Ecstasy & MDMA Ecstasy (XTC) pills and pure MDMA

Old 13-07-2011, 01:12
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
roastlamb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 190, Level: 2 Points: 190, Level: 2 Points: 190, Level: 2
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Blurred Vision from MDMA

so a friend of a friend has been taking MDMA every weekend. After taking it they always have blurry vision. They would not know if the side effect will go away since they take it again at the weekend. If they stopped taking the drug would their vision return back to normal?
Old 13-07-2011, 08:28
Cocaine / MDMA / Wiki
Co-Moderator

50 y/o Male from Earth
Wanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,585, Level: 11 Points: 6,585, Level: 11 Points: 6,585, Level: 11
Activity: 8.3% Activity: 8.3% Activity: 8.3%
Re: Blurred Vision from MDMA

This is perfectly normal since two of the effects of MDMA use are visual distortion and pupil dilation (which can cause visual distortion). Nothing to worry about, everything should go back to normal after a while.

If problems do persist, do not hesitate to see an ophthalmologist for an evaluation. However, a critter should probably abstain from using MDMA for a few weeks to see if the symptoms go away first.

Be well...
Old 13-07-2011, 08:42
Palladium Member

23 y/o Male from United States
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

When you say blurry vision do you mean the eye wiggles, the ones you get while on MDMA? Or are you saying post-mdma-use, your vision is blurry, as in your eyes can't focus?

The first is not uncommon, at least swim has experienced short moments of nystagmus after taking mdma for a few days, especially when high or listening to the music he heard. The second doesn't seem normal. Either way you should stop taking MDMA for at least one weekend. I mean, you should ideally space out uses at least a month but thats not realistic for a lot of people.

But since you're actually experiencing negative effects, "I'm pretty sure this drug is affecting my vision but I continue to take it weekly, I don't know for sure if it'll improve if I stop so I might as well keep taking it LOL" is what I hear. I'm not trying to come off as a jerk but seriously, if I told you every time I drank I lost all sensation in my arms, but continued to drink, what would you say?
Old 13-07-2011, 08:56
Cocaine / MDMA / Wiki
Co-Moderator

50 y/o Male from Earth
Wanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

The hamster has experienced blurry vision or loss of visual acuity due to extreme pupil dilation. Completely separate from nystagmus or "eye wiggles", which happens too and can be part of the fun.

However as SWIEscapeDummy states agreeing with the hamster and most anyone else here, the critter should give it a rest for a while and see if the blurry vision goes away.

Also, most would agree that weekly use is probably too frequent and could risk other health effects.

Be well...
Old 13-07-2011, 09:00
Palladium Member

EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline

Strange! Can you explain what the loss of acuity/blurry vision is like, I mean describe it? Does it happen while on mdma? Or afterwards? I get the eye wiggles so bad that I cannot see or make sense of any visual input for a second or two (however long the wiggles last). But besides that, my vision is crystal clear, I haven't noticed any negative visual impact that I can think of.
Old 13-07-2011, 09:10
Cocaine / MDMA / Wiki
Co-Moderator

50 y/o Male from Earth

The hamster says it happens when his pupils balloon up to the size of small saucers. Lights have halos around them at night, distance vision is affected in that when riding in the car he can't see the usual distances he normally can clearly. Some things look a bit fuzzy at a distance, it's mostly distance vision.

This same effect occurs with most any psychoactive the hamster ingests which causes extreme pupil dilation, as well as when getting his eyes examined by the ophthalmologist and they dilate them to check for retinal damage. It takes a bit for things to go back to normal, but it does.

The length of time it takes may also be a function of the hamster's age, but up to this day he has perfect vision, in fact it was just checked a few days ago.

Be well...
Old 13-07-2011, 09:43
Palladium Member

I see, actually I too get the halos and perhaps distance vision is affected, I'm not too sure but it's definitely likely. Most of the time on mdma, I'm not looking at things far away.

That's interesting that any sort of dilation results in this for swiy. Shrooms and LSD improve my eyesight, near as well as far vision are improved.
Old 13-07-2011, 09:53
Cocaine / MDMA / Wiki
Co-Moderator

50 y/o Male from Earth

Mr. Hamster sort of agrees with the bit about shrooms. He's wanted to experience LSD, but hasn't quite had the right opportunity. He's planning on seeing if he can sample something like a 2C-E or 2C-I and the happy hamster might be able to report back later.

But definitely associated with pupil dilation. Even most recently with his experiences with bk-MDMA.

Be well...
Old 14-07-2011, 00:52
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
This is perfectly normal since two of the effects of MDMA use are visual distortion and pupil dilation (which can cause visual distortion). Nothing to worry about, everything should go back to normal after a while.

If problems do persist, do not hesitate to see an ophthalmologist for an evaluation. However, a critter should probably abstain from using MDMA for a few weeks to see if the symptoms go away first.

Be well...
My dinosaur tends to feel dizzy and has constant headaches also after taking mdma.
Old 14-07-2011, 03:23

Male from United States
awgneo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SWIM (who also takes it every weekend now) originally had vision issues (blurriness) for a few days following use; but, this minor problem was quickly resolved by following the pre/post loading procedures here:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=108415

Specifically, the detailed antioxidant strategies alleviated the problem for SWIM entirely . Actually, SWIM has some vision issues the next day after excessive alcohol consumption. Taking antioxidants solved that as well.

Be safe
Old 16-07-2011, 02:20
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by awgneo View Post
SWIM (who also takes it every weekend now) originally had vision issues (blurriness) for a few days following use; but, this minor problem was quickly resolved by following the pre/post loading procedures here:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=108415

Specifically, the detailed antioxidant strategies alleviated the problem for SWIM entirely . Actually, SWIM has some vision issues the next day after excessive alcohol consumption. Taking antioxidants solved that as well.

Be safe
my dinosaurs thanks you for that because he tends to drink a lot of alcohol on nights out
Old 17-07-2011, 15:08
Silver Member

Female from Earth
zenchicken is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 156, Level: 2 Points: 156, Level: 2 Points: 156, Level: 2
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

Blurry vision? Oh yeah at higher doses (250, 300mg for me) I can't focus on anything, have to close one of my eyes just to focus (and then proceed to see objects like they were very far away, for instance). If I combine it with cannabis, it just makes it "worse" (I don't really mind).

Anyway, blurriness should be gone with the high, or at least after some good hours of sleep. If your friend continue to experience problems for days after, it could be his eyes are very tired or irritated (was rolling their eyes around? was he in an environment full of cigarette smoke? etc), but that shouldn't last a week long. Is your friend testing what he is taking? Could be a weird adulterant in there.
Old 22-07-2011, 06:36
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Antigua and Barbuda
vantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way up
Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

MDMA is a mild psychedelic and gives a sort of blurry vision...

Don't confuse that type of blurry vision with the type that comes from taking too much amphetamine/MDMA...

Try staring at the lines on your hand, if they are just really blurry and nothing else you probably need to lay off... If the lines on your hand are blurry and start to move and bend just sit back and enjoy.

Share this on:

Tags
ecstasy