Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Hydromorphone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 06:51
Silver Member

Female from Canada
sunsun34 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Hydromorphone vs hydrocodone iv

Does anyone know the difference between hydromorphone 12mg extend release, iv, vs hydrocodone 40? Can swim iv hydrocodone 40 pills? swim is just curious..... Please don't gang up with lectures. This is purely hypothetical.
Thx all!!

sunsun34 added 75 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

If this is in the wrong spot I a, so sorry.

Last edited by sunsun34; 06-08-2011 at 06:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-08-2011, 08:09
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
Ayuvuz is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 134, Level: 1 Points: 134, Level: 1 Points: 134, Level: 1
Re: Hydromorphone vs hydrocodone iv

The short answer is: no, you cannot IV hydrocodone pills, and should never IV an extended release formula.

Be extremely careful using anything extracted from a pill IV. Its going to be nearly impossible to remove the binders in any pill at home, even if you use a cotton swab to filter the shot. Those binders can cause serious damage to your heart and vascular system.

I have also seen references to IV Hydrocodone increasing the risk for pulmonary edema. In addition to that, it does not have a higher bio-availability when used intravenously. So there is no benefit in using Hydrocodone IV, and only an increase in potential risk.

In terms of IV Hydromorphone (12mg ER), the first warning I found states that:
"If attempts are made to extract the drug from the hard outer shell for purposes of parenteral abuse, the injection of tablet excipients may be toxic and may result in lethal complications". I assume the compound is in a slow-release membrane that only excretes a small amount of the drug over time, I was unable to find any references to Hydromorphone ER having the same "gel-like" consistency as oxycodone er, but if this is the case I would absolutely and totally say no, do not inject it. Injecting any extended release formula is very unsafe, as the substances used to create the ER effect can damage your veins/heart.

If you still decide to inject, here is a basic comparison of the strength of hydrocodone vs hydromorphone:
Hydrocodone is roughly 0.6 the strength of morphine; 17 mg of hydrocodone is equivalent to 10mg morphine.
Hydromorphone is 5.0 times stronger than morphine; 2mg of hydromorphone is equal to 10mg morphine.

Your dose of Hydromorphone is about 3 times stronger than your dose of (40mg) hydrocodone. Injection of the un-extracted Hydromorphone ER could kill you, and extracting the full amount is giving you a dose that could cause significant respiratory and/or pulmonary depression unless you have a standing tolerance to it.

This is by no means a lecture, and it's not my intent for it to come off that way. I just want to make sure the implications of what has been proposed are very clear. I truly hope this gets read before any action is taken.

Post Quality Evaluations:
excellent facts and advise. great post!
Old 21-05-2012, 19:23

Male from United States
born99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Taking Hydrocodone orally, your liver converts it to Hydromorphone. I do not know what the conversion rate is but it would be interesting if there was a way to convert it yourself before taking it. Science nerd side of me i guess.

My thoughts are anyone who considers going the IV method with CWE, is probably more addicted to the needle than the drug. I'm not judging, I was there at one point. I would shoot warm water and the psychological effect is strong enough that sometimes I swear I felt a small rush. Brain is amazing at times.
Old 21-05-2012, 22:20
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from United States
Ryan904 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1

Hydrocodine is very euphoric with a strong body high, it is swims favorite opiate and 40mg is a good dose orally. 12mgs of morphine is a light dose and morphine isnt very euphoric in comparison
Old 24-05-2012, 07:18
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

23 y/o Female from Earth
meconopsilo needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Ms meconopsilo warns any not to IV any ind of pills due to the complete excess of binders/fillers found within.
be safe and respect your body by not IV'ing pills.

Ms meconopsilo's pet jesus gecko just reminded her that histamines may be readily released by intraveneous admin. of hydrocodone or cod/anything perhaps. Which certainly would not be pleasant

i also believe it unsafe to iv pills because of like a saw on anther post somewhere about how pill fragments can cause serious problems.

another thing with iv..be clean. abscess=no fun.

Last edited by meconopsilo; 19-07-2012 at 03:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-05-2012, 22:50
Silver Member

Male from United States
LlamaGod123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsun34 View Post
Does anyone know the difference between hydromorphone 12mg extend release, iv, vs hydrocodone 40? Can swim iv hydrocodone 40 pills? swim is just curious..... Please don't gang up with lectures. This is purely hypothetical.
Thx all!!

sunsun34 added 75 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

If this is in the wrong spot I a, so sorry.
Regardless of the fact that you said you are looking for hypothetical information the notion is trivial because anybody that injects hydrocodone isn't educating their self on the topic and is asking for trouble...

However, as far as strength goes we can ignore the ER nature of the pill (because if you're simply looking for information regarding a comparison of strength *if* you could possibly inject the two substances then the fact that you can't inject ER pills nor hydrocodone safely isn't relevant) and thus the comparison becomes one between 12mg Hydromorphone IV and 40mg Hydrocodone IV. So, ignoring most of the relevant information regarding doing this in practice, 40mg of Hydrocodone IV would equal 10mg of Hydromorphone IV... again, this is ignoring cross tolerance, first pass metabolism, and a few other relevant details and only comparing the strength of the medications.

LlamaGod123 added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Oh, and you aren't going to get a rush from injecting Hydrocodone because Hydrocodone needs first pass metabolism to become Hydromorphone. (... and thus there is no point in injecting Hydrocodone except needle addiction: inject saline and eat the pills!)

Last edited by LlamaGod123; 30-05-2012 at 22:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-06-2012, 10:03

33 y/o Male from USA - New York
permameth should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

Hydromorphone is definitely one of the strongest and most euphoric opiates in my opinion. I've taken the 8mg and 4mg pills and IV'd them and was amazed. Even just taking them orally iis truly euphoric. I'm told it beats the hell outta heroin.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:50

33 y/o Male from United States
Jrhguitarist1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Dialysis is hands down the best Iv drug made in present times it's the only drug that I know of that has heroin addicict try once and give up heroin the first time and say I love this. My friend knows this from first hand experience. But all in all morphone is almost impossible to find as a habit because docs don't prescribe this as a long term option. So it's usuall a switch from heroin to dilaudid and then right back to heroin with now a hell of a tolerance witch we all know eventually just leads to your first od.

Jrhguitarist1 added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Diluadid not dyalisis

Jrhguitarist1 added 32 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Needin help in the Oklahoma area...

Last edited by Jrhguitarist1; 02-07-2012 at 01:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-07-2012, 04:28

33 y/o Male from United States
Jrhguitarist1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I'm just woundering for real I have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis few years back has anyone else found anything that has worked exspecially well for them with a disorder like MS or lupus or auto immune??? I know now what doesn't work for me and hoping I can start something that works for the all day soreness and then something for the break through type pain any suggestions
Old 06-07-2012, 05:38
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Fayghen is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Like others said, it's probably not a smart idea to iv pills.

That being said, you should be able to IV hydrocodone. People IV oxycodone all the time(not condoning this practice). Although some of hydrocodone is indeed metabolized into hydromorphone, it is a small amount. Unlike codeine, hydrocodone is itself active at opiate receptors. The reason no one really bothers is because hydrocodone's oral bioavailability is about 85%. IV is 100% so there is some gain but not much. Plus I don't know if it will still be metabolized into hydromorphone(hydromorphone is many times stronger than hydrocodone) or not... The problem you'll have is getting the itsy bitsy 5, 7.5, or 10 mg out of those freaking horse pills. I would not even CONSIDER this unless you had micron filters.

Share this on:

Tags
dilaudid, drug, extraction, how to extract, hydrocodone, hydrocodone compared, hydrocodone extraction, hydromorphone, lortab, morphine, morphine compared, shooting up