Register Tags

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 18:13

Female from United States
bwapafwapadap is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Beverages that work best with Adderall

A friend of a friend has ADHD and takes Adderall. She's been reading a lot about how lots of foods and drinks make Adderall less effective. She isn't too worried about the foods because she eats very basic things anyway, but she drinks throughout the day. She normally drinks sodas (sprite, coke, fanta) and fruit juices. Both of these things have been deemed bad for Adderall effectiveness, so she's looking for alternative beverages that are still delicious, but that play nicely with Adderall. Any insight?

BQ: Does cheese inhibit Adderall's effects? She can't seem to be able to find a definitive answer on that one.
Old 12-08-2011, 21:50
Silver Member

Male from United States
xMeTaL HeAdx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 443, Level: 3 Points: 443, Level: 3 Points: 443, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Beverages that work best with Adderall

To be completely honest, you're best just drinking water throughout the day as Adderall is going to dehydrate you. Get some flavored water if you need to. Vitamin C and fruit juices can counter the effects of adderall. In terms of soda, it might not be a good idea just because the combination of sugar and caffeine with the adderall might cause some anxiety. In my experience cheese has not inhibited the effects but others might have a different experience.
Old 13-08-2011, 00:30
Palladium Member

23 y/o Male from United States
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

As you know, acidic drinks taken before adderall will decrease its absorption, as adderall is absorbed most efficiently in a basic environment. In addition, drinks which acidify the urine (which is usually, but not always the same as acidic drinks) will speed the excretion of amphetamine, that is, more adderall will be pissed out every time you take a piss, and will also decrease the reabsorption in the kidneys.

Swim seconds metal head's response. Drink water. Maybe even flavored water, or something like Gatorade G2 which is low in sugar and contains electrolytes. Adderall will cause dry mouth and dry mouth + sugar = recipe for cavities and gingivitis.

Swim has also noticed that the starbucks doubleshot energy drinks (I'm talking about the ones that are the same size as a rockstar/monster) potentiate adderall a little bit, likely due to the caffeine. In the name of harm reduction I should point out that it's probably not a good idea to be drinking energy drinks with lots of caffeine while already on adderall, its strenuous on the heart... but it does "play nicely" with adderall. It's also worth noting that I feel worse on the comedown when I do this, it also causes me to feel hotter and there is a little more muscle tension, so it isn't really recommended. Perhaps those starbucks coffee drinks (the non energy frappucino ones) would be good.

As for the cheese, why would it inhibit the effects? Swim has not heard of this

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good advice and warnings. Interesting info on absorption.
Old 13-08-2011, 02:20
Banned

Male from United States
SlightlyBitter is on the way upSlightlyBitter is on the way upSlightlyBitter is on the way up

Last edited by SlightlyBitter; 15-08-2012 at 23:06.
Old 13-08-2011, 03:03
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
fizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way up
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyBitter View Post
If not milk is good as well. doesnt sound to refreshing while on adderall though.
Perhaps 1% or skim milk. Though I must say that some whole milk sounds pretty damn good right now along with some Oreo cookies. Mmm refreshing. Granted this is coming from a dog who is stoned as shit coming off of a fair bit of dextroamphetamine.

As stated before, sodas are bad (and sugary stuff in general). My dog's tongue gets yellow/orange shit on it sometimes which only happens when he uses amphetamines and drinks sodas or sweet tea (like Dirty South Bojangles type tea). So watch out!

I prefer water, tough to beat.
Old 15-08-2011, 14:30
Urgez Urgez is nu online
Silver Member

Male from United States
Urgez is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Swim has found that worrying too much about what to drink (cause your doing it all day and keeping hydrated) is too much worrying and not enough doing. So long as swiy stays away from obvious no nos like orange juice they'll be fine. Caffeine works well with adderall but as cautioned above if anxiety occurs lay off it. Swim uses 5hr energy with his dose, sure it has some acid, but also a lot of tyrosine which is a dopamine precursor. If your still worried potentiate with tums or baking soda.
Old 27-08-2011, 04:59

Male from USA - Illinois
RX420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2

oops dp

Last edited by RX420; 27-08-2011 at 05:21.
Old 27-08-2011, 05:00

Male from USA - Illinois
RX420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2

my friend doesnt worry too much. Vit c is known to decrease fx faster but my friend takes a multivit every day with vit c .... so not sure in diff.

take a few tums if you think youre taking something that is decreasing fx.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, adderall and caffeine, adderall and energy drinks, aderall, amphetamines, caffeine, codeine, coffee, drugs-forum, dry mouth, effects of adderall, energy drink, energy drinks, green tea, ibuprofen, iced tea, potentiator, snorting, speed, tea, vitamin c, vitamine c