Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Amphetamines addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamines addiction Support for coping with Amphetamine-, Meth- and Ecstasy- addiction and Amphetamine addiction treatment.

Old 12-06-2011, 18:20

26 y/o Male from Canada
Smashbox is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
First time meth

SWIM only dose drugs recreationally and not often at all, SWIM has amazing discipline when it comes to using drugs. Yesterday SWIM decided to give meth a try, one time and only time. SWIM enjoyed the high and actually managed to be very productive during his high. SWIM started smoking meth at 2am up until 5am last night.

The current time right now is 1:20PM and SWIM still hasn't managed to fall a sleep. SWIM feels exhausted, but SWIM cant fall a sleep.

SWIM did drink a lot of liquids (tea, milk, V8...etc) and managed to get a semi-good breakfast in the system despite having no appetite at all.

SWIM right now is wondering what he should be doing? Theres a pharmacy right next to SWIMs Condo is there anything there that would aid him in falling a sleep?

SWIM wants to be fresh and ready to go to work at 7am on Monday.

SWIM has no cravings of ever doing meth again and is determined and confident that he will never try it again.
Old 12-06-2011, 18:59
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,318, Level: 12 Points: 7,318, Level: 12 Points: 7,318, Level: 12
Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6%
Re: First time meth

Since you have kept the fluids going and got some food into you, if you cannot get to sleep naturally, you can always try a tylenol PM or something like that. If you want to go as natural as possible, you can get some melatonin. It will say on the bottle how much to try. Now melatonin will not just put you to sleep but it can help you to relax.

*Captain buzzkill comes flying in*

Just a piece of advice you did not ask for (shame on me).

It's cool that you are determined and confident that you will never try it again. Many people including myself have felt and thought the same. IF you do try it again, be warned that it shows it can easily swallow you up whole and you become addicted. Please notice I said CAN, not will (to all those reading this and want to get all pissy for it).

*Captain buzzkill........AWAY*
Old 12-06-2011, 21:28
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Some people are just more sensitive to stimulants than others. I can inject meth around noon & go to sleep that night around midnight; my ex-boyfriend does meth & he can't sleep for 2 nights after (poor kid!).

However, considering it hasn't even been 12 hours since your last dose, it's not at all surprising that you can't sleep. 8 hours would only be the beginning of the stimulant part of the comedown (even though the euphoric aspect has probably long worn off), esp in someone without a tolerance.

I don't think you'll have a problem going to sleep tonight (as long as you don't take in any more meth or other stimulants, obviously! ) & get a good night's rest. You could try diphenhydramine; it's cheaper to buy it as an antihistamine (try generic Benadryl) than as a sleep aid like Tylenol PM (go ahead, check the active ingredients - they're the same! lol); plus you don't need the extra medication. Don't get too worried if you try a sleep aid prior to at least 5pm & it doesn't do much - like I said, 5pm will only be 12 hours after your last dose, and that's not really a long time for a meth high, esp the first time.

All the best, hope you get some rest!

~Kailey
Old 12-06-2011, 23:05
Silver Member

Female from United States
McWigg~N~Peeker is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1

A friend of mine says:

"I would have to slightly disagree with the others on taking something to aid in sleep...now everyone is different but in my and my fiancé's experience Benadryl/Tylenol PM may or may not work, it has had a 50/50 effect each time used to aid sleep...never tried Melatonin but as trdofbeingtrd said it would only relax you but not make you sleep...that could actually be the ticket to falling asleep is just getting relaxed. But IDK from personal experience."

"As each person that has previously posted, myself included thinks the more natural you go the better there's another all natural thing you can try besides Melatonin it's called Valerian Root"

"**DO NOT EVEN GIVE A THOUGHT TOO**
Whatever you do DO NOT take Ambien...for the simple fact that if you can get past the sleepiness of Ambien it will f*ck you up like shrooms...from experience about the second time I had ever experimented with Methamphetamines I was awake for like 2 days and started seeing what people call "Meth Monsters" (shadow people, think you see something out of the corner of your eye and you look and see nothing), and even though my mind was going my body was extremely exhausted so I thought "Hey, take Ambien that'll make you pass the f*ck out" boy was I wrong!! Since I had the Methamphetamines in my system keeping my mind awake it got me past the sleepiness effect and I was TRIPPING BALLS!!! Hella mumbling in a very low voice thinking everyone could hear me, thought my pillow was covered in thick cat hair, etc."

She hopes this bit of rambling helps SWIY

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great harm reduction advice about the ambien.
Old 12-06-2011, 23:15
Palladium Member

trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by McWigg~N~Peeker View Post
A friend of mine says:

"I would have to slightly disagree with the others on taking something to aid in sleep...now everyone is different but in my and my fiancé's experience Benadryl/Tylenol PM may or may not work, it has had a 50/50 effect each time used to aid sleep...never tried Melatonin but as trdofbeingtrd said it would only relax you but not make you sleep...that could actually be the ticket to falling asleep is just getting relaxed. But IDK from personal experience."

"As each person that has previously posted, myself included thinks the more natural you go the better there's another all natural thing you can try besides Melatonin it's called Valerian Root"

"**DO NOT EVEN GIVE A THOUGHT TOO**
Whatever you do DO NOT take Ambien...for the simple fact that if you can get past the sleepiness of Ambien it will f*ck you up like shrooms...from experience about the second time I had ever experimented with Methamphetamines I was awake for like 2 days and started seeing what people call "Meth Monsters" (shadow people, think you see something out of the corner of your eye and you look and see nothing), and even though my mind was going my body was extremely exhausted so I thought "Hey, take Ambien that'll make you pass the f*ck out" boy was I wrong!! Since I had the Methamphetamines in my system keeping my mind awake it got me past the sleepiness effect and I was TRIPPING BALLS!!! Hella mumbling in a very low voice thinking everyone could hear me, thought my pillow was covered in thick cat hair, etc."

She hopes this bit of rambling helps SWIY
Even though everyone reacts differently to a degree on different substances, chances are ambien will cause a situation as you described. I think that was great advice. This was not rambling, this was a very good harm reduction reply you gave. I understand from other posts it seemed I was harsh in my replies to you, but this was cool. You have information and care to share with the members here.

I think it was interesting advice, it sure would help someone from freaking out if something were to happen.

Melatonin is a natural substance/chemical in the body which helps us sleep. When you are getting sleepy, melatonin is what gives us the natural "nod out" reaction that causes sleep. There are some interesting topics on DF about it. I noticed you mentioned valerian root and wanted to share with the OP that if it's safe for them, there is a drink called "drank" which has both valerian root and melatonin in it. It has MOSTLY natural ingredients in it. If that don't work, you also have "sleepy time" tea.

For the OP, here is a link to a thread with natural herbal tea recipes for relaxing and sleeping.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=159907

Last edited by trdofbeingtrd; 12-06-2011 at 23:21. Reason: No autopost when adding information.
Old 13-06-2011, 20:23

26 y/o Male from Canada

Thank you for the replies, SWIM fell a sleep at 12:30am with some help of melatonin.

SWIM works out often at the gym and in the morning he realized all his muscles were completely shrunk, face appeared smaller and looked different. SWIM is trying to get all of his bodies nutrition back into place. Is there anything in particular that SWIM should take?

Its 3:20PM SWIM has finished worked and still feels a slight come-down.
Old 14-06-2011, 00:43
Silver Member

My friend wanted me to tell you:

"I think you may be over thinking the way you look just alittle bit after just one use...*sorry if that sounds bitchy it's not meant that way by any means*...exhaustion can make your eyes appear kind of sunken in, bags under them the whole 9 yards...even if your don't/didn't feel it mentally at the time your body physically is screaming out how exhausted it is by the way your muscles have appeared to have shrunk and your face appears smaller and "different".

Another thing to consider is dehydration, in my experience Methamphetamines and dehydration is it's much like when you get the flu and you can't keep anything down and you just lose SOOO much fluid from puking and sweating and you always look like death on a good day when your sick because your eyes are sunken in with the bags and your body all over feels all sucked up and smaller even with just a 24hour bug but you know no matter how much you puke or sweat you HAVE TO at least keep sipping that tea, broth, water, Gatorade, etc. if you're not eating, because dehydration will make it worse and/or prolong your illness. Same with Methamphetamines you may not want to drink and eat but you HAVE TO force yourself to AT LEAST keep hydrated.

Which the more I think about it you're most likely dehydrated if your just recently feeling a slight come-down because the more you hydrate the faster you circulate the Meth out of your system. It's to late now but in case you plan to experiment with Meth again in the future remember you ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT HAVE TO keep hydrated. Now I know it's hard to do when you're spun but my best advice is *if you don't have sh*tty teeth* eat ice, this way you're keeping fluids flowing and it gives your mouth something to do so you're not grinding your teeth/clicking your teeth together/doing that tongue against the roof of your mouth sucking sound/moving your jaw side to side and messing up your lips/cheeks *gum seems like a good idea until you wear a "hole" in your cheek or bite the sh*t out of your tongue 900 times* generally irritating everyone around you including yourself if you start to focus on it.

I know you mentioned you managed to keep hydrated but maybe it just wasn't enough, everyones body's different but what usually *again drawing from personal experience* what you THINK is enough isn't REALLY enough ya know. It depends on how much you sweat/pee during your high (vs.) how much fluid you take in. In my experience I always felt/feel like I'm getting enough fluids because of the general lack of interest in food/drink so it could be the same for you as well. You almost have to drink like 2 to maybe even 3x *likely a horrible guesstimation being that it's not a proven fact it's coming from personal experience, but sounds about right to me* what you normally would depending on how much you sweat. The average person is "supposed" to drink 8 to 10 8Oz glasses of water a day, now think about how much you lose when not only are you sweating but peeing and some people pee alot while spun out even when they haven't drank much of anything...crazy to think you can pee a sh*t ton and not have drank really anything. One more wonder that is Methamphetamines. I don't have the privilege to post links so I'll e-mail you a grat link I found about drinking 8 to 10 8oz glasses of water.

OK so about what I've done to replenish nutrients is *believe it or not* take a prenatal vitamin, it has helped not only me but my fiancé and several other friends both female AND male with that UGH I'm never doing this sh*t again, why did I do this again?! feeling that generally comes with a come down AND drink Carnation Instant Breakfast breakfast replacement drinks..They make pre-mixed Carnation Instant Breakfast as well but we've never tried them we always use the powder mix but to each their own! If you don't have prenatal vitamins just double up on the drink mix. Generally try to stick with high protein shakes/drinks because it may not be so easy to eat solid food still.

OK sorry it took so long...I just have so much to say all the time..GEEZ!! lol

Sound advice
Old 14-06-2011, 04:12

26 y/o Male from Canada

Thanks for the reply, SWIM appreciates it. It all makes sense to SWIM now. SWIM drank heavy on Friday. Then had more then a couple of beers on Saturday during the UFC fight, before he tried meth.

SWIM body must have been very dehydrated. Why SWIM tried meth? SWIM loves and works long days at his job. SWIM was curious whats this magic drug that makes you really productive.

SWIM will never do meth again. SWIM hates it and is mad even at the idea of trying it. SWIM dosent understand how one can stay up all night/day without sleep, knowing that you had no sleep?

SWIM eats fruits to keep his mouth hydrated and occupied. SWIM already had a lot of protein shakes, Casein, Amino Acids, multivitamins etc...

Smashbox added 13 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

SWIM wanted to add: Its 11:11PM on Monday now and SWIM still feels the come-down. SWIM thinks this is the most serious come-down he had in his life.

Last edited by Smashbox; 14-06-2011 at 04:12. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-06-2011, 07:25
Silver Member

So my friend says:

"I have to agree on the seriousness of the come-down..although the come-down/withdrawal from Heroin is WAAAYY worse..but then again I've only ever tried a few things in my life..long time pothead and I wish I would have just stuck with my ladyfriend Mary-Jane, but in no means am I saying weed is a "gateway drug" I COMPLETELY AND WHOLE HEARTEDLY disagree that it is a "gateway drug" because I've been around many a variety of things in my life and was always *before at least* COMPLETELY satisfied with MJ

Drinking with methamphetamines is a risky thing because alcohol thins the blood in turn the meth flows and flows..does that make sense? And drinking beer isn't keeping yourself hydrated my dear...my fiancé tries to say that same thing when we use...

Ever think maybe you're not just having a come-down but a come-down PLUS a hangover?!

I know exactly what you mean when you said you don't know how someone can stay awake and know they haven't slept...they call it "Tweaker or Peeker Time"...did you experienced that? When you look at the clock and it's say 2:12am then you look at the time again and you think it's been maybe like an hour MAX and you go outside to smoke a cigarette (if you smoke) and it's like 7:43am and it's SUPER bright out..lol..

I am curious to know why you posted in an Amphetamines Addiction thread?!
Old 20-06-2011, 05:16

26 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by McWigg~N~Peeker View Post

I am curious to know why you posted in an Amphetamines Addiction thread?!
I thought people who try to help addicts would provide better answers towards my case.

Its been more then a week since I tried meth and my thoughts still stay the same towards it. I don't crave about it nor think about nor do I ever want to do it again.

This drug completely put me out of track for sometime. I had a number of comments from my co-workers that I literary shrank in size after that weekend. Thats SCARY!!

Smashbox added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

EDIT: My friend was typing that reply for me.

Last edited by Smashbox; 20-06-2011 at 05:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-06-2011, 05:43
Palladium Member

My answer in the post was sarcastic as I did not know anything else to help with, and was noting that in a way I did not need to, as well as posting a useless post to the OP or anyone reading.

Useless one-liner that doesn't add anything informative to the thread.

Last edited by trdofbeingtrd; 03-08-2011 at 23:44. Reason: Fixing error.
Old 11-07-2011, 23:34
Silver Member

That is crazy that people noticed such a change after only a weekend, but everyones body is different. My friend has decided to take a higher road for awhile and isn't using for the time being anyways. It's hard to tell if she'll go back even for a taste simply because such as the wandering zebra calf tip toes towards the edge of the watering hole just for a taste and gets horribley attacked and pulled..in her fear is much the same. Much luck in your journey ahead my friend
Old 13-07-2011, 14:40
Banned

29 y/o Male from United States
ImWithTheDJ needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

Swim knows how you feel. He had done 3-4 day binge all the time with no sleep and it is extremely boring once the high wear off and you're running out of stuff to keep you occupy. Swim think some xanax can help you sleep, if not alot of benadryl, nyquil, 5htp, melatonin, and valerian root swim thinks will knock you out of the park lol. Don't take his word for it since he has never tried that cocktail before but supposedly they are safe and can be easily accessible.
Old 13-07-2011, 15:04

Male from United States
Garuccio is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

Try diphenhydramine maybe 50mg is usually a good dose to fall asleep. You can buy a bottle of 100, or a box of benadryl. Its the same chemical that is in Tylenol PM (just with tylenol also) good luck!
Old 23-06-2013, 12:53

Male from United States
Lovemhatem is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Mfoaf also had same experience. She did meth two days ago and still not able to sleep. Is drinking water and Gatorade. But from what I read above. It probably wasn't enough. Makes since. I will let her know and also to take a multivitamin and I read magnesium also. Eating is hard she said but she does try to make herself eat at least half sandwich, or apples or somthing to have good in her. She did try taking two Benadryl 25 mg each. That seemed to make it worse. She felt tired like she could go to sleep but legs were restless and that's why she took the Benadryl. But it seemed to keep her awake more. She said she has some Xanax,melatonin and Tylenol pm. Since Benadryl seemed to have an opposite effect on her which should she take, And how much? She told me she never had a problem with sleeping before and didn't need aides to help her. She would always be able to sleep at least a few hrs. But not this time. Curious why. Any advice info will be helpful

Share this on:

Tags
inject meth, meth amphetamine