Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kava-Kava
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kava-Kava Piper methysticum

Old 07-08-2011, 19:11
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Ghetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline Medline
Points: 5,821, Level: 11 Points: 5,821, Level: 11 Points: 5,821, Level: 11
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Kava-Kava Rectal Administration

Swims friend was sitting around very bored a few nights back and thinking about various routes of admin. with kava-kava. He likes the oral route but it gets boring after awhile. He has tried smoking but the taste was unpleasant to him and he didn't achieve any noticeable high. Snorting would be near impossible with the sticky tarry extract that he uses. IV could be done but swim has left that game along time ago. Then there is rectal... Lol.

Well long story short, in the name of science, swim got himself ready. He isn't going to go into details but the extract is dissolved in organic grain alcohol, he used a glass dropper to get it up there. (Look up rectal admin. for more details.) He had never tried rectal before, only ever thought about it with mdma, so it was a little weird. Swim used about the same amount he would normally use orally, to compare the effect. As soon as he got it up there, it burned slightly and he felt the need to go to the bathroom. But he got into the shower and held it in, over the course of 20mins the both feelings faded.

He was in the shower for a good 30mins. And it wasn't until the last 5-10mins that he began to feel the slightest effects. It was noticeably different but he couldn't quite tell how yet. Usually oral kava begins to be noticed significantly by 15-20mins and by 45-1 hour he is pretty much peaked. With this by 20-25mins he just started to notice it and it took a solid hour til the full effect was there. So the effect was delayed slightly from oral use, but it came on much harder than normal oral route.

He much enjoyed the effect that this route had. It was SIGNIFICANTLY different from oral. With oral route kava gives an almost benzodiazapine/alcohol type effect with little euphoria produced, most of the good feeling comes from the relaxation and reduced anxiety. With the rectal route kava gave a more opiate like intoxication, there was definite euphoria similar to opiates, and there was a warm feeling as if being wrapped in a fuzzy blanket. He was slightly giggly at how good he was feeling, and especially because his head felt like it was the warmest and fuzziest. Almost like the warm blanket feeling was focused around his head.

This was an awesome experience and swims friend went to sleep a few hours later no problems. But now this is where the experience takes a turn for the worst, and the reason that swim may never try rectal admin of anything ever again.

The next morning, much earlier than he usually wakes up, he awoken with slight discomfort as the feeling of needing to take a shit. He gets up and goes into the bathroom to do so. The next 5 hours were complete hell. He had the worst diarrhea of his life, his whole abdomen was cramping like crazy. It burned so bad and seemed never ending. He was pleading with god, while alternating between the shower and the toilet. In such pain his face was contorted his lips curled and he couldn't figure out why. Even at one point there were red chunks in it and he wiped a little blood. The worst part wasn't all of that, but something he had never felt in all his years of abdomen problems. Even though he didn't need to shit every single moment of those 5 hours, there was this constant feeling of the need to shit. Like the sensation that there is something there that needs to come out but wouldn't. It hurt and was very uncomfortable. The entire time he was smoking a bong hit or pipe hit of bud every 30mins to hold off the discomfort.

Well after those five hours he completely rebounded over the next hour and was fine the rest of the day like nothing had ever happened. He used to have this pain in his side over the past 2-3 weeks but it doesn't hurt anymore so some good may have come from that shit fest.

Conclusions from all that... The high was fucking awesome. If oral use felt like that kava would be a more addictive substance. But the next day experience just was not worth it at all. He can't quite figure out what happened, the amount of extract used is in the range of ~1ml but it hurt to bad to ever wanna try again. Or ever try rectal admin. of any substance again...

Peace

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great report, very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
your dedication to science is inspirational
Science takes great sacrifices, I'm glad to know there are still Fools out there doing the Great Work. Thanks for this original contribution
great experiment,great experience report

Last edited by Ghetto_Chem; 07-08-2011 at 19:17.
Old 16-08-2011, 17:09
Titanium Member

32 y/o Male from United States
sbt8080 probably knows what they are talking about.sbt8080 probably knows what they are talking about.sbt8080 probably knows what they are talking about.sbt8080 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 665, Level: 4 Points: 665, Level: 4 Points: 665, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Kava-Kava Rectal Administration

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

It seems highly unlikely that 1 mL of an ethanol-based alkaloid extraction--or any liquid, for that matter--would cause tissue damage to your rectal lining. Unless it was actually a strong acid or base of some nature... but unless you plugged from a mislabeled vial of sulfuric acid, that doesn't seem to be the case.

In fact, even just 1 mL of a common laxative enema solution (saline) would be near ineffectual. The standard home enema kits sold in drug stores are typically around 90-120 mL, and the instructions advise to use at least half the bottle to be effective.

I would wager that a possible alternative explanation is simply that it was from something else you ingested earlier. You made reference to "all [your] years of abdomen problems," possibly indicating you may have something like irritable bowel syndrome. Have you ever gotten diarrhea from eating certain foods? Personally, I often have this happen after eating a dish laden with hot peppers. Indeed, after eating red peppers, or even other red vegetables, I often will spot "red chunks" upon examination.

I say "possible" because of course, only you know what actually happened. But 5 hours of painful diarrhea caused only by a 1-mL enema of a kava tincture just doesn't seem likely. Signs point more to a combination of factors. It could be the kava extract as well as something you ate... but who knows. The only way to know for sure is if you repeated the experiment, but I know you don't really want to
Old 22-08-2011, 09:28
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Ghetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline Medline

Swims friend is still wondering what happened as well. He will explain a little more about the situation in hopes of figuring things out.

First off, although swims friend has had stomach problems his whole life, this is not irritable bowel syndrome or anything similar. Its related to his liver, it does not work the best. When he was in his mothers womb, she didn't know he existed for three months and drank heavily, smoke buds, and did cocaine quite often, until she found out. Because of this he can not drink large quantities of alcohol without being VIOLENTLY ill.

And in fact he is known to love spicy foods, he has gone thru 3 fresh jalapenos this week with all the nachos he eats lol. He can still get a little burning shits every once in awhile but who doesn't this happen to?

Now swims friend has experienced alot of painful vomiting and diarrhea sessions because of his addiction to opiates. He's gone thru it all, but the way this diarrhea was, was different. There was a unique burning sensation that made it feel like he had to expel, even tho there was nothing there. Its was to the point where he had to hold his stomach muscles to keep it from being painful. Now in all his years he has never felt this feeling. Even during some of his worst heroin withdrawals.

As for mislabeling, his friend keeps his lab separate from substances he uses. He would never even keep a vial of either acids or bases unless it was going to be used near immediately. The bottle is store-bought not homemade as well, very reputable company with a product that is very strong and will completely numb mouth and throat.

Now with all that said, (sorry to gross people out but it was truth) swims friend doesn't think it was the 1ml itself but how his body reacted to it. Heres his theory... That because he took it a few hours before bed, when he finally went to sleep, that extract just sat there and the body might have secreted something to irritate the bowels into making him get out what needed to be gotten out. That could be totally off but he just doesn't believe that it was anything but the extract.

He is willing to try it again, but would try it during the day so it has time to make its way out if it really needs to. The reason he is willing, is because the high was remarkably better in every way, besides speed of onset. Maybe diluting it in a small amount of water could help.

Hopefully that clears a little bit up. He would really like to know why that happened too and may give this one more go for sake of science. But if it happens again he is thru with this method of ingestion and will stick to oral for sure. Nothing is worth that shit.

Peace
Old 14-09-2011, 16:58
Silver Member

Male from United States
flickedbic is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Interesting read. I'm grateful for the sharing of it. My dog has been interested in kava but has been worried about the supposed liver toxicity.

This may have increased effect but I dunno if this route is more harmful...?

I hear cocao butter is often used for mixing suppositories before hardening with fridge/freezer. Indenting (with a fingertip) tin foil might create the mold.

Perhaps it all isn't absorbed and their are insoluble/irritating leftovers? Can the tar be further purified?

A clean enema some time after the fact or before one goes to bed, or even a diet high in salad/fiber/ even x-lax/milk of magnesia to give one a bowel movement before bed may help.

Blessings.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:04

29 y/o Male from United States
Savage_thing is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

Thanks for the hard work. Swim was thinking about doing this and will for sure think twice. Just awesome made me laugh but really helpful and thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 16:44
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

Much appreciated. Swims friend would just like to say that what he experienced the next day could have been some type of fluke, and that trying this ROA again may prove to be more fruitful. He just hasn't had the time recently but hopes to once again put some more Kava-kava up there, lol, believe it or not.

He says this because he would be sad if everybody that was considering this ROA, disregarded it based on this one time experience. The high was very good and this could eventually turn into something, just gotta work out the few problems.

But thanks again and welcome to the forums.
Peace
Old 05-10-2011, 23:34

Ghetto I donno but ive been thinking about your friend and his experience and i just have a some questions and theories as to why the bad experience later on.

Maybe your friends lower intestines werent too happy with the alcohol he used? I know kava is bad for the liver/ or kidney( i forget) maybe with the alcohol combination just was too much since up the rear is really effective. If this was the reason for the morning pains, then maybe it was your friends body trying to flush it out.

***Also one thing that made ME WORRY alot for your friend is that he used a glass dropper, that and him pooping chucks of blood. I worry that maybe ur friend didnt notice for whatever reason a piece of glass broken off. Double check, I would really hate to see your friend with an infection down there that would make him sick.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:20
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

Swims friend thinks that the alcohol theory more plausible. He thinks the shard of glass would have caused him long lasting pain more-so than he felt. The dropper is a pretty heavy duty thick-walled glass. He knows what glass droppers you are describing though that could possibly break off inside, the thin-walled glass ones that slowly taper. The dropper he used would have been have been very noticeable after the fact if it had indeed broken, unlike thinner-walled ones where the very tip can easily break off. He also still has the dropper and has used it many times, can even go check right now to make sure it hasn't broken at all.

Now the alcohol could have done something, especially since the liquid extract was able to sit and probably irritate for a long time while he was asleep. Has anybody else rectally taken alcohol and felt discomfort from it that would come anywhere close to what he felt? He thinks that the blood could have been from a hemorrhoid or something, he thinks he has them from years of opiate abuse. And if enough straining is done they can bleed, which has happened before. Sorry to be so fucking graphic but trying to figure it out. He has had times where he wiped and there was a little blood in the past, and researched to find out it was most likely hemorrhoids. Now he was straining really hard cuz it felt like something was up there when it wasn't, this may have caused the slight bleeding to occur. After that he didn't strain anymore and there was no more blood.

This seems to be plausible. Most likely if someone were to try this, at most they would have lower bowel discomfort that would result in some shitting. Swims friend is going to try this again more day-time when he gets a new bottle and the time.

Peace
Old 06-10-2011, 07:15

Good to hear my friend. My alligator Arris is now going to do the same, except with kratom and no alcohol, hopefully this weekend. Any advice would be gladly welcomed.
Old 24-11-2011, 19:15

Female from United States
Gdriussi is an unknown quantity at this point
Kava-Kava and/or kratom Rectal Administration

omg!! about a month ago my monkey used alcohol to plug some other substances and BOY did she regret it!!! she got the stupid idea, i think, reading about the pleasure of plugging wine, she used 80 proof vodka. after the initial burning subsided she thought, okay, let's see. she was up ALL NIGHT w/the most PAINFUL need to evacuate. even when there was nothing left, her lower bowels were still spasming and cramping. she was screeching and moaning most of the night. she regretted if for days. i'm still not sure she's recovered actually, though the stomach flu has been diagnosed by doctors, they weren't informed about the monkey recent experiment.

i think it was the alcohol that caused your friend's problems.

QUESTION: why did your friend use alcohol? i've little experience w/Kava, have been mostly disappointed and found it useless, but am very interested in the effects possible through this ROA. was alcohol used because that's the only way the needed alkaloids would be extracted? would a base of glycerine, water, or oil therefore make it a waste???? i'm very curious why your friend used alcohol for this experiment and anything you could tell me about the solubility of the relevant alkaloids in Kava. ALSO, i read that someone was going to experiment w/Kratom. How did that go? did this experimenter use Kratom powder?? or an extract....... i'd love to know as my monkey enjoys Kratom quite a bit. she takes, and has available the powdered form which she makes in capsules.

be careful everybody! and thanks for sharing the outcomes of all of your creative endeavors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbt8080 View Post
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

It seems highly unlikely that 1 mL of an ethanol-based alkaloid extraction--or any liquid, for that matter--would cause tissue damage to your rectal lining. Unless it was actually a strong acid or base of some nature... but unless you plugged from a mislabeled vial of sulfuric acid, that doesn't seem to be the case.

In fact, even just 1 mL of a common laxative enema solution (saline) would be near ineffectual. The standard home enema kits sold in drug stores are typically around 90-120 mL, and the instructions advise to use at least half the bottle to be effective.

I would wager that a possible alternative explanation is simply that it was from something else you ingested earlier. You made reference to "all [your] years of abdomen problems," possibly indicating you may have something like irritable bowel syndrome. Have you ever gotten diarrhea from eating certain foods? Personally, I often have this happen after eating a dish laden with hot peppers. Indeed, after eating red peppers, or even other red vegetables, I often will spot "red chunks" upon examination.

I say "possible" because of course, only you know what actually happened. But 5 hours of painful diarrhea caused only by a 1-mL enema of a kava tincture just doesn't seem likely. Signs point more to a combination of factors. It could be the kava extract as well as something you ate... but who knows. The only way to know for sure is if you repeated the experiment, but I know you don't really want to
Gdriussi added 4 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

i've recently read that Kava does NOT cause liver damage. that that study was found to be unreliable and the idea discounted. i hope this is true. anybody else?? my monkey has Hep C and would hate to do anything to damage her liver, but again, i'm quite sure that it doesn't, as that study was found bogus, but i would hate for that to be wishful thinking on my part. . . .

Last edited by Gdriussi; 24-11-2011 at 19:21. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-11-2011, 19:31
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Re: Kava-Kava and/or kratom Rectal Administration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdriussi View Post
i've recently read that Kava does NOT cause liver damage. that that study was found to be unreliable and the idea discounted. i hope this is true. anybody else?? my monkey has Hep C and would hate to do anything to damage her liver, but again, i'm quite sure that it doesn't, as that study was found bogus, but i would hate for that to be wishful thinking on my part. . . .
At the very top of the forum is a sticky thread on the subject.
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22331
Old 25-11-2011, 16:02
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

Gdriussi, that experience you just stated sounds the exact same as his experience. It was like the constant need to get something out even though there was nothing there, and moaning/pleading with god was constant.

The alcohol was used to extract the kavalactones by the company that made it. It was not a home-made extraction. The alcohol was 83-95% grain alcohol.

Most likely swims friend will use water next time for any rectal admins. If ever again, mdma might be fun

-GC
Old 25-11-2011, 18:00

Female from United States
Gdriussi is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the link Ianzombie!
Ghetto_Chem, do you think that contents of powder filled caps disolved in hot water would be sufficient? i also wonder if the quality of product your friend has is better than mine. she has "fresh freeze dried whole lateral root" 460 mg. 10-15% kavalactones - then is says "compare to 200 mg @ 30%" ... i'm not sure what their point is with that last bit, and i'm not stupid i swear! -- also, i can't tell how this would compare, dosage - wise, to what your friend used in his experiment. thanks for your posts! and i appreciate your tenacity and creativity! and mind is a terribly thing to go unaided..... be safe
Old 03-02-2012, 18:57
Silver Member

Male from Italy
PitfromGreece is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 282, Level: 2 Points: 282, Level: 2 Points: 282, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

How SWIY is doing on this? It seems likely that the quite negative effects were from the high alcohol content. Kava is nice, but there is the issue of price/strength of effects. I am wondering if this way is more bioavailable myself to use with my lab animal research. Could any other SWIY confirm/discofirm that the effects are stronger through this ROA??

I just remembered that SWIM used sleeping herbal pills that also contained kava extract as one of the ingredients, no issue at all with discomfort, but cannot say if the effects were stronger this way... (I guess because he was sleeping).

PitfromGreece added 3 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Yea it was not from the Kava...

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90534

Last edited by PitfromGreece; 03-02-2012 at 18:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
after e, analgesic, anesthetic, dihydrokavain, extraction, intravenous injection, kava, kava extract, kavain, kavalactones, kratom, methysticin, piper methysticum, rectal administration, sedative, yangonin