Register Tags

Notices

Old 13-08-2011, 09:23

35 y/o Male from United States
Tercero is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Nucynta

Hello, I wasn't sure where to post ths as I don't know how what it is, exactly, though some articles refer it to "Super Tramadol".Some say it is a opioid; otrhers say it is not. Supposed to be a mu-opioid. not sure what that means.

My bunny was given this for breakthrough pain and it does absolutely nothing. Not only does this drug give my bunny hot flashes and anxiety; it also causes headaches. There is no euphoria, and it doesn't make a dent for the pain.

For all things holy if your PM Doctor wants you on this--fight back hard. My bunny's quality of life has decline rapidly.

Bunny would like to know if others are on this and their experience.

On a side note..My bunny is seriously consideing starting H and doing my own pain managemt--as it is obvious his pain Dr. doesn't really care about my chronic pain. Guess this is for a different forum--u know, the talking of Nucynta is the topic.I can't live without breakthrough pain that dosn;t work.

Thanks
Old 21-09-2011, 04:17
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

49 y/o Male from United States
Burning Pain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Nucynta

Doctor just switched me to Nucynta in place of Exalgo today. I was wondering how it compares to managing pain and if I should expect a "high" or not. I had developed a tolerance for oxycodone and it did very little for the pain, I was only taking it to prevent withdrawal in the end. Dilaudid helped the pain much better for me than oxy ever did but the exalgo was showing up in the toilet still full of medication. I wondered if my taking nexium for heartburn caused it not to dissolve from lowered stomach acid or something. Does anyone here know about that?

My biggest problem with the dilaudid is that the dosage is 4-6 times daily with a maximum of 4 per day and I was always running out of them a couple days before my next Dr apt. This caused horrible withdrawal symptoms and I want to kill myself they are so bad. Dilaudid works well for me right now but they never give me enough pills. I want to know if the Nucynta will prevent withdrawal symptoms If I stop taking the Dilaudid. Avinza did that for me if I ran out of Oxycodone but didn't work at all for breakthrough pain relief. I try to ask my doctor things like this but his English is poor and I seldom understand him for things like that.

I'll copy and paste this in another thread should I see one relevant to my questions.
Old 26-09-2011, 09:32

35 y/o Male from United States
Tercero is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

How is the Nucynta working? My bunny should have explained a little more in the first post. Bunny has been on 60mg Ocontin 3x day plus dilaudid 8 mg 3x day for breakthru. After the Nucynta failure bunny was put on oxycodone 30mg 3/day. So, bunny's strong warning might not have been a fair assessment of the drug. Bunny's tolerance is so high things like Nucynta, Tramadol, hell even morphene don't do much.

Oh, and bunny can feel ya on the running out of diaudid. WD from it is horrible. Bunny finally had to take 4 tabs and give them to a trusted family member to hold for him so he would have meds at the end of the month.

I'm curious...my bunny said the Dilaudid did not do anything when taken orally, but when "snorted" did work. Wasn't "always" to get high..really was doing it for the breakthru pain mostly....just wondering how your pet/friend/whoever has taken their Dilaudid. If orally, did it work for your friend Just curious.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:59
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

49 y/o Male from United States
Burning Pain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Tercero the Nucynta doesn't really help much for the pain but that's what the Dilaudid is for. The purpose of the change from Oxy and Avinza was that the withdrawal from them was horrible and it frightened me to think something could happen where I didn't get to the Doctor for an appointment, or the pharmacy might be out (that's happened before), or they were lost or stolen ... what would I do?

Doctor said there was less possibility of withdrawal symptoms and they were less harmful to the body, so he switched everything. During the transition there were some mild withdrawal but it only lasted three weeks. A little diarrhea and anxiety is a cake-walk-in-the-park compared to full blown withdrawal from Oxy and Morphine. The new stuff doesn't work as well as the Ox and Morph did in the beginning, but they weren't helping at all by the time I switched because the tolerance was too high anyway.

I'd have to say that if the Oxy is still working for them and they can't live with a little more pain then stick to the hard stuff. But if they aren't working for them anyway they might as well make the switch and put up with mild withdrawal because the Dilaudid does work (just enough) and it's much less harmful to the body and organs. I feel better than I have in years, a little more pain for not feeling like sh!t all the time was a good trade.

Burning Pain added 4 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Oh forgot .... the Nucynta helps even everything out. It does a good job of letting me only use the Dilaudid for breakthrough pain rather than taking just to prevent withdrawal. It's nice knowing you don't HAVE to take the hard stuff until you really need it instead of taking it just to take it.

Know what I mean?

Last edited by Burning Pain; 03-10-2011 at 04:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
break through, breakthrough, dilaudid, drug, drugs, drugs forum, hydromorphone, meth, nucynta, oxycodone, oxycontin, tramadol, withdrawal, withdrawals