Notices

Old 20-06-2011, 04:41

24 y/o Male from Canada
HomerJayS is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Adderall and Food (need more food)

All opinions welcome )

Swim has no appetite from Adderall xr and doesn't want to have a bunch of food interfering with the medication during the day. But Swim exercises a lot and is losing too much weight. Swim wants to eat something late at night that will refuel the body, and possibly increase body weight (need more calories/protein/vitamins/fibre). Swim doesn't mind interfering with medication at night, and welcomes that.

HomerJayS added 213 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Any recipe ideas, Or foods worth stocking up on?

Last edited by HomerJayS; 20-06-2011 at 04:41. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-06-2011, 05:37
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,432, Level: 19 Points: 18,432, Level: 19 Points: 18,432, Level: 19
Activity: 93.8% Activity: 93.8% Activity: 93.8%
Re: Adderall and Food (need more food)

Food does not "interfere with the medication". Eat in the morning before taking the medication when you still have an appetite. Eat whole foods, not food substitutes. Fresh fruit and veggies, good meat, well made breads.

Smoothies and fresh juices can be useful during the day to supplement. A good quality vegetable juicer is a good investment.
Old 24-06-2011, 05:08
Silver Member

Female from United States
up.and.running06 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1

OP-

Potter is prety much right. Although, if you're really worried, dont eat within an hour of taking the medication.
If SWIY just takes care to not eat a large meal around the initial dose and does not take anything with vitamin C until later in the evening, food really will/should not have much of an effect on the meds.

SWIM also works out (weight lifting and cardio) six times a week, and has found that she is better off if she eats regularly throughout the day. She has actually noticed that a meal in the afternoon "re-boots" the adderall. This goes for IR as well as XR (she has been prescribed both).

Some good meals to eat during the day (that will not decrease amphetamine absorption if you're really concerned...) are milk, bananas, peanuts, etc. At that point though, SWIM would recommend not worrying about it.

In addition, add protein shakes into SWIY's diet. They are an integral part of any workout plan and the BCAA's and glutamine are said to help refresh some of the brain chemicals that adderall "eats up."

Never forget those whole foods, grilled chicken and fresh vegetables though, and drink plenty of water!

Best of luck. Don't wory so much about controlling the day for swiys meds, especially if the meds are not being used to 'get high.'

The 'script is there to help, not control a person's life!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Lots of good information here. Thanks.
Great info here!
Appreciate encouragement to keep nutrition up
Old 26-06-2011, 20:13

24 y/o Male from Canada

Yeah, I've started making a shake at night, which I call the "Adderall Replenish" Ha!

-I add almonds, peanut butter, milk, vitamin C powder, and an egg.
the taste is less than okay... But on the bright-side my body is getting it's much needed nutrients and preparing for tomorrows dosage.

Almonds/peanut butter have omega fats, which is good the brain?

Milk to increase my stomach absorbing powers!
Vitamin C to cleanse....?

Anyone have a better recipe?

Good little recipe here. Nice idea!
Old 26-06-2011, 20:49

43 y/o Male from United States
jimmycann is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1

If you cant get food down, drink those protein shakes you can buy in powder form and reconstitute with milk. Or buy them in liquid form ready to drink. Drink milk period...it's got alot of calories and protein. Whole milk has the most bang for your buck too. Low fat, no fat, skim milk all seems to cost the same as whole milk. Why "waste" your $?
If youre not getting enough calories in a day....why would you worry about ingesting fat? Even saturated fats for that matter? Your body is just burning all traces of it for calories in which it sounds like you desperately need.
Add some kind of fruit to the equation too. Take a multi-vitamin and you should be good.

I had the same problem. I found that when I wasnt hungry I could still drink a glass of liquid.

Each shake has like 250-350 calories and ~20% of the protein you need in a day.

Count the calories until you reach at least 2,000....then you know your good for the day.

Remember protein is very important if you dont want to lose muscle mass.

great nutrient/grocery advice
Old 29-06-2011, 05:48

Male from United States
Garuccio is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

Swim has a problem eating too. On IR and XR. He recommends to just eat a meal a little before taking your adderall, then maybe a few hours later, you probably wont feel hungry, but just a small snack can help you get through the day. At night, swim usually has a horrible stomach ache because he is starving.... he just tries to have a light meal half way through the day hes sure that after a while, you'll get used to it and be able to eat daily.
Old 29-06-2011, 15:28
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United States
GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5

When SWIM used to take Adderall he'd always pick up a Gatorade (frost flavor, not that it makes a difference, but they were delicious) to make sure he stayed hydrated and got a few calories as well. If he couldn't force himself to eat a meal, which was often the case as if he had taken any Adderall at any point in the day he would have no appetite for the entire day, he would force himself to eat a protein bar or a small amount of food that was dense in calories, fat, carbs, etc. so that he knew he was getting the most he could get out of such a small amount of food. Also a multivitamin is useful since, without eating anything, there are no vitamins to be had from any other source. Aside from that I don't think there is a way to make eating any easier without taking another substance and that would rarely help SWIM either. Make sure SWIY eats before taking it though just to have some calories and at the very least some kind of sports drink that has a bit of sugar, calories, and electrolytes in it.
Old 30-06-2011, 04:27
Silver Member

Female from United States
up.and.running06 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1

Oh yeah, Milk is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJayS View Post
Yeah, I've started making a shake at night, which I call the "Adderall Replenish" Ha!

-I add almonds, peanut butter, milk, vitamin C powder, and an egg.
the taste is less than okay... But on the bright-side my body is getting it's much needed nutrients and preparing for tomorrows dosage.

Almonds/peanut butter have omega fats, which is good the brain?
Milk to increase my stomach absorbing powers!
Vitamin C to cleanse....?

Anyone have a better recipe?

That sounds like a disgusting, but perfect, recipe.
I have taken to eating an egg with milk and natural PB in the mornings (if I get up early) because I can't stand to eat eggs or PB before bed for some reason.
And glad I could help!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:28

32 y/o Male from United States
Gaskets is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

As stated above one MUST have fuel to burn. The body is just like what under the hood of a car. You cannot get premium results without premium fuel! Just because your driving a super sports car does not mean it can run on recycled heating oil! Yes Adderall will affect your appetite but that is not why this Engine needs it. Its because my motor was put together a bit different then the other motors. So the dealer recalled my motor for a quick repair. They have tried many repairs but I do not see the motor running well without the help so I know its going to need service and additives.

Even when this motor is running on something extreme such as the street version of adderall, it needs to eat! Think about it, your motor is running at high RPM, This is when you need fuel more then the rest of the time. A recent study (searching for men's health myths can provide some really good up to date info that shatters some old fuel myths) has provided some insight as to what you really need and when. They found that an average male will burn 2000 calories a day sitting on the couch! Also if you remember science class and what a Calorie is great, if not may I refresh, The calorie is a unit based on lighting the item on fire and seeing how long it burned. Well that is great and all but not the real information we need to feed the motors under the hoods. The suggestion above to just tally up to 2000 is a very small bandaid on a large wound and may help but not going to cover whats really needed for your situation. Research will and it is out there easy to find stuff.

It may have been mentioned before among some of the other helpful tips, but OMEGA 3, and OMEGA 6. These are SUPER important. Try to find a supplement that is from wild alaskan king salmon, the other fish just do not contain enough to make it as useful, on another thread i can rant about how harmful farm raising fish is but that is another day. Motor has found that other motors with the same recall have benefited greatly from these to focus and part of focusing is remembering to eat. I used to wake at 530, make it to work by 7, if lucky motor would force something in like a granola bar, but usually morning break was a yogurt, and a bagel with creme cheese and maybe a slice of lunch meat (or smoked salmon)

Once Motor had a chance to talk to a friend who was a bio chemist and benefited from adderall use as well. The topic of PH (acidity) levels was brought up, and that high acid foods such as citris are not advised. Well Motors friend said "well if high PH levels kills affective aspects of Adderall, wonder if lowering the PH would increase or extend the effects?"

A few weeks later Motor was told that so far tests were showing taking an antacid before adderall was not only easier on the stomach but was showing marked improvement for the longevity of the drugs effect. Motor tried, and agreed! Later once while Motor decided to try some high octaine fuel for some bad fun, Motor heard this again by way of street racers. The racers knew that if the premium fuel was not boosting them enough, get yogurt, milk, cheese (debateble) or anything else to lower that PH balance and get back to high octaine boost.

That is enough for tonight, I hope it was helpful. Motor has found yogurt with blueberries and or granola to be very good and easy to get down even in harsh conditions of a construction site. Much respect and love for trying to get a better handle on your ADD/ADHD Motor sometimes hates his awareness that has come about with reserach. But then Motor knows its best to be educated and not everyone will understand. Motor knows that it CAN be a gift but you better work hard for it.
Good luck!!

I rate your analogy 10/10!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:09

24 y/o Male from Canada

Ideas would be nice. What did you eat today? I want to start collecting data for my daily menu.
Old 13-11-2011, 09:20
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by up.and.running06 View Post
OP-

If SWIY just takes care to not eat a large meal around the initial dose and does not take anything with vitamin C until later in the evening, food really will/should not have much of an effect on the meds.
I was trying to figure out when to take my daily vitamins which have vitamin C in them. I work at 6 am and I am used to taking my pills right before work. 6 am is when I am prescribed my first dose of Adderall and 1pm is when I am prescribed my second dose of Adderall. Where do vitamins fit in with this schedule. I try to go to bed at 11pm and I am not sure if vitamins before bed would interfere with sleep.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 15-11-2011, 19:22
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
addersloth is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 134, Level: 1 Points: 134, Level: 1 Points: 134, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Please see the post that the sloth slothly wrote called "how to eat to increase adderall effectiveness"

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, adderall xr, amphetamines, drugs-forum, multivitamin, recovery, stimulant, vitamin c

» New Threads
Inspire
Last post by bignose1
0 Replies, 1 Views
My phenibut trials. Non-responder?
Last post by batman12
12 Replies, 382 Views
Codeine Vs Tramadol
Last post by Trying Again
3 Replies, 64 Views
ive finally jumped from 20 year...
Last post by charliecat