Register Tags

Notices

Old 28-06-2011, 17:33

Female from United States
curiouscat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Cheratussin AC??

just got a bottle of Cheratussin AC (4oz, 118mL). The doc says it has codeine in it...bottle says 10mg codeine for 100mg of guaifenesin per 1tsp. Basically my question is how can i get the most out of this bottle? I have a pretty low tolerance for codeine. Usually 3 5/500 Lortabs will give me a nice buzz. I have also had some experience with a small bottle of Tussionex. So, how much of this syrup should I take to equal the effects of 3 lortabs or the Tussionex? Thanks
Old 28-06-2011, 17:46
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Nanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,723, Level: 7 Points: 2,723, Level: 7 Points: 2,723, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Cheratussin AC??

Might be best to do CWE'

Here's a quote from wiki-

Consumption of guaifenesin in above-normal quantities has the potential to cause side effects. Known side effects include nausea, vomiting, and (rarely) the formation of kidney stones of uric acid (uric acid nephrolithiasis).[16] Nausea and vomiting can be reduced by taking guaifenesin with meals.[1] The risk of forming kidney stones can be reduced by maintaining good hydration and increasing the pH of urine (see Uric acid nephrolithiasis). Rarely, severe allergic reactions may occur, including a rash or swelling of the lips or face, which may require urgent medical assistance. Mild dry mouth or chapped lips may also occur when taking this medication. Drinking a glass of water is recommended each time one takes guaifenesin.[17] Water helps to reduce dry mouth, chapped lips, and the risk of kidney stones, and increases the effectiveness of the drug in hydrating mucus.

Im sure they have a TEK on removing the g from the c. I'll try to find a link for you
Old 28-06-2011, 20:20

yea i looked into an extraction method and couldnt really come up with much...was seeing if someone had any experience with this type of syrup and if so, what it compared to?

curiouscat83 added 145 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

anything? usually i try to keep an optimistic approach when taking stuff like this ha, so I'll convince myself its more potent than it actually is. I hope the bottle wasnt a waste...what do you think, 2 ounces (120mg of codeine, 1200mg guaifenesin) would be enough? dont want to waste it by taking 1 1/2 ounces and not getting anything...but also dont want to over do it. damn not having a conncet sucks

Last edited by curiouscat83; 28-06-2011 at 20:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 28-06-2011, 21:15
Phenoxide Phenoxide is nu online
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,868, Level: 20 Points: 19,868, Level: 20 Points: 19,868, Level: 20
Activity: 29.6% Activity: 29.6% Activity: 29.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscat83 View Post
yea i looked into an extraction method and couldnt really come up with much
Ya might want to look a little bit more in future.. there's an entire sub-forum on this site dedicated to the topic of opiate and opioid extraction:

Opiate Extraction Sub-Forum

Just taking a quick glance around that sub-forum I've spotted several threads that may be highly relevant to your question, particularly:

Extracting Codeine from Syrup

Cheratussin AC - seperating the Codeine from the guaifenesin

Looking into dextromethorphan extraction (which also has its own sub-forum) methods may also give an idea of ways that one might be able to separate separate guaifenesin from other drugs. Obviously the methods designed for DXM extraction are not necessarily suitable for extraction of codeine but it's a good starting point for research.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Adresses the OP's questions very well, and with precision.
Old 29-06-2011, 01:10

i did the research, there is no current successful extraction method for cheratussin...guess ill hope my stomach can handle the extra shit

curiouscat83 added 147 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

anyone? what hsould I expect if taking almost 2 ozs...in sense of what does it compare to as far as other things like hydrocodone and tussionex

Last edited by curiouscat83; 29-06-2011 at 01:10. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-06-2011, 19:30
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Nanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,723, Level: 7 Points: 2,723, Level: 7 Points: 2,723, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

It doesn't have to be an extraction from Cheratussin specifically. Of course DF isn't going to have an extraction TEK for every single brand of cough syrup.

Swiy has a AB solution and wants to get the A out of the B to get high off the A
So instead of typing- How do I extract codeine from Cheratussin
Swiy might get more results typing- How can I separate codeine from guaifenesin.
Shit, I took the time to write this, might as well find the damn link for yah. brb
Ok after typing that into google the second link down has some good info. its from a forum so I cant paste links but.......

"If you can separate out the guaifenesin, really depends on if the guaifenesin is a undissolved powder or not. So look at the solution, does it look clear or cloudy? If it's clear, then there is no simple way to separate out the guaifenesin. If it's cloudy, and the cloudiness is from undissolved guaifenesin powder, then yes, centrifuging will separate them out. But I really doubt it"

^^Phenoxide mentioned the DXM threads, im sure you could use the same extraction process for the codeine

Dude, dont take the guaf unless you like to puke

If you dont have the time to look around for your own safety then thats your problem, this is the last time im gonna point you in the right direction. I dont care for people who dont care for themselves.

Peace-

Share this on:

Tags
drug