Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamine Amphetamine AKA speed

Old 22-08-2011, 07:46

Male from United States
Spence_tricky is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How does getting prescribed Adderall work? Will my parents know?

Hey all I'm new on this forum...the reason I'm posting this thread is because I'm curious about Adderall and other amphetamines like Concerta and Strattera. Basically, I used to be a exemplary student throughout elementary and middle school, but that was in large part due to my mom pushing me to do all my homework and such. In high school my productivity took a huge dip because my mom couldn't force me to do homework anymore, and now in college, my grades are actually in a very severe situation. I've already lost my scholarship...I just have the most awful work ethic issues ever.

I'm planning to see a psychiatrist soon and asking about Adderall and other amphetamine meds. I don't think that I'll be one of those types that actually need to use them all the time to crack down on the books, just once every now and then when I simply can't focus on the homework/task at hand. But at the same time I don't really want to let my parents know about it...they don't believe in that sort of meds (neither do i for that matter), but I simply can't risk wasting another academic year due to my completely crap work ethic. Assuming I get a prescription, what happens then? I tend to get distracted a lot during homework and studying...like my mom says: I play two hours of video games for every half hour I spend on homework or studying. It's getting pretty bad...

As a side thought, what kind of meds do you guys think might be best for me? I've heard that Adderall is the most powerful and effective, while Concerta and Strattera are less powerful, but are not actually amphetamine based and therefore have much fewer side-effects, something along the lines of that. Any ideas??

Thanks a lot guys
Old 22-08-2011, 08:34

21 y/o Male from United States
Young Fly is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Re: How does getting prescribed Adderall work? Will my parents know?

Don't ask for it, it looks really bad asking for a sch.II substance esspescially since your going to be seeing the psychiatrist for the first time. Just tell the symptoms, it sounds like you acually have AD(H)D. Amphetamine is preferred to methylphenidate by most people.

BTW, I think you just broke two big rules; asking how to get prescribed, something, self incrimination. And why do you care if your parents know?
Old 22-08-2011, 08:42
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

a doctor probably won't just give you amphetamines without you being tested for ADD first. You don't ask for it either. Ask for it and you will walk away with nothing or a script for straterra. That is if you even have ADD. A lot of people have trouble focusing, that doesn't mean they need amphetamines. They just need to try harder to focus and remove things that distract them (IE, television, video games, computer) and focus on their school work. You don't need drugs to do that.

Your parents wouldn't know unless you are using their insurance or you're under age. But you have to be 18 to join this site so I assume you didn't lie and you actually are of age. Plus if your of age, what can your parents do? If you actually have ADD and aren't just not applying yourself enough, you might need medication for it. It's your choice, not theirs.

Oh, and to the above poster, there is no longer rules about self-incrimination. It only applies in the chemistry forum.
Old 22-08-2011, 09:07

Male from United States
Spence_tricky is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Pictures View Post
a doctor probably won't just give you amphetamines without you being tested for ADD first. You don't ask for it either. Ask for it and you will walk away with nothing or a script for straterra. That is if you even have ADD. A lot of people have trouble focusing, that doesn't mean they need amphetamines. They just need to try harder to focus and remove things that distract them (IE, television, video games, computer) and focus on their school work. You don't need drugs to do that.

Your parents wouldn't know unless you are using their insurance or you're under age. But you have to be 18 to join this site so I assume you didn't lie and you actually are of age. Plus if your of age, what can your parents do? If you actually have ADD and aren't just not applying yourself enough, you might need medication for it. It's your choice, not theirs.

Oh, and to the above poster, there is no longer rules about self-incrimination. It only applies in the chemistry forum.

Yeah I'd like to believe that I can do it on my own, I'm that type of person. It's just this is it, do it or die situation. If my grades don't pick up this year...I can forget about going to a good grad school and all. A bad freshman year is understandable if you improve after it. My focus has been improving, but not to the point where I can consistently get everything done on schedule. Let's say I didn't have a TV or video games. I end up reading a book or I start daydreaming about something else. Sometimes I end up iming people or browsing the web. Maybe I'll start texting people.

In regards to insurance and such, I am under my parent's insurance. I've heard about how parents can't actually find out what the bill is for, just that they'll see a charge on their insurance. Apparently they can't find out without my signing a release form or something like that. But that does seem rather weird considering it's their insurance. And yeah I am 18, but it's not like I have my own health insurance, I'm on my parent's plan for a while more.

Uh, I don't think this post falls under the whole rules thing. Self incrimination...that's saying "I took this or that" right? I'm merely asking how the process of seeing a shrink and getting help works. And I'm not asking HOW to get prescribed. I already know how that works thank you very much. I'm just asking how the process works in terms of my parent's insurance and such (assuming it goes through).
Old 22-08-2011, 09:22
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United Kingdom
Cephalopod should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

Be very careful trying to get drugs prescribed, if the doctor thinks you're trying to score a script you don't need, he'll put DSB "Drug Seeking Behaviour" on your medical records. Only doctors will be able to see it, and you won't know its there, but it will make future doctors (and the one you went to) very sceptical any time you go to them with a medical complaint, as they could lose their license over your shenanigans.

Potentially that could mean that you don't get the pain meds you actually need next time you have an unprovable but painful condition, as the doctor will have a reason to not believe you, and a lot to lose if he/she isn't totally convinced.
Old 25-08-2011, 14:15
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
tweek411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1

Well i had a huge post typed up but the site went down......Main point is don't ask for a Schedule II CSA you will defiantly be seen as a drug seeker. You may be started on a non stimulant and keep saying it isnt working and eventually they will give you one. My Doc gave me trials for Adderall and vyvanse but to continue mental treatment he said i needed to see a psych because he didn't want to cause more damage. He was prescribing Xanax and i asked for a dose raise and he raised it and Seroquel and paxil so i see what he means. Plus the DEA is on doc's asses about CSA Schedule II's. If you see a pychiatrist you shouldn't have any issues getting a script. They will ask you some basic questions and score your ADHD test. well my psychiatrist did. He is very sensitive about my xanax though and docs really hate xanax my psych is always saying i can only take one during panic. On a low dose of .5 MG a day. Eventually you will most likely have to see a pychiatrist. My parents love my ADHD meds and don't mind me tweeking at all because i work. They know i had problems with roxicodone and painkillers they don't like. I was given a 15 vicodin script for head pain and my parents refused to fill it due to it being a narcotic.......Sneaky me still went to the pharmacy and picked up the script myself a week later! litteraly i just told my doc my head hurt. Which it did! But i could have easily faked and he gave me a 15 day vic 5/500 script. My mom was against it and my Doc asked how old i was? I said 18 and he said we need to talk it out. I made a bit of a scene in the office. I hope im not flagged as a drug seeker. No idea!

tweek411 added 3 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweek411 View Post
Well i had a huge post typed up but the site went down......Main point is don't ask for a Schedule II CSA you will defiantly be seen as a drug seeker. You may be started on a non stimulant and keep saying it isnt working and eventually they will give you one. My Doc gave me trials for Adderall and vyvanse but to continue mental treatment he said i needed to see a psych because he didn't want to cause more damage. He was prescribing Xanax and i asked for a dose raise and he raised it and Seroquel and paxil so i see what he means. Plus the DEA is on doc's asses about CSA Schedule II's. If you see a pychiatrist you shouldn't have any issues getting a script. They will ask you some basic questions and score your ADHD test. well my psychiatrist did. He is very sensitive about my xanax though and docs really hate xanax my psych is always saying i can only take one during panic. On a low dose of .5 MG a day. Eventually you will most likely have to see a pychiatrist. My parents love my ADHD meds and don't mind me tweeking at all because i work. They know i had problems with roxicodone and painkillers they don't like. I was given a 15 vicodin script for head pain and my parents refused to fill it due to it being a narcotic.......Sneaky me still went to the pharmacy and picked up the script myself a week later! litteraly i just told my doc my head hurt. Which it did! But i could have easily faked and he gave me a 15 day vic 5/500 script. My mom was against it and my Doc asked how old i was? I said 18 and he said we need to talk it out. I made a bit of a scene in the office. I hope im not flagged as a drug seeker. No idea!

And to add schedule II's are highly restricted in america. No refills. No call ins. needs to be a physical script........Feels like a acomplishment to posses a schedule II substance. Last time i turned in my script my doctor forgot to sign the 2nd script with all my controlled substances! i was screwed out of meds for a week and i had to drive back to the office when the car was available. was a pain! Getting the meds is a process. First the physical script.......Then you gotta get past the pharmacists and make sure its all legit............THEN they gotta make sure its in stock. I just feel happy when its all over and i get my monthly meds........heh

Last edited by tweek411; 25-08-2011 at 14:15. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, adhd, adhd medication, amphetamine, amphetamines, dealing, drug, drug screen, drug test, drug testing, drugs, drugs-forum, health, health care, iving, kid, narcotics, prescription drugs, things to do, vyvanse, xanax