Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 15-07-2011, 19:16
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

31 y/o Male from United States
SPEEDBABY is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 146, Level: 1 Points: 146, Level: 1 Points: 146, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
How to prepare Ritalin for an IM shot

SWIM is looking to do an IM dose of Ritalin for the first tme. SWhat is the safest method of doing so?
Old 15-07-2011, 21:57
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
yb62338 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: How to prepare Ritalin for an IM shot

I really don't want to be a buzzkill, but for harm reduction's sake I must advise AGAINST shooting pills and specifically Ritalin. IM is even worse than IV.

The reason for this is that many Methylphenidate IR pills contain an especially high number of binders and fillers (the pill is huge relative to the amount of drug contained), of which talc is particularly malevolent because it can collect in the lungs and cause of a host of negative effects.

IM is simply asking for an abscess, an IV shot is possibly a (slightly) safer alternative.

If you must do this, then I would do as follows:

Crush pill into a fine solution
Dissolve solution in cold water. Do not heat
Micron Filter 2-3 times. Hopefully you will use at least a .22 filter (you will need an extra syringe with a detachable needle for this).
Locate the vein (or muscle, if you insist) tie off, insert needle, remove tourniquet and inject.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good notes of caution, particularly about the risk of abcesses with IM injection
Old 15-07-2011, 22:26
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,652, Level: 12 Points: 7,652, Level: 12 Points: 7,652, Level: 12
Activity: 20.6% Activity: 20.6% Activity: 20.6%

A less damaging way to increase speed of onset, bioavailability, and intensity of the buzz is to plug it. You could try mixing the ritalin with 1 or 1.5ml of water into a paste. Then administer rectally! Not a big fan of Ritalin, did a fair bit once, it was like drinking loads of coffee. Left me feeling agitated but no rush.
Old 16-07-2011, 07:19

Shucks, SWIM is disappointed. SWIM hates having to "plug".

SPEEDBABY added 362 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Y'know, you guys kind of spooked the bejesus out of SWIM when you told him of all the horrific things an IM shot of Ritalin would do to him. Then again, SWIM is a bull-headed son of a bitch who usually goes with his gut.

SWIM dissolved two 10 mg Ritalin tablets in cool water.
SWIM then used the cotton end of a toothpick as his filter.
SWIM loaded 5 cc of the concoction into a large syringe. (The kind that has removable needle head sizes.)
SWIM crossed his fingers and slowly administered said syringe full of liquified, "untreated" Ritalin solution into the back of his right bicep. There was no pain involved. The process went smooothly. The effects felt nice to SWIM, though nothing extraordinarily more euphoric than any other form of Ritalin administration. There was no subsequent irritation, swelling or reddening of the skin or muscle around SWIM's injection site.
In fact, SWIM was so disappointed with how anti-climactic the whole experience was that he immediately followed it up by "plugging" 5cc of a dissolved ritain/clonazepam cocktail, which (according to SWIM, and I'll take his word for it) was far more intense and enjoyable than the "horrific" IM shot he'd been warned against. SWIM isn't necessarily saying that its safe to inject pharmaceuticals, or that people who told SWIM it was are liars or anything. swim merely has to wonder how many of those adamant anti- pill plungers have experienced a negative reaction firsthand or are just re-hashing hearsay. Don't get SWIM wrong, needle use in any form carries with it a multitude of dangers and potential hazards, but there are heroin junkies on the street shooting God knows what into their arms using no method more advanced than SWIM'S same cotton ball filter, and some of them don't ruin a vein for years. SWIM is sure it is not a good idea to IV or IM anything,per se, but some of these threads have made pharmaceutical needle play sound like a first class ticket to a hellish nightmare of epic proportions. Perhaps with an IV shot this may be closer to the truth, but it is hard to believe that a LITTLE binder or filler lodged in the well-fortified sinews of an arm muscle or the thick padding of fat in an ass cheek could create such horrific circumstances on a regular basis.It's not as if one's pulmonary artery would clog and collapse after an IM administration. Eventually, the natural anti-bodies in your system will swing by and zap the foreign substance off of that most inconsequential part of the body (an outer muscle layer or fat deposit.) SWIM stands by your assertions that IVing pharmaceuticals without extensive knowledge is a terrible idea, however just based on SWIM's own personal experience, he has no choice but to differ with your assertion of these "magnificent" dangers associated with IM shots, especially considering the pharmaceutical drugs are of a purer chemical composition than street injectables (which also carry far more dangerous and alien "extras".) SWIM is not attempting to suggest or encourage that anyone go out and embark on an IM pill free-for-all, SWIM is merely having difficulty understanding where the genesis of what appears to him (based on his own experience) to be grossly hysteric misinformation arrived from. SWIM is sure pharmaceutical IM use has its serious risks, but he can no longer take the widespread hysteria over its condemnation TOO seriously. SWIM wishes it had kicked in stronger, frankly, and if he hadn't given up IV drug use in 2003, he might even be considering an upgrade. Maybe SWIM is just built differently, a "chemical superman" as he was once (or twice) referred too over the years, but the bottom line is that the cautionary tales failed to manifest, and the suggested "preparation" for administration turned out to be completely unnecessary advice in this instance. So what is SWIM to make of that?

SPEEDBABY added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Correction: the cotton end of a q-tip, not a toothpick, lol

Last edited by SPEEDBABY; 16-07-2011 at 07:19. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-07-2011, 07:47
Silver Member

SWIM is glad your experience went well and did not want to come off as condescending or arrogant, but for the sake of HR and of those who many google this and attempt it, SWIM felt it would be wise to advise of the risks involved.

The human body is an engineering marvel and a magnificent machine that has remarkable healing powers and the ability to self-regulate. However, when SWIY injects, SWIY is bypassing the body's natural filtering mechanisms. As a result, ordinarily benign things like milk, concentrated alcohol, etc. can have a far worse effect when administered IV/IM.

A few IM shots of anything are unlikely to cause lasting damage, but the problems that SWIM mentioned specifically for Ritalin are true.
Here is a study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8109495

SWIY is absolutely right to say that the adulterants in street drugs can be just as, if not more harmful. The point SWIM is trying to make is that while street drugs MAY contain harmful adulterants, methylphenidate tablets DO contain harmful components.

SWIM does not believe Methylphenidate itself is harmful. SWIM would encourage SWIY to purchase a micron filter if SWIY wishes to continue with this.

Excellent harm reduction and well supported with references. Good work.
Old 16-07-2011, 08:15

Right on. I like your style. Any thoughts on why the pharmaceutical companies deliberately put that dangerous stuff into Ritalin tablets? Coincidence or something more sinister?
Old 16-07-2011, 15:45
Silver Member

Female from United States
The_Joker is on the way upThe_Joker is on the way upThe_Joker is on the way up
Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

Probably just inert ingredients to make the tablet larger and easier to take.

I am sure you could extract the actual Ritalin out of it, if you know how to do it, and this would prevent these worries.

A woman I know uses Ritalin (prescribed) for ADHD but takes it at a normal dose, orally. Sometimes, she gets into mischief and has snorted them which she found pleasure in. She would liken it to long-acting cocaine. Her true DOC is meth but she found it pleasurable. Simply taken orally there is no pleasure in it but it improves her focus and makes her more functional.

She has never IV'd anything but would be lying to say it hadn't occurred to her.

It just seems like opening a nasty can of worms.

Just eat them thats why they are pills.

Best of luck to you i truly hope you do not get hurt from doing this, I would guess its doubtful doing it a few times would hurt you but anything is possible.

If a piece of this binder did not dissolve well you could get an embolism.
Old 16-07-2011, 17:42
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

you can extract the methylphenidate from the tablets with grain alcohol (Everclear) and get a fairly pure substance if you want to IV or IM it.

I've never done it and there is a TEK on here that I can't seem to find but basically you crush the pills, put in a shot glass or a larger glass if needed, cover with alcohol, let sit for a couple hours, filter through coffee filters, re-filter, then pour the alcohol onto a large plate or baking dish to evaporate and scrape up the (mostly) pure methylphenidate.

I've shot these pills abunch and it really isn't all that great, even IV. It's just an instant high, no rush like coke or dope or meth. And IM injection is next to pointless. You're taken way too much risk for little reward. If you're going to IM you might as well plug (like you did) or snort the pills. But yeah, you can extract the mph from tablets and get a much safer substance to inject.

Oh, why this is more dangerous than shooting heroin: when heroin is cut, the cutters know that it is going to be used for injection and therefore use a pretty safe cut like manitol or quinine or something that dissolves in water and is harmless to the body. The binder and filler in methylphenidate tablets can actually re-solidify in the body and end up in the lungs, heart, kidneys, liver, arteries, etc. This is happening a lot now that more people are injecting pills like oxycodone and such. Drug dealers aren't going to purposly cut their product with something that is going to harm their customers. It's bad business. But since tablets are meant to be swallowed, they can have any kind of binders in them as long as they are safe to ingest.

Seriously, opiate addicts that shoot heroin have a lot less physical problems than those who inject opiate pills. Pills are honestly worse to inject than street drugs like meth, coke, or heroin. The only plus to using pills is that you know the exact dose you're getting.

Also, Ritalin is the worst mph tablet to inject. They are the biggest and have the most amount of fillers in them. Methylin 10 mg is what I use and they're tiny white tablets that have much less fillers than ritalin tablets.

Oh, and why IM is more dangerous, any solids will just sit under the skin and be an open invitation to an abscess. All the germs and bacteria will just fester under the skin. IV users don't get abscesses from good shots, they get them from missed shots where the solution goes under the skin.

Nice explanation of IM abscesses

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 16-07-2011 at 17:56. Reason: adding more
Old 16-07-2011, 23:05
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDBABY View Post
Right on. I like your style. Any thoughts on why the pharmaceutical companies deliberately put that dangerous stuff into Ritalin tablets? Coincidence or something more sinister?
I think it has a lot to do with the amount of medication relative to the overall mass of the pill. If you think about it, a 10 mg is much more massive than an actual 10 mg of Methylphenidate.

I don't think the pharmaceutical companies deliberately put talc in their product to kill off illicit users, although they probably didn't bother to remove these components from their product because they dislike their product being associated with IV/IM (ab)use. In all fairness, needles are taboo pretty much everywhere (and I'm an IV user myself).

I'd follow the advice above as extracted methylphenidate should be fair less dangerous.
Old 24-07-2011, 19:57
Silver Member

39 y/o Male from Canada
meth_latex_catsuit_doll is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1

The safest way to shoot Ritalin in the bloodstream, is Plugging.

Make sure your bowels are clean, then:

Crush the Ritalin pills into powder with a pill crusher;
put powder in a baby feeding syringe;
Fill the syringe with warm water; (5ml of water would do the trick)
Shake the cocktail;
Lubricate the syringe with KY;
Insert the syringe;
Squirt.

Done.

It's going to hit fast and hard. By the time you're out of the bathroom, you're going to be Ritalined.

I don't plug more than 60mg of Ritalin, as I find that it makes me sweat more with no additional stimulation. I rather redose later, than Booty Bump a lot.

Interesting method

Share this on:

Tags
injecting, injection site, intravenous injection, ritalin

» New Threads
Will Obama Help Pave The Way By...
Last post by Beenthere2Hippie
0 Replies, 1 Views
Why can't I tolerate pot anymore?
Last post by Zoidberg
7 Replies, 106 Views