Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antidepressants
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 23-08-2011, 00:38
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
Nostalgic is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 193, Level: 2 Points: 193, Level: 2 Points: 193, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
How long after you stop anti-depressants...

-How long after you stop anti-depressants do you start losing it's feeling / side effects go away?

-How long after you stop anti-depressants can you possibly take them again (just in case I start to feel bad again)?

Please let me know, thank you.
Old 24-08-2011, 14:06
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Re: How long after you stop anti-depressants...

1) Depends on how long the antidepressant lasts in the body per dose. Could be anywhere from a couple of days to years I've read a few reports out there specifically on paroxetine where it took years for the person to feel normal again but this is usually in cases where they have taken the anti-depressant for a very long time. It also depends on how long you've been on the anti-depressant as well, the longer you've been on them the more your body adjusts to it as a result it takes longer for the body to adjust back to homeostasis after the anti-depressant has been removed. There really is no answer as it depends on so many variables and everyone is different.

2) Anytime UNLESS when you quit taking them you start on another medication that INTERFERES OR REACTS BADLY with the anti-depressant you were using. In which case you'd have to wait for that particular medicine to clear before you can start back up again.

Generally speaking once your body has adapted to anti-depressant <x>, when restarting the medicine it doesn't take as long as it did the first time you took it to start working again.
Old 01-09-2011, 00:30
Gold Finger

33 y/o Female from United States
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,404, Level: 7 Points: 2,404, Level: 7 Points: 2,404, Level: 7
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
-How long after you stop anti-depressants do you start losing it's feeling / side effects go away?

-How long after you stop anti-depressants can you possibly take them again (just in case I start to feel bad again)?

I have to ask:

1. Is there a specific side effect that's particularly troubling you?

2. Are you planning on stopping your antidepressant because you're feeling good? Because that's a very bad idea, antidepressants don't work like antibiotics.
Old 28-09-2011, 06:47
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Davevanza is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post

Antidepressants exer their effects within 3-4 weeks, and depending on individual symptom, Doc usually prolongs its use to prevent relapse.

As for me personally, I tried most Antidepressants, and stopping it within 1 day, I don't get any withdrawal symptoms ( as you mentioned "side effects go away")

There are many classes of antidepressants, just be careful, if you are on a MAOi ( Tranylcypromine, Phenelzine), you have to wait around 5 weeks or more, but your doc will decide the correct timing, before he starts you on other classes of Antidepressants.

If you mean that, you want to start with the same antidepressant, As for my experience on it, I could stop for several days, then continue it ( usually my pdoc changes to different one).

But again, every individual is different, and to avoid medical complication, the advice from your doc is necessary.

Kind regards,
Davevanza

Post Quality Evaluations:
Irresponsible advice that's difficult to read.

Share this on:

Tags
antidepressant, antidepressants, antidepressents, stopping antidepressants

» New Threads
700mg DPH, ah! this is what...
Last post by sydney_carton
2 Replies, 142 Views
Cold-Turkeying this shit for good...
Last post by Epyx
10 Replies, 528 Views
Can people offer suggestions on...
Last post by Calyspical