Notices

Old 20-08-2011, 22:14
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Kev 94 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Getting high of Methadone!

Hi group swim hopes you are well. Swim is just curious as anyones friend of a friend or pet ever took methadone just for the high of it, to take enough of it so that youre sure of a buzz.

Swims just been put on a methadone script were swim has to drink on site 60mg daily. But swim dosnt feel this dosage and like most drugs swim takes he has a very high tolerance. He hopes that soon swim may be able to take their daily dose home with them but I dont think swim will do what he used to do with the methadone again!

Once a heroin addict swim sought out help and was put on a script 7 years ago that script ended and swim finally became clean. But 9 years ago swim used to have to pick up daily TO TAKE HOME 68ml/mg. Well swim loves a good drug induced high or buzz so he decided he would acheive this with swims methadone. Swim would pick up and store each days 68mg/ml and when it came Saturday swim would have 2 to collect and then have a week (7 days) worth of methadone. 476 mg/ml of the green stuff. Now swim would never advocate what he used to do, ever! looking back now it was just to dangerous or was it I would like your opinion. Swim would swallow the full 7 days worth in one go at about 1.30pm saturday. Thats 476mg/mls worth. And at easter good friday followed by a waster monday he would have a further 68ml/mg to take.

Swim felt this intake, swim felt it 5 hours after swallowing it. It made him tired but to tired that he couldnt sleep and he would be awake most of the night in a funny trance like state. The experience was weird he never rushed or slipped nicely in between conciousness but stayed in between limbe of being very tired but not enough to fall asleep, in fact the experience of this much methadone nearly left him feeling uncomfortable, he used to do this everyweek but looking back on it now, like swim says it could have been dangerous. Dose anyone out their enjoy their methadone experience or take meth just for the feeling. O.K Group take care,,
Old 20-08-2011, 22:24
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Getting high of Methadone!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev 94 View Post
Now swim would never advocate what he used to do, ever! looking back now it was just to dangerous or was it I would like your opinion. Swim would swallow the full 7 days worth in one go at about 1.30pm saturday. Thats 476mg/mls worth. And at easter good friday followed by a waster monday he would have a further 68ml/mg to take.
476ml in one go? and SWIY is seriously wondering if others think that was dangerous??

Yes.
Yes that was very VERY dangerous. In fact, I am really only responding to say that I hope anyone reading this thread in future will realise very quickly that taking that much methadone regardless of opiate tolerance would be extremely foolish - and quite possibly deadly.

Far too many people have died from methadone OD...in the name of harm reduction, please please take your script as directed.
Be safe.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good harm reduction advice in the face of pretty reckless behavior
Old 20-08-2011, 22:33
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom

Yes thanks for your reply and at the time of doing this much meth swim wishes that they could have had a forum were swim could have found out about things like this. Theres a lot out there who dont realise how lethal methadone is. I hope others in future dont follow swims earlier mistakes that turned out o.k but could have turned out quite nasty.
Old 20-08-2011, 22:41
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,647, Level: 12 Points: 7,647, Level: 12 Points: 7,647, Level: 12
Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0%

Just to give a rough idea of methadones potency, 5mg is sufficient to put my Uncle Baldylocks into a very gauchy state for up to 24 hours, although it has a half life of around 36 hours. Around 60-70mg daily would be a fairly typical dose for maintenance of one addicted to heroin. 476 mg would probably result in a fatal overdose.

great information to give a sense of perspective. and good harm reduction
Old 20-08-2011, 23:26
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

Like any opiate, a tolerance can surpass logical doses. I heard one man taking 1000mg of methadone in a day. This is possible. Not for a newbie of course, however extraordinary doses of all opiates have been obtained.

Then you wonder, man how is this dude ever gonna detox on that high a dose, it'll probably kill him.

For example, a ordinary dose of diamorphin is 4mg I.V. equal to 15mgs of morphine I.V. They are different chemicals so one has to keep that in mind. However, the Mexicans in the Mid-West dispense 100mg-200mg of Tar per bag. Even at 40-50% that is a lot. A newbie would OD, but some take 7-8 bags a day. They have developed a tolerance over time. You hear people say they take 400mg of Oxycontin a day. That's like taking eighty (80) 5mg Percocet. Tolerance can go very high, and IMO, there is no limit that I have heard of.

These are problems of extreme addicts, not newbies. The most I ever was dosed on methadone was 148mg/day. If I would take my two take home doses I would be taking a gamble, but I've taken that gamble and what happened is I took way too much, was disoriented, lost, sat down for 2 hours nodding out, and then my friend finally found me. We were at DIA (airport). Never again, would I do that. I can't imagine how close I was to just stop breathing, but again, God looked over me. My tolerance to all drugs has always been very high. Some are not so lucky. The OP is lucky also. If a benzo or two was taken at the time of the 476mg ingestion, we would be burying your friend. Be cautious and not gluttonous. A reasonable high is always within safe reach.

Also, usually with Methadose, there is 10mg/ml. Then they will add some water, and give it to a person. I don't doubt they are given one 68mg a day and one saved 476mg and did it at once. The problem with this is how fast your body metabolizes it. If you did that much one day, and the next day did some alprazolam (or any significant amount of any benzo) you could die the second day. So be safe.

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 14-03-2012 at 17:41.
Old 20-08-2011, 23:44

29 y/o Male from United States
Pain Pill Killer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Back when my friends tolerance was low(20mgs Vicodin /day), he took 20mgs of methadone and was completely messed up and slept for 15 hours. Since then he hasn't messed with it again, but was thinking about trying to get a script.
Old 25-08-2011, 07:07
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom

Hi Group Swim has learned their lesson even though no harm was done, you say that if I would have had a benzo it would have been curtains for swim but at the time has was drinking 7 days worth of methadone he was prescribed nitrazepam mixture and sometimes it would swap round for temezepam elizur so swim used to have the 2 weeks worth of these on a friday night the day before his methadone. So I suppose the benzos would still have been in his system, how foolish swim was but he did it week in week out and never was ill once but it is certainly something swim would never do again
Old 26-08-2011, 11:09
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11

Wow, you certainly had luck on your side at that point - the benzos would have surely still been hanging around in your system when you took the methadone on top. I'm glad you've changed your ways and are still with us to warn others of the dangers!
Be safe...
Old 27-12-2011, 20:51

36 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
jdimond88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

I take 420 tabs a month 7 10mg tabs tid. That is from my friendly local doctor. The pharmicist at Rite Aid told me she has a patient that gets 1200 of the ten mg tabs a month. This is straight from her mouth. That is 400mg every day! If I take my 14 a day no problems. I habve been on that dose for many years. I can take them untill there commingt out of my ears and I just get sick. (dizzy, upset stomach, unsettled feeling) I feel much better and anything resembling a buzz at my regular dose. I know it sounds strange but more methadone does not really make me feel "better" Of course if I go more than 24 max 48 hours without my methadone I turn into a raging lunatic and would chew my own arm off for a dose of done'. 70mg up the old nasal highway and back to normal. I get the 10 mg white mallies M on one side with57 71 on the other. I fought for years with rehab, NA (crap), in patient out patient up down left and right, and methadone taken daily just like a medicine for any other health condidtion gave me my life back. Ok I admit I dont snort my blood pressure medication.

chirodude
Old 06-01-2012, 17:48
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United Kingdom
HaZie is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%

I've never got any "high" from drinking methadone but I do know a couple of people that drink excessive amounts of the green stuff daily. One lady regularly drinks 500ml of methadone per day - it may be more than that now as it has been a while since I saw her. I know she regularly swallows other downers with it. I have witnessed her down 1000ml in a day before plus a handful of tablets.
The other guy I know will take what ever amount of methadone they can get hold of. In fact, he pretty much missed heroin out completely and went straight for the methadone.
Both have been doing this for over ten years now and their bodies have adapted to this extreme dosing. Both have told me they prefer methadone to heroin.

I was on methadone for about 10 years and the only time I liked it was when I was receiving IV amps. Even then I didn't get any kind of buzz but I did get a feeling of something as it entered my system which was enough at the time to trick myself into thinking I had taken something and was able to stay clean for a while - well, abstaining from street drugs.

Last edited by HaZie; 06-01-2012 at 17:52. Reason: missed a bit
Old 15-02-2012, 09:04

Male from Canada
Mithras Sol Invictus should review received reputation comments.
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1

Swim was on a dose of 90 ml for 10 years and knows for a fact that taking valiums with methadone will produce a 'heroin' type high. Swim recalls spending much time and effort acquiring benzo's while on the methadone program. There is actually a really good 'cult' documentary about this very subject called 'Methadonia' that might be helpful. Check it out.
Old 15-02-2012, 13:41
Silver Member

Male from United States
Crestcreepin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1

Ive never been on MMT personally. but i do remember, the first opiate i had ever taken. EVER was methadone. id never even done hydrocodone before this. i remember my girlfriend at the time gave me 4 10mg done. i didnt realize how long it took methadone to reach peak plasma levels, so my opiate naive dumbass eats all 4 dones within an hour and a half... i shit you not i threw up blood once or twice, and definitely couldnt hold back any foreign objects or liquids in my stomach for from being so sick and couldnt open my eyes for 2 and a half days from nodding so hard. my friend was sweet enough to drive me and my car home from class that day. at that moment in my life i swore off any kind of painkiller until about 4 months later (same girlfriend) introduced me to oxycontin. game on from that moment on =(
Old 05-03-2012, 20:36

32 y/o Male from United States
Super-Monkey should review received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'd like to say I (as well as some of you guys obviously) know first hand that different people are affected by tolerance differently. I used to work with a guy who mostly just took Hydrocodone's, 10's and 7.5's. He would eat a crapload of them but as we know Hydro is really nothing compared to Methadone. Although he occasionally took Methadone when it came around he by far had no real build up or tolerance to it but this didn't stop him from buying and proceeding to cram down ten of the 10mg pills all at once.

I thought for sure I would be calling an ambulance and watching this dude die at work but all that happened was he got fucked up and had a great day speeding his ass off. A lot of the people I know are like me as in most all opiates make us speedy for some reason. Anyway it was the strangest thing and I had worked with the guy for years and saw him do similar things from time to time. The only reason I don't think he was doing anything heavier habitually is that he would come around a few days later, munch down five or six Hydro 7.5's and still get a buzz. I'm just really surprised 100mg's of Methadone didn't kill someone with his tolerance but I guess people are just all made differently.

The first time I took Methadone I was only taking Hydro and really didn't have a tolerance and I took 40mg's all at once and was to fucked up to function about four hours afterwards. I also experienced the weird sleep thing to that is mentioned in the OP. It's like I would be asleep but completely aware at the same time and could just go in and out as I pleased. I still woke up feeling refreshed like I had a full nights sleep the next morning.
Old 09-05-2012, 17:11

Male from USA - Alabama
DrugTester should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%

when i did methadone (one time) i took 10 mg i loved that shit so much i can never do it again be carefull with it addiction seemed like it would be very very easy with it
Old 26-05-2012, 19:01
Silver Member

Male from Earth
Pinpoint pupils is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1

First of all swim would like to discourage anyone from abusing methadone. (not that swim hasn't done it)
Dones are way too easy to o.d. on, because swim knows the impatience that comes with waiting three hours before feeling any effects. Swim's first ever experience with methadone was a scary one. He ended up dosing 70 mg in a few hours and woke up unable to feel his body at all. Being about 16 years old at the time swim was very synthetic opiate naive. Now with many experiences under his belt, over the years he rarely uses methadone for recreational purposes. It is too easy to get hooked and then just go the clinic with opiates in your system and score some dones. Swim would choose methadone over subutex though. Swim feels more euphoria from dones but would only resort to them if he's jonesing or can't find any REAL opiates. So I guess, yeah swim enjoys the methadone experience but of course in moderation.
Old 14-06-2012, 05:09

56 y/o Male from United States
lowdsrtjon should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Getting high of Methadone!

When my friend gets his script of 10mg. he gets 360 a month. He'll swallow 30 at a click and get a great slow high for a night. He has never od'd on them and loves the high. Is he normal or what???? He is a articulate well educated person who loves all types of substances except alcohol!!!! He wouldn't touch a drink at all considering it the devils poison. He just loves drugs and the way they make him feel. ldj
Old 23-06-2012, 05:13
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Australia
mikezombie777 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3

Abusing Methadone is never a good idea. The half life and potency of it makes it extremely dangerous, even for people who aren't opiate naive. The high just isn't worth it, I'm on 35mg daily and I've abused my take home doses at times. Sure, you get a slight buzz but it's not worth the risk.

You're better off grabbing some OTC pills with codeine and doing a cold water extraction.

And of course, it's one of the most addictive substances on Earth. The withdrawals are worse than Heroin.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:15
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,526, Level: 5 Points: 1,526, Level: 5 Points: 1,526, Level: 5
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Definitely agree it can be dangerous but so can any other opiate/opioid. The reason I think this one could be considered more dangerous is because the time it takes for blood plasma levels to peak and for any effects to be felt, it can take up to an hour easy just to feel an effect let alone plasma levels peaking. Because of this people can take more before they should and by then it can be too late.

The other thing is the entire word is almost a dirty word, "methadone". It's a drug of dirty scum bag granny robbing junkies, isn't it? Well of course not but that's how some people see it. It's just another opioid that happens to have a long half life and is relatively cheap to manufacture. Me personally? I think it's a bad choice to put people on a high dose of extremely long acting opioids as treatment option but that's just me.

I definitely don't believe it is the most addictive substance on earth, I don't see how. It acts on the same receptor sites as any other opioid. Are the withdrawals worse than heroin, I am not so sure, they can certainly last a lot longer due to the very long half life and because it's pure in the sense that there are no adulterants then perhaps the withdrawals can be more.... focused.

The author raises good questions about how the withdrawal from methadone "Should" be similar to other opiates, and pointed out the unhealthy stigma attached to the word "methadone".

Last edited by Solinari; 16-07-2014 at 12:27.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:32
Titanium Member

36 y/o Male from Earth
&rew is on the way up&rew is on the way up&rew is on the way up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solinari View Post
I definitely don't believe it is the most addictive substance on earth, I don't see how. It acts on the same receptor sites as any other opioid. Are the withdrawals worse than heroin...
I'll try to give you a clue.

Let's imagine two equipotential options. Cold turkey from 1g of heroin per day and another option is 50mg methadone. Both supportive doses. Both CT without any meds at all.

With heroin 10-12 hours after last injection the one already gets wet eyes and nose. 24 hours after already starts normal acute WD. Up to 4th-5th day symptoms getting acuter and acuter. And on 6th-7th day WDs fast become a way easier. Then a week or two of insomnia and you are done with acute phase.

With methadone it is a bit more complicated. First night after last injection the one has a great deep sleep. Second night not that bad too. No buzz but still ok. Third night already harder, but if one tired during the day and work a bit on himself before get into bed he also could get full time sleep. It'll be vivid shiting out nightmares but it is still sleep. On forth night starts problems. One just can't get sleep, each 30 seconds he turns over on one side... on other side... hugs the pillow... head under the pillow... head next to pillow... hangs one leg from the bed... put another leg on the wall... "damn pillow" -- throw it away... "without pillow it is even worse" -- crawl for pillow... stand up to walk a bit... lay him down... same non stop twisting. And finally, after running dry, one gets a 2-4 hours of sleep, not even a sleep, just laying still. Sleeping pills not works, one just gets more tired and strive to roll over the bed. He just can't lay still: something like restless legs but spread all over the body. Fifth night the same but this time one is a lucky guy if he got an hour of sleep.

Common for opiates symptoms unfold very slow: first tears might appear at the end of 3rd day. Heroin's second day symptoms one gets somewhere at 5th 6th day. WDs not only lasts longer it also become acute very slow (comparing to heroin). Heroin's 4-5th day peak for methadone comes at 9-10-11th day, so one could note each small changes in growing pain. One reaches this peak fully sucked dry by insomnia, brain tired up to hallucinations, body hurts with lot of adrenaline but one can't spend it `cos that's not his body anymore.

And of course, main difference of methadone. No matter what other say, SWIM sure methadone has NMDA activity, not that bright like dipipanone, but it has. It is well notable after coke+methadone shot, when coke remembrance still fresh, even 10 hours after SWIM catches himself on clenching tooth and that almost not notable coke buzz, even echos of coke buzz but there is one for sure. Anyway, depression on methadone's CT is a way harder then on heroin or after any other depressants SWIM (ab)used. One man here hanged oneself during his in home methadone detox. Probably, SWIM could try to quote his thoughts before hanging: "that's it, no more `done... till the end of the life... years of striving to wake up at the morning... to eat... to work... to pay bills... to endlessly pointlessly run in this maze made by someone else where I have to run... years without motivation to live... years of suffering... and all this just to die at the end... why not end it right now?". Even understanding that this depression is just chemical disorder in body produced by years of methadone using. Even in this case depression presses hard, too hard for some people. With heroin one just don't has time for those mental undertones (material pain starts pretty fast), but methadone gives a lot of time to let depression sneak through each deep dark corner of victim's soul. Plus strung out brain...

To be honest there is a lot of differences between heroin and methadone CT, PAWS, recovery... To tired to write all of it. And I doubt all this, hardly notable from outside, differences interesting to anybody.

Just because you get methadone almost for free it is not:
Quote:
...a drug of dirty scum bag granny robbing junkies, isn't it? Well of course not but that's how some people see it...
SWIM living in a country where methadone forbid just like coke, heroin or any other "most dangerous" drug, there is no MMT or any other gains of civilized society. So SWIM could say what place methadone takes on a black market when it is in same terms as, for example, heroin. 1g of methadone costs here as 10g of heroin or 2g of coke. And this is really low price because only 2 years passed since lists of controlled precursors included methadone precursors. 3 years ago anybody, who able to read, has not that big start-up budget and time, could go to nearest chemical shop spend some money, time and 2-5 days after he has ~600g of `done. So there is a lot of methadone labs, probably, same quantity as meth labs.

Most of methadone "abusers" here runs theirs own MMT. SWIM even blind detoxed married couple once. Even when getting methadone same dangerous (no, even more dangerous) that getting heroin, people still hustle for methadone. Possessing SWIM's weekly dose prosecutes here up to 20 years in jail. Most of methadone users here is a mature opi-oids/-ates users who raced through highs and deeps of addiction that came along with all well-known complications. Methadone WDs same common as heroin WDs here and it happens often. But... people still use methadone knowing it and gone through it. Just don't want to rewrite that is written thousand times on this forum about why and for who MMT useful and even life saver sometimes. Another question is why some doctors drag into MMT, for example, codeine kid with 4 months experience, that's stupid, really stupid.

Sorry, too tired to finish this post, anyway I forgot what I were trying to say while typed all this arguments. If I remember why i wrote it I'll add it.

Share this on:

Tags
amidone, analgesic, benzodiazepine, dolophine, drugs, drugs-forum, euphoria, heptadon, methadone, methadone dosage, methadone dose, methadone high, methadone maintenance treatment, methadone od, methadose, mmt, opiate, opioid, phy, physeptone, symoron