Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 26-07-2011, 18:49

23 y/o Male from United States
Apocrypha8 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%
10 bags a day?

SWIM has recently found out his aunt does 10 bags a day, approximately how much heroin is this?
Old 26-07-2011, 19:43
Titanium Member

26 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: 10 bags a day?

No telling. A "bag" could be anything. Though typically, at least where I used, a bag meant a ten dollar amount, aka a dime. A dime could contain anywhere from 30-100 mg of dope, ime, depending on purity. Either way, you aunt is doing a lot of heroin. A lot. She has a very serious heroin problem. Most users average out at 2-4 dime bags a day to keep well. She is probably staying very high all day long.

How did you find this out? Is she interested in getting help? If she is, you might recommened her joining this site so she can get a few tips. She would probably do best with getting on methadone. That way she could still get a dose high enough to get a "buzz" but not have to worry about the large amount of money and the legal risks involved in buying heroin. Someone that uses that much is probably not ready to be clean so methadone would be a good option for her to get her life straight and then began to taper off methadone once she is in a better place in her life.

I wish you and her the best. However, if her addiction is causing you stress and problems, the best thing for you is to probably cut her out of your life. Don't let her problems ruin your life.
Old 26-07-2011, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Pictures View Post
No telling. A "bag" could be anything. Though typically, at least where I used, a bag meant a ten dollar amount, aka a dime. A dime could contain anywhere from 30-100 mg of dope, ime, depending on purity. Either way, you aunt is doing a lot of heroin. A lot. She has a very serious heroin problem. Most users average out at 2-4 dime bags a day to keep well. She is probably staying very high all day long.

How did you find this out? Is she interested in getting help? If she is, you might recommened her joining this site so she can get a few tips. She would probably do best with getting on methadone. That way she could still get a dose high enough to get a "buzz" but not have to worry about the large amount of money and the legal risks involved in buying heroin. Someone that uses that much is probably not ready to be clean so methadone would be a good option for her to get her life straight and then began to taper off methadone once she is in a better place in her life.

I wish you and her the best. However, if her addiction is causing you stress and problems, the best thing for you is to probably cut her out of your life. Don't let her problems ruin your life.
SWIM found out from his father. SWIMs cousin was down here and his father asked her if she wanted to live with us. SWIMs cousin does not know about her mothers problem yet.
Old 26-07-2011, 20:05
Banned

58 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocrypha8 View Post
SWIM has recently found out his aunt does 10 bags a day, approximately how much heroin is this?
In the Midwest, we call them balloons, cause it is Tar wrapped in cut up plastic bags and put in balloons.

They can be anywhere from 100-200mgs. So if you live in the Midwest she's doing anywhere from 1g-2g's a day. Which is a fairly hefty habit, but not really unusual. Many people I have known, and now have cut off, use 7-10 bags everyday. Usually one would have to subsidize their income to afford a habit like that everyday.

salgoud
Old 26-07-2011, 20:31

SWIMs aunt said she has been doing it for 6 months, but SWIM thinks that is a lie. How long would it take to build up THAT much of a tolerance?
Old 26-07-2011, 21:10
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United Kingdom
On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,261, Level: 7 Points: 2,261, Level: 7 Points: 2,261, Level: 7
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Impossible really to answer.

Could be 6 months could not.

I'm sure some will get there in that time.
Old 26-07-2011, 21:14
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,400, Level: 7 Points: 2,400, Level: 7 Points: 2,400, Level: 7
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

that tolerance could be built up rather fast. there are very many variables. the quality of the heroin, the persons metabolism, the route of administration (snorting, smoking, injecting). if she is staying very high all the time than that much of a tolerance could happen that quick if she has a very large income. for most they use the bare minimum to not be dope sick everyday and than once in a while, like on payday or when they come into a lot of money they will binge and do a lot more than their regular daily use and get really high and nod out.

around here a bag of heroin in 1/10th of a gram of heroin. its so expensive here that it will be either a very little short or right on. its my understanding that most places the typical bag is a tenth of a gram, but in some areas where heroin isn't so expense they may be bigger.
Old 27-07-2011, 00:51
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
urkuh is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

If SHE'S lookings to get clean, (she has to want it) I'd recommend Suboxone or anything relating to it, verus Methadone. Just because Methadone is more addictive then heroin.... It'd be exchanging one addiction for the next...

Back when I was using, my boyfriend & I usually averaged the same amount each. (I was usually 7/8ish, but ssometimes I'd do more) It also tells me she has money to spend.. (how else would she feed the habit...) Suboxone & such, can be/is more espensive then Methadone treatment, depending on her insurance, & she'll need to find a doctor who has been trained to subscribe it. But I personally think, as well as many others, its the best route, if it can be done. It comes in a little orange pill, or film, I recommend the film, because it has to be placed under the tongue, to disolve.

Just remember, if she isn't ready, don't force. A person has to want to get clean to get clean. You can force a person into treatment 20 timess, & after they get home, they'll continue use, but with a lower tolerance. When its even more possible to OD.

Hope it works out for you. You might wanna check on the addiction forum, mainly haroin. Their is a bupri... (i dunno the spelling, but its the medical term for suboxone's main ingrediant) in the header topics... that's what it starts with... that will give you more info into suboxone. It truely saved my life. And I've gotten to the point where i don't need to take it everyday, unlike methadone... hope you find what your looking for.

& it took me about 6 months, from just recreationally useing, to hardcore using... just saying.
Old 27-07-2011, 01:48
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from Spain
smark is a decent psychonaut.

Yeah its all to do with the weight and quality, plus her tolerance. I quit for years then nearly fell off the wagon here, and my tolerenance shot up fast, the stuff here is pure a bag for me is .1g but normally stocks min 1g-2g until i knocked it on the head. In the good old days ive no idea how much we caned but we werent weighing it, just chucking it on the foil and cattling it (slang for using a clipper lighter and blasting a fair old bit very quickly.

Its possible to get off, maybe she is telling the truth about the 6 months but i doubt it.
It wil be hard for you to deal with.

Good luck, if she wants to get clean she will. Ik did and only occasion dabble.

See if she wil go to a doc,clinic or something, sit down talk to her, se what she says and take it from there.
Old 27-07-2011, 03:28
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,400, Level: 7 Points: 2,400, Level: 7 Points: 2,400, Level: 7
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by urkuh View Post
If SHE'S lookings to get clean, (she has to want it) I'd recommend Suboxone or anything relating to it, verus Methadone. Just because Methadone is more addictive then heroin.... It'd be exchanging one addiction for the next…

. It truely saved my life. And I've gotten to the point where i don't need to take it everyday, unlike methadone... hope you find what your looking for.

& it took me about 6 months, from just recreationally useing, to hardcore using... just saying.
soboxone causes dependence just like heroin and methadone and any other opiate. switching from heroin to soboxone is exchanging another addiction for another (more like replacing it under the eye of a medical professional, just like methadone maintenance) i can tell you from personal experience that soboxone withdrawal is not a cake walk. im also not sure why you say methadone is more addictive than heroin. it can be argued the withdrawal lasts longer, but is less intense than full on heroin withdrawal. but soboxone withdrawal also lasts a long time.

soboxone is better for some people and methadone is better for others. and yet for some neither work, and they end up in diamorphine clinical trials (for UK addicts that is).

also your soboxone should be taken everyday as directed by your doctor. i couldn't see why a doctor would say otherwise, the point of opiate replacement is to get your body on a stable and completely regular chemical schedule, not using sporadically like an addiction where u withdrawal and then fix and so on.

sorry for getting off topic i just though i would throw my two cents into that post.
Old 27-07-2011, 13:56
Banned

58 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.

Quote:
SWIMs aunt said she has been doing it for 6 months, but SWIM thinks that is a lie. How long would it take to build up THAT much of a tolerance?
To tell you the truth, that would be rather quick in 6 months to be up to 10 bags a day. It is possible, but it is out of the norm. Normally, one wouldn't be taking that much in that short of time.

What type of H is it. Sure if it's 8% or 12%, the rest cut, yea she could be doing 20 blows a day. But if it's Tar, it would be a different story. Tar is strong. I've never seen so many people OD who take too much the first time. 100mg or 200mg of H per balloon even at 50% would kill a newbie.

If she want's help, she needs to go into Rehabilitation, for at least 30 days. Sometimes, one time through is all it takes, she may relapse, but she'll have the tools she learned in Rehab to get clean again.

She'll need to go somewhere where they will detox her medically. Otherwise, I don't think she'll go. Detox can be done very smoothly in Rehab, because they may give her a cocktail of Suboxone, Valium during the day, perhaps an anti-depressant, and slowly detox her. I've detoxed off Suboxone and methadone, Suboxone is not a cake walk, but is much easier for me, than methadone. Don't want to debate Sub vs. MMT's.

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 27-07-2011 at 14:05.
Old 27-07-2011, 17:06
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.
Points: 984, Level: 4 Points: 984, Level: 4 Points: 984, Level: 4
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

Where my pet lives, the bags that are sold are usually between 0.10 and 0.15 of a gram. So ten of these would be 1 gram - 1.5 grams. There is no telling actually how much your aunt is doing, without weighing the bags.

It took my pet only 2 years to get up to 10 bags a day, and within another year he was doing 10 bags at a time, as many times a day as he could afford to do. However my pet tried his hardest to maintain his tollerance and for a long time, used just to feel normal.

Ones tollerance can grow very quickly, depending on how much is being used. 6 months could easily be enough time to grow to 10 bags a day.
Old 28-07-2011, 04:20
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
urkuh is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1

I was just stating from personal experiance, & from friends, & medical experts.
alot of my friends did methadone, before, & now suboxone, & prefer it. Yes, subxonecab be addictive, like anything, but everyone i know, if they even experienced it... prefer the sub withdrawal, then mthadone. Most didn't experience ANY AT ALL, though...

& currently, I only take my suboxone, when I really need to. I'm at that point when I want to come off. Just stating from what I know. Methadone withdrawal, is longer, & for most, evem more intense... again, experiance.
you prefer methadone, i think suboxone is the quicker exit. but whatever. Its all opinion. I just know my doctor, hates methadone, & I hear about it all the time. Lol. But hyes, it does work for some people. Just takes longer...
Old 28-07-2011, 11:43
Banned

58 y/o Male from Togo

Quote:
Originally Posted by urkuh View Post
I only take my suboxone, when I really need to. I'm at that point when I want to come off. Just stating from what I know. Methadone withdrawal, is longer, & for most, evem more intense... again, experiance.
you prefer methadone, i think suboxone is the quicker exit. but whatever. Its all opinion. I just know my doctor, hates methadone, & I hear about it all the time. Lol. But hyes, it does work for some people. Just takes longer...
Off topic, but if his aunt wants to get off Heroin, it is important information. I've been on methadone 5 different times from anywhere from two months to 3 years. The last time was 3 years, I jumped off at 140mg because of a misunderstanding, and went through utter hell. I've been on Suboxone twice, the first time I detoxed no problem after two years, I used Lomotil, 90 tabs, w/two refills to help. They really do help, and are easy to kick.

Suboxone is so convenient. As long as you have insurance or only take 1/4 pill a day, it is affordable. Someone wanting to kick Heroin can taper down on the H, then transfer to Suboxone with no problem. I did it, it was a Cake Walk. I tapered to 1/2 a bag a day, waited till I was in mild withdrawals, then inducted at the doctors office. I could be on about any pain killer I want, but I can't control my use, so Suboxone is the one I take for my pain and my depression, and it's a real energy med, for me.

salgoud
Old 10-08-2011, 21:26

Male from United States
hellophone is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Man.. SWIM recently got a great connect within walking distance from his apartment. He's less than 15 minutes away from SWIM. Anyway. SWIM's been getting buns from him lately. SWIM ran into some cash, though it may be running dry soon, and was getting 3-4 buns at a time.

Needless to say SWIM jumped to 10 bags a day real quick. He's still there.. SWIM got 3 buns yesterday and is half way through them now.

And damn is this some ECP fire. In the nyc hood it just hit as far as I know. Baby blue they call it. No stamp. Just baby blue glassine bags.

Doesn't smoke as well as SWIM would prefer but by now he's a pro at smoking prettymuch any dope. This shit is good to sniff, but sniffing isn't SWIM's thing. One the brown sticky shit is around, which most people complain about so I can get bundles on the cheap - THAT shit is outstanding to smoke.. But not good for sniffing.

Anyway.. Yeah. 10 bags a day. Not that difficult.

hellophone added 7 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Quote:
Uh.. I've seen people go from 1 bag a day to a bundle in a week when they ran in to cash. And we're talking about some pretty green folks.

All it takes is money. That is usually the deciding factor in how fast and hard a habit can grow. Never underestimate the control an addictive personality can have over someone.

Last edited by hellophone; 10-08-2011 at 21:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
addicted, addiction, drug, drugs, heroin, heroin a, heroin addiction, heroin bundle, heroin habit, heroin high, heroin use, suboxone, taper