Register Tags

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 00:53

Male from United States
wontell is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
morphine sulfate 30mg to help kick heroin

SWIM went to the Dr. and stated they needed help kicking heroin and the Dr.perscribed SWIM 30mg morphine sulfate IR after about 2 months the Dr. told SWIM that it was illegal for him to be using morphine to help kick heroin,so the Dr. is really dropping the doses,SWIM doesn't want to relapse but the Dr.doesn't care he just wants to drop the morhine dose. What should SWIM do befor a relapse happens
Old 11-08-2011, 01:14
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: morphine sulfate 30mg to help kick heroin

find a doctor who prescribes suboxone or get on a methadone program.
Old 16-08-2011, 00:26

Male from United States

Swim lives in a town of 4000 maybe 5000 people so swim has to drive 30 miles to a bigger town with a population of 40,000 and thats pushin it,its also the 3rd.largest city in the whole state .Which means the medical professionals here aren't really all that openminded,swim thought he lucked out when the heroin stopped and the morphine started,but swim is hear to let everbody know that kicking heroin cold turkey or with medical help is way easier than kicking morphine
Old 16-08-2011, 01:35
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from France
Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 857, Level: 4 Points: 857, Level: 4 Points: 857, Level: 4
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontell View Post
but swim is hear to let everbody know that kicking heroin cold turkey or with medical help is way easier than kicking morphine
Are you saying quitting Morphine is more difficult then quitting Heroin?
I would of expected that Heroin was more difficult... being more potent and all.
I truly have no idea.

Meow =^.^=
Old 31-08-2011, 05:40
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Portugal
LoveNwar is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me understand: the doctor told you to take morphine so that you would quit heroin? Even though they are the same thing? Wow... smart doctor.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:10

20 y/o Male from United States
opium pie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1

wow heroin is diacetylmorphone(correct me if swim is slightly wrong). but yeah your doctor has no clue what he is doing, looking for a doctor who'll prescribe suboxone(swim went through withdrawal cold turkey, iswim doesn't believe in replacing opiates with others to try and stay clean, but suboxone at least has naloxone in it which if you shoot, or if you mix with other opiates will make you go into withdrawl, keeping you from being able to get high off of opiates.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:37

Male from United States

He dropped swimn morphine dosage down again today WTF!! now it will be a matter of time befor i lapse
Old 09-09-2011, 08:51
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

dude, why are you blaming the doctor if you relapse? He is obviously trying to TAPER you off, not quit you cold turkey. That's the best possible thing you can expect in this situation. For one, you need a special license to do opiate maintenance, not just any doctor can do it. You doc could eaisly lose his license and career if it were found out he was maintaining you with morphine. It was really a dumbass decision on his part to even do it in the first place. He really should have known better.

You've really got two opitions here, go back to heroin or allow him to do this taper and ask for "comfort meds" to make the taper less painful. I'm sure he would have no problem giving you things like clonodine, promethazine, and probably even some kind of benzo for sleep/anxiety. Now if you need to be on a substitute opiate to keep off heroin, talk to your doctor and have him help you find a methadone/suboxone doctor. I'm sure there is one not all that far from you. I live in a city of ~30K and we have a methadone/sub clinic and a handful of suboxone doctors. You doctor will probably be happy to help you find a place for ORT (opiate replacement therapy). If not, stick with the taper, ask him to do it as gently as possible, and ask for comfort meds. I suggest clonodine for the pounding heart/shakes, promethazine for nausea and to help sleep, dicyclomine (Bentyl) for stomach cramps, and low doses of benzo like diazepam or clonazepam for daytime anxiety and to help sleep at night. Also a muscle relaxant like carisopradol (Soma) or even methocarbomal (Robaxin) to help with the twitches/spasms/RLS. These meds will help a ton with the phsyical symptoms and some of the mental ones. The main thing you will have to deal with is boredom and depression. That can be helped by keeping yourself busy. Walking a little bit daily, watching movies, reading, etc.

Good luck.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Brilliant post, says it like it is. Needs to be read and re read by the OP.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:04
Silver Member

Male from United States
sasafrass is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1

Bupe is an agonist/antagonist semi-synthetic opiate. Methadone is a purely synthetic. Little else will keep from precipitating withdrawl. Ampules of desoxyephredrine were used by some doc's way back, but they were pulled from pharmacies years ago. And yeah, heroin is quickly metabolised back into morphine.
Old 13-09-2011, 22:17
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Mr Bumble is a decent psychonaut.Mr Bumble is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 213, Level: 2 Points: 213, Level: 2 Points: 213, Level: 2
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

Dude I feel for you, I've just switched from bupe to Morphine and I find the morphine works much better. Here in the UK there are very few Doctors that will prescribe it so you have to try a few to find the right doc.

Are there any other Doctors in your area that might prescrib your morph. If morphine works for you then try to explain that to a few doctors and see if you can get one to help.

Good luck bro
Old 30-09-2011, 01:19
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Mr Bumble is a decent psychonaut.Mr Bumble is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 213, Level: 2 Points: 213, Level: 2 Points: 213, Level: 2
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveNwar View Post
Let me understand: the doctor told you to take morphine so that you would quit heroin? Even though they are the same thing? Wow... smart doctor.
Lol's, just looking over some threads and saw this comment above.

Morphine and Heroin the same thing????? Go shoot a hit of each and then tell me that buddy. Also I've used Morphine to get clean from heroin and reduce down low enough to stop with only limited withdrawels. I've tried almost all addiction treatments out there and Morphine is the one I rate the best!!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:44

28 y/o Male from United States
multiverse45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveNwar View Post
actually heroin is alka-morphine and its a whole hell of a lot stronger if it was the same then heroin wouldn't be a schedule 1 drug which means heroin has no medical value according to our government but morphine is a schedule 2 substance do a little research and you might find out what the difference is

why do you bump a year old thread with a post that does not add the least? and please dont advise someone to do their homework before you done yours. read up in the heroin wiki, please.No points taken because newbie
alka-morphine is meaningless gibberish. heroin is diacetylmorphine
Old 08-10-2012, 13:05
Titanium Member

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
AGV10 is captain of the psychonauts.AGV10 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontell View Post
He dropped swimn morphine dosage down again today WTF!! now it will be a matter of time befor i lapse

You are bloody lucky to come across a doc who is willing to take that chance - replacing H with morphine or diamorphine as either a taper dose or as a harm reduction policy requires special licensing and authorisation. Don't know who gives that authorisation in the USA - in the UK its given to docs by the Home Office.

You need to follow through with the taper dose arrangement - but tell them if you feel they are bringing you down to much to fast - after all, its not as if they don't want to help, but they do need to see and feel that what they are doing is helping.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:41

52 y/o Male from United Kingdom
jack upcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1

Hi guys,,first post so hello everyone and hope your all good this morning,,What i would like to know for certain (purely out of interest) is what is actualy stronger,,,,,,street heroin or prescribed zomorph? My pet tortoise has some zomorph 30 and is wondering if hed be better off doing a cwe and injecting instead of hes usual slow plod to get his street gear? Any help or comments would be appreciated,,thanx guys..
Old 07-11-2012, 21:16
Titanium Member

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
AGV10 is captain of the psychonauts.AGV10 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack upcat View Post
Hi guys,,first post so hello everyone and hope your all good this morning,,What i would like to know for certain (purely out of interest) is what is actualy stronger,,,,,,street heroin or prescribed zomorph? My pet tortoise has some zomorph 30 and is wondering if hed be better off doing a cwe and injecting instead of hes usual slow plod to get his street gear? Any help or comments would be appreciated,,thanx guys..

Good question ........ if the street H was pure gram for gram it would be stronger than Zomorph - far far stronger by a long long way. But as you know, street H is seldom pure. It is almost always cut/diluted, which means milligram for milligram or gram for gram it could be stronger, it could the same or it could be weaker - you just won't know until you use it.

Which is better to inject?
You are never going to get the "hit" or "buzz' using Zomorph that you get using H, H is unique in this respect, but you are going to be orders of magnitude safer using Zomorph so long as you have prep'd and filtered it of course.

The problem with street H is the ingredients used to cut it with - you just never know what has been used. I have seen shocking tissue & limb damage the result of additives been used in street H - not the H its self, that's no problem to your veins or other body tissue, its the damn stuff traders mix into it that so potentialy dangerous.

Heroin is used daily in hospitals to treat cancer pain and cardiac problems - its called Diamorphine. Diamorphine is medical heroin - pure, no contaminates, that's the difference.

I'll repeat to you what I often end off similar notes by saying: if you haven't started injecting or using H, do yourself a favor now and don't start - just say No. I have yet to meet an H user who wishes they had never started.

...... and the sad thing about it is that ultimately, like nearly all opiates, you will eventually just be taking it to feel normal never mind to be getting a buzz. It might takes years to reach that point but it will come one day.

Take care

Well written and valuable points in this post. Thanks

Share this on:

Tags
addiction, doctor recommendation, drugs-forum, heroin, iving, making heroin, methocarbamol, morphine, morphine sulfate, morphine sulphate, opiate, opiates, quitting heroin