Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 21-08-2011, 23:33
Silver Member

Male from USA - Virginia
whocaresdude91 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 1,023, Level: 4 Points: 1,023, Level: 4 Points: 1,023, Level: 4
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Does Niacin work for making clean urine?

SWIM has always been told that Niacin cleans out your system and can influence a drug test to be negative. Niacin is a vitamin that can be bought in drug stores and grocery stores. Does Niacin actually clean or detox your body and could contribute to a clean urine sample? Or is Niacin a myth?
Old 22-08-2011, 03:52

Male from United States
baykt is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Does Niacin work for making clean urine?

Niacin has long been rumored to flush your system, but I've never seen any proof that it does. It's really not worth it to load up on the stuff in hopes that you'll pass a test because Niacin is extremely dangerous in high doses. You can shut your liver down and wind up in a coma.

If being clean isn't an option, invest in some synthetic urine. I didn't have mine on me this past week when I got pulled from work for a random and almost got burned because of it.
Old 24-08-2011, 03:11
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.
Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

"Drinking lots of water or diluting urine: The idea behind this is to dilute the concentration of the detectable drugs in the urine to below the cutoff levels of the test. The problem with this is that it's easy to over do it and creatinine and specific gravity are both commonly tested for and this method throws those off. Drinking too much water can dilute the urine causing lowered levels of creatinine. Creatinine is naturally found in all urine and is typically tested for as a standard part of any drug test (it's required by law to be tested for in the USA). Specific gravity is also easily tested for (and required by law in the USA if creatinine levels are below 20 ng/mL) and will change if the urine is diluted. Drinking lots of water will do nothing to help clean your system of drugs, it will only dilute the urine.

Vitamin B: Vitamin B used to be recommended to color the urine after a subject had drank plenty of water. This won't help at all because of what is mentioned above."
- http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=128474

(Niacin is a B vitamin)

Post Quality Evaluations:
Covers both the logic behind niacin supplementation and the reasons it's pointless well
Old 25-08-2011, 23:19
Titanium Member

32 y/o Male from United States
Mr. Jiki is on the way upMr. Jiki is on the way upMr. Jiki is on the way upMr. Jiki is on the way up
Points: 401, Level: 3 Points: 401, Level: 3 Points: 401, Level: 3

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: Pretty much what DS says above. Creatinine is a metabolic by-product of muscle metabolism. Now, some people naturally have low creatinine levels, without the need to flush their system (e.g. drink lots of water). This isn't the norm and is below 5% of the population.

Like DS said SWIY isn't "cleaning" the drug out of SWIY's system, rather diluting it's concentration in SWIY's urine. Think of it like having a 5 gallon tank at a pet shop with 500 goldfish, you take a scoop with a net, you'll get 30 goldfish easy. Now add 50 gallons of water and you still have the same amount of goldfish, but you use your scoop and you'll get 5 with one go. Now if a positive screen is say 15 fish, the 5 gallon situation is going to be positive. But the 55 gallon one is negative.

This works until the creatinine levels fall under 20 mg/dl, which is the Health and Human Services cutoff. anything under 5 mg/dl is considered non-human and is assumed to have been dunked in the toilet or run under the sink". Depending on the agency that is doing the test, a creatinine level under 20 mg/dl is considered an automatic fail.

I'm not sure on this, but I have read that taking B vitamins will make urine yellow, and taking creatine will raise the creatinine level of the dilute urine. I'll go buy creatine and some B-complex pills and test this out. My puppy's lab has an Olympus AU600 to do some EIA analysis, and we have a refractometer to look at specific gravity.

Since SWIM does not do drugs that data will not be reportable to see if it does "flush" enough to be below cutoff...that is another story depending on the drug, what time it was taken prior to the test, dosage, etc. But SWIM will be able to report on if taking creatine and B-complex vitamins after drinking 2+ liters of water will give a >20 mg/dl creatinine level and turn SWIM's urine yellow.
Old 26-08-2011, 00:17
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United States
Laylovv is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1

No Niacin is worthless when it comes to testing. The posts above covered water binging as its worthless also and i'm sure very uncomfortable. Depending on whose running your test (employer, military, doc/probation officer) you will almost surely throw up a red flag with to much water as this is the thing so many have done since testing started.

Is there a particular drug that your friend was trying to clean out of their system?
Old 26-08-2011, 00:30
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
Dr. X is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

My friend tried this on several occasions and he turned as red as a lobster. He passed a few tests and failed one or two. I'm pretty sure niacin is useless for passing a test, it's definitely not 100% effective.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:47

30 y/o Male from United States
jaymay is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

It will in fact throw a drug test off, I know this for a fact! I Drank three amp energy drinks prior that morning, bout one hour or so before testing. One week later my boss came to me, told me that I needed to go back to the MEA clinic to take a secondary test. He said the results had came back inconclusive. He told me that I had to of did something to disrupt the test, as for as the nurse had told him. I had just started this job, just to say. When I had went back to the MEA clinic one week later. I did piss again, three days later, I was called to his office where this was told to me. I failed for amphedamines. I did take an Adarall the day before. They did in fact catch me off guard.
Hope this helps some of u out there.
I have to take one in three days. When I get up I will drink five amp drinks that I bought last night, for the next two days . I have been takin opiates pretty much sense two days ago. I will tell u how it went. For know hope this has been helpful to whomever.

I believe this
will help all of u out there!!!!!

Old 15-01-2014, 23:06
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.
Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

Jay, it's not vitamin b that caused an inconclusive test what likely caused this was the sample was too diluted for getting definitive results.

Vitamin B does nothing for drug tests other than make the urine look less diluted because of the color vitamin B.
Old 16-01-2014, 02:18
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
Cwb20022 is on the way upCwb20022 is on the way upCwb20022 is on the way up
Points: 550, Level: 3 Points: 550, Level: 3 Points: 550, Level: 3
Activity: 37.5% Activity: 37.5% Activity: 37.5%

No. A couple years ago I had a pre employment drug test for k Mart warehouse. I stopped smoking two days before and took a shitload of niacin. Well I failed and didn't get the job. Niacin does absolutely nothing. Scientist have tested it and proven it doesn't work along with a lot of other myths that people claim work and don't.

Now if I have a urine test coming up I just bring someone elses in a bottle( a glue bottle works nicely and easy to conceal) with a hand warmer taped to it to keep it warm. The fresher the better because once the urine came out at like 102 degree Fahrenheit. I don't think the lady ever saw it above body temp and passed me though.

And remember there continually testing for the flush drinks and pills you take before the test. Every time something works they begin to test for it. Thankfully a lot of places use swabs now so all you have to do is quit a couple days. I know I smoked 18 hrs before 1 and passed. I also woulda had opiates in my system if it was urine.

Last edited by Cwb20022; 16-01-2014 at 02:29.
Old 16-01-2014, 06:41
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way up
Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

If you're trying to pass a urine test within a few days, do not try to take a large dose of Niacin, it will not help.
Although if you have a few weeks, I believe Niacin MIGHT help, which preparations with it commonly have vitamin B-12.
I've read varying answers to whether either of those speed up your metabolism, so if anyone can provide a reputable source on that that'd be great.

When do you have to get your urine tested?
Exercise will definitely speed up your metabolism, although if you're trying to get cannabis out of your system, I believe I read that the primary metabolite is fat-soluble. Therefore I'm assuming if you burn body fat, it could release back into your system therefore increasing the amount of time for it to clear out of your body. Keep in mind that's just my theory from various things I've read, if I'm incorrect I encourage and would appreciate it if you correct me.

Anyways to relate to a personal experience with a urine test, I had about two to three weeks to clear cannabis out my system. I did take Niacin with B12 every night, obviously the recommended dosage. While I'm not saying it does increase the speed of your metabolism, I did pass the urine test even though I was a habitual smoker. From every day to every other day, very often for several months to put it bluntly. Then again I'm quite skinny so that probably played a factor in it as well. Please don't assume I'm trying to say Niacin WILL help you with a drug test.
Old 17-01-2014, 17:31
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
Cwb20022 is on the way upCwb20022 is on the way upCwb20022 is on the way up
Points: 550, Level: 3 Points: 550, Level: 3 Points: 550, Level: 3
Activity: 37.5% Activity: 37.5% Activity: 37.5%

Isn't b12 vitamin just supposed to add color back to your urine if you drink lots of water. It does nothing for cleaning your system. But they check creatine levels making this method ineffective. It doesn't matter how yellow your urine is. If the creatine levels aren't were they're supposed to be the test will be considered inconclusive. Years ago I was in an outpatient rehab and tested weekly. I tried sure gel which also didn't work. And adding bleach which also didn't work either.

That I just stopped smoking and was able to pass in 9'days. Although the following test came out as positive. It was sent to the lab and found to be negative so I passed. And this was over ten years ago so I'm sure there better and more accurate by now. But like I said I'm a big advocate for mouth swabs.

Last edited by Cwb20022; 17-01-2014 at 17:37.

Share this on:

Tags
niacin