Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 13-07-2011, 22:19

27 y/o Male from United States
tupapison is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Oxycontin 40mg vs Versatis 5%(700mg Lidocaine)

SWIM has had a chronic back pain for 13 years now and the doctor recommended that SWIM changed his medication from Oxycontin(2 pills for pain so 80mg in total) to Versatis 5%(700mg Lidocaine)..Or use them both combined..

Compared to Oxycotin 80mg, how does the Versatis 5% 700mg Lidocaine patch compared to Oxy 80's deals with the pain? He also offered SWIM Fentanyl, but those are $250.00 for 5 patches, when i can just get 30 pills of Oxycontin for $200.00.

Should i try the Versatis patches with the Oxycontin 80mg, or just try with 1 patch every 12 hours, 5 patches for $40 dollars.

SWIM just wants the best pain release out there, SWIM likes Oxycontin 80mg, but SWIM doesn't know if he should add Vesartis patch also or not worth it, will SWIM get a higher HIGH if he snorts 80mg Oxycontin plus 1 Patch of Versatis?

Thanks.

Or just SWIM just try Fentanyl Patches alone(no oxy and noVersatis, SWIM believes he is gonna be sent 100 or 1000mg or mc he doesn't remember.

Thanks!
Old 14-07-2011, 17:52

26 y/o Male from Earth
jackosiris is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Re: Oxycontin 40mg vs Versatis 5%(700mg Lidocaine)

my dogs had chronic lower back and leg pain for 3+ years now and my doctor (my GP) suggested that I asked my pain clinic consultant about the Lidocaine patches in conjuction with OxyContin & OxyNorm. I have to say that the Ldocaine patches did help with the constant stabbing pain my dog experienced - but nothing else - but everyone is different and it may do more for you... Since it only helped with one effect my dog experienced they did not continue with the lidocaine patch treatment. Personally I would not discontinue OxyContin just to use Lidocaine patches. Ask your doctor if you can use them in conjunction. Highly doubt you will get a higher high when using both in conjunction. The patches should just numb the area you apply them to.
My dog have never tried Fentanyl so cannot comment on if you should or not... although my dogs doctor did once consider puttin it on them but decided against it in the end and upped its Oxy.
Old 14-07-2011, 18:39
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
SplitDecision is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2
Re: Oxycontin 40mg vs Versatis 5%(700mg Lidocaine)

For a long term chronic pain such as SWIY's back SWIM would imagine a extended release formula like Oxycontin would be best, however Fentanyl patches can be far less habit forming in SWIMs opinion due to the lack of euphoria produced. But if money is an issue, Fentanyl can be out of the picture. As far as lidocaine goes, give it a try, it helped SWIM alot with his herniated disk. The only issue is that the patch can only be used 12 hours on, 12 hours off which leaves a lot of time without it. This is the one issue that would push SWIM to reccomend both in conjuction. But as always discuss these issues with SWIY's doctor.

Best of luck, hope this helps...

Share this on:

Tags
benztropine, dogs, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, euphoria, lidocaine, lidoderm, morphine, opioid, oxycodone, oxycontin, usa