Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:24
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mcspeedi is a decent psychonaut.
Detox From Heroin Addiction At Home - 6 Step Guide

Home Heroin Withdrawal Detox Guide
Hello and welcome to my home heroin detox guide I am currently a recovering heroin addict and would like to share my expertise on kicking heroin addiction at home without professional medical help or opiate substitutes.
Firstly I will tell you a little bit about my background I am 21 years old and after losing my son through difficult circumstances I became addicted to heroin and life seemed to be terrible I had hit rock bottom and felt as if I had chance of beating my addiction until one day I sat down with a pen and paper and put together a 6 step guide covering every angle of withdrawal such as pain relief, entertainment and professional medical advice. I put all 6 steps into action and within 7 days I had successfully detoxed form heroin and living a normal life again free from addiction.
This guide is in no way a fool proof plan to quitting heroin and will not work for everyone it is merely a guide to planning a successful detox and some may wish to change steps or even add their own to requirement.
• Step 1: As with any addiction it has to be in your personal wishes to beat your addiction on your own (you can have outside support) but it has to be your decision to stop otherwise this home detox guide will be rendered useless.
• Step 2: Set a quit date and stick to it. When choosing a quit date you need to allow yourself adequate time to prepare for your detox so as not to rush and end up falling back into the grips of addiction.
• Step 3: Compile a list of all legal over the counter medications you wish to have close by so as to minimize the physical symptoms of withdrawals such as headaches, nausea, diarrhoea, insomnia, stomach cramps and anxiety.
• Step 4: Buy enough food and drink including to last you up to 14 days and make sure you have a wide variety of foods so as to have a balanced diet over this period of time believe me it will make all the difference if you eat properly. The worst physical symptoms of heroin withdrawal will last 7-14 day with the 72 hour mark being the point where discomfort is at its highest level.
• Step 5: Most of you will already have a TV which is a great thing to pass the time and boredom you will face when detoxing there are also alternatives such as books, magazines, drawing pads etc. Some people like to write a diary when going through heroin withdrawal or draw detailed pictures whatever you feel most comfortable with will work best for you.
• Step 6: Make a doctor's appointment and show/tell him your plan to withdraw and get his/her medical advice so as to be sure your body and mind are in a fit state to withdraw safely on your own.
After following all of these steps above you are ready to start your withdrawal from heroin and I wish you the best of luck.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Nice little guide, but maybe you should add a list of available OTC drugs that can be used as aids.
good overview.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:23
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
cz-one is a decent psychonaut.cz-one is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 325, Level: 2 Points: 325, Level: 2 Points: 325, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: Detox From Heroin Addiction At Home - 6 Step Guide

Telling your doctor what your about to do is very important,especially if your doing this without help from anyone,plus they can give you prescription-only stuff that'll work better for the shitting/puking/sweats etc.and lofexidine definetely takes an edge off it all if used right. Plus i know of people that've used a similar method to this one,and cause their bodies immunity was lowered they got chest and urine infections,but because the doctor knew what they were attempting he knew to make a house visit and give them antibiotic shots. An idea is to book a house call by your doctor on day 5 or something just to be checked out or made more comfortable.

Me personally,i always found it 10 times worse if i was sat at home waiting for the sickness to kick in. Try and get out,do stuff to keep your brain occupied,cause when you rattle its like your having a full on fight with your own mind,body and soul,and to get any peace you have to kick the shit out of it and beat it into submission and show it your the boss,and that your not going to be held hostage by your own brain cells!!!! "right thats it mr.brain,i'm gonna make YOU ma bitch,see how you like it"!!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:58

31 y/o Female from United States
nancydrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Detox From Heroin Addiction At Home - 6 Step Guide

oh yes, kudos on mentioning the doctor. clonodine, bentyl, promethazine, perhaps and some sedative, those can help so much and aren't always the counter depending on your locality. i would also try to do some meal replacement shake if you have having trouble holding down solids, or pay attention to good simple nutrition while de-toxing. trust me, your body will need it.....also hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

Share this on:

Tags
heroin addiction, recovery & addiction, withdrawals