Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 16-08-2011, 22:39
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United Kingdom
seuss_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
High Valium (Diazepam) dosage

The Cat likes to treat himself to some Valium on the odd occasion. He'd like to note that he only uses it recreationally and very rarely. There has been a time when he's felt relatively heavy effects on just 15mg, and a later time where he's dropped over 100mg without falling asleep for at least a couple of hours -- heavy effects were still felt nonetheless. Maybe the tablets he took weren't at their advertised 10mg? The Cat suffered from short-term memory loss for a couple of days after this high dosage and was slightly more clumsy for a few hours, but there were no major side effects.

When prescribed, doctor's claim that 5mg of Valium is a relatively high dosage. The Cat can't seem to find any accurate information on safe dosages of using Valium recreationally. The Cat will always start off by only dropping a couple of Valium to be on the safe side before he ventures out into dropping larger amounts. What he wants to know is what is considered a safe dosage to venture out to without suffering too many severe side effects or worse? Any added information on dosages would be highly appreciated. He most recently dropped Valium branded as MSJ.

Regards

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please use rather generic names of medications than their brand names (example diazepam instead of Valium)
Old 16-08-2011, 23:36
Policy, Various & Reviews
Co-Moderator

49 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,136, Level: 12 Points: 7,136, Level: 12 Points: 7,136, Level: 12
Activity: 11.6% Activity: 11.6% Activity: 11.6%
Re: High Valium dosage

Up to 100mg is a hefty dose for an occasional user. Had the Cat had a meal before taking it? Even 15 mg would have me on my arse. The last time my Uncle Baldylocks had diazepam was a few years ago, and 2.5 mg had a good effect. It sounds as if the pills the Cat had were of dubious provenance, maybe they weren't as advertised.
Another possible cause is that the Cat has a higher tolerance than he realises, which might imply that use is more frequent than the Cat realises. 100 mg is also the highest single dose of diazepam my follicularly disadvantaged uncle ever took. He had been on nights for a while and had built up quite a tolerance. It's surprising that he did not end up with withdrawals when he stopped using.
Diazepam is relatively safe in that it is hard to OD on fatally when taken orally, unless other medications and substances are added. CNS depressants, including alcohol, are potentiated by diazepam.
The maximum prescribed dose of diazepam is 30mg daily, in divided doses. There is a risk posed by errors of judgement, especially for occasional users. Things can get quite confusing when high doses are taken.

Brilliant factual, straight to the point summary, well done. I especially agree with your final 2 sentences about judgement. can be very dangerous.
Old 16-08-2011, 23:51

Male from United Kingdom
seuss_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1

The Cat had eaten a substantial meal before dropping the Valium. His last experience had been a few days prior to this where he'd dropped 50mg. His experience prior to that one had been several months where he'd dropped the 15mg. The Cat trusts his source as it has had a lot of positive feedback. Thank you for your response. Anyone else?
Old 17-08-2011, 18:44
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from USA - Minnesota
Emin is captain of the psychonauts.Emin is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

I've heard so many stories about people taking 100-150mg of Valium a day. WTF? How? If I take a 5mg val I'll be on my ass zoned all day, and I usually take 2-5mg of Klonopin a day.
Old 17-08-2011, 19:01
Silver Member

42 y/o Female from United Kingdom
luckyeppie is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

My val is prescribed so is pharmacueticaly trustworthy. I also only take it occasionally and do not do any other drugs or drink alcohol. Because my tolerance is so low, any more than 10mg just sends me to sleep after about 30 minutes. If i take it several times daily, after about 4-5 days I build tolerance so would need up to double the amount to relieve my anxiety and after about 10 days I dont get high at all, just monged out from the accumulated dosage. Bu I can't imagine having a 100mg dose, I think it would knock me unconscious - I think either you're used to harder drugs? or very obese or are taking it more or less everyday, or your pills are not pure. The overdose level is supposed to be 40mg, all that happens is that you sleep, but are at risk of dying from suppressing your breathing and other cns functions. If you drink with it, you're at risk of choking from vomit inhalation. Take care x
Old 18-08-2011, 21:41
Banned

26 y/o Male from Jamaica
Braincells is heading for the Darwin Award.Braincells is heading for the Darwin Award.

"lol that bad rep didnt get the message of my post, anyways im on a 150mg of diazepam/day and i feel better than ever, i feel like, perfect, unless i smoke a cigg or smoke a joint then i have to take some more, anyways, your numbers are not correct otherwise i should be dead, my tolerance was low when i started i was doing 100mg or so and didnt die or anything,

also if i take too much mixed with weed i get this feeling of heaven and stuff like that, sometimes, and i have trouble sleeping, sometimes.

I wonder how I will end up after i stop taking this, even im lowering my dose slowly..."

This was said by my friend here, i dont know his name.
Old 19-08-2011, 10:59

27 y/o Male from United Kingdom
psychedelic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1

swim is doing about 20-40mg of diazepam daily and he feel like he is very depressed. sometimes he feel he reach the peak of life and the knows everything, sometimes he practice yoga and meditation.swim get no joy from life anymore. not even sex brings joy. swim just wants to leave this world thinking that he's a god and he's immortal. btw swim is on 20mg olazapine aswell. life sucks unless strong proper drugs like ketamine and amphetamines. peace
Old 19-08-2011, 12:15
Silver Member

Female from United Kingdom
lillianni is captain of the psychonauts.lillianni is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1

Diazepam, as with all Benzo's, can be evil stuff and I know many people who take huge amounts with no ill effects, this does not mean, however, that it is safe to do so. As has been previously mentioned, the maximum recommended dose is 30mg divided into 2 doses.

Personally, I take 5mg when needed, this is becoming rarer and rarer thankfully as I do not wish to be addicted.
Old 19-08-2011, 13:30
Silver Member

43 y/o Male from Scotland
Highland.habit is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 161, Level: 2 Points: 161, Level: 2 Points: 161, Level: 2

My pet duck is on 30mg daily prescribed, but right now is down to one 10mg a day, somtimes every second day. Daffy has been on this for 5 yrs now, and used to take the full 30mg a day, but has hiself down to the 10, he tried taking 5mg each day, instead of 10mg once every two days, but found he was better on the one 10mg when required.

He is looking to take this down further, however he is pally with a swan who has been known to have taken up to 300mg in oners before, when being stupid, and all it seemed to do was make her incredibly(more)stupid for the following few days, clumsy and very very drowsy, after waking up after the 2hour crash after they took effect.
Old 19-08-2011, 14:37
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United Kingdom
_Dante_ is a decent psychonaut._Dante_ is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 218, Level: 2 Points: 218, Level: 2 Points: 218, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braincells View Post
your numbers are not correct otherwise i should be dead, my tolerance was low when i started i was doing 100mg or so and didnt die or anything,
Just because you didn't die, doesn't mean others won't. Please be more careful when giving out information like this.

100mg is a very high dose of valium for someone with no tolerance and is likely to knock them off their feet. While the drug alone may not kill them, they could well suffer injury or worse through their actions while under the influence of such a high dose.

To the OP: If I were you, I'd work slowly up to find the dose that you require to get the feeling you want, and then note that dose down. After that, i would do all I could to refrain from increasing it, or taking it too regularly.

Otherwise, you run the risk of increased tolerance, or addiction.

Excellent safety advice which should be followed by anyone who's benzo naive.
Old 19-08-2011, 19:39
Banned

26 y/o Male from Jamaica
Braincells is heading for the Darwin Award.Braincells is heading for the Darwin Award.

"im giving my personal experience, that doesnt count? obviously if someone shoots IV 100mg of diazepam would probably die (ME WANT) but i was doing it slowly through the day under the tongue and it has an anti-od called Hematropine Metilbromure or something like that."

My friend said that, dont know his name, never told it to me, i think its in my imagination... and i have no creativity so this is weird!
Old 19-08-2011, 23:33
Policy, Various & Reviews
Co-Moderator

49 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,136, Level: 12 Points: 7,136, Level: 12 Points: 7,136, Level: 12
Activity: 11.6% Activity: 11.6% Activity: 11.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emin View Post
I've heard so many stories about people taking 100-150mg of Valium a day. WTF? How? If I take a 5mg val I'll be on my ass zoned all day, and I usually take 2-5mg of Klonopin a day.
the thing about benzos, including diazepam, is that a tolerance builds up quite fast with regular use.
Old 20-08-2011, 20:07
Banned

26 y/o Male from Jamaica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
the thing about benzos, including diazepam, is that a tolerance builds up quite fast with regular use.
"strange, im lowering my dose, i feel a bit of withdrawals sometimes but im okay, im not slowing that fast either, also smoking lots of weed, ciggs, and coffee, so its a combination of counter effects.

I wanna stop smoking because i get the effect divided by 10x but when im soooo relaxed i wanna light one... f****** nicotine addiction : /

Aso something that happens to me is that sometimes when im lowering my dose more considerably just to see how it goes (i know diazepam has 200h life in the organism so ive not experienced abstinence really, not even close) Anyways i suddenly feel (probably after smoking a cigg) like SHIT and i have to take 30 mg or so in 2 times (5mg pills under the tongue) or i feel like the old me >.> sad, depressed, paranoid, retarded, stupid, low self esteem etc etc etc"

Said by my friend, i dont know why i call him friend if i dont even know his real name...
Old 20-08-2011, 20:51
Opiates & Opioids
Co-Moderator

52 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Smeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline Medline
Points: 7,211, Level: 12 Points: 7,211, Level: 12 Points: 7,211, Level: 12
Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2%

Saddened to hear about your friend, Braincells. It sounds like they're having a problem with benzo addiction.
I would like to ask if the valium was medically prescribed? If not then perhaps medical supervision may be a preferable option for monitoring the present effects, and possible self-elective safe withdrawal from it.

The OP is rightly concerned about their consumption of diazepam. The dosage(s) mentioned can be difficult to physically or psychologically manage without medical guidance. As mentioned before in areas of this forum, truly long term undesirable withdrawal symptoms can ensue in times of drought, or even self imposed partial (or full) abstinence can result in epileptiform seizures.

Be safe.
Old 20-08-2011, 21:18
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Kev 94 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Swim didnt know that, that 30mg id the highest dose a doctor can prescribe daily. Swim as a well high tolerance of diazepam even when swim is not taking it regular. The most swim ever took of diazepam orally, the 5mg yellow tablet was about 500mg, equal to half a gram, shit swims friend of a friend worked at a drugs company and he smhuggled out a big tub of legit 5mg diazepam. There must a been well easy over a few thousand of them. The 500mg put swim in a trance like effect but it wasnt a relax kind of time a chilled out vibe wasnt how swim would describe it but a energetic angry buzz that left swim more confused and angry (thogh swim never got violent) at the world. Swim never touched a drop of alcohol through this. To be honest it wasnt a thing he'd ever do again even if he could get hold of 500mg of valium.

Please don't use SWIM anymore
Old 20-08-2011, 23:02
Banned

26 y/o Male from Jamaica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeg View Post
Saddened to hear about your friend, Braincells. It sounds like they're having a problem with benzo addiction.
I would like to ask if the valium was medically prescribed? If not then perhaps medical supervision may be a preferable option for monitoring the present effects, and possible self-elective safe withdrawal from it.

The OP is rightly concerned about their consumption of diazepam. The dosage(s) mentioned can be difficult to physically or psychologically manage without medical guidance. As mentioned before in areas of this forum, truly long term undesirable withdrawal symptoms can ensue in times of drought, or even self imposed partial (or full) abstinence can result in epileptiform seizures.

Be safe.
my friend is gonna die, there are 7 billion ppl in the world, one less one more, f*** him... lol anyways soon ill be lowering my dose more and more and ill finally stop taking it or 1 valium/day (SAYS MY "FRIEND")
Old 24-08-2011, 04:38
Silver Member

Male from Ireland
thcwarrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

Back when I was 17 my parents insisted I give up smoking hash and took me to the doctor. I had very little exp. with any drugs at the time except for a few daily smokes. The doc gave me 50 5mg valium tablets, I cant remember what the prescribed dose was. Anyhow, that evening I took the first couple. A while later I took another few. The thing is, after the first few they made my incredibly foggy minded and stupid, and being a stupid young man I ended up taking the whole 50 of them over the night.
I dont remember taking any more after the first 10 or so. In fact I dont remember anything except waking up in hospital about 36 hours after my last memories. Im sure I didnt clinically OD and could have slept it off at home but I believe my parents were concerned for me and brought me to hospital anyhows.
I certainly didnt mean to take the whole lot its just they do make one incredibly foggy in the head and it probably did seem like a good idea at the time.
To this day I'd be very reluctant to take them again, tho I have take perhaps 10 5mg tabs in the last 10 years and only then when I couldnt sleep due to chronic back pain, and even then no more than 10mg at a time, which did the trick nicely. Its certainly not a drug Id plan on abusing in the future. I cant remember their being any 'come down' as such other than a groggy stupid head, but perhaps thats part of the allure of valium.
Iv seen ppl I know totally fucked on high doses and its not a pretty sight, I mean their just pure stupid, deffo not a drug you would want to be operating machinary or such under the influence of a heavy dose, or even going out in public for that matter, its a very suttle and creeping brain fryer in my honest opinion, and while not as obviously dangerous as other downers, deffo very addictive and demanding of respect, as are all drugs.
All the best, warrior
Old 24-08-2011, 13:52
Banned

26 y/o Male from Jamaica

"man makes me feel like a normal person, sometimes even euphoric... its my cure anyways im lowering the dose but if i lower my dose as i stop smoking itll be harder but i can take anything, so ill b alright" my friend here.
Old 26-08-2011, 13:33

Male from Turkey
blazelaser is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1

One question?

2mg alprozolam tablets is indicated for anxiety. But 0, mg of it is equal to 10 mg diazepam.
So, 40 mg diazepam is equal to 2 mg alprozolam tablets.

Why alprozlam 2 mg tablets is not a high-dose while 4 10 mg valium tablets are high-dose? (and why are they produce 40 mgs of valium tabs)

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...#ixzz1W8bKYw5H

Good question, Interested in the answer
Old 26-08-2011, 14:13

Male from United States
Twan should review received reputation comments.
Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

for swim the sleepy effects don't come on till like 2 hours after the dose on most benzos
Old 03-01-2013, 22:41

46 y/o Male from Slovakia
Mergl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

My wife took 10mg Diazepam pill feeling/fearing an onset of an epilepsy fit. Did not help, the fit came soon afterwards, ambulance was called in 15 minutes, because it did not abate and the 15-minute rule was taught to us as a limit for calling professional help.

Paramedics were informed she had 10mg in her system together with other anti-epilepsy drugs she takes twice a day. They administered 20mg IV before moving her to hospital. There she was allegedly given more.

That would imply that 30+ mg (remember, 20mg was given IV, not orally, so the effect should be higher/more immediate) is a "doctor-sanctioned" safe single dose. Even in combination with other anti-epileptic substances with similar effects (2*Lamotrigin 100mg, one in the morning, second one short before the benzos)
Old 28-05-2013, 21:20

29 y/o Male from United Kingdom
BR1984 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

This is an old thread found by Google.

30MG is not the maximum dose they will prescribe a day. In the UK it is up to 40MG and I have seen people on Benzo FB pages being prescribed 120MG of Diazepam daily!

The amount you'd have to take to OD is insane, probably more than you could get your hands on but I don't recommend taking large quantities of it for the sake of it, there is no point.

The maximum I have taken pill after pill is 140MG (packet of yellows) from my prescription - am prescribed 25MG a day and used to be on 30MG a day.

Had a good time, slowed me down a bit and I felt a bit tired.

I take my 25MG with Zopiclone @ 3.75MG, Seroquel @ 150MG as well as Dihydrocodeine @ 150MG and have never nearly died or anything. Have drank up to 16 cans on it too and been fine. Saying all this I still do not recommend trying it as everyone is different.

Another person doing the same thing could die from respiratory depression yet another be totally fine, just tired the next day and sleep for a long time.

I have never had IV Diazepam so cannot comment on that.

Doses mentioned in this post are potentially dangerous... Just because you were fine really doesn't mean others will be! You have tolerance...
Terribly post. Adds nothing and provocates a very dangerous amounts of combined drugs.
Old 16-06-2013, 16:05

Male from United States
Emergencymedicaltech is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

That hefty of a dose is not good. Besides being for anxiety it is also a drug given to patients for seizures. I'm not a doctor but am familiar with this Med. As an Ems worker it is given on the ambulance. People can od on benzos. I've seen it first hand. I've talked to er room doctors about it. Please be careful. This is not medical advice. Just stating what I know. Please consult a doctor for true advice and directory.
Old 16-06-2013, 20:22
Silver Member

Female from Cote d'Ivoire
doesit is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 161, Level: 2 Points: 161, Level: 2 Points: 161, Level: 2
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

its hard to od on benzos theres has to be other mix in it like alcohol.
as for dosage it varies from person to person,some say here 10-15mgs knock them out-that only shows how one person is sensitive to such small amount.Now taking 100mgs is also big stupidity as it results in 10mg xanax and theres very little people who could function normally without blacking out completely,its only people who are used to take it daily and in high dosages that would be able to somehow handle such dosage.Also everyone keeps forgetting here that valium is slow acting,by meaning slow it can take up to 2-6 hours to kick in,furthermore valium effects usually last up to 24-48h and takes up to a week to clear body completely.So binging on it is plain stupid,as you might be popping pills and next two days youll be in benzo high state.
Old 16-06-2013, 23:31
Gold Member

42 y/o Male from Poland
Sushi really knows their shit.Sushi really knows their shit.Sushi really knows their shit.Sushi really knows their shit.Sushi really knows their shit.Sushi really knows their shit.Sushi really knows their shit.Sushi really knows their shit.Sushi really knows their shit.Sushi really knows their shit.
Points: 3,671, Level: 9 Points: 3,671, Level: 9 Points: 3,671, Level: 9
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazelaser View Post
One question?

2mg alprozolam tablets is indicated for anxiety. But 0, mg of it is equal to 10 mg diazepam.
So, 40 mg diazepam is equal to 2 mg alprozolam tablets.

Why alprozlam 2 mg tablets is not a high-dose while 4 10 mg valium tablets are high-dose? (and why are they produce 40 mgs of valium tabs)
Both doses are high.
When I do the math... I come with 4 x 10mg diazepam for 2mg alprazolam. Looks like we both use similar conversion tables. Maybe diazepam is treated as stronger because it is supposed to work longer and build-up in organism, I don't know. But both doses are high.

My somewhat educated guess is no professional physician shall prescribe alprazolam at 2mg for anxiety as a initial dose. Because this is high dose. Even 1mg of alprazolam is high but there are also 0.25mg tablets and 0.5mg tablets, why not try them. Similarly no one should prescribe 40mg of diazepam to a benzo naive patient, taking such dose at once, not divided, would shatter brightest minds of our world.

Quality job of explaining dosage levels being high, dangers therein.

Last edited by Sushi; 17-06-2013 at 18:41. Reason: I can't stop it

Share this on:

Tags
alprazolam, alprazolam abuse, alprazolam dose, alprazolam high, bad ideas, benzodiazepines and alcohol, diazapam, diazepam dosage