.

I do find these blends are a rough smoke though so I'm always curious when I hear breathing problems and spice in the same paragraph.

Also have you checked this thread out
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=124787
Some of the earlier posts are very interesting
Being the paranoid kind I try to avoid reading too much about other people's negative experiences with Spice, everything I read = I feel and that thread scares the living hell out of me, but I've definitely done enough reading to find out I'm not alone, or unique for that matter.

It's still in my head though, after so much time... I miss the ability to make any problem magically fade away with a few puffs, especially on some rough days.

But I know damn well it's more trouble than it's worth eventually, I hope you can make yourself kick it as well though I don't wanna get all preachy about it, after all, I know how this conversation feels from both sides...

But let me ask you this, did you experience any asthma-like symptoms or any difficulties breathing before you started with spice? This is interesting because, while we can blame it on years of tobacco and weed it's still quite a rare coincidence that you get asthma at 39 after continues use of spice.

I'm not 100% sure of what I'm saying here but as far as I know asthma is incredibly rare at that age even for heavy long time smokers.

I never really thought about the impact on the lungs, I didn't care much as a smoker but then again no one knows even half of the health profile of any syn cannabinoids, a super-human tendency towards asthma might be on the list.

But if you feel OK then I guess nothing is more important than that for the time being
I'm just a little worried about what the future may have in store for you...
Old 28-09-2011, 10:14

28 y/o Male from USA - California
Tw1n Gats is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

Thanks for that Mike, awesome late night read for me, SWIM ccasionally get chest pains and my heart goes up briefly and then it goes back to normal and when SWIM does SWIM is in a dreamlike state. SWIM has experienced mild tachycardia at 150 bpm after too big of a hit. SWIM sticks to his favorite blend now and starts with half "rips" as to know exactly where SWIM feels good but most importantly safe. Heart attack and seizure threads somehow gave it a stigma to me and really feel that Im ok but that Im seriously reading too much shit about what "could" or supposedly "did" happen. SWIM loves the stuff but feels that our relationship is short lived. There is too many "DONT DO THIS" Threads and posts around the net. Its odd I dont read "this stuff is great I cant wait to try more" or anything praising the chemical, its starting to feel very tainted (pcpish?) Leaves soaked with chemicals... Mm mmm, but SWIM will still wakeup at 11am and blaze a bowl before playing some Battlefield 3 Beta on Xbox... Because its fun, but only for so long (for me anyway). I dont like the chest pains and fast heart rate, seems scary to me in the long term I dont want my ticker working any harder than it has to (albeit Excercise is good however) More of that and less distraction makes SWIM a happy SWIMMER.
Old 16-11-2011, 00:30

Male from United States
Sazh is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1

Not sure if the OP is still active here but..How has it been so far?
I was smoking the spice herbal blends for months, every single day, every couple of hours. Eventually my tolerance got really high and I started to get careless, often smoking a lot and not realizing how much I had smoked. After a few bad panic attacks I stopped, I had to. Everything was going great honestly, I was 3 weeks into quitting when I started to get chest paints and anxiety/panic attacks. Went the doctors and the ER a couple of times and they said everything was fine. I had to smoke weed again to calm myself down but..well, my spice usage really fucked over my tolerance to weed. So I don't really get high anymore, I just feel a little relaxed. I'm trying to go a month or so without anything, but its hard. I'm so panicky, shit that shouldn't even matter will startle me. Constantly feeling my heart beat and sometimes feeling its beating too fast. Of course when I do think its beating too fast it actually does start beating fast because I'm aware of it, thus a panic attack will start.
Anyway I'm glad I read this post and that I was able to stop smoking this stuff before it got out of hand. I do have one question and that is did you ever experience chest pain that felt like your chest area was just sore? When I walk or turn a certain way it feels like the muscles are just really sore.
Old 17-12-2011, 03:57

25 y/o Male from United States
Papu is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

Hello and thanks for your post! It really helped SWIM think about some things. Lately SWIM and some friends have been enjoying what they call "Fishing". They take pride in their lures and have been buying a lot of bait lately. But what has been on SWIMs mind for the last week is a feeling of being dependent upon the bait. He has a weekly routine lately.

Weekends:After he gets out of work Friday-Sunday. POWER SMOKE.- All weekend long, well cutting it off around 5pm on Sunday.

Weekdays: Monday-Thursday. He takes a couple hits every night and usually sits in his room and hangs out. People come in and talk to him all the time. He feels like he's getting better at talking to people when he is under the influence.

SWIM has really noticed that this is not a good thing. He's smoked Pot before and never had the want of using it like he does his Bait. He fears that he may be addicted. It's been about 3 months of this usual routine, some days he doesn't smoke though. He has noticed that his sleeping has been effected. Waking up around 2 or 3 am, and not being able to get a good nights sleep unless he takes a hit. He enjoys how it makes him feel, only gotten sick off it twice. Once this year, and once back in 2010. 2010 was a bad experience because SWIM was pretty sure he was going to die. So he decided to not smoke Spice for a while. The last time SWIM got sick was when he and his friend mixed different types of Spice. One type gave him a high lasting almost 2 hours off 3 hits. The other was a cheaper product, which he and his friends are guessing that mixing is a bad idea. So he makes sure no one even thinks of it anymore! That's a big rule for him and his pals. He started smoking again after one of his friends broke up with their girlfriend. They hang out all the time on weekends. SWIM lives an hour and a half away, and works 8-5 during the week. That is why the power smoke together on the weekends. Anyway, SWIM is really concerned about his problem he is having as of late and really wants to stop Fishing.

On a more questionable note. SWIM has noticed something different about his personality too. Not in a bad "Hide from everyone way", more of a embrace all people mindset. He has been extremely nice too his friends, family, co-workers, everyone.. This is awkward for SWIM because he has always been the bad mood guy. Angry at the world, feeling like everyone's worthless and been depressed for as long as he can remember up until he started using.

He's been going out of his way to help his older sister with her children, and cleaning up the house. He has been a lot more productive at work, and in a chipper mood most days. Other days without cigarettes is a bit rough but he pushes through. A few of his bosses have made him feel like top dog at work the last couple of weeks. Thanking him for his hard work and dedication. And he got a big bonus because of it. He's been listening more intently to music. Any music. Singing, air banding, and writing. Classical has been pretty epic for him the last few weeks. He feels almost as if he's become a softer more helpful person. Fights between himself and everyone like they used to happen have stopped. He doesn't argue about what he is going to have to do at work. SWIM wonders if somehow if the Spice he has been smoking may have some sort of anti-depressant structure too it.

SWIM is tired of spending so much money and is eager to quit. But is afraid of how detoxing himself is going to feel. The United States is making it Illegal too buy/use/sell on December 26th so he knows its only a few days away. He started weening himself off the Spice over the last couple days smoking only a couple hits every other day, and it doesn't seem to have affected his performance in his everyday life. Hopefully he can get through it without too much mental pressure of needing the Spice.
Old 24-12-2011, 01:40

35 y/o Male from United States
sentiententity is an unknown quantity at this point

My mechanic's second cousin twice removed smoked synthetic MJ (he referred to it as K2) for about 6 months. He definitely did feel himself forming both a tolerance and addiction to it before long. He tried cutting back on use but ultimately had to dispose of his whole stash to be able to go even 2-3 days without smoking it.

All in all he said that he wouldn't have smoked it at all if he could go back and do it over. He feels that one is just better off just going without cannabinoids completely if natural MJ isn't available. I think his advice is pretty good.
Old 28-05-2013, 05:37

22 y/o Male from United States
Kronik420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Hello everyone!! I would like to tell you guys my story with spice and how it can change everything about you...
It all started about eight months ago when I got caught by the cops with a very small amount of marijuana and paraphernalia... I live in Jackson county, AL and in this county we have a program that is court ordered to people on drug charge's, well the program is called "Color Code" witch is a good thing besides the cost... The way the program works is irrelevant but smoking weed is just about impossible on this program because they can call your color at any time and do so quite often but I didn't want to quit getting high so I heard about spice and how it's basically undetectable by drug test.. So I started using this substance as a sub for marijuana, witch was great at first until everyone I knew was using it and letting this stuff run their life and then I started to see how evil this stuff really was but I had no intention of quitting... However, the police around here are determined to get this stuff off the streets and have busted everyone I know that gets the stuff from outta state, therefore, I could no longer obtain spice leaving me with no choice but to quit, so I did..

So I got threw Color-Code with flying colors, a couple of months before I quit smoking spice, leaving me able to smoke weed again... However, I need a job and I have no choice but to quit smoking all together witch means I have to quit spice cold turkey without the help of my "DOC" ... So for Three weeks I suffered all kinds of different ways, too many symptoms to even mention although the symptom's are the same as everyone else's and I am here to help people with them symptoms as for I found remedies that can help some of you guys reading this... So if you got this far then you have problems eating, sleeping, nausea, headache's, and ect.... Well I done some research and found that spice rob's your body of potassium and make's you feel awful but you can't eat anything to add potassium to your body because food make's you sick, therefore, you can try drinking pickle juice and eating pickles as for this was the ONLY thing I was able to eat... I would also like to advise people to go to the E.R. for treatment and Dr's advice because some case's people come in with one percent potassium witch is very dangerous!! However, the day I started eating and drinking pickle juice the very next day my body got rid of some fowl stuff...

In conclusion, I believed I had one of the following sickness's such as Camplyobactor, Salmonella, or even Yersinia Pestis, However, I had none of these sicknesses witch goes to show how bad the withdraw's can be... These symptoms lasted me a few weeks but the funny thing is, is that I didn't feel sick at all the first week and I believe weed was why, as for weed really is the best nausea medicine... I would also like to state that I was smoking like 3-5 grams of "Satan" and "Devil Eye" everyday without mixing anything else with it witch could have lead to my awful withdraw's... Like I said though, Drink and eat pickle juice if you can because out of all the things I tried to eat even after I found that I could eat and drink pickle stuff without a problem, I felt much better the next day leaving me able to eat banana's or anything else with potassium or protein's in it... So I really hope I was able to help everyone who had the problems I had and wish them luck because quitting spice is so important that it could even mean life or death!!!
Old 29-05-2013, 02:51
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Israel

It's been almost 2 years since I made this thread, I figured I owe people an update. So I can;t say these 2 years have been cannabinoid free. I stopped using all drugs, except for my prescribed 150mg Sertraline, for 6 months after this thread.

After that, I started smoking hash again. My anxiety has mostly faded by this point thanks to the SSRI medication, and cannabis at proper doses didn't seem to trigger any panic. But over those 2 years Cannabis supplies have been limited, and the price of Spice dramatically dropped as a result.

I don't want to name prices because I've done that mistake already, but keep in mind that 25g of Spice cost LESS than 1 gram of weed, and that's my environment, fucking everybody smokes it and it's as cheap as cigarettes. I've been mostly successful at denying the temptation when it is smoked around me 24/7. But I have used it once a week or so for some time, always feeling guilty afterwards.

Truth is my SSRI medication made me able to handle larger amounts of drugs, and therfore handle Spice better. If I oversmoke I get sent to a panick hell, but in normal doses that doesn't happen.

The border(s) are fucking clogged, there are times when Cannabis is hard to score because smugglers are having troubles moving it into the country with so much security around the borders. On the flip side, Spice and Bath Salts are for sale 24/7 just under your house. So I've been weak and gave in to thise shit on many occasions, But I haven't touched it in some 4 months and I don't intend to.

As a daily cannabis smoker, a hit of spice would still send me flying, it's as if your cannabis tolerance doesn't matter when it comes to Spice, only your spice tolerance. I am still on SSRIs, they did well to get rid of the terrible anxiety I have, but I'm sick of taking them, they make life dull for me.

I tried quitting SSRIs and that's when I started getting that horrible anxiety again all the time. So in that sense, I still feel like Spice fucked me for life, because even 2 years later I'm still suffering the consequences, and have to use medication.

If you use Spice more than once a week, my warning still stands. Some people seem unaffected, but some of us who are prone to panic, will have a hard time getting over that rough rough ride.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:50

36 y/o Female from United States
WokeUp2AM is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Thanks for this thread, your first paragraph inspired me to post a bit about my own detox. Hopefully we can help others, that hell I was in I wouldn't wish on an enemy. Maybe Harry j. Anslinger....
Old 13-11-2013, 13:30

22 y/o Female from United States
Getting-Clean-N-Healthy is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Hi... I doubt anyone really gets on here anymore. But if anyone does, I just have a few questions.

My problems with the spice were no where near as horrible as yours have been, but horrible none the less. The anxiety, the nausea, the vomiting, my emotions are everywhere...

My bf and I were on it every day, around 3-6 grams a day for around 3 months when we quit the first time and once I got it all out of my system, I stopped throwing up and the shaking stopped, really I was just emotional, weak from not eating or sleeping, and just felt weird in general. Didn't even feel like I was in my own body. Then I started talking in my sleep. Just really randomly.

This time around, it was around 3 grams a day for the first 2 weeks, then 6 grams for the last 3 weeks. I guess we've been off it for about a week now, and I vow never to touch the stuff again. I honestly didn't think I would make it through it alive this time. I cant do it again. But I've started talking in my sleep again. My bf refuses to see that it may be an effect of coming down off the spice. Has anyone expierenced this?? Any ideas to help with the emotions?? I almost lost my boyfriend last time bc we stopped talking and started arguing. I can't lose him over this stupid bullshit. Help?? Anyone?
Old 15-11-2013, 23:44
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Israel

For all those in pain that are asking for my advice - I must painfully admit that I don't know what to say... The only way I got over this detox was starting on SSRIs, and I've been on them ever since with no abillity to quit. So I would be a complete fucking hypocrite to sit here on my laptop telling you guys to "be strong" because I definitely wasn't.

And I'm still on the same boat with you guys, I have never gotten over this horrible, horrible drug, my life might never be the same again as painfull as it is to admit this over 3.5 years after starting this thread.

When I made this thread there was very little data about this drug and specifically addiction and rehabillitation from it. Not long after I posted this I started seeing similiar accounts pop up like mushrooms after the rain, and today there is a lot of information, but still not enough to help me out of this fucking hole.

So I'm very sorry for not responding, and I feel your pain... Best wishes to anyone who posted in this thread, from the bottom of my heart.
Old 16-11-2013, 00:04
Silver Member

Male from United States
Rob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline Medline
Points: 5,019, Level: 10 Points: 5,019, Level: 10 Points: 5,019, Level: 10
Activity: 18.4% Activity: 18.4% Activity: 18.4%

I knew a couple people who had to quit smoking synthetic cannabinoids after they got physically addicted; there was a lot of gastronomical issues (ie diarrhea; nausea) during the withdrawal part of it (which lasted for a couple of weeks). Thankfully I never really got into them because of how they would invoke panic attacks in me (a couple times I even had bizarre salvia-like experiences, minus the overt visual hallucinations/delusions that come with using salvia).
Old 16-11-2013, 01:29
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Cypher View Post
Thankfully I never really got into them because of how they would invoke panic attacks in me (a couple times I even had bizarre salvia-like experiences, minus the overt visual hallucinations/delusions that come with using salvia).
I know exactly what you're talking about, I had the same fucked up salvia-like panic attack the one time I tried pure synthetic cannabinoid powder, and for some reason that wasn't enough for me. And I think that's exactly what caused my panic disorder, having so many epic panic attacks where I would have an unbelievable fear of never returning to sane reality, and yet being sadistic and desperate enough (because of absolute lack of weed or other drugs at the time) to do this to myself over and over again. I think having so many chemically induced panic attacks in one year just fucked me up permanently.
Old 16-11-2013, 01:35
Silver Member

Male from United States
Rob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline Medline
Points: 5,019, Level: 10 Points: 5,019, Level: 10 Points: 5,019, Level: 10
Activity: 18.4% Activity: 18.4% Activity: 18.4%

It's possible. You might need to be prescribed benzos for a period of time or a SSRI that can also be used for anxiety issues (Lexapro comes to mind); I think beta blockers like metoprolol might be useful as well if you can't get benzos.

Share this on:

Tags
addicted, asthma, bowl, cannabinoid, cannabinoid addiction, cannabinoids, cannabis, cannabis addiction, cannabis dependence, cravings, detox, drug addiction, feelings when quitting drugs, herbal blend, herbal blends, hu-210, joints, jwh blend, jwh-018, jwh-018 addiction, jwh-200, k2 summit, marijuana addiction, marijuana dependence, quitting cannabis, quitting marijuana, recovery, smoking blend, spice, spice abuse, spice addiction, tobacco, withdrawals