Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 27-07-2011, 06:48

Male from United States
inee is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Mixing Promethazine/Codeine syrup w/ Vicodin safe?

SWIM has encountered promethazine/Codeine syrup numerous times before. But SWIM was wondering if the combination of 2 Watson 349 vicodin pills (hydrocodone/acetaminophen 5mg/500mg) is safe to be consumed with 3/4 oz of prometh/codine? 1oz contains 60mg/codeine, 37.5mg/promethazine. SWIM sips on syrup usually w/ 1oz in the Sprite mixed drink. Its the combination safe?
Old 28-07-2011, 03:25
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
SmaLLtown is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1
Re: Mixing Promethazine/Codeine syrup w/ Vicodin safe?

Those are very safe amounts. You'll be fine.
Old 28-07-2011, 03:40
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%

I am sorry to disagree with the poster above. While the information they are giving is not completely and horribly wrong, different people have different reactions to different substances. I guess as a rule with the average person, it's not fatal. However there are things to take into account. A person's tolerance, the chemical balances in the brain and individual has, the weight, age, and the person's reaction to the medications not just together but also combined.

All are CNS depressants, all are downers, and that promethazine is some nasty stuff if the person has a low tolerance, lower weight, and when combined with opiates and other downers.

The amount used for the "syrup" even though sipped COULD be dangerous. I am NOT saying the person will die, I am saying it does not sound safe to me.

This is no offense to the poster above me. It is possible this amount of substances can be safe for different people. Also, the poster does know what they are talking about when they say they are safe amounts, it's just the individual factors that makes me disagree.

*NOTE: If someone can let me know how I am wrong, I would appreciate it as I am just trying to be on the safe side, not trying to use scare tactics or disagree because it's fun.
Old 28-07-2011, 05:12

Male from United States
inee is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

**NOTE: In the first post i wrote 3/4 oz, and i meant 3 to 4 oz. not three fourths of an oz. Just to clarify
Old 28-07-2011, 14:17
Palladium Member

trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by inee View Post
**NOTE: In the first post i wrote 3/4 oz, and i meant 3 to 4 oz. not three fourths of an oz. Just to clarify
For sure, I would not personally even with medium tolerance add any kind of downers to an already heavy "syrup". Please do not do that.
Old 28-07-2011, 18:35
Silver Member

Swim would like to know how this is considered a "heavy" syrup?

Let swim see, it was read as 3/4 oz of promethazine/codeine which is less than 60mg codeine/37mg promethazine + 10mg hydrocodone. How in the world is that not a safe/small dose? Considering that amount, your being overly cautious. Swim wonders how you feel about the strong narcotics?
Now that the OP has clarified the amount, I think better debate can ensue.

Last edited by SmaLLtown; 28-07-2011 at 19:33.
Old 28-07-2011, 19:20
Palladium Member

No, no debate needed, I actually read it wrong. I was reading it as what I know the "regular dose" to be, and did not even see the 3/4 oz.

Also, as I said, it's not that you are wrong as much as because of the many different factors regarding mixing downers and CNS depressants, even in small doses, I would want to be overly cautious. When people take small amounts and it seems to not do the trick, or barley make it what they want, usually there is added doses.

I can say you win this debate if there were one, I just wanted to point out the factors and why I personally would error on the side of caution. It was not meant to challenge your knowledge.
Old 28-07-2011, 19:36
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdofbeingtrd View Post
No, no debate needed, I actually read it wrong. I was reading it as what I know the "regular dose" to be, and did not even see the 3/4 oz.

Also, as I said, it's not that you are wrong as much as because of the many different factors regarding mixing downers and CNS depressants, even in small doses, I would want to be overly cautious. When people take small amounts and it seems to not do the trick, or barley make it what they want, usually there is added doses.

I can say you win this debate if there were one, I just wanted to point out the factors and why I personally would error on the side of caution. It was not meant to challenge your knowledge.
Levelheaded you are. Swim can understand your position.
Old 28-07-2011, 19:58
Titanium Member

Female from United States
DriftAway is captain of the psychonauts.DriftAway is captain of the psychonauts.DriftAway is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

From my cats personal experience she has started with little to no tolerance and had both prometh/codeine syrup. She could have 3-4 oz syrup first then 1/2 hour later take the 10 mg hydrocodone and she personally has been fine. She is 5'9" and 130lb. Does your syrup contain acetaminophen (APAP)? Just be careful because high (over 4000mg) per 24 hour period can cause toxicity and is very dangerous for your liver. Also speaking from her experiences she get really dehydrated, sometimes with out thirst. Keep your fluids up as the combo is extremely dehydrating and has caused severe headaches or a hangover for her before.

DriftAway added 5 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Oh i usually drink ginger-ale (all natural Hansen's ginger-ale is the best or Reeds Ginger Beer...no alcohol) because the ginger helps keeps stomach aches away and the drinking helps keeps you hydrated.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Last edited by DriftAway; 28-07-2011 at 19:58. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
absinthe, acetaminophen, codeine, codeine and promethazine, codeine syrup, combinations, drug, hangover, hydrocodone, oxycodone, paracetamol, percocet, phenergan, promethazine, promethazine and codeine, promethazine syrup, vicodin, watson

» New Threads
My struggle with Loperamide
Last post by ophelia-b
8 Replies, 358 Views
The risk of untested pills
Last post by Ghetto_Chem
6 Replies, 105 Views
Bad news. FDA not allowing Kratom...
Last post by DepoV
20 Replies, 672 Views
Man charged in $80M drug heist...
Last post by Rob Cypher