Notices

Old 16-06-2011, 04:08
Silver Member

Male from Canada
lehbowsky is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Fresh poppy seed tea dosage?

SWIM has a few questions about making poppy seed tea with seeds acquired from freshly picked pods. SWIM can only find info about people making tea with seeds that they have bought at a bulk food store or some other retail chain. SWIM has read that these seeds have been washed prior to being sold to reduce opiate content. SWIM has heard of people using 500g to lbs of seeds to make a satisfying brew. What would be a suitable dose of unwashed seeds from pods that have been freshly picked? Would these unwashed seeds have a noticeably larger opiate content? Should someone start with half of a lower end dose of washed seeds? Maybe 200-250g of fresh seeds? It should be stated that SWIM uses the equivalent of 40-60mg morphine per day, so he does have a bit of an opiate tolerance.
Old 16-06-2011, 04:10
Potter Potter is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20
Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5%
Re: Fresh poppy seed tea dosage?

there's this thing people used to do with drugs called experimenting. You try a little and see what happens, is it isn't enough, you try more.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Pointless and rather rude comment
Old 16-06-2011, 04:59
Silver Member

Male from Canada

LOL

well I was hoping for some input from people who had some knowledge on this matter. swim doesn't want to waste any of his limited poppy supply by not using enough to feel anything and he certainly doesn't want to do too much as i'm sure you know why.
Old 16-06-2011, 15:04

Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute

You are talking about a drug that isn't in any standardized quantity, there ARE no guidelines for poppy seeds. So start with a small dose, and after an hour, if it seems to not be enough, take some more. Probably 1/4 pound increments?

Great info.
Old 16-06-2011, 15:22
Titanium Member

Male from France
zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 545, Level: 3 Points: 545, Level: 3 Points: 545, Level: 3

I'd second potter here: try a small dose firt and increase gradually.

As a sidenote, if your supply is limited, just use some of the seeds to actually grow a few poppies - this way you can always maintain a healthy stock of poppy/seeds and from what i know, they're legal to grow in Canada, only cutting them to extract opium is forbidden. (please correct that if i'm wrong)
Old 16-06-2011, 19:30
Silver Member

Male from Canada

I have a small patch of poppies growing but my yard is of limited size and i don't think id be able to fit any more in my modest garden. I was wondering if i am safe in my assumption that the seeds right out of the pod will be stronger then the ones bought at a store? I'm looking for a reasonable amount of seeds to start at as i work up to find my ideal dose. So far I'm leaning towards starting with somewhere around 150-200g of fresh seeds. I'll also be making poppy pod tea but there is much more info posted by other people on how much they took and the effect it had on them. My first brew of pod tea will be made of 2 medium sized pods and i'll adjust from there.... but there are very few such stories of fresh poppy seed tea.
Old 17-06-2011, 16:25
Silver Member

Male from Poland
magister is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

from what I have read the seeds are effective only because of the sap that falls on them from the pod. Apparently vendors wash this off, but then some kids died from them so perhaps they don't always wash it off. Other than that I heard the seeds had some cannabinoids.

Would definately start with the lower end of the scale, but frankly if u got seeds from the plant, why not just brew up the poppy straw.
Old 17-06-2011, 16:36

24 y/o Male from USA - Florida
smokeasac needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

why dont just use the pods for tea. the seeds themselves contain no alkaloids they just have alkaloids on them from being inside the pods

Thanks for clearing up this misconception
Old 17-06-2011, 17:49
Titanium Member

Male from France
zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.

^^ - no, it seems that even if quantities are minute and one needs a large volume of seeds to use in tea, seeds do indeed contain the same alcalo´ds.

Many cases of positive drug tests triggered by the ingestion of poppy seed bread have been reported in the past and it is quite widely known that spanish and yugoslavian poppy seeds contain enough alcalo´ds to make a test go positive upon ingestio of poppy seed bread.
Old 17-06-2011, 18:37
Titanium Member

Male from Finland
Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozerohero View Post
^^ - no, it seems that even if quantities are minute and one needs a large volume of seeds to use in tea, seeds do indeed contain the same alcalo´ds.

Many cases of positive drug tests triggered by the ingestion of poppy seed bread have been reported in the past and it is quite widely known that spanish and yugoslavian poppy seeds contain enough alcalo´ds to make a test go positive upon ingestio of poppy seed bread.
In SWIM's opinion this in no way negates what the previous poster said. The seeds themselves do not contain alkaloids, but alkaloids end up in their outer coating when they are separated from the pods (as SWIM has understood, this separating is done by first crushing the pods with the seeds inside them).
Old 18-06-2011, 04:19
Silver Member

Male from Canada

SWIM does intend to consume pod tea, but he wasn't sure if he could use the seeds he has collected from the pods to create an opiate-rich tea. SWIM may just keep the seeds in case he finds a way to expand his poppy garden.
Old 18-06-2011, 05:07
Palladium Member

56 y/o Male from United States
Balzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline Medline
Points: 7,022, Level: 12 Points: 7,022, Level: 12 Points: 7,022, Level: 12
Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7%

What you might consider doing is putting all the seeds from the fresh pods in a wire strainer, then holding it over the pot of pods and pouring water over them to rinse any alkaloids into the pot you are going to make your pod tea in, thus cleaning the seeds and using the wash.
That way you will be killing two stones with one bird!
Then dry the seeds out to breed next season, or to season next bread.
(I amuse myself sometimes)

Last edited by Balzafire; 18-06-2011 at 05:59.
Old 18-06-2011, 05:39
Silver Member

Male from Canada

LOL swim's bread has seemed pretty lame lately.... hahaha

so if the seeds were gently rinsed, they could be dried and used later without actually ruining them? swim def did not know that and will have to give it a try.
Old 18-06-2011, 15:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by magister View Post
from what I have read the seeds are effective only because of the sap that falls on them from the pod. Apparently vendors wash this off, but then some kids died from them so perhaps they don't always wash it off.
No one has died from PST, the people who suppeodly have, all had large amounts of other drugs in their systems. SamuraiGecko had done a number of correspondences with the authorities on this subject, I'll try and find them at some point.
Quote:
Other than that I heard the seeds had some cannabinoids.
That would be Oleamide, which is found in the interior of the seed, meaning one would need to crush the seeds. It does not appear to be particularly recreational and crushed seeds make for a repugnant tea. I doubt this contributes to the effects in any substantial manner.

To those who say PST doesn't work, you are simply getting crappy seeds. The brand "Bob's Red Mill" is often found in organic sections of supermarkets and health food stores is quite potent and a 1/2lb bag will defiantly produce a buzz, and a full pound is reasonably strong. Their seeds have proven to be of consistent quality for the past few years. They also have a wide range of specialty grains that make for really fancy breads if you are into cooking.

Last edited by Potter; 18-06-2011 at 22:43.
Old 18-06-2011, 19:10
Silver Member

Male from Poland
magister is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

sure SWIM understands the kids had anti-depressive pharmacuetals and THC in their system, but the amount of morphine found on the seeds was alot higher than what is expected.
Old 21-06-2011, 10:50
Titanium Member

Male from France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petri6 View Post
In SWIM's opinion this in no way negates what the previous poster said. The seeds themselves do not contain alkaloids, but alkaloids end up in their outer coating when they are separated from the pods (as SWIM has understood, this separating is done by first crushing the pods with the seeds inside them).
Clearly this must be amisconception - i'd invite anyone with enough space to grow a few plants and who has good seed available to go ahead and try for themselves - grow them, wait for the seed to be ripe and carefully open up the pod from above with no chance of leaking sap into the seeds. Make seed tea and report back...

The way seed is industrially harvested and the moment it is harvested from poppy pods widely varies from one producing area to the other - in many cases the producer will harvest seed and dry pods at the same time and there's as good as no sap in the pod anymore at that point. Since seeds are most often washed in a water bath and dried before being packaged for consumption (precisely because one doesn't want to sell opium-sap covered seeds in a supermarket), there's as good as no chance that the eventual sap residue eventually coating the seeds remains on the seeds after the washing process, and certainly not in sufficient amounts to be responsible for the effects.
Also, seeds are passed through a sieve before wasing in industrial production, in order to remove other plant material. When sap comes into the seedpod, it will form a clump of seed and dried sap, which is pretty solid in my experience and way too big to pass the sieve anyway, and will most likely be discarded with the rest of the byproducts which will be thrown away or sold as gross raw material to pharma-companies for medicine production.
Furthermore, when harvesting pods for ornemental purposes, one can be certain that the seed will not be removed by crushing the pods.
Even when slicing the pods for opium manually, especially if it is done right, there's only very little chance to get sap on the seeds since one doesn't want to breach the inner skin of the pod and lose material.

Share this on:

Tags
drug, drug test, drugs-forum, extraction, florida, opium, pod tea, poppy, poppy pod, poppy pod tea, poppy seed, poppy seed tea, poppy seeds, poppy tea, poppyseed, tea