Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Nightshades
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Nightshades Atropine plants like Datura(Angel trumpet), Mandrake & Bella Donna

Closed Thread

Old 27-02-2006, 03:36

30 y/o
Mr_Guinness should review received reputation comments.
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Datura Extraction.

Over the past few weeks i've been researching some better and safer
alternative ways to taking Datura. I think if you could exract the main alkaloids into a liquid form and then applying it to a stamp sheet (like only a drop per stamp) or something,
making it blotter Datura.
It then could be taken through sublingual absorption, If taken in this manner at the very lowest dose it should produce a good trip.
Also you would have a more controlled product, In outher words you're products potency would be easier to measure (1/4 a stamp, 1/2 a stamp, 1 stamp, etc.) making sure you get the perfect dose every time. besides how damege could one drop do? All though thats not to say don't use extreme caution. Safety first!
I thought i'd see what you people thought first though?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Worst idea Award-Winner.
Old 27-02-2006, 04:11
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male
StigmataLectron is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2
I've been thinking on this a lot too. The only problem I see is extracting the main ingredients and somehow isolating it. The high you get from weed isn't just THC, it's also different cannaboids that make a bouquet of the high. Maybe Datura has the same sort of deal, so there'd be a little experimentation needed to find the right stuff to extract. There's also the problem that you'd have to be able to measure it accurately, like taking out whatever was used so you'd be left with something pure - and that's a helluva lot easier to dose without accidentally killing yourself.

All problems aside, though, I think it would kick ass if this were done. If you ever succeed in doing this, make sure to tell us what you use and stuff. I'm interested.
Old 27-02-2006, 06:04
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Get it through your heads: The datura trip is very toxic - whether from the raw plant or the extracted tropine alkaloids. If you decide to do this on your lonesome, that is your problem. But if I ever hear of "Datura Blotters" being sold in clubs, at concerts, or the local high school - Run!
Old 27-02-2006, 09:22
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,170, Level: 41 Points: 83,170, Level: 41 Points: 83,170, Level: 41
Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5%
I suggest you read up on Datura and atropine alkaloids. This is not the way to go for a nice experience. Far from it. Most Datura trips are very unpleasant and an extraction will not improve that. Expect reactions from your clients, like the signature of Stigmataelectron desribes. Expect revenge.

Last edited by Alfa; 27-02-2006 at 09:38.
Old 27-02-2006, 09:30
Palladium Member

Male from United States
CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.
Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5
Who needs a more potent form of atropine and scopolamine anyways??
Old 27-02-2006, 14:50

26 y/o Male
StigmataLectron is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2
I'm aware that Datura is dangerous in that it's toxic, and judging by Erowid's trip reports only one out of every thousand people actually like it. But I don't know. To put it frankly, I'm still an ignorant teen who wants to try it at least once. Call me crazy. Maybe it could be a good "Bad Trip" therapy that they intended to use LSD to treat Alcohol addiction for.

Also based on the trip reports, I would never want to sell this stuff . If I were to ever make blotters or something, I'd definitely just have them for personal use.
Old 27-02-2006, 21:10
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,170, Level: 41 Points: 83,170, Level: 41 Points: 83,170, Level: 41
Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5%
In that case, trust me; you'll only need to make one. And you'll probably regret that. And there are enough extremely dangerous things around if you so desperately want to try that. But you just found one of the holy grails of dangerous drugs. Atropine / scopolamine blotters.
This forum clearly demonstrates the world is full of the most exotic drugs. You could write a encyclopedia about drugs you have never tried. Why the hell choose datura extract? What's next, shooting nicotine? (for the noobs amongst us: this is deadly. Do not try!)
Old 21-03-2006, 21:47

Male
Dogears is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1
Yes, making datura tabs would be a waste of time and effort as few people who do datura do it more than once in their life.
Old 26-03-2006, 09:21
Silver Member

Female
dokter_bob is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
it would be more interesting to get a standarized extraction...oh well, it depends, depends...depends...

Post Quality Evaluations:
Dangerous idea!
Old 26-03-2006, 13:25
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
A friend one mine once bought some anti-cold tablets in capsules. Inside them were the ingredients in little balls. He identified which one was (if I remember correctly) scopalamine or atropine, which in tiny doses does have a use in medicine (as does belladonna, which contains similar alkaloids to datura). To cut a long story short, he was hallucinating for about three days . I mean really hallucinating, talking to non-existent people etc. His parents nearly had him commited to a mental institution. He didn't ever do it again! Larger doses kill-- the plants that contain these alkaloids were used as poisons in the past.

Timothy Leary is quoted as saying he had never heard of a good belladonna (/ datura/ jimson) weed trip. I never intend to try it.
Old 26-03-2006, 15:50
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
They are used in cold medicines - very rarely today - due to their drying effect on the sinuses and other mucosa. One of the effects of a case of datura poisoning - YES POISONING - is the victim feels like the Sahara Desert. Some people have drowned themselves in ponds and streams in their delirium in an attempt to hydrate themselves from this extremely uncomfortable effect.

Where I live, every few years some dumb kids try the indigenous datura strammonium (Jimson Weed) that grows around here. And we end up with newspaper and TV reports on their conditions for several days to a week before they are released from the local hospital. The hospital is where anyone who sold or gave this stuff to our kids could expect to be staying as well. Most likely for a lot longer than a week.
Old 26-03-2006, 20:47
Banned

Male
Aopocetx should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
I've had two (out of two) good trips on brugmansia (tree datura, aka Angel's Trumpet). The key is doing it right. Why do you think witches and shamans used it if it's so horrible?
Old 26-03-2006, 22:01
Banned

Male
Abrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,205, Level: 9 Points: 4,205, Level: 9 Points: 4,205, Level: 9
Not for fun anyway. They're hardly recreational users are they?
Old 15-07-2006, 14:18
Gold Member

Female from Earth
Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.
Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5
Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aopocetx
I've had two (out of two) good trips on brugmansia (tree datura, aka Angel's Trumpet). The key is doing it right. Why do you think witches and shamans used it if it's so horrible?
maybe more the spiritual nasty visual hullincations that tear up your souls in un ending torment. also seems to make normal drug induced psychosis seem like a walk in the zoo like sight-seeing, in comparison.. The zooman does exist... along with the badger in his pocket selling belladonna in purple bluee shorts..
Old 17-09-2006, 07:17
Silver Member

Female from United States
Neosapien is a decent psychonaut.
For information's sake here's an extraction procedure swim ran across:

The alkaloids found in Datura include atropine, scopolamine, and hyoscyamine in that order of greatest -> least concentration.

Symptoms of belladonna(datura in this case) poisoning are the same as those for atropine (the best-known of the tropane alkaloids), and include dilated pupils, tachycardia, hallucinations(can be extreme, smoking SEEMS IME to be less than oral dosing), blurred vision, loss of balance, a feeling of flight, staggering, a sense of suffocation, paleness followed by a red rash, flushing, husky voice, extremely dry throat, constipation, urinary retention, and confusion(extreme). The skin can completely dry out and slough off. Fatal cases have a rapid pulse that turns feeble. -Wikipedia

The antidote is physostigmine or pilocarpine, the same as for atropine. -Wikipedia

Also nicotine is a weak antidote to atopa alks generally lessening the effects in only the smallest amount IME.

I don't why this is none to be found, here or erowid or anywhere for that matter since it is a simple procedure.

1- Collect datura flowers and seed pods.

2- Dried and powder, coffee grinder works well.

3- Acidify water to Ph 2.
-Hcl 30% ~10ml/liter.

4- Mix in powderd plant material and heat to 50 deg C for ~20-30 minutes while stirring.

5- Remove heat and allow to cool. Cap jar and wait 12 hours.
-Repeat 1-2 times for improved yeild and combine fluids.

5.5- If you used just flowers you probebly wont need to defat, otherwise it would be a good idea.

6- Slowly add Lye while stirring. I reccomend only adding ~1/16 - 1/8 a teaspoon by sprinkling slowly at a time and waiting 2-5 minutes for a haze to form.

7- Once all of the crystals are settled to the bottom remove as much water as possible with a baster or whatever.

8- Pour onto a evaporating dish and allow to dry. Heat probebly wont hurt.

Delivery:
Isoprpyl works good and can be saturated more than ethyl alcohol as a delivery system. Just let it dry before smoking.

If you choose just powder then only use about 2-3 or less to begin with. Generally extracts of this tech will require about 10-20 mg, although this is ASSUMING a significant loss. If you is more pure than using that much could EASILY cause bad effects and possibly death(a COMMON occurance with the atropa alks).

Smoke slowly and stop when it starts to hit you our else it may become uncomfortable real quick.

Oral dosing is probebly not the best way due to the duration and more erratic behaviour of the atropa alks.

Never tried it, wouldn't recommend it, but there it is.
Closed Thread

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, atropine, brugmansia, datura, datura flower, drug, extraction, how to extract, scopolamine, smoking datura, tea