Register Tags

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 13:56

25 y/o Male from Serbia and Montenegro
moj6sl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
What is maximal, but safe dose of codeine for person with no tolerance

SWIM has no tolerance, and can take 170 mg of codeine without problems. Can he take over 200 mg?
Old 01-08-2011, 14:33
Silver Member

Female from United Kingdom
lillianni is captain of the psychonauts.lillianni is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Re: What is maximal, but safe dose of codeine for person with no tolerance

I have developed a tolerance of codeine due to taking prescription pain relief but i don't take more than 60mg at a time and never more than 4 times a day. Mind you I don't take it to get high.

Codeine is deceptively dangerous, don't mix it with alcohol for starters. If I were you I wouldn't mess about with it too much, if you are using it to get high I would consider trying something else. There is a very real risk of falling asleep and just not waking up. Codeine is a known respiratory depressant (ie: your brain stops telling you to breath!)

Also you don't say in what form you are taking the codeine, is it in tablet form (eg: codeine phosphate) or is it combined with something else (eg: co-codamol, Kapake etc).

Let me know and I can give you better advice
Old 01-08-2011, 19:57

I use it in Co-codamol form. With cold water extraction
Old 02-08-2011, 13:05
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United Kingdom
funkymunkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

for pain relief puproses taking 60 mg 4 time a day takes the pain away and also creates a feeling of warm which is the high that codeine gives, if you are not used to it take 60 mgs, id say upto 100mg is a safe dose for intolerant purpose, codeine isnt to dangerous to your body its just very addictive and before you know it youll have a habit so just dont over do it and think very carefully before starting to take it all the time !
Old 02-08-2011, 13:42
Silver Member

lillianni is captain of the psychonauts.lillianni is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymunkey View Post
for pain relief puproses taking 60 mg 4 time a day takes the pain away and also creates a feeling of warm which is the high that codeine gives, if you are not used to it take 60 mgs, id say upto 100mg is a safe dose for intolerant purpose, codeine isnt to dangerous to your body its just very addictive and before you know it youll have a habit so just dont over do it and think very carefully before starting to take it all the time !
I beg to differ, Codeine can be extremely dangerous both to you and your body, this is why it is a controlled substance here in the UK. If you would like me to go into the long list of problems that sustained codeine use creates then I will.

But for starters there's respiratory depression and the constipating effects, which may sound silly but can be fatal.

lillianni added 19 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Just to clarify, by controlled substance I meant prescription only, and yes I know you can buy it in small amounts of 8mg over the counter at a pharmacy but this is being looked at due to the vast number of addicts out there who were unaware of it's addictive qualities and became addicts without knowing or intending.

lillianni added 2 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

oh yes, of course you can also get it in small quantities in other over the counter medications. The point I am trying to make is that to obtain large quantities of codeine you should have a prescription, otherwise you need to spend a fortune at the chemist.

Hope that clarifies, don't post me to try and pull me up on this, if I haven't covered it then it's not because I don't know, just it isn't particularly relevant to the point I am trying to make, which I am currently now starting to lose track of myself because I'm digressing so much

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good points about the potentially harmful physical effects of codeine.

Last edited by lillianni; 02-08-2011 at 13:42. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-08-2011, 20:41
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United Kingdom
funkymunkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I didnt think that codeine was dangerous, thats my bad i have been on it for nearly 2 years now and dont even get constipation from it and thats taking over 400 mg a day , its a great pain reliever with the added nice warm fuzzy feelings but wouldnt advise it as a longterm solution as for me and many others i am now hooked on the stuff and although it is great for purpose and also a high it is difficult when you have to take 10 times your prescribed pills for it to work, thankls for enlighlting me with the new info though much appreciated !
Old 07-08-2011, 15:42

SWIM uses codeine once a week. SWIM just have used 200 mg, and 5 mg of Lorazepam & 10 mg od Diazepam. SWIM feels fine, relaxed, but not euphoric. Maybe it is due to fact that SWIM isn't used it on an empty stomach.
Old 17-08-2011, 18:34
Titanium Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Trancel0v3r is captain of the psychonauts.Trancel0v3r is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

SWIM just used 60mg on an empty stomach with no tolerance, last of the 30/500's though ( Gave a very nice buzz, cant imagine ever needing over 100mg at once to be honest, he doesnt understand how some people can use 300mg, do any other SWIYS find they need smallish doses for effective results?
Old 17-08-2011, 20:51
Policy, Various & Reviews
Co-Moderator

49 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,113, Level: 12 Points: 7,113, Level: 12 Points: 7,113, Level: 12
Activity: 10.9% Activity: 10.9% Activity: 10.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trancel0v3r View Post
SWIM just used 60mg on an empty stomach with no tolerance, last of the 30/500's though ( Gave a very nice buzz, cant imagine ever needing over 100mg at once to be honest, he doesnt understand how some people can use 300mg, do any other SWIYS find they need smallish doses for effective results?
If I take codeine on it's own, I can't tolerate more than about 60mg without nausea. Taken alone, codeine doesn't do much for me recreationally, even in higher doses, although it does help to potentiate the effects of 100mg tramadol. It is important to remember that some drugs potentiate/are potentiated by codeine. Dihydrocodeine produces a much more noticable high for me.
There could be a number of reasons why some occasional users feel they need higher doses , including psychological and social factors. Some individuals are thought to metabolise codeine differently due to an enzyme deficiency (I think its CYP2D6 but am not certain). Of course, this does not imply that high doses are safe for any such individuals.

If I were in possession of over 200mg of codeine and fancied doing it all, then I would prefer to take it in 4 divided doses over 16-24 hours. My impression is that you can only get so high with codeine, and that the buzz improves over the course of the day, as subsequent doses of codeine are metabolised to morphine.

Bear in mind that I may be wrong about any of the above. Please weigh in and correct me where necessary.

Last edited by Mindless; 17-08-2011 at 21:09.
Old 30-08-2011, 16:29
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Ireland
Hardy Bucks is captain of the psychonauts.Hardy Bucks is captain of the psychonauts.Hardy Bucks is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 994, Level: 4 Points: 994, Level: 4 Points: 994, Level: 4

Shit swim just took 270mg of codeine phosphate with zero tolerance to opiates within two hours and 15mg diazepam with high tolerance and is sipping a glass of wine. He feels fine. No problems. Usual itch. Should he be concerned? Write back as soon as possible!

Regards
Hardy
Old 30-08-2011, 16:45
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Someone mentioned taking 2 benzos with codeine & feeling good but not euphoric...

Benzos are known to block the euphoric aspect of an opioid high, while at the same time increasing the nodding effects.

So, it's a toss-up; more nod, or more euphoria?

Considering taking benzos with my Heroin (codeine isn't OTC here *sigh*) usually led to a blackout or me passing out & didn't even get to enjoy my high (or remember that I enjoyed it, *lol*) without euphoria, I preferred to potentiate my opioids in other manners (tagamet, DXM, diphenhydramine, etc) than benzos. Plus the synergistic respiratory depression effects of the two always kind of frightened me.

I've always preferred more euphoria over a stronger nod.

* we now return to our regularly scheduled discussion *

~Kailey
Old 30-08-2011, 18:31
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Ireland
Hardy Bucks is captain of the psychonauts.Hardy Bucks is captain of the psychonauts.Hardy Bucks is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 994, Level: 4 Points: 994, Level: 4 Points: 994, Level: 4

270mg Codeine Phosphate - 9 30mg Codeine Phosphate tabletes - Swim thinks he may be one of those 7% who lack the ability to turn the codeine into morphine as he has no tolerance to opiates yet has experienced litte euphoria - music sounds amazing and swim is relaxed but thats the height of it......
Old 31-08-2011, 13:57
Silver Member

Maximum daily dose of Codeine Phosphate is 240mg, up to 60mg every 4 hours.

The amount of Codeine you take depends on the preparation. Just bear in mind it is a depressant so will slow down your heart rate and your breathing to a point of death in some cases.

Be safe.

lillianni added 3 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Other depressants include benzo's, heroin, morphine, sleepers, alcohol. Don't expect to take all these and get euphoric, you'll probably just fall asleep and hopefully wake up an hour or two later.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good reminder about the possibility of respiratory depression, and fatal consequences.

Last edited by lillianni; 31-08-2011 at 13:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
benzo, codeine, codeine dosage, codeine phosphate, codeine tolerance, cwe, drugs-forum, no tolerance, opiate, overdose, tolerance, wine